• Published 5th May 2014
  • 1,234 Views, 28 Comments

To Boldly Hoof It - HeatherIsBestPlayer



Blueblood and his friends travel into space to save Equestria from a giant plot hole. A MLP FiM parody of TGWTG's 'To Boldly Flee'.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,234

Ch 2. The Doctor

The following morning, Blueblood had sent out for doctors to come to see Princess Luna, who had yet to wake up. Blueblood had managed to lay her on his sofa in his living room. The doctors that came however were not what Blueblood had been expecting. One was a turquoise unicorn mare named Dr. Lyra, and the other was a cream-colored earth pony mare named Dr. Bon Bon. They both seemed oddly familiar to him, like he had seen them both somewhere before. But they said they were doctors, and they were dressed like doctors, wearing white lab coats, glasses, stethoscopes, and carrying doctors’ travel medical bags, so he let them examine his aunt.

Blueblood sat behind them on a chair and watched patiently as they looked Luna over.

After a little while, the two doctors turned away from Princess Luna to face Blueblood, who rose to his hooves as they addressed him.

“So is she going to be alright?” Blueblood asked the two doctors.

“Well, physically, Princess Luna seems to be completely normal,” said Lyra.

Bon Bon let out a chuckle. “Well, all except for her backwards-”

“BON BON!” Lyra interrupted the other mare. “EXNAY!”

“Oh! Sorry,” said Bon Bon, smiling sheepishly.

Lyra turned back to Blueblood. “The problem seems to be inside Luna’s head,” she continued.

“Her head?” said Blueblood. Then his eyes widened as he became worried. “Oh no! She’s not turning into Nightmare Moon again, is she?”

“We don’t know?” said Bon Bon with a shrug.

“We’ll have to run more tests to be sure,” added Lyra. Her horn glowed and she levitated Luna’s unconscious body into the air.

“Don’t worry. We’ll take good care of the Princess,” said Bon Bon. “Especially her backwards-”

“BON BON!” Lyra shouted at Bon Bon again, almost accidentally dropping Luna out of her levitation.

“Oops! My bad,” Bon Bon apologized again.

Blueblood raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure you two are doctors?” he asked.

“Of course,” said Lyra, giving him a smile.

“What else would we be?” added Bon Bon.

Blueblood thought for a few seconds, and then shrugged. “Well, I can’t argue with that logic.”

“Good,” said Lyra. She and Bon Bon turned and headed out into the foyer with Luna levitated in the air above them, and walked out the front door.

Not five minutes passed before Blueblood heard his doorbell ring again. Thinking that perhaps those two doctors had forgot something, Blueblood walked over to his front door. Upon opening the door, however, he instead found a white unicorn mare with a purple mane and tail and eyelashes that were obviously fake.

“Hello, you pathetic excuse for a stallion,” the mare said to him.

Blueblood was taken aback and narrowed his eyes in confusion. “Um… Do I know you?” he asked the mare.

The mare suddenly became very angry and glared daggers at him. “Don’t you remember me?” she spat.

Blueblood thought for a moment. She did look kind of familiar, but he couldn’t quite put his hoof on it. He had met so many ponies in his life after all. “Um…”

“ITS ME! RARITY!” the mare screamed. “WE MET AT THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA A FEW YEARS AGO! YOU TREATED ME LIKE CRAP! YOU RUINED MY DRESS! AND YOU MADE WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!”

“Rarity?” said Blueblood. Then it all came back to him. He remembered the gala. He realized this was the mare that had gotten him under house arrest. He quickly became filled with anger. “You!”

Blueblood took a step forward towards the white mare, but then felt jolts of electricity run through his entire body and he let out a scream of surprise and pain. Remembering that he was still wearing the shock collar around his neck, he stepped back inside his doorway and the electric shock stopped. He then became aware of Rarity laughing.

“I can’t tell you how satisfying this is!” Rarity said as she laughed.

Blueblood growled. “What do you want?” he demanded.

Rarity grinned. “Oh I just came by to see for myself that you were getting your comeuppance.”

Blueblood groaned at the collar around his neck. “How long do I have to where this infernal thing?!” he pointed at the collar.

“At least until your day in court,” said Rarity.

“And when is that?” asked Blueblood.

Rarity thought for a moment. “Um… last I checked, about… thirty years.”

Blueblood’s eyes widened in shock. “WHAT?! Why is it taking THAT long?!”

Rarity frowned. “Apparently the courts didn’t think the case was very important.”

“THAT’S BECAUSE IT ISN’T IMPORTANT!” Blueblood yelled at her.

“YES IT IS IMPORTANT!” Rarity yelled back at him. “Rude ponies like you NEED to be taught a lesson.”

Blueblood rolled his eyes. He still couldn’t believe this was happening to him. “Why are you even doing this?” he asked Rarity. “The gala was about three years ago! Are you seriously still upset about that? Can’t you just… let it go?”

“OF COURSE NOT!” she shouted at him. “I’ll never let it go! Not until I have justice!”

“JUSTICE? Isn’t this enough?” He pointed back to the collar around his neck.

Rarity just chuckled. “Oh, I’m only getting started. By the time I’m through with you, you will regret every day you EVER treated a lady like anything less than a Princess! I will-”

“Excuse me," Blueblood interrupted her, "but can you legally do anything to me?”

Rarity was silent for a few seconds. “Well… not legally. No,” she admitted.

Blueblood slammed the door in Rarity’s face.

Blueblood turned and walked back to his living room, glad that he no longer had to put up with that nightmare of a mare. At least, for the moment anyway. Upon entering the living room, however, he nearly jumped out of his skin as he almost ran right into yet another pony in his house.

“Hello, Blueblood old boy,” said a brown earth pony stallion standing in his living room very casually, as if showing up in somepony's house completely unexpectedly was completely normal.

After Blueblood calmed down from his initial shock, he recognized the pony as Doctor Whooves.

“Doctor Whooves!?” exclaimed Blueblood. “What are you doing here? How did you get inside my house? Didn’t you try to kill me last year?”

The Doctor responded. “This is about Princess Luna. I used my TARDIS to get in here. And yes. I would have gotten away with it to, if you and your friends had not accidentally resurrected King Sombra.”

“Oh,” said Blueblood, sighing. After just getting an unpleasant visit from that white marshmallow nightmare, he was in no mood for any more crazy stuff. But then it resonated in his mind that the Doctor had mentioned his auntie Luna’s name. “Wait! Princess Luna? What do you want with her?”

“All in good time, Blueblood,” said the Doctor cheerfully. “First, I need a cup of hot tea, and a plate of Jammie Dodgers.”

Blueblood stared at the Doctor in bewilderment. “What?”

“Tea and Jammie Dodgers!” said the Doctor as he trotted past Blueblood and headed for the kitchen.

Blueblood stood where he was, dumfounded at what just happened. “Why is all this insanity happening to me all of a sudden!?” he asked himself out loud.

Several minutes later, Blueblood and the Doctor were sitting on the sofa in Blueblood’s living room, the doctor with a cup of hot tea and a plate of Jammie Dodgers setting on the coffee table in front of them.

“Oh, that’s lovely!” said the Doctor as he took a sip of his tea.

“Good,” said Blueblood. “Now can you tell me what’s going on?” He expected the Doctor to have a darn good reason for showing up in his home completely unannounced.

“Ah, yes,” said the Doctor, setting his tea down on the coffee table and then turning to face the Prince. “I heard that Princess Luna was in your house last night.”

“How did you know that?” asked Blueblood.

“I’m a Time Pony. I have my ways. Anyway, I was hoping to see her.”

“Well you just missed her,” said Blueblood. “Doctors came and took her away to get treatment not too long ago.” Then he added, “Not doctors like you. I mean actual medical doctors.”

“Yes. I got that,” said the Doctor in annoyance.

“Anyway, I presume she’s at a hospital or at the castle now,” said Blueblood.

“Hmm,” said the Doctor, nodding thoughtfully.

“What do you want with my aunt anyway?” asked Blueblood, curious.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed, Blueblood, but strange things are going on,” said the Doctor, reaching down and picking up his tea in his hooves and taking another sip. “Cracks appearing in thin air, unicorns having odd dreams, and ponies behaving oddly! Well, odder than usual that is. I thought perhaps Princess Luna might be able to shed some light on it, but I want to be sure.”

“What do you mean?” asked Blueblood, confused.

“I need to see inside your memories, Blueblood,” said the Doctor, setting down his cup of tea again. “I need to perform a Time Pony mind meld with you. I need to see exactly what Princess Luna did and said while she was in your house last night.”

Blueblood was taken aback. “You want to go inside my head?!” he asked the time pony.

The Doctor nodded. “Yes.”

Blueblood thought for a moment. “Do I have to?” he asked.

Yes!” said the Doctor, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Blueblood sighed. “Okay. Fine. But… if you happen to see any erotic images of Braeburn Apple in there… just know that I honestly thought he was a mare.”

The Doctor laughed. “Don’t worry, Blueblood. We all did!” Then he looked away for a moment, staring off into space. "We all did."

Blueblood sighed again as he prepared himself. “Okay.”

The Doctor put his hoof up to the side of Blueblood’s head, and closed his eyes and concentrated.

After a few seconds Blueblood saw the memories of last night with princess Luna appear his thoughts. Every moment, from when he first awoke, to when Lyra and Bon Bon left with her.

When it was over, the Doctor removed his hoof from Bluebloods head. Blueblood looked at the Doctor, who with sitting with his hoof scratching his chin in thought.

“Interesting,” the Time Pony muttered to himself.

“Did that help you?” Blueblood asked.

“It did answer some of my questions,” said the Doctor. “But it also raised even more questions. What is this ‘hole’ she’s talking about? Why would her body be there? And what does Princess Celestia have to do with any of this? She seemed to really want to tell you something, but it looked like she was having trouble making coherent thought.” He sighed. “Something’s definitely not right, Blueblood. I sense a disturbance in the plot.”

Blueblood blinked. “Oh! Um… Have you tried… Preparation H?” he asked.

The Doctor gave him a look. “NOT THAT KIND OF PLOT, YOU MORON!” he shouted in annoyance. He then calmed himself. “The plot is… well, think of it as an unseen force. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds our universe together. As a Time Pony, I can see the turn of the plot. What is fixed, what is in flux, what makes sense, and what is an anomaly. In a normal story, the plot should flow smoothly and make sense. But here… I have to go.” The Doctor as he got up from the sofa.

“Wait! You’re leaving?” asked Blueblood in surprise. “Just like that?”

“I’m sorry to leave so abruptly, Blueblood,” said the Doctor. “There are things that need attending to.”

Blueblood got up as well. “Doctor, I don’t understand what’s going on!”

“Nor do I, Blueblood,” said the Doctor. Blueblood could hear worry in the Doctor’s voice as he spoke. “I sense a great evil. I must confront it alone. But should I fail, it will fall to you and your friends to save the day in a suitably heroic fashion. Find Princess Luna. Listen to everything she has to say. Find out what she knows. All hope now lies in her.”

The Doctor then whistled. A second later, Blueblood was startled as the Doctor’s blue police box suddenly appeared out of thin air in the corner of the room, having apparently been cloaked there the whole time. The Doctor opened the door of the police box and walked inside, closing it behind him. The TARDIS then made its whining mechanical droning noise as it disappeared from the room.

Blueblood was left there, not sure what to think. The doctor had told him to find Princess Luna, but it was at that moment that Blueblood remembered he couldn’t because he couldn’t leave his house because of the collar around his neck.

“Oh well,” Blueblood thought to himself.

…………….

Comet Tail walked back into his house, having just returned from the post office. Caramel and Pokey Pierce were raiding Comet’s fridge and making themselves some daffodil sandwiches when he walked in.

“I sent a letter to the Canterlot Department of Science,” said Comet. “I let them know about my discovery.”

“You mean our discovery, right?” asked Pokey.

“No. I mean my discovery, seeing as I was the one who discovered it.”

“But we were with you when you found it!” said Caramel.

“You were both sleeping on the couch!” said Comet. “Anyway, I hope they contact me soon about my discovery. At the rate the phenomenon is expanding, I imagine they will want to take immediate action. Who knows? I might even get an audience with the Princesses!” he said excitedly.

Just then there was a knock at the front door.

“Wow! I wasn’t expecting them to respond this quickly,” said Comet.

“I really doubt it,” said Pokey, rolling his eyes. “You just sent that letter a few minutes ago.”

Comet walked over to the door and opened it. He was surprised when he found three royal guards, two pegasi, and one a unicorn, standing outside.

“Hello?” asked Comet.

“Hello,” said the unicorn guard. Unlike most other unicorn guards, this one had a dark curled mustache, and a light blue fur coat. “I’m Captain Sharp Spear. Are you Comet Tail?”

Comet smiled. They had to be there because of his letter. Though how they had gotten it and read it in such a short amount he had no idea, but at the moment he didn’t care.

“Yes. That’s me!” he said. “You must be here about my discovery?”

“Indeed, we are,” said Sharp Spear. “In the interest of the security of the Kingdom, I’m afraid you are all under arrest.”

Comet blinked. Pokey and Caramel looked up from where they were in the house behind him, both of their mouths filled with sandwich.

“What? There must be some mistake!” said Comet.

“There’s no mistake,” said Sharp Spear. “I’m afraid you all just know a bit too much for your own good.” His horn glowed with a violet aura as he levitated out several pairs of hoof cuffs from behind him.

Comet, Pokey, and Caramel gulped.