• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,750 Views, 31 Comments

The Search for the Rogue Pony Prince - JuneLuxray2



When Prince Blueblood is missing and wanted for his crimes, the group sets out to stop him again.

  • ...
4
 31
 2,750

Prologue

A panic had arose over Equestria upon hearing of Blueblood's absence. Everypony worried where he could be, and who he would strike next. There were frightening end results of one of his escapades, shown by Lady Strawberry Blossom and her horn. It had to be chopped off from all the cracks, leaving nothing but a short red stump on her forehead. When she tried to use her magic, not even a single spark flew from her stump of a horn.

Soldiers were sent to patrol all of Equestria in search of Blueblood. Celestia had placed guards by the portal in and out of Equestria to Earth, some standing in front of the portal in Applejack's cellar, some standing in the weapons vault. Day and night, these portals were guarded. Even more guards waited outside the cellar, letting only authorized ponies through. Guards also patrolled Ponyville and Canterlot- especially the castle- twenty-four hours, seven days a week. They stood patrol at Lady Blossom's farm whilst she tried to get back to her business in spite of all that had happened.

There was quite a bounty on the prince's head, and multiple Equestrian bounty hunters had been fruitless so far in their search for the culprit. The Fenton family was working with the princesses on their search, and ghosts even began to cooperate (for once!) to get the prince out of fear of being controlled again.

The huge majority of Earth remained unaware of what was going on, the minority being the Fentons, Sam, and Tucker. Vlad had his suspicions raised by the odd behavior of all the ghosts and the Fentons, however. He couldn't earn any answers from them, and even Jack wasn't telling him anything. Jack would merely sigh and say it was nothing unconvincingly. Maddie refused to answer him outright, simply stating, "It's none of your business."

This went on for two weeks until finally Celestia called them to her, claiming to have a lead. Danny, Sam, Tucker, and all of the mane six came, ready for another adventure. Celestia spoke when they arrived. "We've got a lead. Twilight and her friends will recognize this spot- in the cave where a dragon slept once up in one of the mountains that they awoke and got to leave, a few suspicious flares came from up there in that cave just an hour ago. Twilight's already informed me that they appear to be from what she thinks is a teleportation spell that went wrong. I want you all to go up and inspect the area for any clues."

Rainbow Dash immediately saluted the princess. "Yes, your majesty! I can't wait to go get 'im. Man, he'll be crying all the way home to his mommy after I-"

"Rainbow Dash, there are no guarantees he'll even be there any longer. I want you all to go up just in case- protection in numbers- and see what you can find." Princess Celestia said calmly. Rainbow paused.

"Well, uh, that works too..." she said, a little disappointed. Celestia continued.

"Anyhow, I'd like you to go home and get what you need for the journey up the mountain and meet at Twilight Sparkle's library after you're ready to go."

Everyone set off, and Danny and his friends immediately began to murmur about what weapons they needed and the thermos- and snacks, in Tucker's case. Twilight advised to them that they bring only a few weapons, due to the weight of them- and that if need be, Danny could go ghost and fight.

In any case, their adventure had truly begun.