• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,723 Views, 61 Comments

Better Lairs and Landscaping - Titanium Dragon



Tirek's free subscription to Better Lairs and Landscaping nearly led to the end of Equestria as we know it.

  • ...
4
 61
 1,723

Day 371095

Lord Tirek sat in his prison of steel and stone, staring out across the hellish landscape. "Ah, another lovely day in Tartarus," he whispered to himself. "Yes, a lovely day in—"

The rustling of paper underhoof interrupted his daily ritual. A downward glance revealed the source of the noise; his hoof sat in the center of the "magazine", the green garden on the cover shimmering dully in the light of the fires of the underworld. Growling, he flicked the thing away from himself, the thin periodical striking the far end of his cage with a quiet thump before falling to the ground. He snorted; they would not make a fool of him.

"Now, where was I?" He narrowed his eyes before slamming his frail arms into the bars of his cage as fruitlessly as ever. "I, Lord Tirek, will not rot away in this cage and be forgotten!" No, that wasn't right, he was mixing up his lines.

Lord Tirek reached up to grasp at the bars with his withered hands, but even as he pulled on his cage of steel, he knew that his heart wasn't in it today, not really.

"I will not allow these ponies to divert me. I shall gain my freedom, and then, they will be mine."