• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 3,024 Views, 35 Comments

The Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



When an envoy of a fallen kingdom appears, a quest to restore the kingdom will begin, whart will make Twilight and her friends enter in a race against time to retrieve the star seeds of the six Generals of the Order to find what might raise it.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,024

The Dark Side of the Forest

Fluttershy, in order to fulfill the mission she volunteered herself to do without the help of her friends (much to the amazement of all of them), she arrived to Hallow Shades forest from the train she boarded.

She was now on the edge of the dark and scary forest, seeming to be waiting for somepony, as the sun was setting. While waiting, Fluttershy couldn't stop thinking about that her friends thought she wouldn't be able to accomplish the task of recovering the green star seed alone, mainly Rainbow Dash. It was true that the two were friends before they knew the others, but she should have confidence in her, although Fluttershy be shy and often jumpy. But she was going to prove that she could be more than what she seemed.

"Did you miss me?" a voice asked in her ear.

Fluttershy startled and turned. She faced a stallion with a dark gray coat, but he was not a pony, but a thestral, a kind of equine similar to pony, but with some different traits, such as the bat wings, tufted ears, very dark blue and dark moderate violet leather tail and mane and yellow eyes with slit pupils like cats’. The thestral were usually part of Princess Luna’s Royal Guard, being viewed normally with their armor and almost never seen due being nocturnal. This thestral, however, didn’t have his armor, showing their coatless hooves with a darker shade of grey and with two bat wings as Cutie Mark.

"Thunder Night!" Fluttershy exclaimed, hugging the thestral, who returned the hug, and then the two nuzzled each other. "Of course I missed you."

They finished the hug and Fluttershy asked:

"I’m glad you could join us."

"Hey, you're my marefriend, of course I came" he replied. "Princess Luna gave me the day off as soon as you ask me to come and I fly as fast as I could to Hollow Shades."

"Thunder Night, you were again flying during the day?" Fluttershy asked, worried. "You know that the sun weakens you."

"Don't worry about that" Thunder Night replied, passing the hoof through her face. "I can handle it. But that's enough for me to be a little bit in the shadows of the forest to regain my strength. Even if I couldn’t hold it, I would come just to help you with your mission. What is it, anyway?"

While they entered and began to roam the forest, Fluttershy told Thunder Night what she had to do and why. She knew it wasn’t supposed to talk with anypony about this subject, but he was her coltfriend and she knew she could completely trust him.

"So you are looking for a star seed, right?" Thunder Night said. "I've heard that all of us had one, but I never thought that the stories were true."

"Yes, but this star seed what I'm looking for is special" Fluttershy said. "It belonged to the General of Nature and we need it to recover the Light Kingdom."

"And you say that seed is here?"

"Yes, absolutely. You wouldn't happen to know anything, do you, as you live here?"

"I don't know anything about this green star seed, but I hope that we can find something, if it is really here" Thunder Night said.

"Yes, and I know I can count with your help" Fluttershy said.

The two exchanged a quick nuzzle and continued walking.

"Hey, have you talked to your friends about us?" Thunder Night asked.

"Well... not yet” Fluttershy answered, blushing slightly. "I still don't feel ready. I think my shyness come off better on me."

"Don't worry about it" Thunder Night said. "You’ll tell them when you're ready."

Fluttershy smiled. Although, at the beginning when they met, she and Thunder Night are always coming down due to their conflicting personalities, both managed to find the perfect harmony and understand each other perfectly.

The two continued to advance until they reach a clearing. In this clearing, it was the village that stood on Hallow Shades. It was a nice village where there were ponies and some thestrals. Fluttershy knew some of the ponies that village were from Applejack’s family, but she could tell who they were, as she was walking around the village, noticed that the population number was reduced, taking into account the existing houses, and all displayed a tense air. She couldn’t see also any foal playing in the roads.

It was then that they arrived at a house, the largest in the village, where there was a thestral mare with more or less Granny Smith’s age, while sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of the house.

"Elder, is a pleasure to see you again" Thunder Night said, bowing his head slightly in a sign of respect.

"Thunder Night, my boy, it's a pleasure to see you again" the elder said. "How's your job in Princess Luna’s Royal Guard."

"Quite well" he replied. "I always give my best and the Princess is very pleased with my work."

"I'm glad for you" the elder answered. "It’s a blessing for your generation to be guards of the own princess of the night."

"I know" Thunder Night replied. "And I will endeavor to deserve this blessing."

Then the elder noticed Fluttershy.

"And who is this beautiful mare you bring with you?" she asked.

"Oh, I apologize for not having presented myself" Fluttershy said, gently. "I'm Fluttershy."

"She's my marefriend, elder" Thunder Night said.

The elder got up from her chair and approached Fluttershy, watching her intently.

"You have a pretty quiet and calm aura" the elder said. "Very bright and fascinating."

"Oh... thank you" Fluttershy thanked, blushing slightly.

"The elder is the oldest equine and the wisest creature in the forest, in addition to having a broader view" Thunder Night featured to Fluttershy. "If there's anypony who can help us it’s her."

"Are you sure?" Fluttershy asked.

Thunder Night nodded. Fluttershy took a deep breath and then said to the elder:

"I would like to know if you don't know a thing about the green star seed. It belongs to the General of Nature of the Light Kingdom. It must have fallen around here somewhere."

The elder didn’t answered immediately, simply looking at Fluttershy, and then replied:

"My people, just like the ponies, is quite old and we have formulated our own legends. From generation to generation, it has been told the story of this Light Kingdom you mentioned, but we call it Paradise of Life, because it was the brightest place which was full of life and peace. Then, the light that place simply went out and six shooting stars fell after this event for all Equestria."

"Yes, that's the Light Kingdom’s story" said Fluttershy, with more confidence. "Do you know anything about the green star seed?"

The elder paused and then continued, turning back and approaching her rocking chair:

"Before this event, this land was a plain with undergrowth. So a green shooting star fall from the sky and, suddenly, a dense forest grew up in seconds, a wild and untamed forest, whose only inhabitants were the animals that came to live here and its dense shadows."

"So, it was the green star seed that created this forest" Fluttershy concluded. "Just like the red star seed that created the Oasis of the Heart."

Then an idea popped into Fluttershy’s mind. If that was just like Heartbeat’s star seed, so…

"Is there a very old tree, perhaps millennia, that could be the oldest one of this forest?" Fluttershy asked.

That made the elder keep a pensive air, but it was Thunder Night who replied:

"Actually, there is. It is right in the hearth of the forest. But how did you know?"

"Well, let's just say I had found one already" Fluttershy replied.

"Elder, do you mind if I take Fluttershy to see the tree?" Thunder Night asked.

"Of course, I think we can trust in this young mare" the elder answered. "But you have to have extreme caution. The tree is quite well protected. And also with the own forest. It has been acting strangely."

"What do you mean?" Thunder Night asked.

"Some ponies of the town have mysteriously disappeared without a trace" the elder replied. "They simply faded into thin air."

That worried Fluttershy. Could it be the Lord of Chaos?

Thunder Night began conducting Fluttershy to the tree.

"Do you know anything about these disappearances?" Thunder Night asked.

"I don't know" Fluttershy replied. "I honestly don't know what can be. I just hope it's not anything bad."

"Don't worry about it" Thunder Night replied. "I'll be here to protect you."

"Thank you, Thundy" Fluttershy thanked.

"You know I hate diminutives" Thunder Night said. "But, how it’s you..."

The two exchanged a nuzzle and continued.

They then arrived at their destination.

"Here we are" Thunder Night said, while they stopped. "This is the oldest tree in the forest."

Fluttershy watched aghast. It was the greatest tree in the forest. However, it didn't have the same beauty that great tree of the Oasis of the Heart, but it was more robust and firm and, even though old, it looked healthier than any other tree that Fluttershy had ever seen.

"It's really beautiful" Fluttershy said.

She intended to approach, but Thunder Night prevented her.

"Don't get too close" he warned her.

"Why?" Fluttershy asked.

Thunder Night grabbed a nearby stone and threw it to the tree. It was then that a branch, surrounded by a dark grayish green aura came out of nowhere and struck the stone with such force and precision that blew it.

"The tree commands all living beings of the forest, plants or animals" Thunder Night replied. "It doesn't let anypony near and, who does it, is attacked by nature itself."

Fluttershy, upon hearing that, became very intimidated, but also became more convinced that the green star seed was there, in that tree, because it could command the nature around them.

"Sorry, Thunder Night but I have to do it" Fluttershy said. "There is no doubt that the green star seed is there. I have to do it."

"But, Fluttershy..."

"I know you're worried, but don't worry. Please, you have to trust me."

The two exchanged a look and then Thunder Night, sighed and said:

"Okay, but be careful, okay? I'll be here to help you."

Fluttershy nodded him and then turned to the ancient tree. She took a deep breath and then began to advance towards the tree. When she was at a certain distance from the tree, two branches of two trees nearby, involved by the same aura of a moment ago, came against Fluttershy at high speed.

"Watch out, Fluttershy!" Thunder Night warned.

Fluttershy, upon seeing the branches coming in her direction, she reacted downing and protecting her head. The branches failed and retreated, making Thunder Night and Fluttershy sighs of relief. Fluttershy stood up and continued to advance and then a bunch of ravens with the eyes shining with the color of the aura appeared and advanced to her who was in shock for animals being attacking her when usually they were her friends.

"Fluttershy!" Thunder Night called, starting to move towards his marefriend for help her.

It was then that he was attacked by branches, along with roots. This joint attack hit Thunder Night that was thrown back. He got up to try again, but he saw that his way was completely blocked by plants that had risen from the earth. But the thestral didn’t quit and began trying to fight with the plants to pass through them.

"Hang on, my love!" he exclaimed. "I'm coming!"

Fluttershy was protecting herself as she was being pecked by the ravens, but it was impossible to resist. She felt movement behind her and saw out of the corner of her eye roots arising out, supposedly to whip her. How would she be able to go through all that? She couldn’t harm animals and plants, because she had too much respect for them.

Then an idea came to her. Maybe it was that what she had to do: show respect. Show respect to the thing that controlled the nature itself.

Therefore, the turned to the great tree and, before the ravens could attack, made it a bow. As soon as she did this, she couldn’t hear movements. She dared to look and saw that the ravens and the roots had stopped. Then, the ravens went back to moving and were released from the tree charm, flying away after that. The roots went back to the soil and the same happened with the barrier of plants Thunder Night had been fighting. He then looked to Fluttershy who smiled him and Thunder Night returned her the smile. Fluttershy then advanced to the tree and she lifted the hoof, touching it, showing it her pure intention for taking the star seed it hid. So, from inside of the tree, a green star seed came out. Fluttershy smiled, while taking it with her hoof. She could feel her connection to the nature increasing only to be in contact with it. She returned to the edge of Thunder Night who asked:

"So this is the green star seed?" Thunder Night asked.

"Yes, it's beautiful, isn't it?" Fluttershy asked.

It was then that a magical bubble appeared with Heartbeat there:

"Hello, Fluttershy, I just appeared to see if everything is..." Heartbeat started then noticed the star seed in Fluttershy’s hoof. "Well, I guess it is everything fine."

"It wasn't easy, but I got it" Fluttershy said.

"Impressive" Heartbeat congratulated. "Very impressive. I didn't even have to give assistance or information. However, I need to give you a warning."

"What?" Fluttershy asked.

"I just contact Rarity and Pinkie Pie and they are having problems with dark ponies, so beware" Heartbeat warned.

"Dark ponies?" Fluttershy repeated.

"Yes, it's kinda hard to explain, but, to short, they are normal ponies corrupted by the Lord of Chaos for having lost the light of their star seeds and gained the darkness in them" Heartbeat replied. "They can be pretty hurtful. Maybe they are already there."

Then Thunder Night remembered something.

"The missing ponies!"

Then Fluttershy realized what he meant. Then they heard screams coming from the village.

"Well, looks like you have some concerns to deal with" Heartbeat said. "I'm leaving. If you need my help, yell my name."

And she disappeared.

Fluttershy and Thunder Night rushed to the village and gasped to find ponies with dark tones, red eyes and fangs shattering the village and terrorizing the ponies and the thestrals. The bravest stallions were facing them, but they ended up being defeated.

"Elder!" Thunder Night called, seeing the old thestral nearby.

He and Fluttershy went to her.

"Looks like we found our missing ponies" Thunder Night said.

"And their auras are completely different" the elder said. "They are no longer the same as before."

"You're right" Fluttershy said. “They are dark ponies, ponies who had lost the light of their star seeds. They are at the service of the Lord of Chaos."

Seeing her thestral comrades fighting against the dark ponies and losing, Thunder Night succumbed and said:

"I can't be seeing this. I'll go help my friends."

He then started heading to the fight.

"Thunder Night, wait!" Fluttershy called.

But he didn't hear her, continuing to advance. She couldn't talk to him, when Thunder Night was in that way. The elder then noticed the green star seed.

"Is this…" the elder began, pointing to the star seed.

"Yes, the green star seed" Fluttershy said.

"Yes, it is" the elder said. "You know, my dear, that seed has pure energy inside of it. It must be able to purify anything... or anypony."

Upon hearing that, Fluttershy realized what I had to do. She then progressed to the struggle, at a time when Thunder Night was pinned on the ground by a dark pony.

"Hey!" called Fluttershy, showing then the star seed to the dark ponies. "Is this what you want?"

"Fluttershy, don’t..." Thunder Night said, can't saying much more due to being stuck with such force.

"It’s yours" Fluttershy said. "Since you leave the village in peace."

"The star seed!" the dark pony that was grabbing Thunder Night said, heading then to one of his companions. "Some of you guys go take it!"

A dark pegasus began to fly quickly to Fluttershy. It seemed that he would give a push to Fluttershy to get the green star seed, but then Fluttershy extended the seed, closing her eyes and concentrating on her desire to purify that pony. It was then that the star seed released a green light that hit the dark pegasus who moaned in pain and then fell to the ground.

Fluttershy looked at what she had just done and then saw dark roots involving him, but then they disappeared, showing the pegasus that had returned to normal. His star seed turned from black to translucent with a slight white light within it, returning then to the inside of the flower which closed and disappeared. She was able to cure him.

It was then that the light intensified and reached some of the others dark ponies who also returned to normal. Seeing that, the remained dark ponies seemed to be afraid and began to retreat. The one who was pinning Thunder Night freed him, also retreating.

"Let's go" he said.

And then the dark pegasus flew away, while the others ran into the woods. Thunder Night got up and sent some thestrals behind them, before heading to Fluttershy, while the others went to see if the released ponies were all right.

"My love, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes" she replied.

"That was pretty stupid" Thunder Night said. "How could you face the dark ponies like that?"

"Well, I confess that I don't know how I did that" Fluttershy said. "But I couldn't let those ponies hurt you and the others, and I also wanted to heal those who were corrupted. The green star seed replied to my desire."

Thunder Night smiled. That's what he loved in his marefriend: her kindness.

Then came the time of Fluttershy leave to return to the Crystal Empire with the green star seed. On the edge of the forest, she, having the green star seed well-guarded in her saddlebags, was saying goodbye to Thunder Night, before flying to the nearest station to take the train to North. The two nuzzled each other, before Thunder Night ask:

"When will I see you again?"

"Very soon, I hope” Fluttershy answered.

"I hope so too" Thunder Night agreed.

The two exchanged a good-bye kiss and then Fluttershy took flight, giving one last look to Thunder Night waving to him. She waved him back, before focusing on her flight, heading to the nearest station to take the train to the Crystal Empire to put the star seed that she had in safety.

Author's Note:

As you can see, I made a couple with one of Princess Luna's guard and one of the Main Six. As I said, they are different, because Fluttershy is shy and compassive and Thunder Night is impulsive and like to fight. I'll made a story about them soon and that's a promisse, but I want to publish other stories before.