• Published 5th May 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 28 Comments

To Boldly Hoof It - HeatherIsBestPlayer



Blueblood and his friends travel into space to save Equestria from a giant plot hole. A MLP FiM parody of TGWTG's 'To Boldly Flee'.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,233

Ch 1. Midnight Visitor

Three days passed since Blueblood was placed under house arrest. Blueblood tried to pass the time in his house with what ever he could think of. Reading, eating, visits from some of his friends and girlfriend. He even tried cleaning to pass the time. No matter what he tried, however, he couldn’t distract himself from the fact that he was board out of his mind. He thought to himself how ironic it was that usually he had no complaints about spending an entire day without leaving his mansion, but now that he couldn’t leave it, he suddenly wanted to now more than ever.

One night, while he was asleep in bed, once again having the same dream as the previous nights, he was awoken by a loud noise. Blueblood sat up in bed, lighting up his horn to illuminate the room. He saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Then he heard another noise. It had come from downstairs, and it sounded like something made of glass had been shattered.

“Burglars!” Blueblood gasped to himself silently. He reached over to pick up his phone and dial 911, but when his hoof only met air, he then remembered that phones had not been invented yet in their universe somehow.

Blueblood frantically thought about what he should do. His first instinct was to simply lock the door to his room and hide under the covers. But then he remembered that he and his friends had stood up to and defeated King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis a year ago, and that he had learned to be brave that day. So Blueblood took a deep breath, and put on a determined expression.

The Prince climbed out of his bed and walked over to the door to his bedroom. Before opening the door, he thought that he should have a weapon to defend himself with. Doing a quick scan around his bedroom, he picked up a lamp with his magic and levitated it over next to him. Feeling ready, he took another deep breath, and opened his bedroom door.

Taking a peek out into the hallway and seeing no one, he silently crept out into the hallway and proceeded over to the staircase downstairs.

He heard more noises coming from down below. The sound of hooves across hard wooden floor.

Blueblood got to the staircase and started to head down it, being as silent as he possibly could on the wooden steps. He then noticed, out of the corner of his eye, the dark figure of a pony moving around in the foyer below him. Using his magic, Blueblood lit all the lights in the room, hoping to take the intruder by surprise so he could then knock them out with his lamp. As the entire room was illuminated with light, however, Blueblood was shocked to see that the intruder was none other than his great aunt, Princess Luna.

Princess Luna looked up at him in surprise, and Blueblood set his lamp down on the floor.

“Auntie Luna!” Blueblood exclaimed. “What are you doing here!?” Blueblood then noticed a broken vase lying in pieces on the floor beside the table it had been on, realizing that that must have been the sound he had heard earlier.

Luna suddenly flapped her big wings and flew up to where Blueblood was on the staircase, landing right in front of him and looking him in the eyes. Her eyes were wide and she had a crazed expression on her face.

“Blueblood!” she said, her voice filled with urgency. “Thou must help us! Take us home!”

To say the least, Blueblood was confused. “Auntie Luna… we are home. My home. Why did you break into my house? And in the middle of the night?”

“The middle of the night!?” said Luna, still acting weird. “Then perhaps there is still time! Search for my body, Blueblood! Find… the hole!”

Blueblood was taken aback, not sure what Luna was talking about. “Um… auntie Luna, there is no way I’m looking for your hole.”

Luna continued. “The hole! It’s coming!”

Blueblood was becoming disgusted. “Please stop talking about your coming hole, auntie.”

Luna then put her front hoof on Blueblood’s face. “Find it! Before Celestia finds out! She must not find out! I have to tell you... I don’t have much time!”

Blueblood pushed his aunt’s hoof off of his face. “I think you need a doctor, auntie Luna.”

Suddenly Luna’s eyes rolled back in her head as she began to fall forward. Blueblood let out a yelp as the larger pony collapsed on top of him, pining him down on the stairs.

“And now I need a doctor too!” he grunted from underneath her.

…...........

Elsewhere in Equestria, at a small home in Ponyville, a yellow unicorn stallion named Comet Tail was looking up at the night sky with his telescope. On the couch in the room behind him, his friends, Pokey Pierce and Caramel were asleep on the couch. They had been at this all night.

Comet Tail mumbled to himself as he looked through his telescope, his eyes struggling to stay open from lack of sleep.

“I know I saw it last night!” he said to himself. “Oh, why didn’t I write the coordinates down?”

He heard a yawn behind him and the sound of a pony stirring, but didn’t bother looking up from his telescope to see who it was. Then he heard a groggy Pokey Pierce speak.

“Oh my gosh, Comet, are you still up? Would you give it a rest, man?”

“I know I saw it!” said Comet. “And I want to be the one to say I discovered it!”

“You really need a marefriend, Comet,” said Pokey. “You should just buck up the courage and ask her out already!”

“Who?” said Comet.

“You know who!” said Pokey. “That mare you’ve had a crush on since you first met her. I believe your exact words were ‘our foals will be smart and beautiful’.” Pokey chuckled.

“You’re one to talk,” said Comet in annoyance. “You don’t have a marefriend either.”

“Hey, I’m still getting over the break up, okay!” snapped Pokey.

“Its been six months! You’re seriously not...” Comet suddenly cut off.

“Comet?” Pokey asked.

Comet Tail then suddenly jumped up from his telescope. “I FOUND IT!” he shouted gleefully. Turning around to face his friend. “I FOUND THE PHENOMENON!” Then he frowned as he noticed one of his friends was missing. “Hey! Where’s Thunder Lane?”

“Oh,” said Pokey. “He mentioned something about life being too short, and then left to go hook up with those two twin pegasus sisters. Cloudchaser and Flitter, I think their names are.”

“Oh. Well anyway, I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!” Comet pointed over to the telescope.

Pokey sighed and walked over to the telescope while Comet got to work waking Caramel.

“CARAMEL! WAKE UP! I FOUND IT!”

Caramel groaned. “Unless you’re a beautiful mare, I’m going back to sleep.” Caramel turned over, trying to do just that.

Comet’s horn glowed and he used his magic to roll Caramel off the couch.

“OW! HEY!” Caramel shouted as he hit the floor.

“Come on!” urged Comet. “Before it gets too light out, come over here and see my discovery!” Comet was almost giddy as he bounced back over to the telescope.

Caramel groaned as he got to his hooves and started heading over to the telescope with Comet and Pokey. “What happened to the good old days when we would just order a pizza and play Halo all night?” he complained.

“Well, what do you think?” Comet asked.

“What is that thing?” asked Pokey.

“I don’t know,” said Comet. “At first I thought it was a galaxy, but its way too small and too close to be that.”

“Let me have a see!” said Caramel. Pokey backed off and Caramel put his eye to the opening. “I see it! Wow, that thing is weird! It looks like some sort of hole in space. Could it be a black hole?”

“No,” Comet Tail shook his head. “Black holes are super dense collapsed stars that have such a powerful gravitational pull that even light can’t escape from them, so we wouldn’t even be able to see them. But this thing is clearly visible! Plus, it’s to close to be a black hole.”

“Where is it exactly?” asked Pokey.

Comet pushed Caramel out of the way and looked through the scope. “Well if I had to estimate, it appears to be near… Titan.”

“Titan?” asked Caramel.

“Yeah. Its one of Saturn’s moons,” said Comet.

Caramel pushed Comet out of the way and looked through the telescope himself again. “Oh yeah, I see it.” Then after a few seconds he said, “Hey, is it just me, or is that thing getting bigger?”

Comet pushed Caramel aside again and looked through the eyepiece. After a few moments he spoke. “You’re right! That thing is expanding, slowly, but surely.”

“Is that bad?” asked Pokey.

“Eventually it could be,” said Comet, looking up from the telescope at his friend. “But I’d need more information on it before I can make an accurate hypothesis.”

“You think we should tell somepony about this?” asked Caramel.

Comet thought for a moment. “Good idea.”