• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,750 Views, 31 Comments

The Search for the Rogue Pony Prince - JuneLuxray2



When Prince Blueblood is missing and wanted for his crimes, the group sets out to stop him again.

  • ...
4
 31
 2,750

The Uneasy Night

No sooner than did Danny and friends explain the danger the Infi-Map was in did Frostbite have the map moved to a locked chest with an enormous amount of guards standing outside of it, making it virtually impossible for anyone- or pony- to get in. The large Far Frozen guards, especially in large numbers, was enough to turn most away, except for the foolish, who would find themselves in deep trouble.

Frostbite then led them to a cave full of paintings of Danny defeated the ghost king, Pariah Dark. "For thousands of years, the king of the Ghost Zone was locked away in a special coffin. He possessed a ring and a crown of fire. If one was to get both, they would have extraordinary power...I assume Danny has told you about Vl-"

"Uh, Frostbite! One second..." Danny murmured into Frostbite's ear, who sent a quick glance to Jack and Maddie and frowned.

"They are unaware?" he asked. Danny threw a hand to his face as both parents scowled.

"For goodness' sake, Danny, what else are you hiding? Hiding the fact you were Danny Phantom all along was bad enough. Speak up." Jack said. Danny paled.

"Uh...I don't know if you want to know, Dad..."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Of course I would! It's my job to know! I'm a ghost hunter and a father!"

"Well..."

"Danny, you're lucky we aren't going to ground you for not telling us. Speak up." Maddie said. Danny sighed.

"This stinks, majorly...if you'll excuse us..." Danny left the others behind and got his parents to follow him off to a private area where no one would hear them. He took a breath. "I never wanted to be the one to tell you this. At all. But...ugh, there's another half ghost..."

Maddie and Jack's eyes went wide. Maddie gasped. "Why didn't you tell us you weren't the only one? Who is the other?"

"Well...he's not a good person. At all, really. He wants to kill you, Dad, and wants to marry you, Mom...and take Jazz and especially me as his children...he's insane."

Maddie immediately knew who Danny was talking about. She let out a yelp of alarm and shock and covered her mouth. "Him? I knew he was a sick person who even trying to get me away from Jack, but he's a half ghost? Him?"

"Who is this monster?" Jack snapped, enraged. "No one tries to take my family and kill me! Never!"

Maddie stared up towards her husband, then Danny. "I suddenly realize why Danny didn't want to tell us, Jack...this is terrible. I can't believe it...it must've been that...that accident in college..."

Jack's eyes went wide and his face blanched and all color faded away. "You-you can't mean Vlad! No, not him...it can't be."

"Well, he got into just about the same accident I did." Danny pointed out. "Surely you remember the Wisconsin ghost?"

"It can't be!" Jack blurted again, flabbergasted. "Not my best friend!"

"Dear...surely you remember the DALV trip Danny and I went on?" Maddie asked. Jack looked up.

"Yes, of course...that was a strange time. Ghost animals kept attacking the house. Jazz and I tried to clean it up so you two didn't find out..."

Maddie grimaced. "Figures. We got attacked by ghost animals, too. They actually chased Danny through this forest we crash-landed suspiciously right by Vlad's mountain home in the Rockies. I saved him. Earlier on when we went into Vlad's home, he told me to leave you and stay with him...of course, right when we came back because we needed some sort of transportation back or a phone, I went to go look around while Danny kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't come looking for me. Oddly enough, Vlad seemed to have run out when I came back. Danny looked rather relieved, come to think of it." she said, casting a glance to Danny.

Jack was silent for the longest time. Finally he croaked out something. "I...I need to be alone for awhile...never mind hearing the story of Danny becoming Great One...I think I know what story you're talking about. The Ghost King. I'll come back when I'm ready."

Danny was going to say something, but Maddie shook her head and made Danny come with her. Back in the cave, the group was waiting. Twilight Sparkle sighed.

"How did Jack take to the news of...Vlad?" she asked. Danny looked down.

"Not too well. He wanted to be left alone for awhile." he said. Rarity groaned.

"Ugh. I remember you telling us about Vladimir Masters in the weeks we were waiting for news about Blueblood. Such a strange fellow."

"Or as Danny called him, a big, fat Frootloop!" Rainbow said.

"Frostbite told us about the story while you were away. He assumed that you already knew about it, so he just told us." Fluttershy said. Danny nodded.

"That was the best thing to do. Alright, now I believe you had a story to tell us about the Elements of Harmony?" Danny asked. Applejack shook her head.

"Let's wait until Jack's ready to talk again. It'd be best if he heard this, too."

"In the meantime, why don't you come with me for dinner? I would assume you all have had a long day. Spike is still happily eating away at the rubies. He's actually become quite a big help. And he's left a large pile for you, Miss Rarity." Frostbite said. Tucker smiled.

"Finally! Food! Meat!"


Jack had come back in the middle of dinner. He ate with them and failed to speak a word. The rest had chattered amongst themselves. At the end, Twilight Sparkle began the story. "I used to live in Canterlot. Since I was a child, I had studied under Princess Celestia about magic. But one day I had read a legend of a mare by the name of Nightmare Moon. She had been imprisoned on the moon by Princess Celestia for a thousand years for threatening to not move the moon for the sun, angry that ponies played in the sun, yet slept and ignored her beautiful night she worked so hard to create in Equestria. It said on the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration that occurred at the thousand year mark that the stars would aid in her escape.

"The princess had told me to go to Ponyville and make friends, much to my distaste. I met all of these five and at first shunned the idea of being friends. But when the legend came true and Nightmare Moon escaped once more, I needed their help searching for what are called the Elements of Harmony, the only thing that could stop her. In various acts, they earned their elements. When all five came together, the sixth and most powerful element was exposed. They are Laughter, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness, and Magic.

"Pinkie Pie controls the element of Laughter, Applejack has the element of Honesty, Rainbow Dash earned the element of Loyalty, Rarity captured the element of Generosity, Fluttershy got the element of Kindness, and I have the element of Magic. We used them on Nightmare Moon, our friendship uniting our elements. We freed Princess Luna from whatever evil force had hold upon her to create Nightmare Moon."

"Princess Luna was Nightmare Moon?" Jazz asked, surprised. "I would've never guessed. She's so kind."

"We were surprised, too. But now she is free from those powers of darkness. We then had to use them again when a villain named Discord escaped and he caused havoc. He was almost the end of our friendship, but the control he put on us was broken and we stopped him. We have to wear special jewelery which contains the elements only we can use. The jewelery is in the Canterlot Castle, under careful protection."

"Wow. Funny how we met up with the heroes of one world when the heroes of another were in trouble." Sam said. Pinkie smiled.

"Well, we always believe now that future friends have some sort of special connection to each other. Long story. But that must've been the case!" she said cheerfully. Tucker was about to speak when a shrill, falsetto scream was heard. They all turned to see multiple Far Frozen guards chasing a certain unicorn with the name Blueblood away. With a flash, he disappeared again.

They were left to stare for a long time. Applejack grinned. "That'll teach that fool."

"But how did he get past the guards?!" Rarity shrieked.


Upon returning home, baffled guards had told them that Blueblood had teleported so fast that they had hardly a chance to get him. However, he had not returned back yet to the portal, so it was probable he was still in the Ghost Zone somewhere. The ponies returned home, a little shaken, and the Fentons had- nervously- gone to bed. Jack or Maddie had stayed awake during the night and traded off turns for one to sleep and one to keep watch. Neither of the Fenton children could sleep peacefully, and Sam and Tucker had felt the same at their homes, despite the fact Blueblood was unaware of where they lived.

It was a very uneasy night.