• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 6,069 Views, 85 Comments

Pony heart, Dragon blood, body of Metal - The-DerpSide



Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow-along with Angel Island-are blasted by Doctor Eggman to another dimension. Now trapped there, how will they cope in a world of humanoid ponies?

  • ...
10
 85
 6,069

Metal Sonic, Metal Spike

Canterlot Castle: a couple hours after "initial contact"

"So tell me more about this....Metal Sonic." Princess Celestia said as she and the others sat around a table in the castle. Some other familiar guests had joined them as well. Shining Armor-Twilight Sparkle's brother and Captain of the Royal Guard was sitting next to his fiance, Princess Cadence-Twilight's old foal-sitter. Prince Blueblood was also in attendance, he got along fine with Spike, though the glares shot between him an Rarity made everyone place them as far away from each other as possible.

Rarity was still upset about the whole "Gala Incident", while Blueblood had been irritated about the shallow reason for her infatuation.

"Metal Sonic....He's a nightmare to deal with." Sonic said, "Besides the stuff I mention before-about him being able to go five times the speed of sound, he can be very meticulous and have long drawn-out plans and can quickly learn to cover any weakness."

"If you'll allow me, Sonic." Tails interrupted.

"Sure, go ahead buddy. You're better at this explanation stuff than I am." Sonic said, giving Tails a thumbs-up.

"Metal Sonic is equipped with a 255 cc 4 Valve Fusion Engine that has a max output of 55ps/600 rpm and a maximum torque of 7.54 kg-m/4000 rpm...in other words, he can put out a lot of power. He also has rocket-powered flight. He was designed to counter Sonic, so his standard attacks include Sonic's signature Spin-Dash and homing attack, the later allowing him to rocket towards enemies and strike multiple times in mid-air. However, on top of that, he has a laser gun stored in his chest that he can fire at any time and the impenetrable Black Shield for defense. Also, he has what is called the 'Maximum Overdrive' attack, where he overloads his circuits to create a glowing energy field around him that can burn through pretty much anything." Tails explained.

"No wonder you called me." Shining Armor said, "Without warning, I highly doubt even the Royal Guard could deal with that thing."

"That isn't the most powerful ability Metal Sonic has." Tails said, and everyone outside of Sonic's group looked at him. What could be more powerful than the previously mentioned abilities?

"Metal Sonic has the uncanny ability to 'Scan and Copy' data from others, allowing him to flawlessly replicate any ability he has seen." Tails said, and everyone felt a deep pit settle in their stomachs. "Also, obtaining enough power transforms him to more-powerful forms...the most powerful we've ever seen was a gigantic dragon-like monster called the Metal Overlord. It took Sonic, Knuckles, AND me working together in the Super Form given by the Seven Chaos Emeralds to defeat it....and THAT was with NINE other people helping distract it!"

Without warning, an explosion rocked the castle and a couple guards went flying into the room, with a bunch of orange egg-shaped robots with lances running through the now opened door.

"Egg Pawns!" Knuckles said, rising to his feet. "Metal Sonic must have had some of Eggman's robots on Angel Island hidden away."

As the Equestrians ran to a more secure location and the four heroes from Sonic's world headed face-first to the swarm of Egg Pawns, no one noticed the gleaming red eyes watching from the shadows.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Now if any break through, we won't have to worry about being surrounded." Celestia said, as they were in a dead-end hallway with their backs to the wall.

"Not that it will help you." A metallic, gruff voice said, and in a blur, standing before them was Metal Sonic itself. "Hand over the dragon or be destroyed."

"We won't let you take Spike!" Rainbow Dash said, flying forward as fast as she could-intent on knocking over the robotic menace. Right before she made contact, Metal Sonic crossed its arms and a diamond-shaped black energy field sprung up around it. Rainbow Dash hit the shield and was knocked head-first through a wall.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight yelled out, and Metal Sonic turned to face the remaining conscious Equestrian citizens.

"You are all fools to defy your Master when you are clearly outmatched. You living beings are very illogical."

Inside what looked like a large hole in his chest, a yellow light started glowing, and everyone realized in horror that he was preparing to fire the laser stored in his chest.

"STOP!" Spike yelled out, running in front of the group. "I won't let you hurt them! If....if you promise not to harm them...I....I'll surrender."

"Spike NO!" Twilight said, "We can..."

"He was toying with us!" Spike said, "I can see it in his posture. It's like Discord's before we entered the maze."

"You have come to the correct logical conclusion, dragon." Metal Sonic said, his sharp metal fingers grasping onto the left arm of the dragon. "Until my plans for you are completed, you have my word that no harm will come to these creatures with you."

With those words, Metal Sonic landed a swift blow to the back of Spike's head, knocking him unconscious before he held him under an arm.

"However, as soon as my Metal Dragon is completed, me and my servant will come to build the Metal Empire." Metal Sonic said, making Celestia and everyone's eyes widen in horror. "He will be freed from his prison of flesh, and gain perfection. Until next time."

"NO!!!" Celestia said, her horn glowing and eyes blazing in fury as she shot a spell at Metal Sonic, only for him to disappear. "My..son...WE HAVE TO FIND HIM!" She exclaimed.

Right after she said that, did a blur run in and stop revealing Sonic. "All this was a distraction! He knew we would fight off the intruders to protect you....and we fell for it!" Sonic said, punching a wall as Rainbow Dash finally pulled herself out of the wall.

"But how? How can we find him?" Twilight asked and Sonic's eyes narrowed.

"I'm called the fastest thing alive where I'm from. If Shadow and I can go out looking for him, we could locate Metal Sonic's base of operations and come back here, teleporting everyone to it using Chaos Control." Sonic said, and as soon as Celestia gave a nod of approval, the two hedgehogs were off, one leaving a blue streak behind him, the other yellow.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Unknown location

Spike was thrown down to the hard ground, bouncing slightly upon impact.

"Now you will grow or you will die." Metal Sonic's voice was harsh and cold, no emotion showing in his eyes. The robotic copy of Sonic brandished its claws and charged at him, leaving a gash on Spike's chest as he tore away skin, scales, and flesh.

"Why are you doing this?!" Spike said, grasping his wound.

"Dragons grow when they are filled with greed or when their life is in danger. You will grow or die." Now the strike was across his left eye, blinding him on one side. Before he could react Metal Sonic had slashed across his left arm and across the back of his lower legs. Spike could feel something within him, burning like a wildfire.

"Power output from the dragon growing. Growth imminent." Metal Sonic said as he watched Spike's body shift. Two large, powerful wings burst from his back, with purple scales and a green membrane a similar color to his underbelly. His body elongated, growing more lanky, yet firm like a teenager who was on a running team. His snout grew longer and the spines on his head became slightly more spiked.

With a roar of rage, the newly grown Spike launched a breath of glowing orange flames from his mouth at Metal Sonic, who blurred away from it and his eyes started glowing.

"Life-form data....successfully copied." Metal Sonic said, before the grey metal section where his mouth would be opened and a stream of flames was launched at Spike who-thanks to the injuries still present-could not dodge and was knocked back and fell flat on his back.

Metal Sonic was picking up the scales on the ground that had been ripped off Spike's body. "Scanning...scales are mostly fire-proof except to another dragon's fire and provide immunity to lava....scanning....data successfully copied."

As Spike glared at Metal Sonic, who had attacked him for no real good reason, Metal Sonic stood gazing down at him. "In twenty-four hours, you will be completely free of your prison of flesh."

Spike's eyes widened in horror before Metal Sonic slammed a fist into Spike's head-once again rendering him unconscious. Once that was done, Metal Sonic dragged him deep into a cave near where he had killed the other dragons.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It had been nearly 18 hours since Spikes abduction and Luna's moon hung high in the air. However, no one was asleep. The were all gathered in the main throne room huddled together, silent as the grave.

A green flash lit up the room and the two hedgehogs dropped from the flash of light and everyone surrounded them.

"The good news is that we found Metal Sonic's base....and the two of us startled him into abandoning Spike and his base. He wasn't ready to fight us...because apparently the jump between dimensions greatly damaged him-he couldn't set up his Maximum Overdrive attack without nearly shutting down."

"That's great news!" Celestia said, falling into her throne while letting out a sigh of relief.

"And...the bad news?" Luna hesitantly asked.

"The bad news" Shadow said, "is that Metal Sonic copied Spike's scales and fire-breathing abilities and that....Spike....wasn't completely unaffected by Metal Sonic."

"Can you....take us to him?" Celestia asked, the last words worrying her. Sonic and Shadow nodded to each other, Shadow lifting the green Chaos Emerald and Sonic lifting the cyan one.

"Chaos....Control!" They both shouted and the inhabitants vanished in a flash of light.

They reappeared in a dark, dank cave. However, the cave wasn't what got everyone's attention. It was the metal surgical table with a familiar dragon that had been modified...The dragon's head had been almost completely changed into a shape similar to Metal Sonic-with the same color , with the only thing different was the "ears" of Metal Sonic being absent. Only his snout and right eye remained the same, as did the ear fins. His left eye was now a black screen. Even his spines had been changed into metal, and the spines on the back of his head had been removed. The head was rounded in the back and it had three spines protruding from it, one at the top and one on each side near his shoulder. His chest had been completely covered in metal, similar to Metal Sonic-even with the opening with yellow metal around it in his chest and a turbine with a blue covering the top of it protruding from his back. The metal went down to right above his waist. In fact, only his right arm and wings remained flesh-and-blood above his waist and below his snout.

His left arm was completely changed into a copy of Metal Sonic's and the dragon's knees had become metal joints and the lower legs and feet had become an exact copy of Metal Sonic's. He had grown beforehand, now looking like a dragon in their late teens, and he was blissfully unconscious.

"Oh Spike..." Celestia said, picking up his-surprisingly light-body and holding her adopted son close.

Tails, in the meantime, was investigating a small computer in the meantime. "We got lucky. He was only 75% changed." Tails said.

"ONLY?!" the Equestrians yelled at him.

"He still has all of his internal organs are still in him, but nearly all of them are aided by machines...only his....reproductive system....is untouched." Tails said, a light blush on his face.

"So...he can still have foals....or hatchlings...of his own." Celestia said.

"Yes. BUT that's where the good news about his changes ends...if someone tried to revert any of the changes....it'll kill him."

Silence met this declaration. Spike had been "cursed" by Metal Sonic to be over half-robot for the rest of his life! The ponies eyes blazed in silent rage.

"The good news is that the change has caused Metal Sonic to make a mistake, he prematurely downloaded data on his own abilities into Spike thinking no one would find him before the process was complete! Spike can still think like you or me, but he has access to the chest laser, Black Shield, and Maximum Overdrive attacks....as well as Metal Sonic's ability to scan and copy data. Also, he infused the metal he 'created' 'Metal Spike' with the scales from Spike himself. The only real difference is that his maximum speed is only listed at Mach 2-two times the speed of sound." Tails explained, and everyone's eyes widened in amazement, before darkening.

"Metal Dragon...He was trying to turn Spike into a dragon version of himself!" Celestia shouted, and Spike's eye widened before a red eye lit up on the black screen replacing his left eye as the shout startled him awake.

"M..mom..." Spike whispered...

"Shh...Spike...it's okay...you're safe." Celestia said, holding him close as the others gathered around him.

"I...I was awake when he did...this...I felt everything! It...hurt...why did he choose me?" Spike asked, and this declaration made people's eyes widen in horror. Rarity, Fluttershy, and even Prince Blueblood fainted just thinking about it.

Metal Sonic had just done something that had not been done in a long time....he had incurred the wrath of Princess Celestia.

"Get the presses ready. Tomorrow morning, Metal Sonic's actions against royalty will be announced to the public and Metal Sonic will be declared an enemy of Equestria." Celestia said, standing up and gazing at Sonic.

"Sonic. You have the most experience fighting him. I'll need you to talk to our guard force, any possible weakness, I'll need you to tell them everything!" She said, and he nodded to her, gazing at Spike.

"Metal...many times I've tried to end him only for him to slip away...now it's time to put that creep down for good." Sonic said, punching his right fist into his other hand.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Probability of location was only 4%. Damage done by dimensional portal disabled Maximum Overdrive and lowered system output. Probability of winning against my copy in current condition is 40%. Not high enough, probability drops to 20% with inclusion of Shadow the Hedgehog." Metal Sonic said as he blazed across mountains in Equestria.

"Legends tell of a mirror pool that creates copies of whoever looks into it. Current mission will be to rest the 72 hours while my system repairs itself before seeking out the mirror pool. The increase of troops as strong as me will increase the chance of success of creation of the Metal Empire jumps to 98%."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author's Note:

Here we are, chapter 2!

Personally, I hated myself writing this, but the title (and the idea of the whole story) was bouncing around in my head for a while...this is why I put the "DARK" tag in.

The poll is still up, by the way.

Any fanart is accepted, please just message me with a link! It may be featured in later chapters!