• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 3,023 Views, 35 Comments

The Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



When an envoy of a fallen kingdom appears, a quest to restore the kingdom will begin, whart will make Twilight and her friends enter in a race against time to retrieve the star seeds of the six Generals of the Order to find what might raise it.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,023

Prologue

At the beginning, there was nothing. It was all a complete void. In the middle of this void, there was a being whose magic nullified itself due to being the perfect harmony between light and darkness.

Tired of all the emptiness around him, the creature decided it was time to change all that. He freed all his magic, enveloping it around him, and it just exploded, filling the void at a breakneck speed, having the creature as its own center. The filling of the void was abrupt and chaotic. It was complete chaos. For that reason, the center of the universe took a shard of light and molded it to form a maker entity that tried to organize all the chaos from the creation to create order and harmony. For that reason, the maker entity became known as the Lord of Order.

Later, the Center took a piece of darkness and molded it, forming a destructive entity designed to destroy what the maker entity had built, with this one creating chaos and disharmony, so his brother could build again. For that reason, he became known as the Lord of Chaos.

The two then continued their work as creator and destroyer, with one creating, the other destroying and the first creating again. Because they were trapped in a vicious cycle, the pace of the creation didn’t follow the expansion of the universe.

One day, the Lord of Order came to a empty world and decided to harmonize it. Using his magic, he created the sky and the earth, the day and the night, the sun and the moon, the oceans and the continents, as well as the seas and the rivers and only then allowed the existence of life, animal and vegetable. When he was satisfied with his work, that world was dominated by various forms of life, and those who ruled it were the ponies, all of various types: earth ponies, unicorns and pegasus. They all lived in peace.

But as always happens, peace never lasts forever. Like a fly attracted for the fruit, the Lord of Chaos came to that luminous world and was shocked to see how the light had taken that world. Seeing it would take a lot of time to destroy all that creation, he decided that the best thing to do was making the inhabitants destroy themselves. Therefore, using his amazing powers of persuasion and manipulation, he managed to create divisions between the three tribes of ponies.

Seeing what his brother was trying to do, the Lord of Order decided not to let him destroy his latest perfect creation and managed to avoid the war, but was unable to end the mistrust between the three tribes.

Soon, the Lord of Chaos made his evil spirits, the Wendigos, to bring the eternal winter to the divided ponies to freeze their hearts. With this, the Lord of Order was losing control of his own perfect world. But he didn't give up and continued to try to restore the light that once there was there.

It was then that a nomadic group of unicorns called his attention. They were guided by a beautiful young mare named Aurora who, despite the difficult times that her folk was passing and all the evil that was in the air, was generous, compassionate and understanding.

Touched by Aurora’s pure nature, the Lord of Order visited her in dreams, saying he knew a land where she and her folk could be happy. He showed her the way and she tried to guide her folk until they reach the land the Lord of Order indicated.

They became amazed to see a land fertile and full of life. But the most impressive was that the whole earth radiated an immense light and the plants, since the most undergrowth to the highest one, had special seeds that had a shape of a bipyramidal hexagonal crystal and that radiated a pure and white light.

The Lord of Order explained that that was the epicenter of all the positive energy in that world and that he wanted Aurora and her folk to take care and treat that land with all the love and affection and that to reap all the mature seeds and put them under the night sky on the day of each harvest and that they would have their reward.

Aurora and her folk did so. They reaped each of the luminous mature seeds and, when the sun set to start the night, they put the baskets with the seeds exposed to the night sky. To their surprise, the seeds began to rise in the air and to adorn the night sky that only had the moon as adornment. It wasn't long until the sky became completely ornate and luminous with the moon and several bright spots. But then the most wonderful thing happened. All the seeds that the unicorns had planted, while reaping the luminous seeds, grew up and matured in front of their eyes.

The Lord of Order explained that was the reward because they picked the star seeds, that it was how the luminous seeds were called, and delivered them to the sky so they could become stars. He told them that if they did that procedure and they continued to plant their seeds in the soil, the harvest of their food would be extremely abundant, since they continued to demonstrate the pure light of their hearts.

The unicorns did so. They treated and taken care of that land. The normal unicorns, like those of the Princess Platinum’s kingdom, who never "lowed" to the level of the earth ponies, these nomad unicorns had spent too much time hungry and looking for a land to roost that they didn't care about that.

The weeks passed, and soon they become months. Whenever the star seeds matured, they reaped them and left them exposed to the night sky, allowing them to rise up. As soon as the last star seed rose up, the soil allowed their food became plentiful. But that was only the beginning, because something unexpected and at the same time surprising happened: all unicorns of that group began to display the same luminous that the star seeds.

In view of this situation, Aurora invoked the Lord of Order to question him about the subject. He replied saying, as she and her folk treated so well that land, they managed to form a bond with it. He also explained that each living being, every being created by his creation, contained within itself a special star seed that gave it life and existence and the bond with that special soil made the light of the star seed of each one more intense and ethereal, unlike the ephemeral light that most had.

Realizing that the group of unicorns was now one with the cradle of life of their world, the Lord of Order realized it was time to move on to the next phase of his plan to illuminate the dark that was inhabiting there. Then, he showed to Aurora a star seed. This one was different because it had a shape resembling a lotus flower and displayed a brilliant light raspberry light. The Lord of Order said that was the original star seed that gave birth to all the other star seeds of that world. He said to Aurora that he trusted her completely and that he knew she would do anything to protect it and then entrusted her the original star seed which became her own star seed, linking her to every other star seeds. But that was the beginning, as their new star seed also gave her the wings of a pegasus, making her an alicorn. The Lord of Order announced that she would now be a Princess, the Princess of the future kingdom that he wanted her to build at that very place.

Although nervous about the task the Lord of Order had proposed her, Aurora accepted. To help her in that task, the Lord of Order took six special star seeds from other worlds and brought them to the world that he was trying to save. These star seeds were differed from the others because they, like the original star seed, had a perpetual light of a different color, despite their shapes were equal to the shape of the normal ones. From these star seeds, the Lord of Order created six unicorn ponies, three stallions and three mares, each one representing a element of the Order: Peace, Knowledge, Nature, Talent, Music and Affection. They were the Generals of Order and would help Princess Aurora to build the kingdom he desired. Thus, Aurora, the Generals of Order and the other unicorns, now called light ponies, built that kingdom, including a large and beautiful castle that would be the source of its power. This kingdom was the Light Kingdom.

With the Light Kingdom’s formation, Princess Aurora and the Generals of Order spread the light of the Lord of Order throughout the world. It was this light that led the leaders of the three tribes of ponies to the same land. It was this light that opened their hearts. It was this light that made them unite and create a kingdom for both tribes: Equestria.

To strengthen the union of this new Kingdom, the Lord of Order made two alicorn princesses born, princesses who would became Princess Celestia, the one that rose the sun, and Princess Luna, the one that rose the moon. He also created the Crystal Empire in Northern Equestria for the crystal ponies could spread their love through all Equestria to help keep their union.

For many years, the Light Kingdom prospered. Many ponies visited their land, so they could feel its light and to meet its Princess and its Generals. During those years, the light dominated that world again, something that weakened the Lord of Chaos’ influence. He tried to replied, creating the Desolate Zone, the Changelings and their Queen so that they could steal all the love and peace of the ponies, but even that proved to be the height of the power of the Light Kingdom, the source of all harmony. He realized that the only way to conquer that world was dominating the heart of the Light Kingdom and turning it into a source of darkness. It was clear that that heart was the original star seed.

Using all his ingenuity, he managed to corrupt a pony and turn him into his most faithful lackey, giving him incredible powers of darkness. That pony's name was Sombra.

On behalf of his master, Sombra cornered a large number of ponies outside the Light Kingdom and, using a spell that his master taught him, he made their star seeds reveal themselves and, as their light was ephemeral, they lost the light, making their ponies become the dark versions of themselves: the dark ponies. Sombra created an army of dark ponies and he tried to attack the Light Kingdom. But the Generals, predicting his attack, created a protective barrier around the entire perimeter of the kingdom, in order to protect their Princess and all the other light ponies. However, it was only a temporary defense.

Knowing that Sombra and his army would be able to get in and knowing that her Generals would not have enough power to defeat them all, Princess Aurora took the more difficult decision just to protect her kingdom, her subjects and the original star seed. With the help of the Generals, she created a way to accomplish this. But that required a high price, something that she would have to agree.

So, with the power of her star seed, she made all star seeds, from the plants and light ponies, rise up and she stored them in a special sphere, the Jewel of Life, saving it in a secret place in the Castle. Then, she made the Generals' star seed to leave their hosts and spread throughout all Equestria, because, under Celestia and Luna’s care, she knew that no heart belonged to the Chaos couldn’t reach them. Finally, she made her own star seed disappear with its light continuing to illuminate the world, as it was the original star seed. Without the star seeds, all the Light Kingdom, since roads and buildings to plants and the light ponies, turned into hard and indestructible stone, including the Generals. Princess Aurora was the only one who disappeared without a trace. This was price: total petrification of the Light Kingdom and the disappearance of its Princess. When Sombra was able to pass through the magical barrier, there was nothing to conquer. His target had disappeared.

The centuries passed and the Light Kingdom remained silent and hidden from everypony, wrapped by its stone coat, awaiting the arrival of the original star seed to release it.

--------------------------------------

In the present day, Twilight and Blue had just defeated Dark Hole and his Changelings, reversing the King of the Changelings to his pegasus form.

After Chrisalis and her Changelings had left with the defeated foe, Celestia looked to her former student hugged to her beloved one. That made her smile, seeing how happy she was.

It was then that something called her attention. There was somepony watching from afar, hidden. Celestia observed with all her attention and then recognized the pony who was watching everything.

"No, it can’t be" she said to herself. "It's impossible."

She didn't want to believe what her eyes were seeing. It couldn't be.

"Luna" Celestia called.

"Yes, sister?" Luna asked, approaching.

"You don't know that pony over there?" Celestia asked, making a gesture to the unknown pony.

Luna looked and then she stayed with the same air of amazement as their sister’s.

"No, it can't be" she said. "It's impossible."

"That's exactly what I said" Celestia said. "It seems I'm not the only one seeing things."

On the morning after Twilight and Blue’s wedding, Celestia was in the throne room, contemplating one of the windows that contained the picture of Twilight and Blue Sword with their horns launching together a red light against Dark Hole and some Changelings.

Luna then approached her and said:

"This has to be a coincidence. It has to be."

"Therefore, we have to be sure" Celestia replied. "If our suspicions are confirmed, we must act quickly."

It was then that the door of the throne room opened and Blue entered and approached, asking:

"You wanted to see me, Princess Celestia?"

Author's Note:

I hope you have enjoyed the begining of this story. I can ensure you there's still many things to tell and still many surprises to reveal.