• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 6,043 Views, 85 Comments

Pony heart, Dragon blood, body of Metal - The-DerpSide



Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow-along with Angel Island-are blasted by Doctor Eggman to another dimension. Now trapped there, how will they cope in a world of humanoid ponies?

  • ...
10
 85
 6,043

Rainbow's new pet: Shadow meets Cadence

So the poll for the "Spike vs Chrysalis" battle is still tied. One-to-one.

It is "Stardust Speedway Metal Sonic Boss Fight" (From Sonic Generations) As choice "S"

Or "Never Let it Go" Metal Sonic Theme (From the Sonic the Fighters arcade) As choice "N"

Anyways, I still have other themes planned out....like when Metal Sonic gets his metallic hands on a full-grown dragon! That situation will be punctuated by the theme that is one of the most famous in the "Sonic 2" Game....The Death Egg Robot!

Anyways, I'm currently working on drawing what Spike looks like as of Chapter 2. I'll put the image up when I'm finished.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rainbow Dash sighed as she finally got comfortable on a tree branch. Sonic had already gone off on a run with Scootaloo to help strengthen her wings-by having her fly during the run. It was a peaceful day; the sun was shining, birds were chirping, and there was hardly a cloud in the sky-hence why she was napping in a tree.

"HOO!" A loud owl's hoot snapped her from her sleep-like trance and she opened her rose-colored eyes....

To find herself face-to-face with an owl!

"Gah!" She shouted in surprise, jumping backward and falling off the branch; landing face-first on the ground. As she pulled her head up,she heard the familiar laugh of Pinkie Pie and she growled softly to herself and glanced over to see all of her friends.

Twilight had Owliscious, Pinkie Pie had Gummy, Rarity had Opalescence, Fluttershy had Angel Bunny, and Applejack had Winona. Even Tails was there, with a robotic fox-like dog. "Oh hello Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said, waving at her.

Rainbow Dash, however, was very confused. Why were all of her friends here with their pets (with the exception of Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles)?

"So....what are all of you doing here?" She asked.

"Oh that's right! You don't know!" Pinkie said, hefting her pet alligator up. "We have a weekly meeting about our pets and talk about our experiences raising them and sharing advice for caring for them."

"You weren't included because....well...you don't have a pet...Sorry..." Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash, however, took this as a challenge. "Well then, I'll just have to get a pet!" She said, and Fluttershy's eyes widened in excitement and joy.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Red eyes stared at purple, the former rarely blinking as the owner sized up the owner of the later. Shadow the Hedgehog stared at Princess Cadence Mi Amore Cadenza, silently taking in her appearance. She was lithe, with a pink coat and a purple mane and tail with pink and yellow stripes. Her dress parted slightly at her hips, giving glances at the blue crystal heart for her cutie mark.

Princess Cadence was slightly unnerved by his expressionless stare. She was used to being given looks of lust, greed, and/or awe. In her fiance's case, looks of love were not uncommon, but never this emotionless glance. She could feel his emotions...barely. He had curiosity, mild-humor from her "greeting" with Twilight, and she could feel his friendship with Tails, Sonic, and Knuckles and his budding friendship and appreciation for Twilight and Spike....all wrapped up under anger, frustration, and irritation. He was...different.

He also had the mostly-white jet shoes with black around the ankles and red around the bottom, smoke-grey pants and a grey shirt, where white tufts of fur jetted out near his chest by the buttons. A black and red wrist-guard was behind each Inhibitor Ring on his wrist and white gloves were on his hands. He had large eyes with red irises and tan skin around his muzzle. There were red markings around the upper corners of his eyes and his six quills had red stripes on them,standing out from his black fur.

"Well....at least I know you're a nice guy...I can at least feel your friendship with the three others from your world...and with Twilight." Cadence said, trying to get him to say something. At this his scowl deepened.

"She needs to become stronger and more capable at defending herself before I can become openly friendly." He said, "They need to be strong to be my friends."

Once again, Cadence found herself surprised at these words. She had felt...pain...when he said that. Her horn started to glow in a sky-blue aura as she approached him-gently placing her horn on his head.

"Why?" She said, as the aura surrounded them both, "Show me."

With that, Shadow was forced to relive memories he had put behind him...for the most part.

The capsule opened as Shadow dropped from it and opened his eyes. They first fell on a portly man in a white laboratory outfit with an impressive white mustache,his eye covered by glasses. Next to him was a girl in a dark-blue blouse and a light-blue dress. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes, and was smiling gently.

"It actually worked!" The man said in an aged, yet energetic voice, 'Project:SHADOW' is nearly complete!"

"Project:SHADOW?" Shadow asked,and the older man gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Shadow, my son, 'Project:SHADOW' is a project to create the Ultimate Life-Form...in more ways than one. My grand-daughter, Maria, has a rare illness where she cannot be exposed to the germs on the planet below or she would die. Oh she longs to see the world below, but until research is finished, she cannot." At this, the man sighed. "The military wanted a peacekeeping weapon, but you are more than that. You could be a living cure! Your genes could cure Maria of her illness when research is finished. Of course, you'll have to learn to control your power, but I would like Maria to have a friend she could talk to."

Weeks turned into months, and months into a year, and Shadow found himself opening up to Maria's kind-hearted personality. They would gaze at the planet below Space Colony ARK and ponder what the surface had. They would share their worries, fears, and uncertainties. Then...one day....IT happened.

The military from the planet below grew more fearful of Shadow's progressing skills-unbeknownst to the people of the Space Colony ARK, and the development of the planet-destroying Eclipse Cannon did not help those fears. The day came where the military decided to shut down the ARK....forcefully. A large military force entered the ARK, capturing or killing the researchers. Seeing the danger, Shadow grabbed Maria's hand and ran down the hallways, both of them wide-eyed in terror as three armed soldiers chased after them. They came into a capsule room, where Shadow started prepping a capsule to send her safely to the planet below. However, when he tried to bring her to it, she fooled him and dropped a capsule around him. As she prepped it for launch...the three soldiers entered the room.

"She's activating the experiment!" One shouted, as the one in the middle pulled out a metal, "L" shaped object and pulled a trigger, a loud flash emitting from it with a sound similar to thunder. Maria suddenly jerked forwards and fell to the ground with a loud cry.

"MARIA!!!!!" Shadow shouted.

"Shadow...please...help me..." She said while reaching up to the lever. "All those who live on the planet below" She gasped out, "Give them...a chance.....to be happy....Shadow, I beg of you."

"Maria!" He shouted, pounding on the glass of the escape capsule.

She pulled down the lever, launching the capsule to the planet below, her last words somehow reaching him. "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog..."

Princess Cadence gasped loudly as she pulled back, the aura fading. She knew-somehow-that she had just witnessed the murder of his first (and at the time-only) friend. Such memories were the stuff of nightmares for any other pony, and yet she never heard about Princess Luna needing to help him.

"I've put my past behind me." Shadow said, turning to gaze out the window.

"Not entirely" She said, causing Shadow to turn and face her.

"The fact you feel your friends need to be strong. You subconsciously want that...horrible event...to never happen again." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I am the Princess of Love...a emotion you've never felt like you use to with your friend a long time ago. IF you could find the magic of friendship and love, you could move on...and not bottle up your emotions-which would destroy you in the end."

"And WHO would I have a relationship with?" Shadow said, raising an eyebrow, "In case you don't know, I'M the Ultimate Life-Form. My body hasn't aged a DAY since my creation! Why would I put myself through those emotions only to outlive her?"

"That's the very question all Alicorns ask themselves. Aunt Celestia and Aunt Luna are over a thousand years old...we Alicorns stop aging once we reach a certain age...and yet...I'm getting married to a Unicorn, Twilight's older brother!"

Shadow said nothing, he just kept he eyebrow raised.

"Oh, by the way...I used to be a mere Pegasus...I got Celestia's attention through an exceptionally heroic act." She said, turning to gaze out the window before saying one last thing.

"Twilight is Aunt Celestia's prized student....just....something to think about."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rainbow Dash was not having a great time right now. In fact, she was genuinely afraid for her life. She had narrowed it down between a few fast birds.....and a tortoise that would not stay away regardless of how many times she dismissed him. To determine which one would be her pet, all of them would race through ghastly gorge with her. It had been going fine at first, with the hawk in the lead.

It had all gone downhill when a rock-slide occurred in the middle of the race. A rock had hit her in the head, knocking her out without the birds knowing-continuing on without her. She had awakened to continue on,only to find a large boulder she could not lift on her left wing-trapping her there and breaking the bones in it. Now, all she had for company was the very tortoise she dismissed as "uncool" trying (unsuccessfully) to push the boulder off her wing.

"Go on. We both know I'm going to die here." She said, urging the tortoise to continue his travels, only for him to shake his head and continue pushing the boulder.

The boulder was suddenly lifted and a very familiar voice called out "No one is dying if I can help it!" She stood up-trying not to move her broken wing-to gaze at Sonic holding up the boulder with both hands, Scootaloo on her scooter-having brought it with her-behind him.

"Time to rock and roll!" He said, suddenly curling into a ball and spinning-launching through the boulder and uncurling once he got through it and pushing off it-the impact shattering it.

"So...awesome...." Rainbow whispered as she lifted the tortoise up.

"Well then" Sonic said, picking up Rainbow Dash and angling her as to not aggravate her wing, "Best get going before your friends do think you're dead!" With that he ran off at an above-average speed...slow for Sonic.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sonic and Rainbow Dash arrived at the finish line just as their friends were about to go search for them. "Well, the Hawk won...." Fluttershy said, "And you did say you wanted the one who won the race."

"I did...but when I was trapped there, none of them could hear me...only this tortoise stayed behind to help...I'm the Element of Loyalty. Loyalty is a thing I value greatly...so I'm sorry, but I have to pick this tortoise.

The hawk nodded, used it's wing to shake the tortoise's front-leg, and slumped over.

Sonic saw this and shrugged "Well, I think the hawk is cool." Before anyone could blink, the hawk was perched on him proudly.

"I think you just got a pet, Sonic." Pinkie Pie giggled out.

"Well then...I guess I'll just name him...." As Sonic thought, memories of a group of three birds riding Extreme Gear entered his mind. "Babylon." He finished.

"This tortoise here is solid...like a Tank! I'll call him Tank....but I live in a cloud house...how will he fly?" Rainbow Dash said as Twilight grinned.

"I have an idea!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As Twilight and the others entered the library, she did her custom greeting with Princess Cadence. "Sunshine, Sunshine, Ladybirds awake. Clap you hands and do a little shake!"

Shadow smirked slightly at this, chuckling to himself in a corner.

As Rainbow Dash narrated out her friendship report for Princess Celestia-her wing already bandaged from a quick visit to the hospital-Sonic nodded slightly.

"So basically, Don't judge a book by it's cover." Sonic said, as Twilight equipped a magic-powered helicopter blade to Tank's back, strapping it to his shell.

"Yep." Rainbow Dash said, before glancing at her bandaged wing itself. "I just wish I didn't have to break my wing to learn it.

Author's Note:

I recently found out Jananimations got a "Cease and Desist" from Hasbro. This sucks, as before I joined the MLP fandom, I was teetering at the edge and "Button's Adventures" was a thing I enjoyed greatly and pushed me over-along with "Doctor Whooves". (I'm a big Doctor Who fan)

To find him forced to close off Pony animations was a blow-I can understand Hasbro having to defend their products, but "Button's Adventures" was one of the most HARMLESS part of the fandom (I've seen WAY worse...and it scares me!)

Jananimations has stated (after the got permission to re-upload "Don't Mine At Night" and "Picture Perfect Pony") that he has finished making MLP animations for good-as he wants to work at DHX or Hasbro in the future so he just quit...

A sad thing I heard was that "Hasbro doesn't hire fan animators", so he loses on that account. He did state at the end of the videos that Hasbro owned the characters (I researched Button Mash...they named him "High Score"...although I didn't see a name until after "Button's Adventures" started...even though Jananimations flashed him out more after his appearance...which lasted what...two seconds?)

I don't blame the company (completely)-after all a high-ranking individual did what he could to get him to reupload those two videos.

I blame relatively "loose" copyright laws and the Legal Department at Hasbro-which was said to "have acted without contacting the other departments" The legal department in their "C&D" DIDN'T EVEN SPELL SCOOTALOO (a character they DO own) RIGHT.

I haven't bought Hasbro items, because, well, there was a way to handle that better than "pissing off most of the fandom".

A similar thing happened to Bungie and Mircosoft after their "HALO" series started. A small internet company called "RoosterTeeth" used the game's multiplayer mode-made characters, and voice acted the characters. With that, they created a popular series called "Red vs. Blue".

While the companies were VERY within their rights to "C&D" RoosterTeeth, they didn't.

Instead, they gave RoosterTeeth a "limited license" , which allowed them to continue "Red vs. Blue" while they controlled the trademark and more people (myself included) were introduced to "HALO" through it. (I even allowed RoosterTeeth to sell DVDs of "Red vs Blue" and T-shirts of it...while some of the profits of it go to the Microsoft and Bungie /now 343Industries/..a branch that split from Bungie and continued the HALO series.)

Let's say Hasbro did what Bungie and Mircosoft did with Jananimations. If they had, they could put their license on the characters, and review the animations before they air. Jananimations would work closely with Hasbro-giving him an "in" with the company (a place he said he'd like to work at) for a future job.

If anyone wants to send my idea of a "solution" to Hasbro and the person (I can't remember his name, but he's awesome!) who looked into the situation, go ahead! I'd rather see a solution that works for everyone and puts Hasbro in a more-positive light with the MLP fans....

After all, HALO and Red vs. Blue are still working well today, subtle "easter eggs" of Red vs. Blue are worked into the game and Red vs. Blue advertises the HALO games. It's a win-win!

(I'm posting this author's note here and now because:

a) I don't have a YouTube account so I can't spread it at "the source of the conflict"

b) Because I don't have a YouTube account, I just recently found out though it happened on March 21st of this year

c) There's a divide amongst fans between "blame and hate Hasbro", "Blame the laws", and "don't blame anyone". I'd like to remind MLP fans that-unless they sell the series to another company, if Hasbro dies then MLP dies as well! I'd like a solution that eases tension between the MLP fans and the company personally.