• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 5,839 Views, 39 Comments

Five months of Chaos - The Blackcuno



Twilight finds out the hard way why chaos isn't as straight forward as she thought. thanks to Discord, she now has Five months to figure it out.

  • ...
12
 39
 5,839

Draconequus Sparkle

It wasn’t something that she considered as a ‘viable option’ to simply incinerate the objects in question, but it was one that came to mind. The idea came when Discord had sent her a set of golden bands with what appeared to be 5 gemstones of decreasing size in a soft circle of gold that would clip onto a pony’s ear. It contained some of the most powerful magic Twilight had ever felt with an enchantment probe before.

“The earrings of profound change” she read out loud as the wooden box had label on the golden plaque imbedded in the wood about half an inch. The note that had come was written with only the words.

‘Try them out. Discord’

Swallowing she wondered exactly what they would do, especially when it was from him, but resigned to the fate of ‘nothing ventured, nothing gained’. Taking them in her magic she floated them over to her ears and attached them. With a soft click they attached to her ears and though her crown was nestled in her mane behind her horn, she smiled as they suited her.

Walking out of her bedroom and down the flight of stairs, having yet to name her new abode of purple crystal that looked like a tree, she headed down to where her breakfast was waiting. Sitting idly back in a hammock of deep blue floating crystal was the Draconequus himself, Discord, who glanced over when she walked in and whistled catching her attention.

“Ah my dear Twilight. I see you found a little gift of mine I left for you” he said. “Think of this as a replacement because the other one was a key or so I heard from a little bird”

“They are certainly lovely, thankyou Discord” Twilight said happily. Taking some of her breakfast, she noticed that Discord was watching her intently. “Is something the matter I don’t have bed mane do I?”

“No you do not and well, I was wondering. What made you change your mind about me? My devilishly good looks or something else” he asked, slicking his hair back with his magic.

“I don’t know Discord. But what I do know is that you are friends with Fluttershy and though she may trust you, I still don’t entirely trust you yet” Twilight admitted and deadpanned.

“Oh Twilight, that hurts, but still you wouldn’t know what it’s like to be a loner” Discord said placing his paw on his heart only to let a cloud appear over his head.

“Come again? You do realise I spent the better part of my life locked away in a library. Secondly no I wouldn’t know what it’s like to be a Draconequus because I’m an Alicorn” she scolded.

“Oh no need to be like that Twilight. I understand but imagine if you will having no pony to like you, no pony to even enjoy the laughter of chaos like I would” he said lowering his head in almost feigned sadness.

“Listen, Discord. If I could I would, but even if ‘I want to be a Draconequus’, it’s not like I can make it happen by simply saying that” she said as Discord changed from pure sadness to a Chester cat smile that would make the joker grin look normal. “What?”
“My dear, what a long tail you have” he said floating over as Twilight looked at him confused.

“What long tail-“She said glancing back. Attached to her, in place of her tail, was one of a long eastern Dragon styled one with a purple and pink tuft at the end. “-Discord what-did-you-do-to-me!”

“oh nothing much” he replied as Twilights left leg shifted from a pony hoof into that of a deer’s, her right retaining as her staple purple pony one.

“Stop it Discord please!” she shouted her chest barrelled up, increasing her size to match the length of Discords. Her left fore-hoof became a white tiger’s paw whilst her right a dragons claw of deep emerald green. “No what’s going on, Discord what’s going on?”
“Well you did say you wanted to be a Draconequus” he replied nonchalantly, pulling out some popcorn as her neck increased in length, one of her wings replaced with that of an owl whilst her other remained the same.

Her horn quickly pushed back in as a pair of nubs appeared in their place, doe horns, but her face became a little more longer before with a solid resounding ‘pop’ she was completely done. Her entire form then slammed into the crystal table as she blinked in confusion as to the sensations from her body.

“And I must say my dear, you do make a nice Draconequus” he said coyly as she looked up at him and glared daggers.

“Discord. I’m going to give you a five second head start before I hunt you down” she said with venom holding her new tiger paw up with four digits. ”One, two-“

“Well I best be off then ta-ta for now ha-ha” he said pointing to a door that had appeared, just as she said four. He disappeared in a flash and nervous laughter leaving a door knob which popped into confetti.

“Five-“she said softly before letting out an in-pony scream of anger comprising of the word ‘discord’ that rattled the tower so much that Spike rolled over in pure annoyance and brushed it off as another Monday morning.

~0~0~

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were both enjoying the midmorning picnic they had decided to take after a rather busy few days with the events of Tireck still playing over their minds. Pinkie laughed at the fact that Fluttershy still cowered from the idea, but the pair giggled it off.

Pinkie then went into what could be described as Pinkie-ability special which Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth in either awe or shock.

“Whoo-ee, that was a doozie and a half, something completely random has happened and it wasn’t me” Pinkie said happily as a door opened near them and Discord, disguised as a small otter, rushed to Fluttershy’s side. “Ooh, Discord what are you doing here?”

“Hide me” he said cowering into Fluttershy’s hair.

“From?”

‘Discord!’ Twilight’s voice cried out from the town that was a fair distance from the new crystal tree palace.

“Twilight!” He almost whispered, Fluttershy looked down at him as out of nowhere a huge flash of pure purple jelly appeared. In the middle was Draconequus Twilight who looked half disgusted at the jelly. Her new face was twitching in annoyance as Fluttershy gasped but Pinkie was chewing on a mouthful of jelly because she had been doused in the stuff.

“Mm, tastes of blueberries. Hiya Twilight, what you doing?” Pinkie Pie asked completely oblivious to the fact that Twilight was not herself, literally.

“Pinkie. I’m a Draconequus if you haven’t noticed and it’s all his fault”
“My fault, you’re the one who said you wanted to be a Draconequus not me” Discord defended quickly, becoming a defence attorney with a whacked haircut.

“Discord, explain to me how this is my fault”

“Twilight, I know you’re angry right now; but Discord will explain. Wont he” Fluttershy said quickly enough to defuse the situation. Discord conjured up a chair for her and a gavel, to which Twilight ‘snapped’ her dragon claw to make it all go away just as quick as it had appeared.

“Okay fine, I was going to see how long it lasted anyway. She has simply triggered the powers of the earrings that she is wearing. They are called ‘profound change’ for a reason” he said appearing to have a pair appear in his hands. “I created them after all so I know all about them”

“Okay so change me back” Twilight commented hastily.

“No can do” he replied.

“Discord, change her back please” Fluttershy asked nicely.

“I can’t and even if I wanted to I made sure that the spell would run its course first” he said as said earrings started to race around her head before ‘screeching to a halt’ and re-attaching to her ears with the sound of parking vans ‘beeping’. “Which I recalled would be quite some time”

“How long Discord” Twilight asked tapping her doe hoof with impatience.

“Well-“he said trailing off before finishing as Fluttershy poked him. “-5 months”

“What!” Twilight screamed again. “5 Months are you serious. There is no way I can be like this for 5 whole months!”

“Why not. I mean you could also study your new form” Fluttershy mentioned. “I mean if you wanted to”

“Urgh, I’m pissed off, but at least I can figure out how your chaos magic works” Twilight replied with a defeated sigh.

“Wouldn’t recommend that” Discord said as Twilight glared at him.

“And why not, is it because something like an anvil will fall from the sky or I disappear and re-appear pregnant, or swap places with Celestia or what Discord? You cannot keep informing me of things on the fly it doesn’t work-“she said only to be slammed on the head by an Anvil to which knocked her out cold.

“That’s why, chaos cannot be organised, it’s to-“he began waving his griffin clawed hand around in circles. “-Chaotic to be organised”
“Oh my, will she be okay?”

“Positively fine Fluttershy my dear” Discord said grabbing Twilight, hoisting her up, conjuring up a bucket of water only to throw the bucket not the water. The metal acted as water and Twilight blinked back awake.

“What just happened? And what fluid did you hit me with”

“Chaos did my dear. See” he said pointing at the anvil. Twilight teleported away again a few short feet back she blinked as it grew wings and flew off. “Like I tried to say, Chaos cannot be controlled only directed”

“I cannot believe you Urgh” Twilight exclaimed throwing her new hands up casting out what appeared to be either a fine ash or powder.
Pinkie quickly tasted it and revelled in the taste before Twilight teleported away once more. This time leaving behind what appeared to be a white, semisolid goo.

Discord tasted it before his eyes widened. “Wow, she is a connoisseur of chaos magic”

“What?”

“That is the best soft white fudge I have ever tasted” Pinkie exclaimed looking around quickly and before any pony else could take it from her, she proceeded to devour the remains in less that five seconds.

Author's Note:

I want to test the waters so to speak and see if people want more of this story before I proceed.

I have the next chapter and it involves Celestia and chocolate, along with copious amounts of uncontrolled crazy.

Ammended - 23/07/2014 - minor adjustments and spelling of certain words.