• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 3,163 Views, 84 Comments

Applejack's Vampire Sibling - firebirdabirdoffire



A young FlutterBat is part of the Apple family.

  • ...
10
 84
 3,163

Chapter 1 - Sharp Landing

She heard voices. They were waking her up. She hoped it wasn't that scary mare with the scary needle in that scary room with the delicious fruit. She felt a lot of pain all over her body. She hadn't felt this much pain since... since... She couldn't recall anything, really. Aside from the fruit hunt earlier, everything was blank. She went with what her instincts told her to do.

"She's wakin' up." She heard, not that she could understand it. She was a little late to notice the smell in the room, it smelled like the apple she ate earlier. And that's not a bad thing.

"Let's hope she's manageable, darlin'." She heard.

"That sounds insulting, honey."

"Sorry, Flutter. Bat. FlutterBat." Something about that seemed really familiar to her.

"That could work." FlutterBat opened her eyes. She was with the ponies she saw first back in the hospital, this made her happy. She raised her neck and hissed in pain. "Take it easy there." FlutterBat didn't understand them but she stopped moving anyway. "If ya keep doing that you'll keep hurting yerself." The light red pony said. FlutterBat looked around.

"Um... Howdy there, I'm Fuji Apple. This is mah wife Red Gala. And that’s mah mother-in-law Granny Smith. We brought you to the hospital. We're glad ya survived; it's a miracle you survived that. And we're sorry for what you've become."

The young bright green mare said. "Can you really not talk or remember anything?" FlutterBat kept looking around, seemingly ignoring them. Her nose spotting a fruit basket full of apples in the back of the room next to the old green pony. She tried to reach it but it hurt her.

"Ah think the youngin' wants an apple. Ah'll get it." Granny Smith reached for the apple. "Catch!" She threw to Fuji, he juggled the apple clumsily. Before he could properly catch it (how would an earth pony catch something like an apple anyway?), something else caught it. The filly's tongue was close enough the pull it towards her. She quickly pulled it towards her and sucked it's juices. The Apples looked the mush that was an apple fell to the floor. Flutter spat out the seeds. Gala and Fuji got their hooves out of the way, even if the seeds came nowhere close.

"Sheeshus." Fuji said out of reflex.

Gala took a look at the seeds. "Hmm... Mother? Darlin'? We might can use these seeds."

"Ah remember reading somewhere that seeds eaten by them vampire fruit bats are very fertile. Ah might be misremembering." Fuji said. "This might not be all bad... Ah say this, about using this fillies misfortune for our benefit, and it sounds wrong..."

"Ah don't think it can be helped, Darlin'." Gala said flatly. She looked the clock. "Mah stars, that time already? It's time to pick up Li'l Mac."

"Alright honey. Where she's gonna sleep tonight, granny?" Fuji asked Mother-in-law Smith.

"Applejack's room's empty." Granny said quickly, she didn't even to think about it.

"AJ's room it is." Fuji clearly did. He facehooved himself. "Ah forgot she left. Well, time to bring you to a comfortable bat- Ah mean bed, Flutters. You're gonna meet your brother soon." Fuji lifted FlutterBat up and went upstairs. FlutterBat hissed at the pain. "Once we're there you won't be in a world of hurt."


A little later, outside the school Big Mac attends...

"Howdy Li'l Mac, how was school today?" Gala hugged her son.

"'Twas a normal school day... How's Flutter?" Macintosh was curious how the filly from the clouds was doing. Gala broke the hug as she made an uneasy face. "Something wrong, momma?"

"Ah'll tell ya on the way there. C'mon, let's go home."

"Is she okay?"

"Um... How do Ah put this, she's broken a lot of bones... But she will recover from it eventually. She'll be living with us from now on."

"Why?"

"The broken bones obviously, amnesia and she became a fruit vampire." Gala told her son what we already knew as blunt as possible.

"A what?" Macintosh was surprised that of things happened. But it kinda makes sense, she was accidentally bitten by a bat.

"A fruit vampire." Gala put some emphases on "fruit".

"That's awful..." Needless to say Li'l Macintosh felt even more sorry for the filly. And little scared; living with a vampire doesn't sound too nice.

"Eeyup."

"What does amnesia mean?" He asked before asking how they'll handle the vampire.

"Memory loss."

"Poor gal. Do we have any silver bullets left?"

"We're not gunna to kill her! I said earlier she'll living with us remember? And that's the weakness of horswolves." She explained calmly. Mac sometimes said he wanted to be a vampire hunter, so how he mixed up vampire and werewolf weaknesses... Oops...

"But she'll eat all apples from the trees!" Li'l Macintosh got paranoid. "Like that time Granny once talked about! We'll we be-"

Gala cut him off. "We'll make sure she just gets enough every day." There was a small moment of silence. "Can Ah ask ya somethin'?"

"Has it to do with Flutter?"

"Eeyup. Ah'm asking you to play with her. Or at least talk to her if possible. If she for whatever reason bites you we some sorta antidote. Not like she can do much to you anyway. She's hurting all over."

"Ah'll try..." Macintosh's body was shaking a little.


FlutterBat was lying on the bed. Fuji gave FlutterBat some toys on the bat bed. A toy chariot, Applejack's stress ball, a bootleg nightmare night mascot doll complete with a shoddily made zero gravity mane and tail, an apple person/pony made out of yarn and a rubik's cube. The door was closed but not locked.

The sun shined through the window, FlutterBat slowly, and so painlessly as possible, backed off from the ray of sun light. The sunlight didn't hurt her, it was just really sharp on the eyes.

Flutter poked the doll. The mane and tail were alluring, so naturally it caught Flutter's attention. She picked it up and started to played with its hair. She heard the door opening and some mumbling downstairs thanks due to her enhanced ears. "We're home. C'mon Li'l Mac, let's introduc..."

FlutterBat stopped payed attention. She was too engrossed in the story she didn't know she was making. How the evil party cube kidnapped the kind and generous twilight bringer, the brave apple and his loyal suck-up stress ball try to safe her. Her accidental story was interrupted by a slightly creaking door. It revealed Red Gala and a red colt that she first saw when she woke up.

It was quiet; FlutterBat stared at the two. Li'l Macintosh tried to avoid eye contact. Or regular contact even. Not out of maliciousness or any other mean spirited in anyway. He didn't want to think about the pain she is in. He failed, it didn't hurt that much.

"Hey Flutter, this is Big Macintosh. We usually call him Li'l Mac." Gala patted her son's back.

"Can Ah play with you?" Li'l Mac asked a little shakily. FlutterBat tilted her head. Li'l Mac edged closer. To his surprise, FlutterBat didn't intimidate him or directly or indirectly hurt him. She just stared at him really. Li'l Mac climbed on the bed. "What'ya playing?" Li'l Mac said looking at toys in front of Flutter. She didn't reply; she just kept staring. This was both awkward for Li'l Mac and Gala. "So... Ya like fruit?" Li'l Mac picked up the yarn apple as he asked her, he squished the apple.

FlutterBat looked at the apple repeatedly getting squished. She reached her arm that hurt the least out for the apple, Li'l Mac let her have it. Flutter started squishing it too, she started experimenting with it. Squishing it against her belly, the tip of her nose, her ear, her leg and finally her cheek. Its softness felt really nice, besides the fruit she ate and this comfortable bed, this was the best thing she experienced. She smiled.

"Hm... Ah hope still means she likes stuffed animals."

"She can't have any of mah collection!" Li'l Mac was quick to say. "Her fangs might damage ‘em."

Gala chuckled. "We'll ask for new one. What would she like?"

Li'l Mac got an idea. "How about a-"


"-a bat pony made out of fruit?" Fuji asked.

"Ah said pegabat." Li'l Mac mumbled.

"The correct term is a thestral, didn't ya learn anythin' in school?" Educated Granny Smith.

Gala got a spontaneous idea. "Genius!"

"Wha?" The family were confused.

"We'll call Flutter a thestral. It should prevent some alienation growing up. Callin' her a fruit vampire Pegasus on paper or out loud for that matter might scare someponies off." Gala explained.

"Ah dunno, " Fuji frowned. "lookin' like she does now might scare ponies already off."

"That's why Ah said might prevent some alienation', Darlin'." Gala, Fuji and Granny all knew this was ultimately going to happen. "Let's get back to the toy for Flutter. Do ya think you can make it?"

"I could." Fuji said. "Do we have enough wool of all colors of the rainbow to knit it the size of Flutter?" Fuji asked Granny.

"Look for yerself." Granny pulled a wooden crate full of yarn from a closet pushed the crate with her leg towards Fuji. "The knitting needles should be buried in there somewhere."

"Thanks." Fuji looked at all the unused cyan blue. It was the dominate species of the crate, because it was usually never used. "Hm... Looks like Ah have to make its body blue. The mane, tail and wings will have to be fruit themed... I will have it done in 5-6 hours without applebuckin'."


One day ago, in Manehatten...

"Ah'm going home!" Said an orange filly.

Author's Note:

I might have unintentionally lied when I said it should more cheery in the Author's Notes in the previous chapter. It should happen sometime though.

Anyways, I've been laughing mad when I wasn't tired of laughing mad. And I was really tired of it. It's ridicules how many favs and likes this story has gotten. I would thank you, but that would imply I'm thankful, so... Thank you. Please enjoy the rest of the story.

Note to myself: I need to differentiate Gala's and Fuji's personality more. Fuji is supposed more kind than Gala, not that Gala's not supposed to be. Fuji is also just as feminine as Gala if not a little more, but that isn't saying that much. Explaining stuff like this give me low grades, right?

Applejack should return to Ponyville next chapter.
Want another Flutterbat fic from me? I direct you towards this: Discord's Sweet Friend, Discord's Feral Pet

This chapter has been edited by Autum Breeze