• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 6,830 Views, 193 Comments

A Nightmare in Equestria - Imperium Bedlam



A LoHAV story about a man thrown into Equestria as his favourite horror movie villain, Freddy Kreuger.

  • ...
28
 193
 6,830

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

"Where do you think you're going little Mary?~."

"Please go away! Please leave me alone! I don't want you here anymore!" I have to get away from her- it. Why was it still chasing me? "Please go away, please leave me be!"

"Aww, don't be like that, why don't you want to play with me Mary?~"

"That is not my name!" I ran faster down the street, buildings passing by in a blur of motion. "I'm Rarity Belle, fashionista extraordinaire and element of generosity!" Some of the buildings were becoming old, cracked, useless. Everything around me was colourless, everything besides it. "You will never get me, monster!" My stride became more assured, I had faced far worse than this.

"Come on Mary, I found someone we can play with~." I could feel its smile and it sent a shiver down my spine.

After all of this constant running my hooves were becoming heavy, my beautiful coat becoming more matted and dirty with every passing moment. Eugh. I knew, however, that all I had to do was wait for my friends. "You cannot tempt me with lies, Discord is a far better trickster than yourself dearie! Besides, you'll regret all of this once my friends arrive!"

"You think they'll be able to help you here, Mary? That's adorable~." I could not believe my ears, she was laughing at me! The gall!

One of the buildings in the distance seemed to explode into white dust about halfway up before slowly collapsing towards another. I had finally had enough of her when I ran into what looked to be some sort of empty square. I got about halfway before I collapsed slightly, perhaps Applejade had a point when she mentioned the importance of casual exercise.

Wait, Applejade? That doesn't seem right...

I looked back towards my pursuer, though her features were hard to see as she was hidden behind a line of shadow. All I managed to see were two bright green eyes and a smile that simply screamed crazy mare.

"Why don't you come over here Mary? Black is in this summer~." She was laughing again and I retaliated with a rather unladylike growl.

"How dare you patronize me! You have been doing nothing but chase me for hours and call me Mary! Which is NOT my name!" I looked around the landscape for anything I could use as a weapon. I also noted that there was a large barrier of darkness that she was standing in, covering that entire part of the city. I took the barest of glances towards my part of the city, wait, were these buildings always ruined?

I turned back to her as she giggled again, then she took a step towards me. I wouldn't have noticed without my keen eye for detail, for she had blended in perfectly with the black behind her.

"Come on Mary, let's play~" Why won't she stop smiling? It's so... unnerving.

I tried to occupy my mind to get over the fear, my thoughts turning towards the city. It seemed familiar but I could not remember it for some reason. Maybe ⊥ʍιгιმʜ⊥ Ƨƅɑʁĸгє will know where this place is? Hold on, who knew where it could be again? It began with a 'T' didn't it? Or maybe an 'L'. No time for that right now ՐԹՐ- RaՐ- Rrrrrrrr. No! This can't be happening! When did she get so close?

She was staring right into my eyes and I wanted to turn away, to run, to ĦÆ¥E ŠΘME FυÑ, but I just stared back into those gΦЯgęΦЦs terrifying green eyes of hers. I hardly noticed the town, or was it a city? Anyway, I'd hardly noticed that it'd disappeared under the wall of darkness that now enveloped her and her.

"You want to play some tag Mary?~"

Well, why not? I love games! No, that doesn't seem right. There was something else....

"Okay!" I replied happily, my smile matching hers as I turned towards one of the black structures that surrounded us. I smiled into it's white window as I saw a filly of the same colour on the other side. It looked like she was reading something but the window was blank, what a silly pony!

I chuckled as I walked towards the window and looked down at the filly, she seemed familiar for some reason... I doubt I know her though because she's on the other side of the window haha! Why does that matter? Oh well.

I saw her repeat the same phrase for some reason, then the window turned a glowing red. "Oooh how pretty!" I placed a hoof onto the window and marvelled as it slowly sunk into it. I was so overjoyed at the discovery that I practically jumped into the window and landed in front of the filly.

She was apparently happy as well, if her scream of delight was any indication. She scrambled to get away and I ran after her because apparently I was it. I didn't run too fast though because I didn't want to fall and hurt myself, which would just be silly. I casually ran through the hallway of the new area and made my way down some stairs.

I almost chuckled as I saw the filly make her way to one of the white windows, I guess she didn't know you couldn't move through those ones. I did smile wider however as I saw a group of ponies on the other side though.

I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected.

Hmm? Where did that noise come from? Well, whatever. My smile faltered a bit as the window started tilting towards her, one of the ponies on the other side must have knocked it over. She jumped back as it shattered and in its place was a passageway to a black expanse. When she tried to flee I just decided to cheat and use my magic.

I levitated her towards me while I descended the stairs, we both met in the middle of al the mirrors and I chuckled before she fell unconscious. "Hey! You can't fall asleep in the middle of the game!" I said, I think, before slamming her onto the ground. I probably broke one of her legs if the loud snap and scream were any indication.

She curled up, sobbing quietly while nursing her injured leg. I giggled slightly, moving my hoof to tap the top of her head lightly. "Tag." She didn't react to it and decided to keep her attention on her injury. I frowned slightly before catching sight of something in one of the remaining windows, another pony!

She was a really pink and fluffy one though. I smiled to her while she slowly backed away, muttering to herself, maybe she wanted to play? I was just about to go over and ask her before the window cracked and shattered.

"Aww, no fair."

Author's Note:

I'm very sorry for the wait and all. I've been hella busy lately so I haven't been able to find the time to write out another chapter.
I guess I'm also a tad sorry that the chapter is very 'bare-bones' but hey, you just gotta learn to take what you can get.
So, yesh, chapters may be few and far between now depending on whenever I can find the time.
And yesh, I will get back to Johnny, perhaps in the second half of the next chapter. Expect tea-parties!
I am wholly convinced that everyone loves a nutjob at this point, if they're done right that is.

"The scales of chaos and harmony are in perpetual motion." - Me
Yeah I just quoted myself, you got a problem with that?
Please don't hurt me...