• Published 19th May 2014
  • 2,324 Views, 114 Comments

My Life, Recreated - Ephraim Blue



I never wanted any of this to happen... no, I did not. But who can blame me really? I didn't ask to be transported to Equestria, transformed into a pony, and have to relive my life from the beginning. It just happened.

  • ...
7
 114
 2,324

Chapter 2 - That Which Is Forbidden

Chapter 2 - That Which Is Forbidden

There are many reactions you could do when you meet someone familiar to you. You can greet them with a friendly 'hello', or if you despise the person, you will most likely give a harsh face and sneer at them.

Royalty is something entirely different. You don't greet them with a 'hello' or sneer at them. They usually require you to bow down and greet them like they are normally greeted. Normally, they are greeted by saying 'You're Highness'.

What's with that saying anyway? All I know about it is that you almost always greet royalty like that. Who came up with that saying? Why do we still use it? Who would know, really?

Have any of you ever met royalty? Probably not. You're most likely to meet them when you have a meeting with them, or if you work for them. Other than that, you're not likely to meet them.

Getting off that topic, how easy do you think someone's life is if they are royalty? If you think its easy, you're wrong. Now I may not know the first thing about royalty, but I do know its harder then it seems.

See, most people think its easy because they always have servants to do everything for them. I would love to agree with that. However, they only take out the easy things in your life. The person who is actually royalty has to do all the stuff that is impossible for anyone else to do.

They have to make choices about going to war, political responsibilities, ect. Still think this life is easy? Get out and read another story. That is, unless you want to see why I still think it isn't easy.

Besides making all the choices for their country, they also have to live in a schedule that they don't make. They have someone prepare a schedule full of required work for royalty to do. And they have to have all that work done within a certain amount of time if they need everything after that to be done.

That's something I hate; working under pressure. You're always being told to finish those last ten questions on the SOL when you only have 5 minutes left. Some people say they work better under pressure. Those people also say they have ADHD.

I was diagnosed with that symptom when I was young, and frankly, I don't work well under pressure. That makes me work even worse than before. My mind just starts thinking of different answers for the same question, which makes it really hard to focus.

That's probably why I like finishing tests early. But mostly, that gets me a bad grade.

But what I think I'm trying to say before I begin this chapter, is that life isn't easy when you think it is. Royalty has probably more troubles than your average everyday. Granted, there aren't many people out to get you when you're royalty, but its still hard.

Do you still think being royal will be easy?

Canterlot Castle Unknown Date

I immediately fell into a bowing position, as did the guards to my sides. I could hear Celestia's hoof-steps coming closer to me.

"There is no need to bow, My Little Pony," she said. "Rise."

I obeyed and stood on my own hooves. She turned to her guards. "And what crime has this young colt committed?" she asked them.

The one who escorted me spoke. "I found him in the Castle Garden. I've never seen him here before, and he was just sitting in front of a statue. Since I hadn't seen him before, I assumed he wandered in without permission."

"What statue?"

"The statue of Discord."

"Hmm. And do any of you know how he came into the castle?"

At that, all three of the guards were silent. "I- I asked him," the pegasus continued, "but he spoke in a language I was not familiar with."

"Oh," Celestia said, obviously interested. "And does this colt still speak that language?" She turned to me.

I stayed silent. I didn't like to speak if I didn't feel like I wanted to. But when one of the guards pushed me forward a bit more, I didn't argue.

"English," I said. "I speak English." I doubted any of them actually knew what I had said, but at least they now knew.

Celestia didn't give me any strange looks or anything like the ponies from earlier. Instead, she just spoke to her guards again. "So tell me again. What crime has this young one committed?"

The guards were confused. Their faces gave it all away. "M- My Princess," one of the unicorn's spoke. "He was in the castle garden when he wandered in without any other pony here!"

"But did he commit any crimes?"

The guards paused. "N- No," they all said.

"Then leave. This colt has done no crime and is obviously no threat to any of us."

The guards bowed again and motioned me to follow. I turned and began to follow.

"Wait."

We all stopped and turned back to the princess. "I would like to speak with our mysterious guest. Alone."

The guards bowed again. "As you wish, princess." They then stood and walked outside of the room. Once the door was closed, Celestia spoke.

"So where did you come from?" she asked me.

I stayed silent. It didn't matter if I spoke or not. She couldn't understand me anyway.

"There is no need to be silent, My Little Pony," she continued. "What is it that troubles you?"

I looked down at the ground. I didn't want to meet her eyes. Even though her voice was calm, her eyes were something different.

"Lets start with introductions. My name is-"

"Princess Celestia," I interrupted. "I already know who you are."

She to no surprise to my sudden talk. Wow, I thought. She's better at taking something as if were everyday life then I am.

"So, you know me then," she said. I nodded. "Can you understand what I'm saying to you?" I nodded again. "Interesting. Would you like to say something?"

I shook my head.

"I see. Would you like to take a walk through the castle with me?"

I thought about that. A good walk could do me good. Calm me down from all that's happened and give me better practice with my new hooves.

I eventually nodded. "Then let us walk through the castle," she said. I got up and followed her through the door. The guards noticed her coming through and bowed again. I was about ten feet behind, and even though the castle was as quiet as a mouse, making it easier to hear their conversation, I decided not to listen in.

I took a look at the windows around the throne room. I saw one where Celestia and her sister, Luna, had encased Discord in his stone prison. I instantly remembered the my little pony episode, Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2. That was when we actually saw him encased in stone for the first time.

I stopped looking at that window and looked to the one next to it. It showed Celestia surrounded by the Elements of Harmony, and The Mare in the Moon above her. A tear seemed to be in her eyes in that picture. I guessed that was when Luna turned into Nightmare Moon and laid Rampage on the Canterlot. Also seen in the above stated episode.

I would have continued looking at the other windows, but I heard Celestia's voice directly aimed at me. I turned in her direction and saw her motioning fer me to follow.

I slowly made my way to her side. I still had a bit of trouble walking, which is why I was slow. Once at her side, she walked past her guards and into the hallway. After walking for about 20 feet, I looked back, expecting to see one of the guards following us.

Surprisingly, I didn't.

I turned my attention to Celestia and gave her a confused look. She saw me and spoke. "Oh, are you wondering why my guards aren't following us?"

I nodded. "Well, lets just say that I still don't want them to bother our little chat, dear one."

I faced down the hallway, gave a 'well, that'e true' face and tilted my head to the left, and then the right. Celestia chuckled slightly.

"So tell me young one. Why were you doing in the castle garden this fateful day?"

I just stared at the ground again. I had a sad face on, and I didn't want anyone to see it. Even if Celestia was the only other one who could see it.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to speak, young one?"

I just shook my head again. "I see," she said. We continued our walk in silence for about another 5 minutes. We had rounded a few corners in the castle, walked up a small flight of stairs and were nearing a room at the end of the hallway.

"I think I know of a way I can help you, little one."

My ears perked up and I turned to her with interest in my eyes. She saw the look I was giving and smiled. "Yes. I believe that I can help you with a problem that you've already faced."

After she said that, I looked towards the ceiling and tried to remember what problem I faced. I came up with three.

One, I couldn't get back home and I was stuck in a world that I didn't even know existed. Two, I have trouble walking in my new body. Three, no one here could understand a single word I was saying. There were probably more, but I couldn't think of any. I figured that since Celestia didn't know about the first two, it was probably the third.

By the time I finished thinking, we had reached a barred doorway. I recognized it, but only after a minute of staring. This was the Star Swirl the Bearded wing of the Canterlot Archives.

I turned to Celestia, but she kept her face forward. She bowed her head toward the door and lit her horn. It glowed with a marvelous golden light and lit up the door in front of us with the same light. In an instant, the door flew open. If I were about three feet closer, it would have hit my muzzle.

I looked at her again with a confused look. This time she did look back. "This is the Star Swirl the Bearded Wing," she said. "This holds many forbidden magics that most unicorns are prohibited to even know about."

I gave her an even more confused look by tilting my head. Then why are you showing me? I thought.

She saw me tilt my head, (Pure genius, I know.) and seemed to know what I was wondering. "You're probably wondering why I'm showing you," she said.

Yes! I nodded.

"Well, you aren't any special unicorn as far as I can tell, but there's something about you that interests me. I don;t know what it is, but perhaps I'll know someday." She looked forward before continuing. "Also, the spell I need is in here."

We both chuckled. The looked at each other and chuckled again. She walked into the room and I followed behind her.

The room was just like I remembered it in that one time travel episode in season two. You know, the one with future Twilight trying to tell her past not to worry about the future. You remember that? Good. Back to the story.

There were many bookshelves full of scrolls and books that were each filled with spells of great magnitude.

I stopped following Celestia and looked at a scroll that was sticking out of a shelf to my right. I wonder what's on this one? I turned to Celestia, who hadn't noticed that I stopped following her. I turned back to the scroll and tried to lift it with my front.

I almost lost balance and nearly crashed into the entire shelf. That was a close one! I thought while trying to quietly breathe heavily. I turned to Celestia, who was even further down the isle. I sat down. The floor slightly creaked, but wasn't enough for Celestia to hear from the distance we were apart.

I sighed in relief and looked back at the scroll. Now that I was sitting, it would be easier to pick up the scroll. I took both of my front hooves and tried to pick up the scroll from its place on the shelf. I managed to pull it out, but the paper slipped and fell to the floor.

I knew that I was a unicorn, but how do they use their horn? I hadn't the slightest idea. I would have picked it up with my muzzle, but that's just gross when you think about it.

I unraveled the scroll and held it open with both my hooves. I wasn't expecting what came next.

It was written in Equestrian.

Figures, I thought. Can't speak their language. How am I supposed to read it?

"Ahem."

The sudden noise made me freeze. I jumped and turned in the direction the sound came from. Princess Celestia. She was not looking directly at me and had a small look of disapproval on her face. I immediately let the scroll curl up and roll next to the bottom of the shelf.

I slowly made my way up to the Princess of the Sun, ears flat. I couldn't bring myself to meet her disapproving eyes. I could see the bottom of her hooves when I was next to her.

"What was on that scroll?" she asked. My ears perked at her non-disapproval tone and I looked up at her face. It no longer held the small scowl from earlier, and instead, was replaced by a small look of curiosity. I didn't know what to do, so I just shrugged.

"I see," she said. "Well, I do believe I've found the scroll I'm looking for. Do you mind if I summon my student here?"

I shook my head. I knew her student all to well. Granted, she wasn't a princess like in the newest episodes, but I could tell that ever since I saw the statue of Discord in the castle's garden.

"Well, then. As long as you don't get into any trouble, I'll go and get her," she said, walking to the exit. I reached my hoof out to her, but thought against it. She left the room before anything else happened.

I was alone now. Alone in a barred room that was wide open. Even thought it was open, it was still quiet in the room.

I sighed when I heard the nothing in the air. Back at my old home, you'd have to put soundproofing foam over your ears five times just to find quiet during the day. It wasn't that much easier at night until all the younger ones actually go to sleep.

I loved it when it was quiet. At school, there's no one who can actually shut their trap for over 5 minutes. Unless its a test. Then I'm too busy trying to figure out what content was on the test.

Without anything else to do, I laid down on the ground. I tried to find the most comfortable position possible. And let me tell you now, its not easy at all when you're a pony.

At first, I tried to put my hind-hooves back and rest my head in-between my front hooves. Not really all that comfortable. Then I tried to rest my head on one of my arms. Still not that comfortable. The final position I tried was just flat out lying on my back.

And that really wasn't comfortable.

I gave up with trying to lie down. Instead, I just sat until Celestia returned. That was after about ten minutes.

I heard Celestia's footsteps coming back into the room. There were also another set of hooves that followed her. "Are you here?" Celestia asked. I could tell she was talking to me, but she hadn't seen me yet.

I clapped my hooves together. *Clap* She heard this noise and came in its direction.

She rounded a corner and saw me. "Ah, there you are. I'd like you to meet my personal student..."

Twilight Sparkle, I thought. I know her too.

"...Sunset Shimmer."

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. Maybe two. Its hard to count when you're not really counting your heartbeats.

I saw a bright yellow coat pop out from behind another bookshelf. She had a red and a darker shade of yellow in her mane and tail. Sunset Shimmer looked almost like I remembered her from the beginning of Equestria Girls.

Almost...

She was definitely younger that what I remembered her as. Her mane wasn't as long, she wasn't as tall, ect. I only had one thought when I saw her.

What is she doing here?

Celestia saw my look of surprise. "What the matter, young one?" she asked. "There is nothing to be surprised about. I'd like to introduce you to her." She turned to Sunset Shimmer. "Sunset Shimmer, I'd like you to meet our mysterious guest." She turned back to me. "I'd like you to meet Sunset Shimmer, my personal student."

"I- It's a pleasure to meet you," Sunset said while waving her hoof. I said nothing, but I waved back. I did it softly, but I still waved back.

She looked confused to why I didn't say anything back and turned to her teacher. "Why isn't he saying anything back, Princess?"

Celestia looked back at her with a smile on her face. "That is why I brought you here, my student. You see, he doesn't speak Equestrian."

I saw Sunset give a look of surprise and look back at her teacher and me. "But what am I supposed to do?" she asked.

"Think of this as a test. I will tell you a spell, and I want you to cast it on him."

I freaked out. They were going to cast a spell on me? Was it dangerous? Even if it wasn't, I didn't want them to do this for no reason.

They both saw me freak out. "Why did he just jump?" Sunset asked.

"That's something else that intrigues me, My Little Pony. You see, even though he doesn't speak Equestrian, he can still understand it."

I could tell that Sunset Shimmer was even more confused than earlier. I didn't blame her. If I was in her hooves, I'd be just as confused.

"What spell?" she asked her teacher. All Celestia did was take a scroll in her magic and allow Sunset to take it in her's. She opened it and read its secrets that I could not behold. "A translation Spell?" I heard her say.

That made me relax. It's better to know what spell is going to be cast on you before it happens. And now that I did know, I would gladly allow it to happen.

"Yes. This spell is very complicated, but I believe you can do it. Are you ready?"

"Yes," she replied.

Celestia turned back to me. "Are you ready?"

I stayed still for a minute. Should I let them do this? If I do, what good will come out of it? What bad? Do I wan't to stay silent forever?

"Are you ready?" Celestia asked again.

I closed my eyes and thought about what happened earlier today with the guards and the ponies of Canterlot. None of them could understand what I'm saying. I could just stay silent for the rest of my time in this world, but I didn't want that.

So I nodded.