• Published 21st May 2014
  • 713 Views, 12 Comments

Doctor Whooves Stories: Episode 4: The Silver Army - puropogo



The Doctor and Derpy land in 1518 CE, when Equestrian armies are fighting a war. But in the middle of the war, another enemy appears, these one came from the Doctor's past.

  • ...
2
 12
 713

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

July 20, 1518 CE, 7:30 am, Changeling Shoe Shop Ruins.

The air raid alarm went off. The Doctor, Sharp Tooth and Starry Beat left the building to proceed with their investigations.

"Situation normal. I'll try to contact the colonel to receive new orders." Sgt Beat said.

A worried Doctor looked on the skies. "Where's Derpy?"

"She should be fine. " Corporal Tooth said to the Doctor. "She is with Lt. Mist."
"She's not with me." Sparkling Mist landed near them. "I lost contact to her during the raid."
"What?"
"It's not my fault, she didn't listen to me."
The Doctor yelled angry to him "Where is she? Where is she?"
"Don't worry Doctor, we'll arrange a search party for her." Corporal Tooth said.
"If she's not alright, you'll make me your enemy, Mist. And trust me, you don't want to do that. Come on, we have to find Derpy.."

July 20, 1518 CE, 8:30 am, Changeling House Ruins.

Derpy found herself in the ruins of a house. She realized that she had crashed after the griffon attack and she fell through the ceiling, so she decided to leave the house and reunite with the Doctor or Lt. Mist.

SNAP!

An unsupportable and painful feeling came from Derpy's right wing, pass through her body and arrived to her brain. She had broke her wing, so she couldn't fly back home. She got only one option: she must walk to the base. Thankfully, the air raid alarm ceased to ring, so probably there won't be more griffons. That was just Derpy's thinking.

When she left the ruined building, she saw in the middle of the street the bodies of ponies and griffons laying there. She guessed that nopony there was alive.

"He… Help me!"

She heard a slight voice from behind her. She turned her head but couldn't see nopony talking.

"Help me!"

She saw a dying griffon asking for help. She considered running away from him, after all ponies are fighting a war against the griffons, but she couldn't leave him. First of all, she didn't know why the war began, and second, even if she knew what could have happened between ponies and griffons, she couldn't leave anybody injured to die. So she got closer to the griffon.

"What happened to you?"
"My… my wings are broken, my legs are hurt. Please, please don't let me die here."

Derpy was hesitating for a couple of seconds. She knew she could get into trouble, but decided it was the best. "No, I won't." She put his arm on her back. "What's your name?"
"Gerrard."
"Derpy. My wings are broken too, but I can walk."
"Thank you, Derpy."

Derpy was carrying Gerrard to the main camp. They were walking the empty streets of the Changeling Kingdom when they heard a metallic noise coming from the debris.

"Did you hear that, Gerrard?"
"Yes, I heard that."
"What do you think it is?"
"I don't know, it's not griffon or pony made."

They continued on their path, but a couple of minutes later they heard a noise again. This time it was the sound of metallic steps coming to their direction.

"Who's there?" Derpy yelled, but nothing answered her back, just the sounds of the steps getting closer. "We need medical help! My wing is hurt but he's worse. I know he is a griffon but still…" then she could see the figure who was walking to her. It was a silver metallic pony, with a handle on its head and no mane. Its eyes were smaller than those of a regular pony.

"You have been found compatible, you'll be upgraded." The figure said with a monotone voice.

Derpy started to run with Gerrard on her back. The creature started to walk faster and getting closer to them. Gerrard took his gun and started to shoot to the creature in vain.

"It's not working," Gerrard said, "and we got more company."

Another strange silver pony came from behind a door and started to chase Derpy and Gerrard.

"Derpy… leave me here."
"What? Are you nuts?"
"Those things will capture both of us if you don't release me!"
"I won't leave you alone!"
"Come on! I'm not even a pony, why would you help me?"
"Because I must do! I don't care if you are a pony, a griffon, a changeling or anything, you are hurt and I can leave you alone!" Derpy yelled at him. "Try to hold on!" She spotted a broken window in one of the old houses and quickly run straight to it.

"Stop it!" The silver ponies commanded to her, but she didn't listen until an explosion stopped her race. "If you move you'll be considered unfit to upgrade and you will be deleted!"

Derpy turned her head to see a squad of silver ponies, one of them was pointing her with its hoof. Derpy sighed, she turned her head, and looked to the window. She looked back to the silver ponies and gave them a defiant smile. "You are in trouble. My help just arrived."

The window was shattered, and from it the Doctor and the soldiers that were accompanying him came.

"I'm so happy you are ok." The Doctor said to Derpy, but then turned his head to the silver ponies that were pointing their hooves to them.

"Doctor, what are those?" Corporal Tooth asked.
"They are the responsibles for the disappearance of your soldiers."
"According to the Equestrian Laws, you, the… silver ponies, you are under arrest. Now put your hooves in the ground and follow us."
"Hostile elements will be deleted." One of the silver ponies said.
"I said move!"
"Hostile elements will be deleted."
"I SAID MOVE!"
"DELETE!" A light beam was shot from the silver pony hoof and hit Sgt. Starry Beat in the chest.

"No!" Corporal Tooth started to shoot his gun to the silver ponies "They are bulletproof!"
"Stop shooting then! Try with your magic blasts!" The Doctor said. Sharp Tooth started to shoot magic beams to them.
"It doesn't work!" The silver ponies started to shoot to them.
"Try harder! That's all we got!" Sharp Tooth horn was shining with a bright green aura, and then a magic blast was shot from it, destroying one of the silver ponies.

"Oh, gosh." Sharp Tooth unicorn appearance faded away, making him to look like a changeling again. "We've got to run."
"Good idea, they can't run and shoot us." Doctor helped Derpy to carry Gerrard, while Sparkling Mist helped Sharp Tooth to carry Starry Beat body.

They began to run to the Equestrian Base Camp, with some of the silver ponies chasing them. Before they arrived to the base entry, a rocket was fired from the ceiling of one of the buildings destroying them.

"We must avoid those creatures to enter the camp!" A female voice came from the ceiling.
"Nate! It's a pleasure to see you again." The Doctor screamed to the colonel in the ceiling, "We got three injured ponies here."
"That's not a pony! We should leave him here!" Sparkling Mist said.
"We can't leave Gerrard here to die!" Derpy protested.
"Those griffons won't help an injured pony if they found it. They would kill it! We should kill him before he says where we are hiding." Mist insisted.

"Talk like that again and you'll be demoted!" Colonel Samus said to Mist. "He deserves to live just like any of us"
"But he could be a spy!"
"You have a point there. Cover his eyes! We are entering the camp." Samus ordered.

July 20, 1518 CE, 10:00 am, Equestrian Base Camp.

A medical pony was covering Derpy's wings while she was looking to the other injured ponies.

"They are going to be ok?"
"The griffon and the changeling will be ok, but Sgt. Starry Beat couldn't make it." The medical officer explained to Derpy.
"I'm sorry Derpy. I should have stopped that pony from taking you to the battle." The Doctor said.
"It's ok." Derpy smiled to the Doctor. "I don't think I can fly for a moment but I can't blame you on that."
"Still, I feel terrible. I could have stopped this."
"Don't feel bad Doctor. If somepony should apologise it's me." Colonel Samus said. "I've got to say this, Derpy. You were brave there, and you helped someone injured. You are a wonderful pony."

"Thanks." Derpy got up from her bed and walked with the Doctor and Samus away from the infirmary.

"Do you know what those creatures are?" Derpy asked.
"Yes. They come from my universe." The Doctor said, gasping everyone. "Cybermen."
"Cybermen?"
"Cyberhorses or cyberponies. I think they still call themselves cybermen."
"What do you mean with 'your universe'?" Samus asked to the Doctor.
"Have I told you that I came not just from another planet but from a parallel universe as well?"
"What? Are you crazy?"
"He's telling the truth. And yes, he is crazy." Derpy said.

"Look, from my universe, the cybermen are one of the most dangerous monsters ever made. They were once normal people, normal ponies, but they underwent a drastic change so they could live forever. They change most of his biological parts with mechanical ones, and their goal is to upgrade or convert any life form into a cyberman."

"Ok, that's hard to believe! I can't believe you are not from this planet and neither those cybermen."
"You don't believe that, don't you?" The doctor went back to the infirmary, and returned to the Colonel Samus carrying a stethoscope. "Put this." Samus put the stethoscope in her ears, and the Doctor took the bell to his chest. "What do you hear?"

"I'm hearing one heartbeat." The Doctor moved the stethoscope bell to the other side of his chest. "That's impossible."

"How many ponies do you know that have two hearts?"

"But… but…"

A laser beam was shot from behind them. Some of the soldiers run to the entry where they saw the watchman walking to them, accompanied by a cybermen squad.

"Silence!" one of the cybermen said to the soldiers, "Anyone who moves will be killed instantly."

Author's Note:

I'm calling them cybermen instead of cyberponies. I'm doing it in that way because I think they would call themselves cybermen even if they don't look like men at all. Even in the DW/ST comic, when they upgrade the Judoon, they didn't call themselves "cyberjudoons" or "cyberrhinos", they still called themselves cybermen. But if you don't like it, tell me and I'll change it.

Any comments or any suggestions are received.