• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 6,066 Views, 85 Comments

Pony heart, Dragon blood, body of Metal - The-DerpSide



Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow-along with Angel Island-are blasted by Doctor Eggman to another dimension. Now trapped there, how will they cope in a world of humanoid ponies?

  • ...
10
 85
 6,066

Spike's Birthday

Well, after being tied for so long, the song poll has ended...with Choice S being the winner!

Now viewers, I have a serious question. I have planned boyfriends of all the "Mane 6"....EXCEPT PINKIE PIE! All I have are rumors of her getting a coltfriend in Season 5....but I want the readers to answer....

Should Pinkie be included with Twilight and Shadow? If yes (because of his dark past), I will include another mare with Spike and Rarity....his old Canterlot crush....Moondancer! Which signifies his past and present. Canterlot and Ponyville.

Okay....after that...I was on YouTube earlier....and found a musical parody of "Sonic Heroes"....THIS is what happens when-like the MLP cast-Sonic characters randomly break out in song....and it includes a new character in this story from the Sonic series to show that not all robots are evil....E-123 OMEGA!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Things had been quiet since Rainbow had been temporarily grounded by a broken wing. Rarity and Spike had traveled to Canterlot and met up with a well-known high-society Unicorn named Fancy Pants. He had been a casual acquaintance of Spike and had looking for Spike to check in with him since the....incident...that changed him. Nothing too much had changed, except his body now matched his mental age....and...as he put it, his "pony heart still beat within his body of metal".

Fancy then pointed out the inaccuracy of his statement...literally, by pointing at the non-metal organic sections of his original aged body.

Meeting up with him while he was traveling with Rarity was actually a good thing for her. As an aspiring dressmaker, she needed an "in" with her target audience, and befriending Fancy Pants was just what she needed to do....

After making sure Fluer Dis Lee did not mistake her actions for trying to come between her and Fancy.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The accident resulting in a new pet and a broken wing also put Rainbow's vision of herself into perspective, and slightly toned down her bragging. After all, a hedgehog who also boasted about super speed was able to destroy a boulder with a spin-dash...a boulder that she herself could not budge.

It was actually slightly depressing to think about.

Sonic himself was the solution to her own self-doubt, as he swore that he'd help her improve her skills. He had done the same for Tails, so why not her?

Gilda's injuries were healing nicely, but her landing had her still left in a coma...but the doctors estimated that she would awaken in a few months...after Hearts and Hooves Day.

Tails had met up with Fluttershy, continuing with his study of the animals of Equestria. It had been shocking when Tails revealed that he and the others from his planet were omnivores-which meant they ate both meat and plants-but this was quickly shook off by Fluttershy. She herself had dealt with omnivores, such as foxes (ironically enough) and bears. To Fluttershy's surprise, Tails could be surprisingly bashful. In a way, his personality reminded her of a way more confident version of herself.

Many questions had been raised about Sonic and the other's past, and-rather than repeat themselves-Tails had decided an interesting way to reveal their past....by looking at Equestria's video-game technology, Tails had been developing the Ponygame Genesis (Tribute to the first game system I played...a SEGA Genesis). It would be a breakthrough, using a system that connected to the television in the homes of different ponies and using a disc to read it (like modern systems).

Sonic's first adventure-SONIC 1-would be released when the system was done.

Knuckles the Echidna was adapting to his new life very well. Sure, at first he needed a few lessons on controlling his immense strength from Applejack herself-as his punches had knocked down a few trees-but once that was done he was "an efficient applebucker" as Applejack put it, rivaling her own abilities. The two often got into competitions on who could fill up the most baskets, and actually enjoyed their friendly competition.

Shadow the Hedgehog, much to Twilight's delight, had been immensely curious about Equestria and his sharp mind could let the two get into interesting debates about things-past military tactics, old pony's tales, their fear of the unknown and unexpected (which, as a being with access to the limitless power of the Chaos Pool, Shadow found utterly stupid), and their lack of knowledge of other species-such as dragons.

Shadow pointed out that they didn't have to actually talk to wild dragons to observe their behavior, which had Twilight face palming.

Twilight matched his curiosity of Equestria with her own curiosity of his own world. To her shock, it was widely inhabited with a species that only existed in pony mythology-humans.....which meant she now owed Lyra 20 bits. However, unlike the ponies, humans did not naturally have super powers and relied more on their mind and ingenuity to survive. Civilizations were actually built by all the different species-hedgehogs, echidnas, foxes, squirrels, humans, and other species that developed sentience.

She was also curious about Shadow himself and-with his permission-performed a few tests on him (non-harmful, of course). To her shock, his supposedly "one" eye with two pupils was actually two eyes connected by a membrane that extended his range of vision. This was also true about Sonic and Knuckles. She then tried the output of his power.

The machine she had him standing in actually cracked when he stood in it from his power output. After that, she wisely decided not to repeat the test without his Inhibitor Rings. He had then answered.....after much thinking....questions he found rather...personal. (I had to use ask.com and the wiki to find the answers.)

When was his birthday? June 19th.

What was his favorite food? He liked pomegranate juice with pulp, and honey-nut cereals. He also had a fondness for giant, swirled cherry lollipops since it was something that his first friend-Maria-had always given him....he also developed a liking to something called "Swiss Rolls"...which he joked sounded like control....chaos control, chaos Swiss roll...it had been something Sonic had done as a joke but ended up as a food he enjoyed occasionally.

When not answering questions the other hand, the two also bonded with a shared love of a nice, quiet activity....reading. The books about Starswirl the Bearded were something Shadow enjoyed, as the unicorn was developing time-travel spells.

Not that he'd tell Twilight yet, but with two Chaos Emeralds touching each other,Chaos Control could allow the user to travel through time. However, it did not travel through dimensions. Shadow was worried that Twilight would drive herself crazy trying to learn Chaos Control if she found out.

And for some strange reason, a brown Earth Pony came up to him and shook his hand for that decision.

Cadence was often sitting in these discussions and was smiling softly at the interaction. It had taken a while, but Shadow was opening up and adapting to his new home. He did admit that he was worried about his home-which was forever out of his reach-but wasn't too worried. There were friends Sonic had who often helped him...and if things got too rough, a hedgehog from another dimension named Silver would show up.

A final surprise during the time Rainbow was grounded was an old friend of Shadow turning up. An abandoned Eggman robot who-because of his abandonment-turned against his creator and worked for the government. E-123 Omega.

Omega was mostly red with black sections-such as his shoulders,with the left shoulder having a red Omega symbol. He had been in Angel Island-near where the ponies met up with the Sonic Team-but had been roughed up by Metal Sonic to prevent him from interfering with Eggman's plans to the point where Omega was disabled and unable to move until recently.

Tails had fixed him up and Omega proved himself to be highly analytic and questioning, but would help others to succeed in his mission. Two members of Team Dark had now reunited, however the third would be out of their reach for all eternity.

Before I move on, here's a picture of Omega

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A few weeks after that, Rainbow's wing cast finally came off and she gingerly exercised the wing until she could perform all of her old tricks and reach her old speed without pain. After this, Sonic started working with her running with her and increasing her speed. With the Sonic Rainboom, she could reach Mach 1....now thanks to Sonic's help her Sonic Rainboom instantly accelerated her to Mach 2. She could now keep up with Spike....yet Sonic could still match her speed running backwards.

She at least was proud of her title of "fastest flier in Equestria". As Sonic pointed out, he didn't have wings, so he couldn't be a flyer. Tails could only reach near Mach 1, and Spike could only reach his top speed on the ground, as flying slowed him to Mach 1.

It was just in time for Spike's birthday. At first Twilight was hesitant, having read about the dragon's greed and confirming about it with Zecora. Shadow then pointed out that most dragons were not "2/3rd s robot" and that the greed growth would most likely be "considered a weakness" and would have been "deleted by Metal Sonic" during the changes. That's why Spike, Twilight, and Shadow were hanging decorations for Spike's birthday party tomorrow.

Spike had found a rare Fire Ruby and had shaped it to gain the most flavor-and yet he kept the shards of the ruby. As they were setting up decorations the day before the party, Rarity had come in to check on a few things and spotted the ruby.

With Twilight not knowing how rare that gem was, Spike listened into Rarity's description of the precious jewel and discovered that she could find a greater use in it than it being a snack.

Leaping down from the ladder, Spike spun-dash as he landed to absorb the blow before standing up and walking over to it.

"Here. You have it." Spike said, placing it in her hand.

"B-but Spike...haven't you been shaping it for weeks? Why are you just giving it to me?" She said, trying to hand back the gem.

"Because you can find a greater purpose than it being a snack." Spike said, picking up a new decoration, "Besides, I think it'll look good on you."

"You....you most generous drake!" She said, prancing over and kissing him on the side of his muzzle. "I'll see you tomorrow on your birthday...Spikey-Wikey."

Spike raised his metal hand to the left side of his muzzle-where she had kissed him as she briskly walked to her home. "I guess I can just use the shards on my slice of cake."

Shadow walked up next to him, a corner of his mouth lifted up into an amused smirk. "Spikey-Wikey? You're really going to let her call you that?"

"You let Pinkie Pie and Twilight call you Shad." Spike retorted.

"At least Shad doesn't sound as childish as Spikey-Wikey". Shadow said.

"Touche." Spike said, before climbing back up the ladder and hanging the last of the decorations for his party.

"Well, that only took....half the day. It goes by much faster with three ponies instead of two." Twilight said.

As Spike wandered off to the kitchen...a dreamy look on his face, Shadow stopped Twilight.

"One second Twilight. Since when does the person having the birthday hang the decorations to their own party?" He asked, "Couldn't we have gotten Cadence to help?"

This revelation had Twilight Sparkle once again slapping her own head at the true fact. Pinkie was an exception because she always threw parties for everypony.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The next day, and the stupid grin had not left Spike's face. His party, which would occur around lunch, was only hours away and Shadow found himself feeling anxious at the thought of being in a room full of ponies-even if he knew them. Even Sonic's birthday had been held outdoors. The room it was being held in did not have a lot of dark corners for him to seclude himself in.

"Feeling anxious, Shadow?" Cadence asked.

"What? How did you?" Shadow asked.

"Being the Princess of Love let's me feel the emotions of those around me." Cadence explained...."And I think Twilight's getting a crush on you, if it makes you feel better."

Shadow's face took on a mixed expression. Part of it looked happy that somepony relatively normal liked him...and it wasn't someone with an obsession to the point of stalking. On the other hand...there was always the fact he would outlive her.

Cadence seemed to notice his discomfort and pointed to her engagement ring on her left ring finger-reminding Shadow of the fact an Alicorn was marrying a Unicorn. He would not be shown up! He was the Ultimate Life-Form! Fears were beneath him! But how would he actually....dare he say...date Twilight Sparkle.

"Hearts and Hooves day is in a couple months. It's a day where couples new and old get together for romantic outings. Before you ask, no I'm not psychic. I just sensed your confusion." Cadence said and Shadow frowned.

That emotion-sensing would be great at sensing any of those "changling" things after her...which may be why the changling Queen wanted to impersonate her....but then again it had been a great invasion of his privacy lately. But still....he'd beat that faker Sonic and be the first one at having what the locals called a "special somepony".

That's when the door swung open and a sing-song voice called out "I'm here~!"

In the doorway was Rarity, in a purple dress with a wrapped gift under his right arm and a golden necklace that had the Fire Ruby resting right above her generous bust. The dress was obviously something designed to showcase her beauty. However, Twilight definitely recalled that she did not often use purple in her dresses....especially a shade that matched her number one assistant's scales...

At this revelation, Twilight gazed upon her friend who was setting down Spike's present and was greeting the birthday colt in a overly-friendly style, grins never leaving either face. "But Spike, are you sure you'll be fine? That last dragon the girls and I met was so selfish. I couldn't bear the thought of unintentionally turning such a sweet gentledrake into something so...uncouth." Rarity said, inspecting Spike.

"Don't worry about that. The draconic greed growth was labeled a weakness and deleted by Metal Sonic himself...I guess there's something to be thankful to him for." Spike said, rubbing his hear where his three hedgehog-like spines sat.

"You shouldn't say something like that." Rarity said, frowning as her fingers over his metal chest, lingering on his turbine that was used to increase his speed.

As others finally filtered into the Golden Oaks Library during this talk, Rainbow and Sonic exchanged knowing smirks.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Cake had been cut-with Spike placing his meager shards from the Fire Ruby on it,to which Rarity's hand drifted onto the actual gemstone with a small smile on her face. Spike had opened his presents. Many of them had been something simple-like a book from Twilight, a Gem-kabob and handmade bow-tie from Rarity, blanket from Applejack, and dumbbell from Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie had brought the cake...and then had given him scale and metal polish-saying her "pinkie sense" told her that he'd need it in the future. Shadow had given him a slip of paper saying that his "true" present from him would be given later after the guests had left....and it had the diagram of Shadow's signature attack: Chaos Spear. Knuckles had the same kind of mindset as Rainbow Dash and had given him some more workout equipment. Cadence had given him reservations to a nice restaurant on Hearts and Hooves Day for two...with a small smile. Sometimes, being a princess worked in your favor. E-123 Omega had gone he same route as Twilight...a book....on fixing problems in robots.

Spike had been extremely grateful to everypony. To him, these weren't just birthday presents. They were signs that he actually belonged....that his change did not change their views of him.

The final gift was from both Sonic and Tails. Tails announced that he figured out how to recreate a naturally re-occurring object in their old world, and he Sonic had already testing the first copy of what lied within the present. Naturally, this got the ponies curious. As Spike opened the box, and were greeted with the sight of a golden ring glowing with brilliant yellow light. Sonic also appologized for Scootaloo, who was unable to attend the party due to a school project. She had, however, sent her gift-a small charm for his wrist-with Sonic.

"This is a Power Ring. It gives the user temporary power and speed boost before it runs out of power and dissipates into energy." Tails said.

"You might want to store it for now...no telling when that will need to be used." Sonic said.

With a nod, it was seemingly suck into the turbine. "Ring stored in storage, putting access on stand-by." Spike said as the party really got into motion.


As Applejack and Knuckles, Rarity, as well as Rainbow Dash and Sonic wandered off quickly to their homes, Tails and Fluttershy lingered little while before heading to Fluttershy's cottage. As they walked, a branch snapping startled Fluttershy and she jumped and grasped onto Tails. Blushing slightly at the contact, Tails returned the hug until she calmed down, and they flew off towards the cottage in order to get there faster. As they disappeared from sight, Metal Sonic emerged from the foliage, his glowing red eyes locked onto Tails. Only five words echoed from him as he disappeared back into the trees.

Life form data......Successfully copied.

Author's Note:

Metal Sonic has now started to "scan and copy" the abilities of his enemies! The danger level is rising!

And the heroes don't even know about Metal Sonic's army

Be sure to tell me what your ideas on the question I asked earlier.....

Comments ( 20 )

Good to see an update. I would say go for it on both parts. I would say about Moondancer putting moves on Spike with Rarity getting jealous before both decided to share him. So when is the big fight between Chysilis and Spike and just what Shadow is going to show Spike after the party?

4797404

What Shadow is going to show off is a powerful technique called Chaos Spear. By drawing chaos energy, the user "electrified" the energy and launches it as large, golden spearhead.

As for the fight...let's just say changlings feed on love, so why not attack on a day filled with it.

Chaos Swiss roll... Someone has watched the sonic shorts...

4797703

Postponed. We'll still see a Chrysalis fight.

4799723

That poll closed...with S winning by 1....2-1.

The new poll is what I should do with pinkie...

what about discord?

give spike the gift of mode change
you know just a thought

Pretty good story so far:twilightsmile:

This is cool no more words to describe it and I really want to see Metal Spike drawn :moustache::moustache::moustache:

I don't know it it's too late to even voice a vote for your question...but personally I would love to see if Pinkie can get to Shadow. And I do love the idea that we have Moondancer and Rarity having a little "competition :raritywink:" for Spike---I mean PRINCE Spike's hand. I actually want to see Moon a little more than Rarity because I would love to learn a little more about Spike's life between when he was hatched and when he and Twilight left for Ponyville. I mean, the stories that he can possibly have to share should be completely off the hook!!!

Um... to answer your question above, no, not anything romantic from Pinkie. Sure, she could get involved, but nothing romantic, just supporting.

no shadow and pinkie please

Plz continue this, its actually good.

6309429 I will, I'm just very busy right now.

I feel bad for Spike having to endure the process of being turned mostly robot while being awake, but honestly I'd personally love to be a cyborg if not a full robot.

MOOORRREEEEEEEEEEEEE:flutterrage:

I have clicked the like button on your story with all my heart💖 and added it to my tracking list, so please continue your story.
Some of us are waiting 5 years now.

9618842
Sorry about the wait. I have been dealing with a friend suffering from depression...it...it got bad enough for an attempted suicide

Author? Are you gonna return one day??!!

This story, along with your other great stories should be revived! :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment