• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 5,839 Views, 39 Comments

Five months of Chaos - The Blackcuno



Twilight finds out the hard way why chaos isn't as straight forward as she thought. thanks to Discord, she now has Five months to figure it out.

  • ...
12
 39
 5,839

Time Flies when having fun

“Twilight are you sure that nothing is the matter?” Rarity asked as the Draconequus that was Twilight, who was floating on a cloud of white taffy and almonds in the basement of her castle, sobbing incoherently all the while. Said basement now sported various chaotic things from her errant magic going haywire instead of the natural organised mess it was prior. In her clawed hand was a bucket of some kind of conjured creation of hers which she was eating with a spoon the size of her head which seemed not to phase her that much considering the mess she was in at this time.

“Told you she’s upset, I’m glad you all came as quickly” Spike mentioned as he bounced off the floor and tried to reach Twilight, only to hit a kind of barrier when he got close.

“So what happened to her?” Applejack asked, testing the quality of the floor only to yelp as it tried to assimilate her. She pulled her hoof, which sunk to about her fore ankle joint, out of the semi-solid floor to show that her coat was covered in purple and black patches. The fluid then retreated off her hoof, like water would off a freshly polished metal, and with the sound of water hitting a puddle it sunk back into the floor once more.

“She came back from Canterlot earlier today” Spike explained. “All I got out of her was ‘I cannot believe how stupid I was’ and ‘where’s the damned ice-cream, wait I’ll just conjure some’ before vanishing down here”

“Wonder why that was” Dash mentioned looking very concerned at the scene before her. “So what happened exactly?”

“She put on a pair of earrings that changed her into a Draconequus” Fluttershy explained quickly; taking flight and entering the chaos zone without any worry or self-preservation at all. Dash ‘tried’ to follow only to have a number of spheres rush at her violently that had appeared from the floor. Dash dodged out of the way of the first three only to misjudge the last one, get hit in the wing and crash into a far wall which turned into a hand that threw her back at the door. She was caught by Discords own chaos magic and lowered to the floor.

“Twilight, it’s me Fluttershy, do you want to talk?” Fluttershy asked as she hovered near Twilight. The response was for a shake of the head, visible to the ponies and Draconequus. “Did you want space?” Twilight nodded before Fluttershy flew back down to the safe area at the base of the stairs.

“So you going to let her simply walk over you like that!” Dash exclaimed, rubbing her now throbbing head from the impact

“She wants to be alone, so that what we will give her until she wants to speak about it” Fluttershy replied.

“We are her friends she needs to talk about this sooner or later!” Dash exclaimed.

“It will fester otherwise if she keeps quiet” Applejack mentioned, inputting her two cents into the conversation. Pinkie though was bouncing off the floor with cathartic glee, going so far as to do backflips and the like during the entire exchange from her friends.

“I wonder what she was told” Discord commented as the five ponies and Draconequus headed back upstairs. “She was a riot when we pranked the Princesses, though from what I heard, Shinning is still recovering from a rather long session with Cadence who spent an entire evening sleeping it off. Now she has gone moody like this”

“You pranked the Princesses?!” Fluttershy stated with shock before scolding him, “Discord you should know better-“

“-Not my idea, Twilights” Discord said going on the defensive, it was the truth though so Fluttershy nodded looking back at Twilight.

“I beg your pardon but you really expect us to believe that?” Applejack stated. “She has been a Draconequus for less than a day and you blame that on her-“

“-Actually Applejack it was my idea” Twilight said appearing behind them through her use of teleportation, she passed the resulting chocolate strawberries to Pinkie Pie. “Sorry, but I need a few moments to think and your right, if I don’t talk about it will fester”
“How did you hear me from the basement-“

“-Don’t ask that which you cannot comprehend” Twilight stated waggling her finger. “But in short, after I reversed the chocolate coat and robotisation of the princesses, they basically said that I need to be careful and a few other private matters”

“Awe but at least your still you” Pinkie said.

“That may be so, but for how long. I let the idea of letting chaos loose get to my head” Twilight stated. “It was nothing like magic before where I could control it. This is like if I wanted something to happen it just did on its own accord”

Twilight sighed as the girls just jumped her in a hug which she returned. After a few minutes of the group hug they broke off each sighing in relief that nothing was actually wrong.

“Well, let us know if you want anything or if you need to talk” Fluttershy commented. “You can always talk with us you know”
“Thanks and I know and will take you up on that” she said waving them off as they exited through the front door of the castle. She breathed a sigh of relief before looking at Discord. ‘You could have told me sooner you know”

“About?” Discord asked with caution as Twilight just glared at him.

“Oh I don’t know, about the whole ‘errant chaos’ or the fact that you are the only one of your kind at all. You are insufferable. Until I want to speak with you again, get out”

“but-“ he pleaded, his lips moving as though he was about to cry and Twilight wasn't buying it.

“Out now Discord” Twilight screamed loud enough for him to get the picture. He sighed before teleporting away. All that was left behind was a note. Twilight picked it up, stashed it on her desk before darting up to the basement to finish off the ice cream.

~0~0~

For the next two months, Routine was get up, test out a few chaos magic points, have lunch with Spike, test a few more things out then sleep. Rinse and repeated until she grew tired of the fact that she knew most if not all that she could from chaos magic over her normal unicorn magic.

She was now sitting casually on a cloud of semi hard fudge on the balcony of her new crystal home, but it floated a few inches off the floor reading a book on chaos theorems. She still hadn’t spoken to Discord at all and her friends came around once or twice a week, but he was never there. Her heart wanted to race around the floor as her mind thought of him.

Rolling off the cloud, which she drop punted it in the direction of Rainbow Dash’s house which would collide in around half a minute, before walking past her desk and noticing the note from Discord. Unrolling it out of interest as it had been then for nearing the two months she read it out loud for no other reason than she could.

‘Twilight. I wanted to apologise for everything. I should have warned you before about the earrings and the magic’s behind them. But as you know, chaos is a fickle thing. I know your upset but I wanted to say also that pranking the princess’ was a wonderful idea. One thing you should know is that you always had that streak, it was just hidden behind a façade that was your OCD mind.

I wanted only for you to understand what friendship really means to me, being the Princess of Friendship I hoped you wanted to jump at this chance to learn something new. Discord’

Her mind raced, he wanted only for her to learn about friendship and to be friendly about it, But then it was something else like why would he go to such lengths as to do this. Her mind was ablaze of thoughts but then she recalled all the times that discord had gotten involved in her life which made her pause.

She was the last of her friends to be corrupted by him during his first release when they first me. Then all the times he helped her specifically during the various points in the last two years, faking getting sick so she would bond more with Cadence, to when he literally marked out the pages which helped her defeated Tirek not too long ago. Be them coincidence or not, but he had a funny way of showing affection.

Then it was his expression when he admitted that he wished not to harm them, specifically Fluttershy, but the way he looked at her during his capture at the hands of Tirek that she realised the mistake she had made.

“Oh Celestia what have I done” she muttered as tears of chocolate hit the page. “Some friend I am, time to show him I’m sorry, but doing it his way” she continued putting the page down and giggling like a maniac which would make any evil villain giggle with glee. She then promptly snapped her dragon clawed hand and vanished in a shower of white powdery sugar.

~0~0~

Fluttershy had noticed that Discord the last few weeks had been in the dumps, literally and figuratively. He barely said anything at all of late but was still perky when pranks were mentioned but aside from that he would be all mopey and oddly enough to easy to control.

The pair were at this stage of the day sitting outside on one of the mounds that overlooked Ponyville. They watched as Dash seemed to be fighting with an off white coloured cloud only to be ‘absorbed’ by her fighting it. Ditzy ‘Derpy’ Doo seemed to be poking it comically as the limbs of Dash was hanging out at various angles.

“Wonder what cloud that is” Fluttershy mentioned as Ditzy was also stuck into the cloud mass.

“White taffy” Discord stated. “Unmistakably one of her little objects”

“You mean Twilight?” Fluttershy corrected trying to get some kind of emotion other than grump’s mc-grurt grunting in either anger or angst.

“Yes that is who I was speaking about” he said avoiding saying the name of the one who shot him down hard.

“Is something the matter?” Fluttershy asked. “You have been so- distant of late”

“I feel betrayed I guess, lonely and those sort of feelings” he replied.

“Twilight is feeling just as alienated as you are. More so even-“

Discord blinked a few times as Fluttershy stopped mid sentence. Sitting in front of him, appearing out of the blue, was a small grey box with small button like protrusions on each side. Each adorned with a small pink heart. Discord tapped the top to which it giggled before bouncing around comically. Fluttery was confused but couldn’t help but laugh from the infectious giggling it was doing.

It then stopped before folding out revealing a miniature water cannon which promptly squirted a light brown fluid into Discords hanging open mouth. He blinked a few times as laughter echoed nearby that he turned to see Twilight sitting in the tree laughing her head off, literally it bounced across the grass until it reached the base of the box.

“Oh man, I cannot believe that worked. Oh hey, uh my head has seemingly come off. Discord, can you help please” She pleaded from her new position at the base where the box once was.

“Why should I? I though you didn’t want to talk” he said pouting as Twilight rolled her eyes before her body appeared in front of him and picked her own head up and twisted it back on.

She then promptly grabbed him by the face, turned it around to meet hers and with a simple look said “I’m sorry for being a jerk to you. I realise now you wished only to let me understand more about you and I see that now” she let him go as Discord seemed to be confused and looked oddly at her. “I think what you said, combined with the princess’ and everything that transpired-“

“Oh my, if you two need to be alone-“

“-No” the pair replied hastily to which Fluttershy backed off and nodded.

“I suppose what I’m saying is that I’m willing now to give this a chance at working; so how about this, Once a week for the start, you come around to my house basement and you teach me to use chaos magic” Twilight stated flicking her tail into his casually. Discord tapped his chin to which Twilight was nervous.

“Okay then ‘Princess’ on one condition. One day a week as well, you and I do ‘Draconequus things’” Discord said, Twilight looked at him and sighed before nodding in agreement.

“Deal, so what do you mean by ‘Draconequus’ things?” Twilight asked using her claw and paw digits to use inverted air quotes. Discord simply smiled and with a cocky grin waggled his own in response.

“That my dear, you will need to find out for yourself” he said with a cheeky grin. Twilight moaned out in annoyance before sighing.
“So, what are you two doing out here anyway?” Twilight asked conjuring up a cloud of white taffy for her to lay on. She noticed that Fluttershy was pointing into the sky; now in the sky was a mangled mess of wings and twitching limbs consisting of Blue, Grey limbs with rainbow and sandy yellow coloured manes sticking out as a pair of mares, Flitter and Cloudchaser were both pondering the scenario before them. “Oh right”

“Twilight can you-“

“-I was just about to Fluttershy okay” Twilight said, snapping her Claws fingers the cloud vanished to a surprised Rainbow Dash and Ditzy Doo. The pair then flapped and untangled themselves much to the dismay of the two who had come to help.