• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 720 Views, 15 Comments

Room Mares - TJW



Twilight is filled with excitement to start up at the College for Talented Unicorns and loves every second of it... up until she meets her new room mate.

  • ...
4
 15
 720

The Freshmare

"OH MY GOSH I'M SOOOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!" Twilight stood at the mouth of the large steel-built gate that allowed entrance to the next stage of her educational life, Canterlot College for Gifted Unicorns, or CCGU. The other Sparkles were right behind her, surrounded by the many suitcases filled with 'essentials' that Twilight felt she needed to get the most out of her time here.

"Oh man, my little sis is all grown up and off to college, I can hardly believe it, I'm so proud of you Twily!" Shining pulled Twilight in for a strong embrace, burying his head in her neck to hide the liquid pride coming from his eyes

"We're all proud of you Twilight," her parents were next to join the hug, "make sure you write to us all about it, at least once a week!"

"I will, I promise" Twilight assured, "wow, it seems like just yesterday since Shining here joined the royal guard academy, now I'm off too, I know this must be hard for you mum and dad"

"Oh we'll be fine! As long as you write to us and come to visit us on the holidays, you will visit right?" Her parents here side by side, almost giving puppy dog eyes at Twilight.

"I promise, but as for now, I think I have to go, goodbye everypony" Twilight waited for one more group hug with the family before trotting down the path, the cart containing all her stuff being pulled along in her magic,

"Hey! Don't forget about me!" A muffled voice could be heard behind Twilight, she turned around to see one of her bags unzipping, and a small purple dragon came tumbling out.

"I'd never forget about you Spike, you forget that I hatched you at a school for magic, you can't think I wouldn't want to bring you back to one." Twilight spoke with a soft tone and invited the small dragon over.

Spike hopped up onto Twilight's back, a slightly more comfortable form of transportation and the two continued on towards the large administration building at the end of their path. From looking around, the campus grounds were very well kept, along with other students who seemed to be friendly and inviting

Looking up at the building, Spike was practically bouncing with shear excitement at the prospect of what lay ahead, that feeling of anticipation for new experiences, "this is gonna be so much fun Twilight! I can already imagine all the fun stuff we're gonna be doing!"

"Sure Spike, but remember I told you that the main building is for unicorns only, so you'll have to stay in the separate dorm there with the animals"

"I'M NOT AN ANIMAL TWILIGHT!" Spike clearly infuriated by the unexpected insult that Twilight had subconsciously issued

Upon realising her mistake, she halted immediately, hastily trying to elaborate on her statement, "Wait, that's not what I meant Spike! I didn't say YOU were an animal! I just meant that it's the rules of the school, believe me I want more than ever to have you stay with me! However this is the College for gifted UNICORNS, so any non unicorns aren't aloud to be within the main school. Also it just so happens that the non students that stay in this dorm are usually either animals that belong to the students, or students' companions and friends, like you. I did tell you all this earlier!"

Spike's mood cooled, although he didn't exactly like it, this did seem to be fair, "yeah, yeah I remember! It still sucks though, I mean there's no way anypony else in this dorm is gonna be as awesome as I am!" He stated, in an all too serious tone, "but I guess I can still try to make friends".

"That's the spirit Spike, now come on, let's get signed in"

--------------------------------

The receptionist skimmed through the long list of names on the clipboard help up within her magic, while Twilight and Spike stood patiently. "Ah, Twilight Sparkle, here you are. You room is already prepared, number 666 and your room mate moved in earlier today," she shifted her vision down towards Spike, giving a fairly condescending smirk towards the dragon that one would give to a small puppy, then returned her view towards Twilight, "I'm sorry, but non students are not allowed..."

"Yes, we know" Twilight interrupted, "Don't we Spike?"

Spike kicked the ground, clearly not yet fully satisfied by the justification of this rule, grumbling under his breath, "yeah, sure, whatever."

The receptionist gave the dragon one more cheerful yet undermining grin, before diving behind her desk. When she rose back up, she was levitating a thick metallic key in her magic, with a large label which had printed on it the number 666. "I'll have somepony escort your cute little friend here to the non student dorm, then I'll bring up your luggage. As for you Twilight, feel free to head up to your room whenever you're ready dear".

Twilight grasped the key in her mouth, a peculiar action for most unicorns, then placed it into one of the pouches in her saddle bag, "thank you so much for your help, Miss..."

"Mrs Fondlesworth, I have a husband. Anyway enjoy your stay here Miss Sparkle".

"Oh I'm sure I will! Goodbye Spike, see you soon!" Twilight gleefully hopped away from the desk and headed the grand staircase leading to her dorm.

----------------------

Twilight breezed down the corridor, examining each and every room number as she passed, "664...665...666. Aha, he we go!" She sat at the door, feeling a strange mix of ecstasy and anxiety, which accumulated deep within her stomach. She hesitated at the door, mentally building herself up. "Come on Twilight, be friendly, remember, first impressions are EVERYTHING!"

Placing the key into the lock, she swung the door open to be presented with a mixed image. On one half of the room, it was completely empty, nothing but a bed and a side table which had been vacated for her arrival. On the other half, a large collection of various different items that made Twilight feel as if a large scale production was about to take place here, such as smoke bombs, fireworks and streamers. Then, centre of the room sat her room mate, perched in front of the generically shaped window and gazing out at the campus. She was a light blue unicorn with a white mane and a cutiemark of a wand and crescent moon. The unicorn was lost in her thoughts, completely unaware of Twilight's prescence.

Twilight carefully approached the unicorn and lightly tapped her on the shoulder, "ahem... I'm your nee room mate, err... my name is Twilight Sparkle, and who are you?"

The unicorn twitched slightly, before turning around to meet Twilight's eyes. An eery grin crept across her face which made Twilight feel uncomfortable, "ha, it seems you have the privilege of sharing a room with the likes of I, the Great, and Powerful, Trixie!"

Author's Note:

To anyone who is reading this for the second time, this is a resubmission due to a large number of changes I made to avoid any confusion with regards to Spike.