• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 1,706 Views, 29 Comments

In the Memory of a Princess - CatFlash



When Celestia and Luna pass away, Princess Celestia puts the Mane Six in charge of running the kingdom. She guides them through her dead words and leaves important magic for them to use while ruling Equestria.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,706

Chapter Six

“Wakey wakey Twili! It’s time to wakey wake UP!”
Twilight groaned as she tried to shun the annoying, high pitched voice out of her head.
“Come on, Twi!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.
“Give me another hour Pinkie.” Twilight sighed as she rolled onto her stomach and covered her head with a pillow.
“But Twilight!” Pinkie said in exasperation. “We have a very important meeting with the very important ponies from that place right by us! I think it’s called… um…”
“Gallopger?” Twilight asked in a sleepy voice.
“Oh Oh OH! THAT’S IT! And guess what, bud?”
“What?”
“They’re here!!! Can you believe it?”
“WHAT?!” Twilight exclaimed as she jumped out of bed.
“Yupper Duppers! They’re here! But they’re kind of impatient, so you might wanna shake a leg! In the conference room in five!”
With that, a very energetic Pinkie Pie bounced out of the room.
An “Oh crap!” ran through Twilight’s head as she ran around her suite trying to hurriedly get ready.
A light pink dress was laid out on a chair with matching shoes and jewelry.
Twilight began to force a brush through her knotted mane while she began to pull on the dress.
As she ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth, she slipped on her shoes and put on the necklace and earrings.
Twilight furiously squirted a lump of toothpaste onto her toothbrush.
As she was brushing her teeth, Twilight hastily applied some light eye shadow to her lids and blush to her cheeks.
Running out of the bathroom, she summoned notebooks, folders, pencils and pens to fly into a saddle bag. Putting it onto her back she dashed out of her room.
Twilight soared through the ostentatious halls with her new wings, trying to get to the conference room as fast as she could.
Finally, Twilight arrived; she burst in, panting heavily and thanking the gods above that she had not crashed on the way.
Everypony looked up from the round wooden table to stare at Twilight.
All five of her friends were there along with two other mares Twilight did not know.
She slowly walked over to the open space between Applejack and Rarity.
As Twilight took her place, the gold colored pony with a regal outfit and attitude began to speak.
“Hem hem. Now that we are all here, we may begin. I am Gold Quill, mayer of the city of Gallopger. This is my assistant, Gloria.”
She gestured to a light pink mare sitting beside her taking down notes.
“Now, I would like to begin our meeting with a budget report. This year’s budget was to be ten million bits, but we exceeded this with ten million and one bits. I am asking if I can have a loan for one bit to fix this financial disaster. I will consider paying with interest in our negotiations.”
She waited for a response from the princesses, but there was none.
Gold Quill looked at them in annoyance.
“Well?”
“Uh…” Applejack began. She reached into a pocket in her pale green dress and began to dig around for something.
She finally pulled out her hoof, and with it, a bit.
“Here ya’ are. Anythin’ else?” Applejack asked in a flat tone.
“Oh, and there’s no need to repay m- us. Just in case you're wondern’.” she added.
Gold Quill let out a “hmf!” as she reached across the table and took the bit.
“Now.” Gold Quill started again.
“There is one other concern that I would like to bring up, and it is urgent. There have been thefts throughout the city for quite some time now. There is an average of about ten thefts per night that have all been associated with some violence. Ponies see Gallopger as a clean, prosperous city. These occurrences are ruining our pristine image. I am asking that fifty guards can be stationed in my city to help protect our ponies!”
“I think we can do that,” Fluttershy said. “We can get them there by Saturday. Will that be ok?”
“Fabulous.” was Gold Quill’s reply.
Rarity stood up and offered her hoof to Gold Quill.
“It has been a pleasure meeting you, and you too.”
She shook Gloria’s hoof as well.
“I am sorry to rush this, but all of us have another appointment in about five minutes. We will be sure to send the guards over to Gallopger as soon as we can.”
The other five stood up and shook hands with the mares as well.
As they were leaving, farewells and thank yous were exchanged, but all stopped as the door slammed shut.
The six mares walked through the halls and corridors, passing many exquisite masterpieces that adorned the mammoth walls.
They stopped at a familiar door.
Twilight turned the knob and pushed inward.
The door swung open, revealing the wonderful room behind it.
The girls walked into Princess Celestia’s dressing chamber for the second time, once again marveled by it’s breathtaking beauty.
The door swung shut and there was a moment of still silence.
Laughter burst out from all of the girls as they recalled the events of the meeting.
Oh, I need one measly little bit because, heaven forbid, we went over the budget- by a bit!” Rainbow Dash imitated Gold Quill.
The others began to laugh even harder if it was at all possible.
“Did you see her face?” Pinkie Pie gasped. “She was all like laaaaaaaaaaa and blaaaaaaaaaaa! He he!”
It took a few moments for the girls to calm down before Twilight began to speak again.
“Ok, ok. That was a weird way to start out a meeting. But let’s get serious here. We have no idea how to do this!”
“Twilight is right!” Rarity proclaimed. “We need to find some way to run this kingdom without bursting out laughing at every meeting.”
“Maybe Celestia gave us some tips. Is the letter still over there?” Applejack asked.
“Yeah, just a sec. I’ll get it.” Rainbow zipped over to the vanity and grabbed the letter. In a flash, she was back.
Twilight took the paper from Rainbow Dash and began to skim through it’s contents.
“Ah. Here we go. She wrote this, remember? ‘There is a list inside the box on what you need to know.’ I didn’t see a list in that box, did you guys?”
All of them shook their heads.
“Let’s check it out again.” suggested Fluttershy.
The ponies walked over to the vanity where the box was sitting.
Twilight carefully opened the container and peeked inside.
There was nothing.
“WHAT?!” Pinkie exclaimed.
“Hmm…” Twilight began to ponder the situation.
She looked at the inside of the box’s depth and how tall it really was.
Twilight turned around.
“Guys, I think that there is a secret compartment in the box.”
Twilight turned back to the box and started to examine the inside.
Frowning slightly at a slight imperfection on the bottom, Twilight lightly touched the bottom.
“What if…” Twilight thought.
“Ok, everypony, change form.”
There was a mumbled agreement before a hushed silence came over the mares.
Twilight closed her eyes and thought of her new alicorn form.
The wildfire struck and then receded.
She opened her eyes to the sight of her friends in their new forms.
“Everypony, touch the bottom of the box.
Twilight’s friends gathered around the antique box and reached their hooves into it.
Twilight did the same, but she did not meet the bottom of the box instead her hoof hit the rougher texture of yet another piece of parchment.
She heard her friends let out tiny gasps in surprise as they came in contact with this foreign object.
“I think we all need to pull it out at the same time. Everypony, take ahold of part of it.” Rarity instructed.
They each did so and therefore slowly pulled out the parchment.
The six set it gently down on the vanity.
How to be a Good and Proper Princess, written by Princess Celestia of Equestria.” Twilight read off from the paper.
“I think that that will be verrrry helpful!” Applejack exclaimed in a sarcastic voice.
Everypony began to laugh once more and a feeling of relief washed over all of them.
“Maybe with her help, this will be a little bit easier.” Twilight thought to herself.