• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 6,830 Views, 193 Comments

A Nightmare in Equestria - Imperium Bedlam



A LoHAV story about a man thrown into Equestria as his favourite horror movie villain, Freddy Kreuger.

  • ...
28
 193
 6,830

Knowledge Once Gained...

"My mentor Star Swirl the Bearded taught me about them" claimed Clover the Clever, "they're winter spirits that feed off fighting and hatred. The more hate the spirit feels, the colder things become!"

Both Private Pansy and Smart Cookie gasped at this news, Smart's expression becoming downtrodden as she spoke "Then... Then... this is our fault. We three tribes... we brought this blizzard to our home by fightin' and not trustin' each other. Now it's destroyin' this land, too."

Clover the Clever nodded, adding "And now our bodies will become as cold as our hearts... all because you retarded birds and in-breeding hicks couldn't just lay down and accept our rule!"

"This... this isn't right" said Twilight, her eyes scanning back and forth over the words, but they stayed the same, though the writing was thicker and a lot more erratic. Yet she continued to read.

Private Pansy stomped a hoof down, glaring at the other two, "Well, I hate you both so much... I hate you a lot more than Commander Hurricane!" For this, Pansy got glares of her own as both Smart and Clover advanced on her at once.

"What is going on here? This isn't what happened!" Twilight's mind was racing a million miles, who would write such an obvious fake? Surely nopony would have believed this if they knew what happened, which was hard not to considering the amount of times this story is recounted. But still she continued to read, hoping for some sort of answer to this.... this debasement of an important part of Equestrias history!

"Well I hate you both immensely! There ain't nothin' I want more right now than ta' wring your skinny little

Twilight dropped the book and stumbled back as the words on the pages in front of her seemed to melt, coalescing into a dark black that covered the bottom of the page. She looked around the library for anyone to tell her what in Equestria was happening, when she suddenly thought 'When did I get to the Royal Archives?'

Her thoughts however were cut short as the ink began to seep out of the book, turning a sickly red colour while it spread across the floor. She took a few more steps back, seeing that the red substance was also cascading down the shelves on either side of her, surrounding her in an ever encroaching puddle of red. She was stumbling to get away though her eyes were transfixed on the strange liquid as she could almost see what looked like letters underneath its surface.

Then all of a sudden the puddle stopped expanding, now contracting in on itself as it slowly bubbled up into a long pillar in front of the awe-struck Twilight. The pillar slowly developed limbs and took a step towards her as she stepped back. An arm with pointed digits formed and raised towards her as another formed pointed downwards. She didn't know why, but she felt as if the amalgamation of weird, red ink was smiling at her.

Then, with remarkable speed, the pointed digits began expanding towards her. They got closer and closer until she finally realised she should probably move. She heard a chuckle as she fumbled around a bit before fleeing away from the sharp red ink tentacles. They criss-crossed and twirled around each other effortlessly as they chased after her.

Tears streaked across the sides of her head due to her running. She barely noticed that one of the bookshelves was covered in a blue flame as she ran before coming to a complete halt, the tiles at her hooves were severely cracked and some were missing completely. The bookshelves that continued to surround her now stood bare and rotted. Even the ceiling seemed to cave inwards slightly. None of these were what stopped her though, rather she was stopped by the tendrils of red that had wrapped around her hocks, digging into them as they pulled her back slowly.

More tears ran down her face as she struggled to move herself forward with her two remaining limbs. Her hope faded though as the ground in front of her begun to crack more violently, falling down to leave an empty expanse where she'd been dragged from. Empty bookshelves crashed around her as they fell down one by one. She screamed as one of the tendrils twisted violently and snapped her left-hind leg in half.

Her screams almost drowned out the laughter that came from behind her, almost. Slowly, cautiously, fearfully, anxiously she turned her head to look behind her, only to be greeted with more darkness where the tendrils originated. Just black, and silence. Her breathing began to slow down as she looked, her head locked in place, not daring to blink.

Her thoughts slowly began to pick up again, analysing the situation as best it could at a snails pace. The tendrils stayed roped around her hooves as far as she could tell, but she was too afraid to find out. She heard laughter again and her breathing picked up.

"~One, Two, the Nightmare's coming for you~"

A red skull suddenly invaded her vision, becoming more defined as it moved towards her. Its mouth slowly opening wide enough to eat an Ursa Minor. It's 'skin' clearly made of the same words written over and over. Scars became evident as the teeth became sharper, the eyes more clear and the smile more terrifying. Closer and closer it came, she scrambled blindly behind her for something, anything! But she could not tear her gaze away from what was in front of her.

Within seconds it was but a few feet away and she closed her eyes, hoping that she would not have to see her own demise. But nothing came. Seconds passed, then minutes, then hours. She could hear the steady beeping of a heart rate monitor and she clutched her hooves closer to her body. It was then she heard a door open and saw light flood the room along with the sound of rushing hooves. She was shivering, slowly opening one eye to see nothing but white. Her vision trailed upwards to look upon the face of her mentor, a very concerned expression on her muzzle.

'It was just a dream.' she thought, a sigh escaping her lips as she tried to sit up in the bed. Only to scream as loud as she could when she'd moved her hind legs, tears moving down her face as she looked to the blood-soaked hospital bed. She saw the outline of one of her legs but when she looked for the other she could not find it under the blanket, instead seeing it poking out the side with that one word written all over it in her own blood.


I stretched as my body rematerialized in the fire, my joints cracking as I stretched them far further than I should have. "That was a good nap. I chuckled slightly, my head sorting out the new information I had gotten from the purple mare, and man was there a lot of it! I slowly moved over to one of my workbenches, absently picking an empty glove before beginning work on it.

I was about half way through making the third blade for it when I felt a slight tug. I grinned widely as the tug didn't seem to have any proper origin. "Finally, one of my gloves reached their destination. Now I'll just have to wait for whichever idiot who received it to burn the fucking thing, then I'll have a whole new playground to bully kids in."

I laughed loudly, whichever fools had sent their little 'one trip only' tokens here either didn't know where they sent them or were just plain unlucky. I'd figured this out during my time in stone, though the data was collected beforehand. You see, the original Freddy's power was limited to a certain area and any beings who had stepped foot in it, his being Elm Street and mine being the entirety of Equestria. So I thought to myself, 'If I could send out things connected to me and get them dispersed throughout some other area, would I be able to increase my little sphere of death?' Unfortunately, the only way to test this is with a live demonstration.

I hung my new glove up on the roof, remarking at all the missing space that the disposal of my old ones had created. I said aloud a single sentence that encompassed two trains of thought, "I've got a lot of work ahead of me."

Author's Note:

Fun Facts!
1. Before writing this I realised I hadn't seen the 2010 remake! So I went ahead and watched it..... stopping about 14 minutes in just due to how bad it seemed.
2. I ended up getting Photoshop just for this chapter! Will work on a better looking cover image.
3. The little image I made turned out not too well considering it looked so nice beforehand, here's a link to the original if you want to decipher it.
4. I believe there needs to be a 'Freaky Fred in Equestria' story. Someone get on that.
5. If you want to try figuring out the hidden 'one' word that is written all over the second picture, here is the link to the original version of the second picture.
6. I promise not to make any more of these mid-story pictures if you people don't like them.