• Published 19th May 2014
  • 2,324 Views, 114 Comments

My Life, Recreated - Ephraim Blue



I never wanted any of this to happen... no, I did not. But who can blame me really? I didn't ask to be transported to Equestria, transformed into a pony, and have to relive my life from the beginning. It just happened.

  • ...
7
 114
 2,324

Chapter 13 - Never Again

Author's Note:

Well, this story has finally been updated. It shouldn't take this long, even though I'm planning out the entire future of this story except for this one chapter. And a shorter chapter too... I'm losing my touch. Next one should be normal.

Anyway, I have something to note for everyone. Due to the site update, I'm finding the little words that say "Chapter Whatever" to be entirely useless. So as of now, I am no longer going to be including them. The previous chapters, however, I will not be going back to edit those out.

Why?

Because that would make this note look silly, that's why.

Oh, and another thing to note.

To anyone who reads this, this story was once rated "Everyone". I have now changed it to "Teen" because there is some content that might not be appropriate for "Everyone".

Hope you enjoy the new chapter!

Some things only happen once. And that's life. Not saying that life only happens once, but that some things will only happen once in our lives.

Not all things are like this, obviously. A happy moment with your family. That's something that's most likely bound to happen more than once, if you have a family. No offence to those who don't.

You are more than likely to get angry more than once in your life. Whether by someone pushing you around, beating on you, saying mean things about you/to you... Yeah, those are more than likely to get you ticked off.

But it's not the big things in life that only seem to happen once. It's the things that we hardly pay any attention to that are more likely to never happen again.

An example is in order. Say that you head to work, and do the job you've done for the past couple of months. That's already something that has happened before.

But let’s say that someone comes into the store who's never come before. Would you really notice? Probably not. You could see hundreds of faces every day. A single new face wouldn't be noticeable. But it proves my point of something that we never really notice being the thing that only really happens once.

I could go on and on about many things that should, or will only happen once. Unfortunately, I still have this very stupid story that apparently 49 people are decided to get informed of updated, 45 have liked, and 3 have disliked.

You see that very thin red line with the number 3 above it? There are three people who've made that happen. Those three people? They are pretty good to start disliking this story before this gets too far.

You want to know where this is going to go, don’t you? Well, I'm not going to tell you too much. I am going to say this, though.

This story will most likely be majorly confusing in much later chapters. Have you read any other stories I've written? Most of them are majorly confusing, and have earned me a very high set of dislikes.

Of course, I still have a higher amount of likes than dislikes.

And now I'm just rambling...

QUESTION TIME!!!

Do you know of anything that has only happened once to you? Or to anyone else in this matter?

Canterlot City February 23rd 985

It's been about four days since I started going to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Summary? Not very nice on my part. It's actually been pretty boring for me.

Mostly it's because can't do anything there. I write something, and it's in English. I can't do the homework that's assigned because I cannot turn it in.

That is something I like, actually. I can't do homework! Yay!

But that's just made it worse for me. Secure just had me answer it when he had the time. That sucked.

But, this was a small time for celebration. Secure was taking me and Shadow into the city, Shadow having a disguise, of course. The reason?

A surprise!

No, not that kind of surprise...

Yeah, that's better.

Okay, let's not get too out of hand... Or... hoof for this matter.

Anyway, yes! A surprise!

"So what do you think the surprise is?" Shadow asked.

I shrugged. "Dunno... Maybe he's just going to allow us to stroll through the city. We haven't been outside of the castle for the past week."

"And I haven't been outside of the castle since I crash landed there."

I looked at him, a little strangely, I might add. "You never did tell me why you were stuck in the bushes. So why were you?"

"I didn't?" he asked back. "Huh... I thought I did..."

"Well, you didn't, and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to know."

"Of course!" he said. "You see, I was-"

"We're here!" Secure Room suddenly said, catching the both of us off guard. I looked at where we ended up, and it looked as if it were a toy store. "This is the surprise.

"This?" I asked. "This is the surprise?"

"That's what I said. Is there anything wrong with it?"

"Nope!" Shadow shouted right before running into the store. I shook my head. Obviously, he was still a kid, even though he sometimes seemed more mature.

"To me, there is, Secure," I began. This is a toy store."

"Yes, it is."

"Toys are for kids."

"Yes, that's correct."

"I'm not a kid."

"You sure look like one," he said, smiling ear to ear.

That statement alone got him a small kick in his legs.

He only laughed, obviously not affected much by my kick. "Hey, I'm sorry. I know you're not a kid. But trust me, you'll love this."

"That will be determined in time..."

I slowly walked into the store. I hadn't really ever been in toy store. I might have once about three years ago, back when I was still a human, but not much anything else other than Walmart.

Inside the store was all that I remember from a toy store. Shelves that were filled edge to edge with toys. Some were fluffy, some were 'action figures'.

I found Shadow in the 'action figures' isle. Though some of those toys looked like they were for stallion, there were still some *ahem* 'action figures' that looked like they were for mares.

I caught Shadow looking at the *ahem* 'action figures' that looked like they were for mares.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Really?" I asked him.

He looked back at me, his face blushing slightly. "Hey! They're action figures!"

"Okay," I said, waving a hoof and walking away. Though, I kept my face scrunched up as if I were holding in a laugh. I most certainly found it funny that, in the land of Equestria, there were some ponies- or changeling for this matter- that were interested in stuff that was supposed to be for the opposite gender.

I came close to the opposite edge of the store and found Secure Room waving me down. I trotted over to him, obviously curious to what he had in store for me.

"Well," I began, "so far, all I've seen are toys for kids. You said I'd enjoy this, but I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to enjoy about this place."

"That's because you haven't seen what you're supposed to enjoy yet, Blue," Secure replied. He turned to a door that read Employees Only on it. He opened the door, earning a glance from the clerk at the payment stand, but it was ignored soon after.

Okay, now I was confused. The clerk allows him entry, even though The door says for 'employees only', and has an alien that looks like their own kind with him, even though that last part was unknown to him. There was definitely something in this shop worth seeing now, and it was behind this door.

Secure walked into the room, and I followed him. Obviously... I mean, this was the reason he brought me here. Why wouldn't I follow him?

Maybe he's a psychotic weirdo that focuses on bringing the destruction to little aliens that look like his kind, my mind was saying. :facehoof: Yes, I was thinking that. I thought random stuff at points.

The inside of the room was plainly obvious from other TV shows I saw. The room was for employees. It had office stuff, a little table where meetings were probably held, stuff like that.

I was greatly disappointed.

"Umm... There's nothing here," I plainly stated. "Surprises are supposed to have something that nopony was expecting. So, congrats! You surprised me with nothing!"

"We're not at the surprise yet," he stated. I raised my eyebrows, looking around the room. I saw no other doors leading to anywhere. So... Where could the surprise be?

Secure lit his horn and illuminated a section of the wall. The paint on the wall faded away and revealed an opening. “Come on,” he said excitedly. “We’re nearly there.”

I eagerly followed him through the newly formed doorway. The room was dark, excluding the light coming from the previous room. But that light faded away when I noticed the paint on the wall come back and blocked it all out.

Both Secure and I lit our horns to produce light from our horns. We glanced at each other before he started moving in a direction I couldn’t see until his horn lit it up. I followed closely behind, not wanting to lose track or sight of him.

We soon came to another doorway in the dark room. One that Secure walked through willingly, and I had no choice but to follow. I had no idea how to get back, and I lost which direction the exit was in.

After another minute or two of walking, we came to a larger door. One with many locks on it and various codes to be inputted. Though for Secure, he was at all of them in an instant.

With his magic, he inputted combinations to every code there and unlocked every lock. I watched in amazement as the locks fell onto the ground and the door hissed open as if the air inside was dusty and old.

“Here we are,” he smiled.

I coughed from the dusty air. Being an amnesiac didn’t help at all in this sort of situation where I could cough and wheeze for who knew how long before feeling better. “It’s *Cough* dusty,” I said.

“I know.”

“Did the room have to that tightly locked?”

He frowned a bit. “Yes… Princess Celestia’s orders. She showed me this place once and wanted to make sure that only those she deemed worthy were allowed in.”

My eyes widened a bit. “Deemed worthy? What could need so much protection that only those worthy should be allowed in?”

“You’re about to find out,” he said as he pulled the door open even further with his hooves.

The room was pitch black inside, but we both walked in anyway. Secure stopped walking, but I didn’t notice and continued walking in the near darkness that surrounded the glow from my horn.

If it weren’t for that glow, I would’ve run into that pedestal and gotten another painful shock through my horn.

I stumbled backwards a bit when I did see it. I was thankful enough that I didn’t run into it and had another pain experience for my horn. I looked around for Secure and found him walking around the wall, muttering to himself.

“Now, I know it’s around here somewhere…” he said quietly, the sounds bouncing off and echoing into the distance. “Aha!” he exclaimed when he came to what looked like a light switch.

He flicked it on, and the large room around me came to life.

There wasn’t just one pedestal. There were hundreds. Each one with a different item on them.

Not items for ponies, I might add…

Items for humans.

On the pedestal I nearly ran into, which was considerably large, there was an average human bike on it. On the one next to it, a chair that was too small for anypony to sit in, but perfect for any bipedal creature.

And they just went on and on. Some of the items repeated, some did not. But they were human items, every single one of them.

“W- What?” I asked, receiving a chuckle in response from behind me.

“Do you like it?” Secure asked. “This Blue, this is the relic room.”

A relic is an object surviving from an earlier time, especially one of historical or sentimental interest.

Google people… Google.

“Relics?” I asked back. ”These are pony relics?”

He scoffed. “I never said that! I just said relics! But you are correct when saying it that way. These are not pony relics. They are relics of an alien species.”

“Humans…” I said quietly, turning back to look at all the human items.

He turned to me. “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

I turned to him. “The alien species you’re talking about. Humans. Their race is humans.”

He blinked. “What makes you say that?”

I looked down. “Can… Can you keep a secret…? From everyone?”

He suddenly looked depressed in a way. “I think I get what you’re saying… You’re one of these ‘humans’, aren’t you?”

I nodded slowly, unwilling to express any words.

“Alright. Your secret is safe with me Blue.” He turned around. “Come on… I think you’ve had enough time here. Let’s head back to the castle.”

I slowly nodded and turned to follow. Before leaving the room, I took a last glance at the stuff before looking ahead again and exiting. I didn’t look back when the door started creaking and the locks reset.

We both walked in silence through the dark, the only lighting coming from Secure's horn. I didn't want to light mine up.

Something struck my mind then. A question formed, and I was completely unsure about how it could have happened. So I turned to Secure with the inevitable question in my head.

"Secure... How did those items get here?"

He froze and I only got a small glimpse at the sudden horror that filled his eyes before his horn glowed an eerie light and blinded me I rubbed my eyes for a second before blinking and finding myself back in the toy store.

I looked around for Secure but found neither sight nor hair of him anywhere. What I did find was a small, quickly written note at my feet. I picked it up in my magic and read it.

I'm sorry Blue, but there's probably some things that you shouldn't know.

I recognized the hoofwriting as Secure's, but was surprised by it. He knew something... Something he didn't want to tell me...

I walked around the isles a bit before finding Secure at the register paying for a toy that Shadow was bouncing up and down for.

They didn't turn around, so they didn't see me leave.

Canterlot Castle Hallway February 23rd 985

I walked the entire way back to the castle by myself. There were actually guards in front of the gate, but they knew me, so they let me pass.

I walked down the hallway back to my room, looking down at the floor the entire time. I didn't realize that Sunset Shimmer and I were walking directly toward each other.

We collided.