• Published 21st May 2014
  • 713 Views, 12 Comments

Doctor Whooves Stories: Episode 4: The Silver Army - puropogo



The Doctor and Derpy land in 1518 CE, when Equestrian armies are fighting a war. But in the middle of the war, another enemy appears, these one came from the Doctor's past.

  • ...
2
 12
 713

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

July 20, 1518 CE, 5:30 am, Changeling Kingdom Ruins.

Since the radio contact, there weren't news about the missing soldiers. They weren't he first soldiers who had disappeared, though. Sometimes, close to the morning and the evening, the soldiers who weren't in the camp base vanished without a trace. This strange incident had been happening the last weeks and nopony who disappeared have been seen back again.

So, when the Doctor and Derpy appeared just from nowhere, that caught the attention of the patrol units, who took them to the camp base so they can be questioned.

"There will be tea?" The Doctor asked.
"Shut up! The Colonel has some words with you!" One of the soldiers replied.
"The Colonel? The colonel would have tea with us?"
"Shut up."

They arrived to a tent, where a guard was watching them from the distance.

"Sergeant Starry Beat! Why did you bring up here these two ponies?"
"Hi, I'm the Doctor."
"Shut up!" Beat yelled at the Doctor. "Private Snow, these ponies appeared from nowhere. I'm taking them to interrogation."
"Sure, enter."

They entered into the tent, where the Doctor and Derpy just could watch an empty chair, a table with a glass of water.

"Are you gonna interrogate us right here?"
"No, not here." The unicorn who caught them said. Lighting his horn, a door appeared below them. He then opened and ordered the Doctor and Derpy to follow the stairs below them.

July 20, 1518 CE, 5:35 am, Equestrian Base Camp.

Upon reaching the lower level, they saw another door, this time was open from the inside, where they saw more ponies, some of them talking with computers, others running with papers, and others grabbing guns and getting ready for the battle.

The guards send the Doctor and Derpy to a room in the base where they would be interrogated.

"Sit here! The colonel will be here in any moment." The unicorn said to them. They were waiting some minutes until a female unicorn entered the room. She had a very pale amber coat with a smooth brilliant amber mane. She was wearing a dark gray jacket with a medal with two golden stars and a golden waxing crescent moon.
"You must be the Colonel, right?"
"How do you know?" Derpy asked.
"My medal." The Colonel said. "Look, the Colonel rank has two golden stars and the crown symbol, which is this moon. A higher rank would have another star and a lower one would have just one star and the moon."
"Ohh."
"Ok. Do you know why are you here?"
"No." The Doctor answered. "And I don't think we should be here." The Doctor pulled his psychic paper and showed to the Colonel.
"It's blank."
"I'm sorry, what did you say?"
"Your paper. It's blank."
"Really?" The Doctor turned his head to his companion. "What does it says, Derpy?"
"It says: 'Sir Doctor from the TARDIS, Miss Derpy Doo.' It's not in blank."
"You two, the ponies who brought us here, what does it says?"
"The same thing your friend said" The unicorn soldier said.
"I think the same." The other soldier said. The Doctor showed back his psychic paper to the Colonel, who still saw it in blank and told that to the Doctor while he was putting it back to his pocket,.
"Genius. Really genius. How do you know it is blank?"
"Easy. I was trained with psychic paper before."
"Psychic Paper?" The unicorn soldier said.
"Brand new, Corporal Tooth. I'll tell you later what is this about."
"There is no point on lying. I'm the Doctor, she's my friend Derpy Doo. We are time travellers and we come in a time machine, the blue box near the Library. We have no idea why you put us here, but I'm telling you that we are not meant to harm any of you. I swear."
"You lie!" The unicorn, Corporal Tooth, said. "That's the most unbelieveable lie I've ever heard on my life, and I've heard a lot."
"Maybe these ponies are spies of the enemy." The earth pony claimed. "Who sent you? Gaulle? Gilda? Gustave? Vladimir?"
"Hey, that one doesn't start with a 'g'." The Doctor said.
"Answer him!"
"But we told you the truth!" Derpy exclaimed.
"Silence!" The Colonel said, and everyone keep quiet. "These two ponies are telling the truth."
"What? How do you know Colonel?"
"I performed a truth spell in this room. There was no way nopony inside the room would lie."
"So… we are not in trouble, right? Can we leave?"
"Who said that? We are in war. We need all the ponies we can get."
"I'm sorry, but we won't…"
"I guess you can't help us since most of our soldiers vanished without trace." The Colonel closed and opened her eyes quickly.
"Ok, you got all my attention. But I'll do it for the lost soldiers, not for the look you gave me."
The Colonel chuckled at the commentary of the Doctor. "I am the Colonel Nate Samus."
"And I am the Doctor, nice to meet you."
"Follow me, Doctor."
They left the interrogation room and moved where the other ponies were working.

"The ponies who brought you here are Corporal Sharp Tooth and Sergeant Starry Beat. Over there is the Flight Lieutenant Sparkling Mist."
"Nice to meet you." A pegasus salute them. He had a very pale cornflower blue coat, with a light brilliant orange mane with light brilliant amber stripes.
"I'm the Doctor, and she is Derpy Doo."
"Lieutenant Mist," Colonel Samus interrupted, "Derpy is a pegasus, maybe she could help you in your routine."
"Routine? What kind of routine?" Derpy asked.
"We need pegasi for surveillance and reconnaissance missions."
"There are no planes or machines that perform that task?" The Doctor asked.
"Our planes are not as fast as the pegasi. Plus, if a plane is taken down, there are more lives in danger that just a pegasus."
"I don't know." The Doctor said. He was concerned about Derpy safety.
"Don't worry, everything will be alright. I won't have to shoot nothing, right?"
"No, you won't. As soon as you follow my orders nothing would happen to you." Lieutenant Mist said to Derpy.
"Are you sure?" The Doctor said to Derpy. "It's really dangerous."
"It's ok. My task is to take photos of the Changeling Kingdom and report to the Colonel about our positions and that of the enemy." Mist explained to the Doctor and Derpy.
"Ok, Derpy. Beware of the changelings."
"Changelings? The changelings are not the enemy. It's the griffons."
"Griffons? Be careful, Derpy."
"Thank you Doctor."
"Come on Derpy. You'll need this…"

Sparkling Mist and Derpy were talking in another stand while the Doctor, Corporal Sharp Tooth and Sergeant Starry Beat were preparing for the mission of their own.

"Look Doctor," Sharp Tooth levitated an old pergamin to the Doctor, "this is an old map of the Changeling Kingdom."
"It's dusty." The Doctor blown the dust from the paper, making Sharp Tooth sneeze and, in a green flash, changing from a unicorn with a cream coat to a black changeling.
"A Changeling!" Derpy screamed.
"A gray pegasus with googly eyes!" Sharp Tooth screamed back. "It hurts, right?"
"Ok, we learned a couple of things about racism, I mean, breedism. What is the right term?" The Doctor asked.
"But… but… but…"
"Remember Honeydew, Derpy. Not all changelings are evil."

"Thank you, Doctor." Sharp Tooth said, changing back to his unicorn disguise. "Like I was saying, the last signal came over here, close to the point where we find you. They told us that they were going to stay in this shop."
"What are we waiting for? Allons-y."
"Doctor, do you know how to use a gun?"
"That kind of gun? No, I don't know how do you use that without thumbs. Do I want to use a gun? No."
"But"
"No guns. That's how I work. Plus, I've got my sonic screwdriver. That's all I need."
"If you say so."

July 20, 1518 CE, 6:00 am, Changeling Shoe Shop Ruins.

The Doctor and the soldiers arrived at the Shoe shop. They were explaining to the Doctor the situation about the soldiers, making emphasis that they were missing and the signal destroyed.

"There are no signals of our soldiers from this point. We don't have any feather or hair that can lead us to them. Not even magic signal. Doctor?" They noticed the Doctor sniffing a crushed flower. "Doctor? Could you stop sniffing that flower?"
"Why? This flower it's telling me more about what happened that you two."
"How?"
"Easy. Do you see how is it?"
"Crushed?"
"Not just crushed, almost pulverised. How do you think it got like that?"
"Well, something stepped on it."
"Exactly. And according to my estimation of the resistance of vegetable fibre, it was stepped on by something that weighed, at least, 150 kilogrammes."
"What?"
"150 kilogrammes. 330 pounds. My weight is 121 pounds, so were looking for something that weighs three times a regular pony."
"Do you know all of that by sniffing a crushed flower?"
"I'm telling you. I'm the Doctor. Now, what kind of creature would take away two ponies without being sighted? It must be fast, quick and capable of shutting off signals."
"Griffons?"
"No, I don't think so. The Griffons are heavy, but I don't think they are that heavy."
"A manticore? An Ahuizotl? A chimera?"
"Anyone of that creatures can interfere with communication signals?" The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "Come on, what would be?"

Suddenly they started to hear a siren sound.

"Doctor, come here!"
"What? What is it?"
"An air raid. The griffons are here!"
"Wait, Derpy!"
"As long as she follows Lt. Sparkling Mist orders, she will be fine. Plus, the pegasi are usually faster than griffons."
"I hope you're right. I hope she's alright."

July 20, 1518 CE, 6:00 am, Changeling Kingdom Skies.

"Do you see that?" Sparkling Mist pointed a location to Derpy. "That's one of our camps. You must take a photo from that place, got it?"
"Got it!" She took her camera and took a photo of the place.
"Now we must go to the north. That was the last spot of the griffons."
"Why are we going there?"
"To see damages and how far the griffons have come to this place. Plus, there must be injured soldiers."
"Ok" Suddenly she heard a siren sound. "What was that?"
"Air Raid Alarm. Follow me and you'll be safe!"

The two pegasi were flying lower, trying to arrive to one of the houses on Changeling Kingdom, but the explosions in mid air forced them to fly higher.

"Derpy, Look out!" Lt. Mist saw a griffon squad getting closer to them. They were pointing their claws to the pegasi. "UP!"

Some of the griffons started to chase Derpy, they were behind their quarters when she heard instructions on her radio.

"Do a barrel roll! Do a barrel roll!"
"How I do that?"
"You don't know how to do a barrel roll?" Lt. Mist said. "Can you see me?"

Derpy was trying to find him between the clouds, until she noticed him. "Yes, I can see you!"

"See this and do what I do! Quick!"

Lt. Mist then did a barrel roll, he started to roll and ascend to the clouds until Derpy couldn't notice him, and suddenly she saw him plummeted to her level.

"That's a barrel roll! Now do it!"

Derpy heard shootings at her back so she tried to do the same thing, but in the clouds an explosion knocked her out and she started to fell to the ground.

CRASH!