• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 6,831 Views, 193 Comments

A Nightmare in Equestria - Imperium Bedlam



A LoHAV story about a man thrown into Equestria as his favourite horror movie villain, Freddy Kreuger.

  • ...
28
 193
 6,831

Mornings Requiem

"Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills, the people it kills get up and kill."

- Dawn of the Dead, 1978

"Good morning, morning!" I screamed out my window, a smile on my face and a hop in my step. I could just tell that today would be exciting! I turned back to my room and bounced my way over to the door, humming a random tune I just came up with that sort of went dun dun dundundun dundun dundundunDUN. Yep, today was going to turn out great!

I was making my way down the stairs hen my left hind leg went all wibbly on me and I yelled "Whoa!" as I rolled down the stairs. I ended up propped against the wall with my legs splayed out and one of my ears went floopy and covered one of my eyes. "A wibbly leg and a floopy ear? What's that supposed to mean?"

Then my hair straightened out slightly and my eyes became the size of dinner-plates, not the ones you would put teacups on. I think those're called saucers or something, wait this isn't the time for this! I got up immediately and ran through the bakery, quickly getting my message across to Mr Cake who was walking in the other direction, "SomethingbadhashappenedtomyfriendssoIgottagooutandhelpthem!Whenthetwinsstartcryingjustsingthethemesongorsomethingtocalmthemdownokay?!Wellbye!"

He just stared at me as I swooshed past him and slammed the door to the bakery closed behind me, which caused the twins to cry and Mr Cake to sigh and shake his head before turning to attend to them. "I'll never understand her..."

I galloped through Ponyville towards Twilight's library-castle thingy that was super shiny because it was made out of crystals which always made me worry that Spike might decide to eat it if he gets hungry like that first time he visited the bakery but I wasn't there so I had to ask the Cakes why there were bite marks on one of the walls and they said- What am I doing! I have to hurry!

I made sure to jump into one of the windows and pop out one of the bookcases in the tree castle's.... that doesn't sound nearly as catchy as treebrary, maybe Twilight will come up with something better for it later. Ooh maybe she'll call it a trestle, or a cree, or a castree, or maybe even- Stop it Pinkie! You have to focus!

Where was I? Oh yea! I popped out of one of the bookcases, almost 100 perbit sure that she would be there, I mean, the only time she isn't there is if she's playing with one of her friends like me or off doing some task for Celly-belly, haha that sounds silly, I think I'll ask Celly-belly what she thinks of it next time I get the chance.

Anyway, Twilight was there! Except she was just staring towards one of the walls of the super shiny library, her wings drooping slightly. "Hey Twily, what's wrong?" I crept towards her slowly, shaking off the books that had fallen on my back. 'That's odd,' I thought, 'Usually Twi would growl my name in frustration whenever I messed up her books.'

I didn't get a chance to look around because my attention was focused solely on Twily-cake. Mmm Twily-cake, I wonder what that would taste like? Could probably make it from lavender with a hint of Ursa Major fur. As I moved around Twily though, I noticed she was staring at the wall with her eyes covering most of her face like when me and Dashie accidentally spilled ink on a prank book that one time except it was alright because it was invisible ink.

I waved a hoof in front of her to get her attention. "Twiiiilight? Twi-twi? Sparklebutt? Anypony in there?" I couldn't seem to get it though no matter how close my face got to hers. So I relented and slowly turned to the wall, "What in Equestria has you so startled Twili-" What. Who would do such a thing? Why would anypony do this? This wasn't a joke, this was just mean.

Twilight was staring towards a calendar that had the word 'Run' scratched into it, on every day. My attention slowly moved over the wall and I saw it was everywhere! Every single inch of the walls were covered in the same word over and over. Then my gaze went across the bookshelves. "Oh Twilight..." I said sombrely, they were covered as well, and not just them, every book had it scratched all over the covers. I just had to get her out of there.

I clamped my mouth around her tail and slowly dragged her out the front door. I left her just outside when I remembered something. "Spike!" I sprinted back in and went upstairs to find him still sleeping in his basket soundly. I Daww'd for a moment when I saw him start sucking his thumb before shaking my head and placing him on my back gently before running back outside to Twilight and slamming the door closed.

This woke up Spike though and he jumped slightly before yawning and looking around. "Where am I- Pinkie, why am I outside?" I had no idea what to say to him, well I did have a few hundred-thousand but I just couldn't pick one, so I just held his head in one hoof and turned him to face Twily. "T-Twilight?"

He gasped and jumped off my back before running over to her and hugging one of her legs. I sighed gently before my mane straightened out again and I gasped loudly. "Spike!Igottagoseewhat'swrongwithApplejacksocanyoutakeTwilightovertoSugarcubeCornerandtellthecakesthatoperation'frownyface'isineffect?Yes?Okaybye!" I ran off towards Sweet Apple Acres while Spike slowly processed what I'd said, no idea why he needed to though because I was speaking perfect Equestrian.

I moved across the path to Applejacks place at speeds that would make Dashie jealous. When the gates came into view I saw Big Mac running in the opposite direction so I made sure to tackle her gently and pin her to the ground. "IstheresomethingwrongwithAJ? IfsopleasetellmequicklybecauseI'minahurry." My mane straightened slightly again and I gasped, what is going on?!

Big Mac just shook his head slightly before looking up at me, his big ole eyes just filled with worry as he told me exactly what I'd needed. "AJ is hurt pretty bad, you help her out, I'm getting a doctor." I just gasped again. I'd never heard him say that much before! And he said that Applejack was hurt!

I jumped off Big Mac and ran once more towards Sweet Apple Acres. I swooshed past the front gates and jumped through one of the windows up top, directly into AJ's room, and I began to cry as I saw her. She was crying as well, though Applebloom was trying her best to comfort her, her legs were bent, twisted and cut in more ways then there are pies. And there are a lot of pies.

She looked towards me as I landed, which only caused her to cry more as the sight of her hind legs came into view. I walked up to her and pet her mane gently while she started crying into my coat. This was the first time I'd seen her cry in, like, ever! I looked over to see Applebloom crying as well and I whispered to her once I'd heard AJ snoring softly. "After the doctors treat her I want you to try and get her to Sugarcube Corner okay? Tell Mister and Missus Cake code 'popsicle stick'."

She nodded at me slightly before AJ gasped and woke up, sweat going down her already matted coat. "Please don't let me fall asleep, not again." I frowned more before looking over to Applebloom and nodding.

"Don't you worry Jacky, Bloom will take good care of you while I go and check on Fluttershy okay?" She looked up at me, a hint of fear briefly covering her features, before nodding slightly with a concerned look.

"Make sure Shy is okay y'hear? I don't even want ta think about what's happened to her. Don't let her sleep, just as tha' Princess said, don't fall asleep." I looked at her seriously and nodded, giving her a salute before jumping out the window and heading back across Ponyville to Fluttershys cottage.

I was breathing heavily as I ran through the marketplace, some of the stall owners staring at me as they prepared their various knick-knacks and watchamagoos for the day. I paid them no mind though, because someone was doing very mean things to my friends and I couldn't just sit and watch.

I'd just passed the bridge when my mane straightened again. "Oh no! Not Dashie too!" I ran faster and went to knock the front door in as it opened unexpectedly, a very sad looking bear walking out with its head held low and tears in its eyes. I just stared at him for a moment before rushing inside, 'What could have happened?!'

I looked everywhere for Shy downstairs but I had no luck, I couldn't find anything. So I decided to search upstairs when I saw all of her animals, except for Angel and the bear, crowded around her bedroom door and taking up all the space in the corridor. They looked at me with sad eyes before letting me pass.

I slowly moved towards the bundle of fur crying in a corner, eyes going wide again as I saw a small trail of blood. "Shy, are you okay?" I said calmly, moving up behind her and poking her shoulder, she was cradling something but I had no idea what.

She flung a hoof towards me and growled at me, "STAY AWAY FROM HIM!" I shrank back slightly as Fluttershy glared at me, one of her eyes closed and bleeding. Her expression quickly fell as she looked to me though and she went back to crying. "I-I'm s-s-s-so sorry Pinkie, I just- I can't let them get n-n-near him." I slowly stood back up and moved towards her.

"Can't let who get near who Shy? What's wrong?" I briefly glanced back to the doorway to see the animals had backed away more, all looking at me with wide eyes. I looked over her shoulder to see exactly what was wrong, but I really shouldn't have. I started crying loudly as I saw him, Angel, battered, bruised and beaten. But most importantly, not breathing. "Wh-who would do this?" I managed to stutter.

"THEY DID!" Fluttershy pointed a hoof towards her animals who all backed up more, lowering themselves down to the ground. One of the weasels began to take a step forward, only to stop as Fluttershy yelped and moved closer to the wall. "STAY BACK! PLEASE GO AWAYhahay!...." So many ponies were crying today, why would this happen? I moved over to the door and shook my head at the animals slightly, they seemed to understand the gesture and nod before moving downstairs and outside, most of them taking occasional glances back inside the room.

I hugged Fluttershy softly and she cried against me, I could barely keep back my own tears. 'Why would anypony do this? This is just too cruel...' I let one tear fall before getting a determined look on my face, I was going to get to the bottom of this! And right now the best way to do that would be to get everyone to Sugarcube Corner. "We have to go Fluttershy." I gently whispered, urgency creeping into my voice.

She shook her head and cuddled Angel tighter, "I can't leave him like this Pinkie, not like this." I looked to the former bunny once more and winced slightly. I almost lost my midnight snack because of how icky he looked. I ended up just pretending that it was jam covering him and strawberry ice-cream coming out his ear as I hastily returned my attention to Fluttershy.

"Okay Flutters, how about we bury him now and then when everyone is okay again we can give him a proper... funeral." I really hated that word, it meant the end of everything for something. No more parties, no more balloons, no more cake, and worst of all, no more friends. "We'll get everyone to come around so that Angel can rest peacefully okay? We'll get Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Big Mac, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle," I'd begun crying more at this point, slight whimpers involuntarily coming from my mouth, "Derpy, Ditzy, Time Turner, Berry Punch, Zecora, Mayor Mare, The Flower Triplets, Mister and Misses Cake, I bet we could even get the Princesses to come by if we ask nicely enough and I'll even bring Gummy around! I'll make sure that everypony gets there... they have to..."

I hugged Fluttershy tighter as I wailed into her shoulder for a few minutes and she cried as well. Afterwards I wiped my eyes and looked towards her, she was smiling for the first time today, even if it was barely noticeable. I had a hard time focusing my attention on her good eye. "Thankyou Pinkie, it *sniff* it's nice to know that An.... that Angel had someone other than me to look after him."


It took around half an hour for us to find a good spot to bury Angel and a few more minutes for us to stop crying. Eventually though we made our way back down the path, my bounce with a bit less height to it and Fluttershy sporting a bandage over one eye. Naturally, many ponies looked at us a bit shocked and confused but we just kept going until we got to Sugarcube Corner.

When I opened the front door though my demeanour changed completely as I saw Dashy, completely unharmed and sipping at a milkshake on the other end of the table from Twilight. I smiled wide and sped over to her, wrapping my hooves around her barrel. "You're okay Dashie! I was so worried when my mane went all flat but I guess I didn't have to worry after all!"

Dash just looked down at me shocked for a few minutes before chuckling and petting my head slightly before trying to push me away. "Okay Pinkie, I get it, you can let go now." I held onto her for a few more moments before letting go. "What's got you so riled up anyhow? Princess Twilight seems fine to me." I tilted my head slightly when she seemed to spit the word Princess, just enough so that she could see Fluttershy behind me and gape slightly before flying over and asking her a ton of questions.

I chuckled slightly as Fluttershy smiled, happy that her friends had cared for her, before moving my attention back to Twilight who was just sitting against a window with her mouth open and an untouched cupcake in front of her. Spike was sitting next to her, eating his own cupcake and sighing as he looked over to me. "I don't know how to snap her out of it Pinkie."

I put on my serious face and hopped onto the table in front of Twilight, looking directly into her eyes and reaching behind me to pull out the one thing I knew could snap her out of it. I grabbed a book and held it in front of her face, slowly pulling down on either end of the book, causing it to bend dangerously. Twilights eyes grew wider for a second before she snatched it out of my hooves with her magic. "Pinkie! What do you think you are doing?!"

She was glaring at me slightly but I just laughed it off. "Don't worry about it Twilight, the book is blank and I was just using it to get you out of some weird hippie trance thing you were in." Was hippie the right word? I could've sworn there was an 'n' in there somewhere... Not that I would swear of course! Granny Pie always said that someone who'd say a curse would end up with half a hoof in the basket... whatever that means.

She looked at me for a while and I could almost see a bunch of doodads and spinnybits clanking around in her head before she started panicking a bit and shrinking in her seat. I sighed a bit before hugging her "There there, you're aright now Twily." After a few mkoments of calming down Twilight smiled up at me before looking over her friends.

"Thanks Pinkie, though I feel as if we're missing a few ponies." As if the writer planned for it, Applebloom chose that moment to push in a distraught but stern Applejack on a wheelchair, her legs covered in a blanket. Everypony besides myself just stared at her as she was slowly wheeled inside and moved beside the table.

"Howdy girls, ah reckon we got a might problem on our hooves." Dash was just about to ask her the most obvious question before Applejack raised a hoof to her. "Later Dash, we got a much larger problem ta sort out." Dash nodded slowly before turning her attention back to Fluttershy who was staring wide-eyed, well as wide as one eye can be, at AJ.

"S-s-s-so what I saw then w-w-w..." She trailed off into mumbles while AJ sighed and wheeled herself over to Fluttershy, placing a hoof on her head.

"Dun worry 'bout it Shy, there weren't nuthin you coulda done at the time. 'sides, Applebloom managed to wake me up before things got too bad. Doc says my legs should be right back to normal in a few months with enough care." I could see it in Applejacks eyes, they were going to get better but I doubted she would ever buck again.

"So you two saw each other in the same dream?" Twilight asked, to which both of them nodded, Rainbow placed a hoof on her chin for a few moments before mumbling.

"Wait a second, so that scream when I flew over Sweet Apple Acres in my dream last night was...?" Applejack sighed again before nodding slightly.

Twilight paled a bit before rushing over to hug her friends one by one, Dash struggling to get out of it while I just giggled and hugged back. "I'm so glad you're all okay!" All of us had done enough crying for the day, but at this Fluttershy began sobbing quietly.

I frowned and walked over to Twilight, whispering in her ear. "Angel is gone Twi." She looked at me shocked while I nodded grimly, Dash moving over to comfort Fluttershy as much as she could until all of us heard a scream, both my mane and tail immediately flattening.

My eyes went wide and I jumped in the air "We forgot Rarity!"


We'd run as fast as we could. Well, Rainbow Dash pushed Applejack while Applebloom struggled behind us. Luckily though, the boutique wasn't too far away, it'd only taken about five minutes of running before Twilight knocked on the door roughly. "Rarity! Are you alright?! Open up!"

After a few anxious moments Twilight used her magic to start picking the lock, that was, until we heard another scream and the sound of running hooves. Applejack seemed to become both eager and depressed at the same time while Twilight resolved to use her magic to rip the door right out of the frame.

We all stood still as we saw Sweetie Belle running towards us with a scared look on her face. Her mood seemed to brighten as she saw us and she ran faster. I heard Fluttershy squeal as we saw a dark red pony traipse down the staircase, her, well I think it was a her, entire body was cut and covered in shards of something while the only eye she had a shard of its own, pinning it to the back of 'her' skull.

None of us could analyse it fast enough and we felt we didn't need to as Sweetie was only a few steps from the door. I turned my attention back to 'her', grimacing as she seemed to smile widely and stop moving altogether. Just as Sweetie was about to glomp Twilight she hit something. None of us had any idea what it was but we could only compare it to an invisible wall.

She panicked and started banging her hooves on it while Dash flew in to help her. She only managed to tap the wall when Sweetie started tilting backwards along with the rest of the inside of the boutique. She screamed and cried as the wall hit the ground and shattered. Dash slowly flew to the ground, nudging a piece of mirror with her hoof slightly.

"What..." None of us knew what to say, as soon as we saw what the boutique really looked like though, we figured it out. I think Dash said something like "What the buck..." while Twilight just settled with using "What..." Fluttershy just squealed a bit and AJ pet her comfortingly while I scanned everything

The entire place was a wreck, nothing where it should be and everything torn or thrown around the room. What frightened me a little was that all the mirrors in the boutique had 'Bloody Mary' written on them three times with what I was hoping was red paint. I slowly walked towards one of them, my gaze trained on it while everyone else managed to wake out of their stupor.

I just felt... drawn to it, and as I got closer, I really wished I hadn't. I saw 'her' in the mirror, smiling back at me from where I was standing, at her feet lay a bleeding Sweetie Belle. I slowly moved away as she stepped onto Sweetie's head. I began muttering as I slunk into a corner. "Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall. Learn to face your fears. You''ll see that they can't hurt you, just laugh and make them disappear. Ha ha ha hahahaha...." I just kept giggling to myself, sobs breaking through occasionally while I stared at the mirror.

Author's Note:

I love how none of you feel the need to point out faults in this story. Such as how the library was a tree in one chapter and then the crystal castle in the next. For shame. And don't worry, Rari- Mary has a reason for her actions.

..I just realised how much of a hypocrite Johnny is xD.

3,865 words?! I feel accomplished even though I probably shouldn't!

Edit: Featured! Omgadionfewjnfalijreaknfrijafwafenafoherauifn!
Edit2: 10 minutes later and it's no longer featured.... well that sucks.