• Published 21st May 2014
  • 713 Views, 12 Comments

Doctor Whooves Stories: Episode 4: The Silver Army - puropogo



The Doctor and Derpy land in 1518 CE, when Equestrian armies are fighting a war. But in the middle of the war, another enemy appears, these one came from the Doctor's past.

  • ...
2
 12
 713

Chapter 1

Episode 4: The Silver Army

Chapter 1

July 19, 1518 CE, 7:45 pm, Changeling Kingdom Ruins.

The night was coming to the remains of the once great Changeling Kingdom. The sounds of bombs and shootings were accompanying the evening. Two earth soldiers were walking through the ruins, trying to arrive to the camp base. One of them was hurt in his forehoof. Seeing that they can't move faster, the other pony grabbed his radio to contact help.

"Lance Snafu to base! Lance Snafu to base! Answer me!"
"Base to Snafu, we are hearing you. What's the situation?"
"Private Fubar is hurt. A land mine exploded close to us. We need a doctor! Quick!"
"Gave us your position, we'll go as fast as we can."
"We… We are close to the Old Changeling Library. We'll stay in the shoe shop in front of it."
"Got it, we are going there, over."

After the communication ended, Lance Snafu carried Private Fubar to the shoe shop. There, Lance checked the injures Fubar got from the explosion.

"Don't leave me alone. Please." Fubar begged to him. The young amber earth pony was 22 when he enlisted to the Royal Guard. Now, with 26, he didn't think of all the horrors he would see when the war began.
"I won't. Don't worry." Lance Snafu answered him. He was older, with 39 the persian blueish gray stallion was more trained than his partner. Still, he was surprised as many others when the war began. He hoped the situation would be fixed in a couple of days, but time passed and they were in the fourth year of fighting. "Do you have family?"
"A wife and a foal."
"A wife and a foal? I think the second one came before the first."
"Hehe, yeah. I love them with all my heart. She must be at home baking all kinds of desserts and sweets to my colt. He loves muffins. They are his favorites."
"Who doesn't loves muffins?"
"Yeah. What about you, Snafu?"
"Well, I've got a girlfriend, she has a son and she loves to bake muffins."
"What?"
"Just kidding! Hehe, I do have a fillyfriend, she works as a seamstress in the Carousel Boutique in Trottingham."
"If we could get out of here, could you give me a dress to my wife? She loves those designs but we can't afford them."
"I'll talk to my fillyfriend." They heard a window crack on the back of the shop. "What was that?"
"A crack. That must be the medical team."
"Why they didn't call on the radio that they arrived? Stay here, I'll check."
"Please, don't leave me."
"Don't worry, I'll be back." Saying this, Snafu took his gun and walked to the back of the shop.

Fubar was getting anxious. With his broken leg, he couldn't move. He was thanking Luna that it wasn't one of his front legs, so he could still use his gun and shoot the enemy if he would come closer. But the anxiety growed more when he heard shootings in the back of the shop, and then silence. He knew something was wrong. He took his gun and pointed to the door behind him.

"Snafu? Snafu, is that you?" Nothing but silence answered him. "Snafu, why did you shoot?" Suddenly, he started to hear steps coming to his direction. Those steps didn't sound like the ones made of the hooves of an earth pony. "Who's there? I'm warning you that I'm armed, and I was trained by the most prestigious Military School all over Equestria, so if you come here and try to attack me, you'll be the one who… who…"

In front of Fubar there was a pony-like figure. There was no mane on it, and its leg was quite short for a pony. Its eyes were small compared with the ones of a pony, it was silver and looked firm, like if it was wearing an armature. Its cutie mark had a strange design, he didn't know what it was or what it mean. It had a handle over his head.

"Who… Who are you? Where is Lance Snafu?" The figure didn't respond. "Who are you?"
"You are compatible."
"What?"
"Your brain is fine. We'll remove your pain, we'll remove your fear. we'll remove your emotions. You'll be upgraded. You'll be one of us."
"What? I don't want to be… ahh!" Fubar tried to move, but his foreleg still was hurt by the explosion.
"There is no need of your leg. You'll have a new mechanic body." The figure started to move in the direction of the hurt stallion, who took his gun and shot to the figure, with no success. "You have been found compatible."
"Get away from me!" He continued to shoot to the figure, until his ammo went out. Then he noticed another figure coming from the back of the door.
"Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade!"
"No, no, NOOOOOOO!"

Author's Note:

I wanted to name one of them "Redshirt", but that was too obvious.

Anyway, enjoy it.