• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 1,706 Views, 29 Comments

In the Memory of a Princess - CatFlash



When Celestia and Luna pass away, Princess Celestia puts the Mane Six in charge of running the kingdom. She guides them through her dead words and leaves important magic for them to use while ruling Equestria.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,706

Chapter Seven

Twilight suddenly became groggily aware of somepony knocking at her door as she laid sprawled out on her king sized bed.
“Whoozare?” she asked as she let out a yawn.
“Flash Sentry, your highness.” the voice called out. “I have been sent to come fetch you for a meeting with the other princesses.”
Twilight by that point of time was sitting straight up in bed and was fully awake.
“Thank you!” she blurted out rather loudly. “I’ll be out in a sec.”
Again, Twilight hurried around the room, getting ready for the day. When she was fully satisfied that every strand of hair was in place and that she had just the right amount of perfume on, she headed towards the door.
Twilight opened it to see Flash casually leaning against the wall. He smiled at her and began to lead her through the halls.
Twilight silently followed him, occasionally sneaking glances at him, but mainly, she kept her eyes glued to the floor.
Flash cleared his throat and began to talk.
“So… at these meetings, do you discuss, eh, princessy stuff?”
Twilight had to laugh.
“Yes. We discuss princessy stuff. I mean, what’s the chance? We’re only princesses, right?”
They both laughed at this, and Flash stopped walking.
Twilight, confused looked at him.
“What are you doing?”
“Uh, we’re here…” his voice trailed off as he looked at her.
“Right!” Twilight said briskly. She flashed him her widest smile and entered the room.
As Twilight slowly closed the door behind her, a voice from inside the room spoke out.
“Well, glad you could make it today, Sleepin’ Beauty.”
“Hi Applejack… and everypony else.”
“Heyya Twilight!” sang Pinkie Pie.
“Enough chit chat,” Rarity broke in. “We need to read that thingy- that guide- so we know what to do.”
“Right,” Twilight said again, and she hurried off to the vanity.
Seconds later she returned. Twilight opened the paper and began to read.
“‘ Thank you for reading my guide on how to become a better princess. Today or any other day you will be reading this, I hope you pay close attention and make mental notes as you go along. Now, I proudly present to you, How to be a Good and Proper Princess, written by Princess Celestia of Equestria. One. Dress up for every event you attend, no matter how small it is. This shows the guests that you care about them and what they have to say.
Two. Shower every night. If you smell, that’s bad.
Three. Master your new skills in your new forms. This is crucial in the event of an attack or disaster.
Four. Have good manners and social skills; these are important when you are meeting with other ponies.
Five. Work together to solve your problems.
Six. Think of your citizens before yourselves.
Seven. If you feel the need to pass new laws, you have the right and ability to do so.
Eight. Educate yourselves on the different sections and regions of Equestria. This allows you to stay informed and up to date on events occurring.
Nine. Be aware of the dangers that threaten our land.
Ten. Remember to relax and have fun once and awhile. Being a princess can be very taxing, but it is one of the best jobs a pony could ask for.
Best of luck, Princess Celestia.’”
“Well then.” Rainbow Dash said. “That’s nice. I’ve got to get to practice. See ya’.”
Rainbow Dash headed for the door.
“Remember there’s a dinner party tonight!” Rarity called out as the door slammed shut.
“Uh, I think that we need to work on this princess thing a bit.” Fluttershy said.
***Six Hours Later***
Twilight and her friends sat awkwardly at one side of the table uncomfortably eating their food. The delegates from Saddle Arabia were on the other side eating their dinner with a certain look of ease. The whole mood seemed to be tense as the meal was eaten in complete and utter silence.
“It is so nice to finally formally meet our new princesses.” the mare said to break the silence.
“Yes it is.” replied Twilight.
“I hope that we can grow to become close partners in politics and business matters alike.”
“But of course,” Rarity said with a small smile. “That would be simply lovely.”
The meal fell into silence again.
“Excuse me, Princess Applejack. Would you be ever so kind enough to pass me the potatoes?”
“Yup.” Applejack said in a jiffy.
As she was reaching over to pick up the bowl, Applejack knocked over an elegant pitcher full of ice tea.
The pitcher was hit with such force that it slid down across the table a foot or so before it toppled over and spilled it’s contents on the mare.
“Aye!” she screamed.
“Let me help you with that.” Pinkie offered and so she was hopping around to the other side to offer her assistance when she tripped and fell onto a passing waiter.
The waiter dumped his tray onto the stallion delegate’s head.
With a shout, the stallion jumped to his feet.
Breathing deeply, he said, “Why! I never!”
He then walked quickly out of the room with his chin up.
The second delegate was quietly sobbing as she rushed out of the room after him.
The six friends were stone still as they processed what had just happened.
Rainbow Dash cleared her throat.
“So, eh, do you think they like us?”
The others turned and glared at her.
“Guess that’s a no.”
“Girls,” Rarity spoke up. “Tomorrow, we are starting finishing school, because oh boy do you need help!”