• Published 30th May 2014
  • 751 Views, 29 Comments

Double Dragon: Shadow over Equestria - Scarlett Haze



Billy and Jimmy Lee have led hard lives. Marian has been rescued from the clutches of Skullmageddon and she plans on staying out of trouble in New York. But trouble has a way of finding the trio, even if its not earthly.

  • ...
4
 29
 751

Mission 0 - The Opening Cutscene

In New York City, after a long and hard nuclear war, came two brothers that served as teachers of self-defense in a ravaged city; only beginning to pick up whatever pieces of its past up and setting up areas for new and greater things.

These two brothers found a common bond in their training of Sou-Setsu-Ken and trained hard to gain their respective titles as Masters. At 20 years of age, both of these twin brothers found another common bond in a police officer that attends their classes, Marian Kelly. Both of them were stricken with her beauty and soon realized that if one were to approach her, the other would surely attack.

The tension kept the brothers from each other until the fateful day that the Shadow Warriors had kidnapped Marian, in the hopes of gaining the secrets to Sou-Setsu-Ken. After they had saved her, both could resist no longer and began attacking one another, fighting for the love of Marian. The battle of wits and strength ended with a brother left alone and the other with the love of his life.

That love between he and Marian was severed with many bullets as Marian would be struck down by the returning Shadow Warriors, causing the man to weep for his loss. As the brother heard of this tragedy, he found his brother and lifted him up, promising to give vengeance to Marian's murderers. The journey was difficult, but both brothers put an end to the Shadow Warriors for good. With the illusionist, Shadow Master, fallen, the brothers went back to Marian. Her eyes began to flutter and then opened. "If two dragons soar through the sky, an angel will fall to the earth."

With the return of Marian, the brothers vowed to not allow this to happen again. They trained for two years in the greater martial arts to protect the one they loved. On their return, the journey was put on a path around the world in search for the Rosetta Stones. They met many friends and defeated many foes on the journey to find the world's strongest warrior, and soon came face to face with what they had thought to be Cleopatra. After defeating the named Princess Noiram, the brothers were horrified to learn that it was Marian.

Returning to New York, the brothers remained quiet until Marian came rushing to them with troubling news. The Shadow Warriors had returned and they had begun abducting martial arts students. Their journey led them around New York's underground until they had found the new leader. An old friend of the past had changed his ways and made the brothers question themselves. Having defeated the dark soul, the friend passed on, leaving the brothers to go silent once more.

It was only by a magical skeleton and his army that the brothers were once more thrown into action. The brothers blazed a path through Skullmageddon, a Mecha Biker, a Killacopter, a Giant Tank, Bimmy and Jammy, Marian II, Evil Marian, and finally Giga Skullmageddon. Along the way, no place could stop their single-minded goal. In the end, the brothers faced each other once more. Though one was declared a winner, Marian did not repeat her mistake in the beginning. Marian promised them both that when she was ready, she would choose the right man.

Now they wait for the next challenge. The next menace. The next fight.

Billy and Jimmy Lee locked eyes with each other, burning desire between the two to be the better man.

"You're not going to defeat me this time, Billy," Jimmy determinately spoke, his fingers flexing in a wave before they crunched into a fist. He slowly lifted his left hand and tightened his fingerless glove before whipping his red, sleeveless jacket off and hung it from the back of his chair. His dark blue eyes didn't leave his younger brother's own.

"You don't have what it takes," Billy responded, flexing an arm by his side. His blue, sleeveless jacket already off and neatly folded on his own chair.

The stare-off continued for what could be described as eons between the two.

"Not this again," Marian moaned, crossing her arms over her red sleeveless dress. "It's just a pizza. You don't need to make this an eating competition."

Both Jimmy and Billy's attention turned to Marian from their chairs at the square table they sat. It was a small kitchen that Jimmy and Billy shared, having seen its fair share of playful roughhousing between the brothers.

"This is more than an eating contest, Marian," Billy began to explain. Jimmy, sensing his opening, gripped a slice and began chomping away. With that action, the contest of pizza and headlocks was underway.

Marian put a hand to her face as she watched Billy and Jimmy writhe around the table and shout at each other with half-eaten bites still in their mouths.

***

Watching this same scene, a shadowy figure with emerald eyes kept watch on Marian through a crystal ball.

"There she is. The avatar of love."

A green aura pierced into the crystal ball, putting a focus of dark magic towards Marian.

"Focus your energies to me, minions. With the avatar of love under my control, I will become stronger than any of the Princesses."

***

Marian could only watch on as the brothers clasped hands and butt heads together, each shaking with strength to finish the final slice that sat in its box.

"I'm not going to let you win, cheater!" Billy grit through his teeth.

"Cheater?" Jimmy grunted in surprise. "Bro, unless its a fight with our fists, cheating has no place here!"

Billy pulled his head back and cracked it into Jimmy's head, causing Jimmy to falter for a slight moment. "You're only saying that because you know that if I wasn't distracted with Marian, you would have failed!"

Marian's focus on the conversation was cut as she felt woozy. Attempting to grip the counter to steady herself, she felt her hand fall through. With Marian collapsing to the ground, Billy and Jimmy's struggle stopped and rushed to her.

Billy got to one side of Marian and watched as her hand and arm began to vanish. "M- Marian?!"

Jimmy noticed the same change on the other side of Marian as well. "What's going on?!"

Marian's body fully disappeared from Billy and Jimmy's arms, leaving the brothers with many questions.

***

At the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence feels something in her react. She doesn't know why, or how this reaction occurred, but a growing pit of fear begins to brew within her. She moves toward the crystal heart, as it slows its spin. All she asks the heart is, "What has happened?"

The heart reveals its own vision to her. A dark figure taking a pink energy from a pony and raising it up, a silent laugh from it as it pours the essence into itself.

Cadence's eyes glow white, understanding the crystal heart's message. "A monster of no compassion will tear the very essence of love from its protector. Should this monster consume it, no creature on earth can stop it."

The laughing figure in the heart's vision stops and reacts in shock as it points to the sky. From the clouds above, intertwining dragons rumble above before striking forward towards the dark beast.

"But, from the heavens, the guardians of the avatar will descend. Both great rivals of each other, and the greatest of friends." Cadence continued, now being watched by her subjects as she begins to float. "When the Double Dragon soars from above, they will come for their love."

Author's Note:

Insert Game Start screen here. If you want a piece of music to listen to, then try this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaw1Dro7W3I