• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 3,024 Views, 35 Comments

The Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



When an envoy of a fallen kingdom appears, a quest to restore the kingdom will begin, whart will make Twilight and her friends enter in a race against time to retrieve the star seeds of the six Generals of the Order to find what might raise it.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,024

The Light Kingdom's Last Stand, Part I - Searching the Jewel of Life

Author's Note:

Here is the first part of the special chapter. I'll try to post the second part very soon. Enjoy the reading.

After her conversation with Heartbeat and finding out she was Princess Aurora’s reincarnation and her star seed was the original star seed, one of the essential elements for the recovery of the Light Kingdom, and after discovering the Jewel of Life’s location, Twilight and Heartbeat returned to the edge of the others.

"Twilight!" Blue called, going to her, along with the others. "So, are you all right?"

"Yes" Twilight replied. "Heartbeat clarified many doubts."

"Wow, what a great novelty" Rainbow Dash joked.

"And I've got good news and bad news" Twilight said.

"What's the good news?" Rarity asked.

"We found where the Jewel of Life is" Twilight said. "It is at the center of the large circle of the Great Hall of the Light Kingdom castle."

"But that’s amazing" Fluttershy said. "Ah, isn't it?"

"Yes, but..." Twilight started.

"Ah see this has tah do with tha bad news" Applejack noted.

Twilight waved and then said:

"The Jewel of Life can only be revealed by the six Generals of Order. And when I say the six, I do mean the six. They must be freed."

"Nice, there's always a but that makes us to do any near-impossible task" Pinkie Pie said, pouting. "In this case, we have to have all the star seeds so we can release the other Generals of Order and then get the Jewel of Life and so un-petrify the Light Kingdom."

"Wow, you said all that without deluding yourself" Heartbeat commented.

"Oh, I knew something was going to happen" Pinkie Pie said. "Earlier, I had a combo that told me that a but would make us to do any near-impossible task to do another task for then completing the main task at hand."

"Wait, you have a combo for that?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie Pie was going to answer, when Twilight asked:

“Don't answer that. Well, I think it’s better we go to the Light Kingdom."

"Yes, before we go, don’t you think we should take precautions?" Heartbeat asked.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"Well, given that it is possible that we will face the great battle for the future of the Light Kingdom, I think we better get our best weapons" Heartbeat advised. "In your case, I think it is the Elements of Harmony."

"I think you're right, Heartbeat" Twilight agreed. "I think it is better we get all the help we can get and the Elements of Harmony are our best defense. What do you think, girls?"

The other bearers of the Elements of Harmony waved their head, agreeing with that idea.

"And you can also count with my help" Blue said, advancing to Twilight and holding her hoof. "I know I won’t give you a help as good as the Elements of Harmony, but will endeavour to help you as best I can."

"Thank you, Blue" Twilight thanked, tenderly.

"It is a pity that Golden Paladin’s chess has weakened me a lot" Shining said. "So I could go and help you."

"Don't worry, Shining" Twilight said. "The best thing you can do now is rest and regain your strength."

"And I will make sure that happens" Cadance replied, placing herself next to her husband. "I will be always by your side until you get through."

Shining returned his wife’s smile.

"Okay, now we have to go back to Golden Oak Library to fetch the Elements of Harmony" Twilight said.

"And I can help you with that" Heartbeat said.

She carried her horn with magic and then brought to them a mirror and turned its mirrored surface into a portal.

"Voila, a portal directly to there" Heartbeat said. "Now you can get what you want, Twilight."

"Well, thanks, Heartbeat" Twilight thanked.

She then passed through the gate and drove it, and then she was in her library. When he saw her, Spike startled. It seemed that he was watching the mirror before her passing.

"Twilight?" he asked, getting up off the floor. "But what are you doing here? How did you get through the mirror? Shouldn't you be getting the star seeds?"

"Spike, take it easy" Twilight said.

"Sorry, Twilight, but I didn't expect to see you here" Spike said.

"That's because I just came to get the Elements of Harmony" Twilight said, going to the place where each Elements of Harmony were and taking them out of there. "We may need them."

"But where are you going?" Spike asked.

"To the Light Kingdom" Twilight replied, putting her crown. "It's a long story. But we have no time to lose."

She prepared to pass again through the mirror with the Elements of Harmony when she noticed Spike’s forlornly air. So far, he has not helped in absolutely nothing and she could see the eagerness that her dragon friend had to help.

"Hey, Spike, you want to join us?" she asked.

"Seriously?" he asked, getting over excited. "Can I go?"

"Of course" Twilight replied, while Spike climbed to her back. "After all, we can come to grips with Fire Punch and the dark ponies, or even the Lord of Chaos."

"What?" he asked, confused.

"It's another long story" Twilight said, laughing. "I’ll tell it by the way."

And then they went through the gate in the mirror.

Having all what they needed, Twilight and her friends, along with Blue and Heartbeat, departed to the Light Kingdom. Thanks to the General of Affection, they arrived at the southern border of Equestria very quickly. It wasn't long before they reach the beginning of the dense forest between Equestria and the Light Kingdom.

"Good, just what we needed" Blue said. "I forgot about this forest."

"Is it that bad?" Applejack asked.

"When I walked in there to seek the Light Kingdom, it took me several days to guide me through it" Blue replied. "Most of the time I was gone it was due to this. Not to mention that I was full of scratches and with my mane disheveled."

"Oh, my Celestia!" Rarity exclaimed. "If it's to keep the mane in that way, so I won't get in that forest."

"You don't have to worry about it, Rarity" Blue said. “Heartbeat managed to fend off the vegetation, when we had to go back."

"Yes, but I don't think that's going to work this time" Heartbeat answered. "We are too many. But I think I have a solution."

With her magic, she invoked the chest containing the star seeds that they had so far and she opened it. From there, she take the green star seed and then activated its power. It released a light and the forest opened them a way.

"Wow!" everypony exclaimed.

Heartbeat returned the green star seed to the chest and then said:

"Let’s continue."

They advanced along the way created by the green star seed and were quick to pass the forest and reach the Light Kingdom. Twilight’s friends gasped when they saw the petrified animals and plants, but were even gasper when they arrived to the Light Kingdom.

"Oh, my goodness, this is so horrible!" Fluttershy exclaimed, observing the petrified ponies. "Poor light ponies, all turned into stone. Not to mention the plants and the animals."

"And it's also a little sinister" Rainbow Dash commented, passing a hoof in front of the eyes of a petrified pony. "We don’t know if they are watching us or not."

"You don't have to worry about that, Rainbow" Heartbeat said. "They're sleeping a long sleep. As soon as they recover their star seeds, it will be like if they wake up after a thousand years."

"I know we're in the middle of a somewhat complicated situation, but I have to say" Rarity said. "Except the fact that now everything and everypony are turned into stone, this place was really fabulous. I've never seen an architecture like this."

"Ah have tah admit that Rarity is right" Applejack said. "Neither the Crystal Empire compares to this."

"Thanks for the compliment, girls, but I think it's better we do what we came from" Heartbeat said.

"Heartbeat is right" Blue said. "We can enjoy the view after saving the Light Kingdom."

They then advanced and reached the castle, what dropped a lot of gasps, even from Applejack and Rainbow.

Using a density shifting spell at the gates, Heartbeat allowed the others to enter. Upon entering in the foyer, everypony started to observe the division.

"Wow!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "This is really amazing."

"That's just an understatement, Rainbow Dash!" Rarity exclaimed. "This... This is… Well, there are no words!"

"Hey, check this out" Pinkie said. "It’s reeeeally pretty."

All approached the Princess Aurora and the Generals of Order’s figure in relief.

"This figure is older than this castle" Heartbeat said. "It was done when my siblings and I came into this world to help Princess Aurora to build this kingdom."

"It's wonderful!" Rarity exclaimed. "I mean, look at the details and the softness to the touch. Only the best artists could do something like this."

"Yes, it's really impressive" Spike agreed. "Except that."

He pointed to Princess Aurora’s broken face.

"It was Sombra who did it" Twilight said.

"And how do you know that?" Blue asked.

"Well ... it's most likely” Twilight answered Twilight clumsily. "I mean, after all, he entered in the Light Kingdom after it has been petrified. He must have been so furious that he blew Princess Aurora’s figure’s face."

Blue was thinking in Twilight’s answered and she sincerely hoped that he had believed in it.

"Yes, that makes sense" he agreed.

"Hey, what if we went to the Great Hall now?" Heartbeat asked.

Everypony agreed and they followed her to the Great Hall. Upon entering there, they found the other Generals of Order petrified.

"So these are the other Generals" Rainbow Dash said. "They're not very impressive petrified in stone."

But seeing Heartbeat doing her a gruff look, she hastened to say:

"Not that they're not impressive in the flesh."

Pinkie Pie then put himself ahead of Purple Smoke and started making him grimaces.

"Pinkie Pie, please behave yourself!" Rarity exclaimed. "Making grimaces to one of the Generals of Order... Frankly."

"Don't worry, Rarity" Heartbeat said. "After me, Purple Smoke is the one who has the best sense of humor among the Generals of Order. He would probably laugh with what Pinkie Pie is doing."

"Well, it's best we pass tah more serious matters" Applejack said. "Ya say that the Jewel of Life is in tha center, right? So, how do we get it?"

"We need all the Generals of Order for that, but I think I can try to free it by myself" Heartbeat replied.

"Yes, do that" Fluttershy said. "It may be that we can take it to a safe place, where the Lord of Chaos can't get it."

Heartbeat advanced to where was her place in the circle and concentrated magic on her horn, starting trying to concentrate herself. Everypony were observing her carefully, but Twilight didn't have much patience for that, besides her curiosity about the castle made her heading to the exit secretly and getting out. Blue, however, saw her leaving and wondering where Twilight was going, decided to follow her.

Twilight advanced down the hallway and then arrived at the entrance of the throne room, going in there. Her eyes were placed on the throne in the back of the room. She approached it and climbed the stairs of the platforms, reaching the edge of the throne and passing her hoof by one of its arms. Until cost believing that, in another life, she used to sit on that throne and rule an entire Kingdom. It was an idea really dreamlike.

"What are you doing here?" Blue’s voice asked.

Twilight startled when she heard her husband's voice and turned, seeing Blue coming and going up the stairs.

"Well, I… I was curious to see the throne room. When I thought that Princess Aurora used to sit here... "

But then she stumbled upon Blue right in front of her, looking at her carefully with his blue eyes, something that made her stop talking. Then, he said:

"Twilight, I know you very well and I can tell when something is wrong with you. You know you can trust me."

Twilight didn't know whether or not to tell Blue what Heartbeat had told her, not only because of the danger it would pursue him if she did, but also due to the complexity of the subject. But the truth is that she couldn't lie to Blue, so she turned and said:

"Heartbeat did more than show me where the Jewel of Life was. She showed me the fall of the Light Kingdom. I mean, I saw the moment when Princess Aurora used the Jewel of Life to petrify the whole kingdom and that was how Heartbeat and I found out where the jewel was and that was Sombra who broke Princess Aurora’s figure’s face.

"Wow, that must have been hard, seeing the entire Light Kingdom turning into stone" Blue commented.

"But that's not what bothers me" Twilight said. "Blue, I discovered much more than the Jewel of Life’s location. I also found where is the original star seed.

That assertion surprised Blue. He then said:

"Well, I wasn't expecting that."

"If you are very surprised by this, then you'll be more surprised when you know where it is and why" Twilight replied.

Seeing his wife’s concern air, Blue took her hoof and told her:

"Twilight, if you don't want to tell..."

"But I want" she replied. "You're my husband and I trust blindly in you. The truth is... The original star seed is…”

"Well, well, well, but what most romantic scene" a voice said in a cynical, icy and malicious tone.

Twilight and Blue turned to the entrance of the throne room and were terrified when they saw the Lord of Chaos, accompanied by Fire Punch, who was displaying his arrogant smile.

"Please continue with that corny scene of giving nauseas of yours" the Lord of Chaos said. "I'm just here to take over the world."

And, having said this, he began to laugh.