• Published 3rd May 2014
  • 5,788 Views, 63 Comments

Smashed - Yoru no Seishin



Isaac was a normal guy. He heard the stories of cosplayers disappearing from cons. Turns out, everyone's a target and now he's a target of the ponies. Let's hope he doesn't croak.

  • ...
25
 63
 5,788

A new friend

(Twilight POV)

Twilight gasped as she sat up; sweat still clinging to her fur. Mild panic overcame her as she noticed she wasn’t in Canterlot Castle, but quickly calmed down as she recognized she was in Canterlot Hospital. She continued to sit as a unicorn stallion with a chestnut coat and a silver mane walked in, a stethoscope around his neck and a bandaged heart for a cutie mark.

“Good morning, Miss Sparkle. How are you feeling?”

“I feel confused. Why am I here?”

“Princess Celestia brought you here. You had a severe panic attack and had passed out. You’ve been unconscious for about 3 days.”

Twilight mentally groaned. Her magic had proven ineffective on the creature that had invaded the castle and she had broken down during the incident.

“Are my friends here?”

“Actually…”

However, the doctor was unable to finish as a pink blur zoomed in and knocked Twilight off the bed she was on.

“Twilight you’re awake! I’m so happy, because if you didn’t wake up, I couldn’t throw you a welcome back party, and if I couldn’t throw you a party, I’d get really depressed, and then I’d start having bad thoughts! Not sad thoughts, but the thoughts that scare other ponies, while putting a weird smile on my face, but I don’t have to have those thoughts because you’re okay!”

“It’s nice to see you too Pinkie.”

Twilight knew better than to question Pinkie’s antics, both the whimsical and the frightening. Pinkie herself looked pretty much the same as always, though her mane had lost some of its volume and color.

“I hate to interrupt the moment, but I assume you would like to see your other friends.”

“Oh, sorry. Thank you Doctor…”

“Second Aid.”

“Why are you Second Aid?”

“Because my father was First Aid.”

Twilight was clueless as to whether that was a joke or if his parents weren’t very creative with names. Nevertheless, Twilight and Pinkie pressed onward, wishing to comfort their friends after their defeat. First up was Applejack. As they entered the room, Applejack laid asleep, the top of her head wrapped in numerous bandages.

“Ms. Applejack? You have visitors.”

Twilight watched her slowly waken, her eyes seemingly hesitant to open.

“Howdy Twi. It’s good to -ow- see ya.” She said putting a hoof to her head.

“How are you feeling?”

“Other than the headaches, the blurry vision that makes everything look like its underwater, and the constant smell of burnt toast, Ah’m fine.”

“Dr. Aid could you tell me what’s wrong with Applejack?”

“Well Ms. Sparkle, your friend here is suffering from a mild concussion. It’s most likely caused by her crashing into one of the castle’s walls. Her condition will be good if she avoids injuring her head anymore. Think you can walk, Ms. Applejack.”

“If my legs haven’t gone to sleep on me.”

Applejack dragged herself out of bed, her legs wobbling a bit from lack of use. Though with helping hooves from Twilight and Pinkie, they moved towards the next room.

As they came to Rainbow’s room, they were met with quite the sight. Rainbow stood there, her front legs and the majority of her barrel was coated in a rather thick layer of ice. Behind Rainbow was a very irritated unicorn nurse attempting to thaw her with a fire spell.

“Are you done yet?”

“No.”

“How about now?”

“No.”

“Can we please hurry? This is so boring!”

“Yes, we can do this faster. However, increasing the temperature of the spell to do that would likely set your wings on fire.”

“Take your time.”

For the sake of the nurse’s sanity, Twilight decided not to enter the room.

“I guess only Rarity is left.”

At the sound of that phrase, Dr. Aid noticeably cringed.

“Dr. Aid? What’s wrong with Rarity?”

“I think it’s better if you see for yourself.”

As Dr. Aid opened the door, Twilight and her friends could only look in silence. Rarity lay in her bed, a vacant look in her eyes and her chest rising and dropping from very shallow breaths. However, the moment was ruined by Pinkie violently shaking Rarity.

“Wake up Rarity! For Celestia’s sake, say something!”

“Ms. Pie, please stop! I doubt Ms. Rarity would appreciate what you’re doing.”

Pinkie was hesitant stop, hoping she could bring her friend back, but ultimately decided the doctor knew what he was doing.

“So doc, what exactly is wrong with her.”

“Well Ms. Applejack, your friend here is exhibiting severe paralysis of her motor functions. She couldn’t move even if she wanted to.”

Twilight was worried. Ponies had been treated for burns from fire spells and dragon flames, poisoning from manticores, and petrification from cockatrices. Paralysis was one of those things ponies never really recovered from. However, ponies usually became paralyzed from brain or spinal cord injury, but Rarity had only been licked. The creature they fought was becoming more dangerous the longer she thought about it.

Fortunately, Twilight’s current mental processing dragged her attention to Pinkie, and she noticed something sticking out of her mane.

“Pinkie, how often do you wash your mane?”

Pinkie’s only response was a shrug.

“When we get back to Ponyville, we are having a serious discussion about personal hygiene” Twilight said as she levitated the item out of Pinkie’s mane.

The item in question was a small bag with a note. The bag held a few small red berries, a fragrant scent given off by them. Twilight began reading the note.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

First off, I’d like to commend you for noticing the bag in that bottomless pit she calls a mane. Second, the bag’s contents are Cheri berries and are the cure for your marshmallow friend. They can be ingested raw or crushed and mixed with water and served as a drink.

Sincerely,
Greninja

“Pinkie.”

“Way ahead of you Twilight.”

There was no going back as Pinkie poured the concoction down Rarity’s throat. The room was silent in anticipation. Slowly, Rarity began to regain feeling. As soon as she gained full feeling, she let out a blood curdling scream.

PS: They’re a bit spicy.

While Rarity’s screaming wasn’t the most pleasurable, there was a single word that caught everyone’s attention: Fluttershy.

Where was Fluttershy?

(Fluttershy POV)

Fluttershy was doing what she referred to as ‘the most dangerous thing ever.’ Her friends had recently been hospitalized by an unknown creature and she had gotten the idea to follow it. Every fiber of her being was telling her to go back, but there was something driving her forward. Maybe it was curiosity? Maybe it was concern for her friends? Maybe she had spent too much time with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash? All were viable answers.

They had recently entered the Everfree and judging by the direction the creature was traveling, it was heading towards Froggy Bottom Bog. Fluttershy watched as the creature came to a stop, and she jumped into a nearby bush, hoping it wouldn’t see her. The seconds passed slowly and when she opted to peer out, she saw the creature was gone.

“Oh, where could it have gone?”

“I think he went that way.”

“Thank you so much.”

“Don’t mention it.”

It took Fluttershy a moment to register that somepony responded to her. As she turned around, she came face to face with the creature. She was frozen under the gaze of its red eyes.

“…”

“If you’re just going to stand there, I have other things to do.”

“I…I…”

“Repeating the same word doesn’t count as a sentence.”

“Well, you’re…a new animal. I …wanted to… know…more about you.”

“Oooh, somepony who’s curious about me. Well, I would love to stand here and recite my autobiography, but it’s going to rain soon and I assume you don’t want to get soaked.”

Fluttershy didn’t have a moment to speak as it snapped off a large branch from a nearby tree and held it over her. No sooner did the branch get over her, than a brisk shower began.

“If you want, we can have that conversation on the way to my home.”
Fluutershy nodded in agreement and the party began their trek.

(Greninja POV)

Wow, she has a lot of questions. I’ve taken the liberty of skipping forward to near the end, as the prior questions were either already known or no one cared.

“Any more questions?”

“I kinda curious about your accent. It sounds Prench.”

“Prench? Well my species originates from a region known as Kalos, which is based off the country of France, which I’m sure is nearly identical to your country of ‘Prance’.”

I wonder…

"Il y a des centaines de langues dans le monde, mais un sourire est universel. Holy shit I speak French!"

“Um…”

“Oh right, sorry. I’ll watch my language.”

“You had no idea you knew Prench?”

“Nope. Been here for over a thousand year and never tried.”

“How…”

“No more questions. We’re here.”

We stood in front of Froggy Bottom Bog, as the ponies referred to it. Now if I remember correctly, it’s forward 4 paces forward, 8 paces right, and 14 paces to the forward-right, placing me in an area of the shallows. I reached down into the muck, taking hold, and lifting up the trapdoor. I looked down to the stony steps leading into the darkness.

“Shall we?” I gesture to my companion.

She walks over to the hole, her body trembling. I place my hand on her back, making her jump a bit, but overall calming her down. With her boosted confidence, we delved down into the deep, the hatch closing behind us once again covered by the bog.

(Fluttershy POV)

When the hatch closed, Fluttershy expected complete darkness. She was surprised when the light level only seemed to dim. Along the walls was a blue moss giving off a soft glow. As the two of them traveled further down, the moss’s glow was gradually replaced by brilliant torchlight. In the light of the torches, Fluttershy looked at the large iron double door that loomed over them. The designs on the door depicted various animals, all of which Fluttershy didn’t recognize. Her wonder was broken as Greninja gave a sharp knock on the door. A few creaks and shuffles could be heard from the other side, before a slot on the door slid open, revealing a set of pink eyes. The eyes inspected Fluttershy before shifting over to Greninja, at which point they immediately shrink to pinpricks and the slot is closed. A very loud creak is heard as the door slides open. In the door way stands an earth pony mare slightly shorter than Fluttershy, her cream coat contrasting with her brown and pink mane. Her cutie mark depicted an ice cream cone using snowflakes as sprinkles. Fluttershy watches as the mare walks up to Greninja.

“OMG! I can’t believe I’m meeting you. You are a legend.”

“Well the legends are true, Miss…”

“Swirl, Neo Swirl.”

“Well, Miss Swirl, it is a pleasure to be home, and I’ve brought a friend.” He said as he pulled Fluttershy next to him.

“Well let me be the first to welcome you.”

“It’s…a pleasure…to be here.”

The Neo’s focus quickly switched back to Greninja.

“Sir, everyone is going to be so excited to see you. Quickly come inside.”

Without another word, Neo jumped back through the doors.

Fluttershy stood for a moment, wondering if she should turn back.

“If you turn back now, you won’t know the whole story. However, you may not like where the story goes. Do you close the book or do you keep reading?” Greninja said with a smile on his face.

Fluttershy thought about it, and decided if she’d come this far…

“I’m going to keep going.”

Greninja’s smile grew larger at her answer. He walked up to the door, placing his hands on it.

“Well then Miss Fluttershy, let me welcome you to my home.”

Despite the size of the door, he pushed it open with little effort.

“Welcome to Eden.”

Author's Note:

The Mane "5" are healing up nice and Fluttershy has made a friend of the enemy.

How will this turn out?

Next time: A tour of Eden and how rivalry with the princesses started.