• Published 5th May 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 28 Comments

To Boldly Hoof It - HeatherIsBestPlayer



Blueblood and his friends travel into space to save Equestria from a giant plot hole. A MLP FiM parody of TGWTG's 'To Boldly Flee'.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,233

Ch 14. Distraction

“Here you go,” Catbug said to Rarity as he held out a microphone to Rarity on the bridge of the Ascendency. Rarity’s horn glowed with blue magic, and she levitated the microphone into the air and brought it up to her mouth. Catbug then walked over to the Karaoke machine they had brought onto the bridge and, flaring his ladybug wings, flew up to the controls and pressed the start button.

“Oh my, this is going to be so much fun!” Rarity said as the music began playing. She looked at the Karaoke machine and began to sing the lyrics that started to appear on the screen.

“There’s a fire going on

But the party’s just begun

So keep your focus looking at me tonight.

So the world’s about to end

Gonna party with my friends

And ain’t nopony gonna say it’s not right.”

………………

Down in an empty corridor in another part of the Ascendency, there were two bright flashes of light as Sunset and Score appeared. In addition to Sunset wearing a red bandana on her head like Winry Rockbell, she was also wearing a pair of saddlebags full of mechanical equipment and tools she would need to tamper with the ships tactical computer.

Score was wearing a grey bandana around his head and an eye patch over his left eye.

Sunset looked at her partner in confusion. “Why are you wearing a bandana and an eye patch?”

“Because it makes me look dangerous!” Score said with a grin.

Sunset rolled her eyes and the two began walking through the corridor. “Well, wearing an eye patch isn’t going to help your depth perception,” said Sunset.

* Smack! *

Score, at that moment, had walked face first into a support beam in the middle of the corridor. Score stumbled backwards and held his nose with his hoof, groaning in pain.

“See?” said Sunset callously while she continued walking.

“Who put that there?” Score grunted, standing in the middle of the corridor, still pressing his hoof against his nose.

“Would you quit your fooling around, you knobhead!” Sunset snapped at him impatiently. She turned her head and looked around them in all directions. “Lets find a map or something so we can find that computer room!”

………………

Back up on the bridge, Rarity continued to sing while Shinging Armor and the rest of the crewponies and guards watched her.

“And I know... nothing’s gonna stand in my way,

No matter the ponies may say,

Just don’t turn around and keep looking straight.

And I see... that everypony’s starting to yell...

How the world around you’s going to Hell.

I’m here to tell you all it’s just fate.”

………………

On the Heart Star, two unicorn guards were walking through a corridor when suddenly, up ahead of them in the corridor, there was a bright flash of light, and then something appeared from it. They paused.

It looked like a griffon, except it was covered from beak to tail in silver and black metal armor. It looked like a griffon version of Robocop.

It turned it’s head and looked at them. “I’m Robogriffon!” it said in a mechanized female voice, so they guessed it was a she. “Put down your weapons! You have five seconds to comply.”

The two unicorn guards looked at each other, and then looked back at the intruder. “But… our weapons are our horns. We can’t put them down because they’re attached to our heads.”

“Sucks to be you then,” the griffon said. A split second later, she grabbed something on her right thigh with her front talons and brought it out in front of her, pointing it at the two guards. The surprised guards had no time to react when the gun suddenly glowed with purple light, and then a blast of blue, magical energy shot out of a small opening at the end of the barrel. It struck the two guards, who instantly shook like they were being zapped with electricity, and then collapsed onto the floor, unconscious.

Gilda looked down at the magitech Caster gun Sunset had made for her. “I love this thing!” she said with a grin.

She then looked around her, making sure the coast was clear both directions in the corridor, and the bolted off through it in search for Lightning Dust.

………………

Back on the bridge of the Ascendency, Rarity continued singing.

“I’m a distraction

Of pure satisfaction,

Keep your eyes all on me,

For what you’re gonna see

Will redefine the height of attraction.

I’m a distraction

And I’m ready for action,

So the world’s gonna blow,

Stop complaining and go to the show.”

………………

“It looks like the computer room is this way,” said Sunset, pointing at a spot on the internal map of the ship she and Score had found on the wall in one of the corridors of the Ascendency.

Suddenly they head approaching hoof steps and voices. They both turned their heads and looked in the direction the voices were coming from.

“Someone’s coming,” hissed Sunset.

“Hide!” said Score. He turned back to Sunset, only to see that she was suddenly gone.

“Sunset?” Score asked. He looked around him in all directions, but Sunset was suddenly nowhere to be seen.

Score heard the hoof steps and voices still approaching from down the corridor. Growling in frustration, and not seeing anywhere else to hide, he did the only thing he could think of doing. He pulled out a folded up large cardboard box from his saddlebags, quickly folded it into a box, and hid underneath it. He kept still as he heard the hoof steps approaching him him.

“I heard there’s this thing on the bridge we should see!” said a male voice. “Some sort of adorable little cat thing with ladybug wings!”

“Oh my, gosh, I want to see that!” said an excited female voice.

Score waited and listened as he heard the hoof steps pass by the box outside. He was about to breath a sigh of relief when he heard one of them stop outside his box.

“Hey, did we always have a pony size box here?” asked a third male voice.

The other hoof steps also stopped outside. Score started to panic, praying for a miracle. That they would just walk away from the box and not discover him.

However he had no such luck as the box was suddenly lifted up, and the head of an Earth pony royal guard came into view. Going with the first idea that came to mind, Score spun around and bucked the surprised guard right in his head.

The guard fell backwards onto his back, knocked out from the blow. Score didn’t celebrate, however, because at that moment, he saw two more royal guards standing in front of him, a unicorn mare, and a pegasus stallion. The unicorn was pointing her horn at him, and it lit up with a yellow glow as she prepared to cast a spell at him.

Score cringed and readied himself for the attack, knowing there was nothing he could do.

Suddenly, the unicorn flinched and grunted, stumbling backwards like she had just been hit in the face. Her horn stopped glowing as she lost her concentration on her spell. Then she stumbled forward, like she had been hit on the back of her head, and then she collapsed to the floor, knocked out.

Score and the other guard had watched the scene in complete bewilderment. Then the exact same thing happened to the other guard, who fell to the floor unconscious beside his friend.

Just as Score was struggling to figure out just what the heck had happened, there was a distortion in the air in front of him, and then Sunset Shimmer appeared.

Score stared at her in amazement. “How did you do that?”

“The cloaking device I invented,” said Sunset with a shrug.

Score gaped at her. “You invented a cloaking device!? Why didn’t you give me one?”

“Because I only had the one. Now come on! Lets hoof it before somepony finds these guards!” She gestured to the three unconscious guards lying at their hooves.

………………

Back up on the bridge, Rarity continued to sing.

“There’s explosions in the sky

And the neighborhood is fried

But you don’t have to join them in all the fuss.

Act like nothing’s going wrong

And just keep playing my song

Until there’s nothing left around here but us.”

Rarity levitated the microphone over to a surprised Shining Armor, whose horn glowed blue as he took the mic into his own magic and levitated it out in front of him.

“No, Rarity, don’t make me…” Shining Armor began, but then quickly brought the mic to his mouth as the next lyrics began to appear on the screen, and began to sing.

“And I know... something’s gonna happen tonight

All the stars around us start taking flight

But there’s something that invites me to stay,

'Cause I’m drawn... to the rhythm of the music they play

And we’re all gonna die anyway

So enjoy it while you can, come what may.”

Rarity came over next to Shining Armor and pulled the mic a bit lower down with her magic, and leaned her head up so that both she and Shining Armor could sing into it together.

“We’re a distraction

Of pure satisfaction

There’s a war going on

But in here, we all won

‘Cause nopony is slowing the traction”

………………

Back on the Heart Star, Gilda came across a big heavy door that had a sign on it that read ‘Restricted Area’. Hoping she would find Lightning Dust inside, she pulled out a red Caster shell and loaded it into her gun. She then fired it at the door, releasing a red blast of magical energy that blasted the door open.

When the smoke cleared she looked inside the doorway. She didn’t find Lightning Dust, but what she did find made her eyes widen.

Inside was a large room, except she wasn’t sure if she should call it a room because it didn’t look like it had a ceiling of floor. It was more like an open shaft, going upwards and downwards for what looked like forever. Running down in the center of the open shaft was a giant metal tube. The tube was glowing with white lights, which were running up and down all over it, and it was humming loudly like it was pulsating with energy. It was connected to the walls of the giant shaft by a bunch of other smaller tubes.

“Well, this looks important!” said Gilda with a smirk. She flapped her wings, which were two of the few things not covered in robot armor, and flew out into the shaft.

She loaded another red caster shell into her gun, and then aimed it at the humming, glowing tube running through the shaft. She then began opening fire on the tube.

The red magical energy blasts hit the tube, causing big explosions wherever they struck.

“This is fun!” Gilda said cheerfully as she kept flying around inside the shaft and firing the gun.

After several good hits in several locations on the tube and causing some decent damage to it, the humming that was coming from it suddenly came to a whining stop, and the glowing lights that were coming from it flickered for a few moments, and then went out.

Flapping her wings and staying hovering in mid air, she admired her handiwork of destruction for a few seconds before she spun around and began flying back towards the way she had come in from. She stopped mid air, however, when she saw several pegasus guards appear in the doorway.

“STOP!” they yelled at her angrily when they saw her.

Having no interest in complying with their demands, Gilda flapped her wings and dived down the shaft away from them. Looking back up above her while she dived, she saw the pegasus guards flying into the shaft after her.

Looks like they want to play aerial tag, Gilda thought to herself.

………………

Back on the bridge of the Ascendency, Rarity and Shining Armor kept singing.

“Take a step, come inside,

Buy a stub, ride the ride of your life”

Shining Armor began singing solo again.

“Nothing ever will come from saying never,

So join the fun wherever it is.

There’s a power that’s growing by the hour,

I’m positive I don’t want to miss.

I’m a distraction…”

………………

Score and Sunset burst into the computer room. Inside they immediately saw several refrigerator size metal boxes, all of them covered in thousands of wires, dials, circuit boards, tape reels, buttons, and blinking lights. They instantly realized these must be the computers they were looking for. They walked over to them.

“These computers network the whole fleet’s weapons systems together so they can coordinate their attacks with each other,” said Sunset. “Make sure they don’t accidentally hit each other in the crossfire. An incredibly organized system.” She then looked at him with a grin. “So what do you say we make a little chaos?”

“I’d say Discord would be proud,” said Score in agreement.

“Okay. Time for me to work my magic,” said Sunset as she got to work on the computers.

Score watched as Sunset took off her saddlebags and began rummaging through them. She levitated out a few tools like pliers and wrenches, and started opening up the computers.

“So…” Score said idly while Sunset did her work, “when all this is over… you want to… get dinner together sometime, or…?”

“I already have a boyfriend,” said Sunset flatly while she was pulling some wires with her pliers.

“Oh,” said Score in disappointment, his ears lowering against his head sadly.

“His name is Edward Elric,” Sunset continued. “He’s a state alchemist! He has blond hair like me, two automail limbs that I made for him myself, and he’s very short because he didn’t drink enough milk when he was a child.” She shook her head. “He hates milk!”

“Oh,” Score responded. He realized that whoever this Edward Elric was just must be ‘Winry’s’ boyfriend, whoever it was she had turned into because of the anomaly that had affected her.

………………

Back up on the bridge, Rarity and Shining Armor were still singing.

“We’re a distraction

Of pure satisfaction.

Keep your eyes all on me

For what you’re gonna see

Will redefine the height of attraction.

I’m a distraction

And I’m ready for action.

So the world’s gonna blow,

Stop complaining and go.

Just start watching the show

'Cause there’s no more to know.

Here we go!”

………………

Blueblood could see the glowing swirling vortex that was the plot hole ahead of him in space. It looked like it had gotten even bigger since the last time he had seen it. It looked like it had nearly doubled in size.

He hesitated for a moment. His heart was pounding and his breathing was heavy with nervousness and fear. What if he was wrong about this, and he was flying to his own death? He was half considering turning back and not going through with what he was going to do, but he knew deep down he had come to far now to do that.

“Well, I didn’t fly all the way out here to not do this,” he told himself nervously. “I’m not wrong. There’s something, or someone, that sent us those dreams. I know my destiny lies in there. I’m sure of it.”

Hesitating for a few moments more, he finally just swallowed his fear, and pushed forward on the navigation controls with his magic. The escape pod Blueblood was in accelerated forward towards the opening in space.

Just as Blueblood was about to cross the threshold, he instinctively sucked in a breath of air and held it, and closed his eyes. And then the escape pod flew into the swirling vortex of the plot hole…

………………

I’m a distraction,” sang Shining Armor.

He’s a distraction,” sang Rarity.

We’re a distraction,” the two white unicorns sang together.

Then Catbug flew up into the air to the microphone Rarity and Shining Armor were sharing.

We're a distwactiooooooooooooooooon!!!” he sang loudly and adorably.

All the guards and crewponies on the bridge applauded and cheered for Shining Armor and Rarity and Catbug after they finished singing the song.

“I love you,” Rarity suddenly whispered to Shining Armor while the ponies were applauding them. Immediately after she said that, she wondered why she just had. She had just been so in the moment that she hadn’t been able to resist saying it to him.

Shining Armor looked down at her in surprise. “What was that?” he asked.

Rarity started to panic, frantically trying to think of something to say. “I said… err… I love… food.”

“You love food?” Shining Armor said to Rarity, raising an eyebrow at her in confusion.

“Yes! I love food! Now let us never speak of this again.” She let out a sigh of relief.

………………

“Done!” said Sunset as she took a step back from the computers. “I’ll signal Entomala that we’re done.”

She levitated all her tools back into her bag, and then she levitated out a small, round device from the bag. She pressed a button on it, and the device began making a beeping noise.

Several seconds later, Score and Sunset were both instantly teleported back to the Defiant in a flash of light.

………………

“I want to sing ‘Let It Go’ next!” cried Rarity with glee. “I’d make a perfect Elsa!”

Suddenly they all heard a beeping noise coming from somewhere on the bridge.

“What’s that?” asked Shining Armor.

Catbug reached behind him and pulled a small round device out from under his ladybug wings, revealing the beeping was coming from it.

“Well, looks like its time for me to go,” said Catbug, suddenly smiling sinisterly.

“What?” said Rarity, confused.

“Oh, and by the way…”

Everyone on the bridge gasped loudly when Catbug’s eyes suddenly glowed a sickly green, and then green flames ran up his entire body. When the flames cleared, Catbug was gone, and a changeling queen with red eyes was now standing there, grinning evilly at them all.

“Fooled you!” she sang in a mocking tone.

A second later, the changeling queen disappeared in a bright flash of light, leaving everyone on the bridge with looks of shock and confusion.

………………

Back on the bridge of the Defiant, Flam’s voice was heard on the ships intercom. “Everyone, Sunset, Score, and Entomala are back on board!” he said.

Trixie pressed the intercom button on the captain’s chair. “What about Gilda?” she asked.

“No, nothing yet,” Flam responded. “She still hasn’t activated her beacon.”

“All right,” acknowledged Trixie, wondering how Gilda was doing rescuing Lightning Dust. “Well, we need to strike the fleet before they find out what we’ve done to their computers. So let's begin this attack! Dumbbell, take us into firing range!”

“Aye aye, Captain!” Dumbbell said enthusiastically as he began working the navigation controls.

………………

Back on the Heart Star, Gilda continued to evade the pegasus guards that were flying after her inside the giant shaft. She fired the Caster gun back at her pursuers, managing to hit a few of them and stun them, sending them falling out of the air and down the shaft into the darkness below.

“GILDA!?”

Gilda’s ears perked up at the voice she recognized all too well. She looked around in every direction for Lightning Dust, not quite sure where her voice had come from, as it was kind of echoy inside the shaft. Then she spotted Lightning Dust standing up above her in the same doorway Gilda had entered the shaft through. She flew up to where she was and landed right beside her.

“Lightning Dust!” Gilda took off her helmet so her friend could see that it was her. “Come on! Lets get out of here!”

Lightning Dust just stared at her with a shocked look on her face. “I can’t believe it! You actually came to save me!”

“Of course I did! Couldn’t resist a chance to have you owe me one, after all,” Gilda joked.

“What’s with the Robocop getup?” asked Lightning Dust, gesturing to what Gilda was wearing.

“Yeah, well, I asked Sunset to make me a cyborg, but she said she wouldn’t cut off my limbs just to give me robot parts because it was ‘immoral’, or some crap like that, so she made me a Robocop suit instead. Now come on! Lets blow this joint!”

Lightning Dust hesitated and didn’t move. Gilda stared at her friend in confusion.

“Lighting, what are you waiting for? Lets go!”

“I’m sorry,” Lightning Dust said.

Before Gilda could do anything, Lightning Dust suddenly spun around and then bucked Gilda right in her head, hard. The stunned griffon let out a squawk of surprise and pain, and then blacked out…

………………

Back on the bridge of the Ascendency, Rarity and Shining Armor and the rest of the crew on the bridge were trying to understand just what the heck had just happened.

“A changeling queen?!” Shinging Armor exclaimed, still staring at the spot where the monster had disappeared. Bad memories of changelings instantly started flooding back to him. He involuntarily shuddered at those memories.

“What was a changeling queen doing here?” asked Rarity, sounding just as terrified as Shining Armor felt at that moment.

Suddenly, one of the crewponies spoke up loudly from their post. “Sir, the Defiant has just been spotted on our sensors! It’s headed right towards us!”

“What!?” exclaimed Shining, instantly coming back to reality. He walked towards the front of the bridge in front of the viewscreen. “On screen!”

The viewscreen changed to the image of Blueblood’s mansion, turned space ship, off in the distance, coming from the direction of the yellow moon Titan. It was indeed flying right towards their position.

Shining Armor regained his composure and calmed himself so he could focus on the situation at hoof. “Open communications with the fleet,” he ordered.

“Yes, sir,” said another crewpony.

There was a small beep, indicating the channel was open, and Shining Armor began speaking. “All ships, this is Shining Armor. Lock on to the Defiant and fire on my command. Fire to disable only! I repeat, fire to disable only! Remember, Princess Luna is on board that ship. We want to get her back alive and unharmed.”

A few seconds passed before the crewpony spoke again. “The fleet’s responded, sir. They’re standing by.”

Shining Armor nodded. On the viewscreen he could see the rest of his fleet moving into position between the Defiant and the Heart Star, right beside his ship, ready to fire upon the Defiant.

He waited for the Defiant to get into firing range of their cannons. Shining smirked smugly when he saw the Defiant was still heading straight towards the armada.

“The idiots aren’t even changing coarse,” he said with a chuckle to his crew. “What the heck are they thinking?”

His crew all smirked at him in agreement with what he said.

After a few more moments, the Defiant finally came into their weapons’ range. “Fire!” Shining Armor ordered.

The fleet opened fire, and then Shining’s smug smile instantly disappeared when the ship suddenly gave a sharp lurch to the side like it had been hit by something, and he almost lost his balance. A split second later, the ship suddenly shook sharply again. On the viewscreen, he saw in horror that their fleet was all firing energy blasts on each other instead of on the Defiant. A blast from his own ship struck the ship beside them, the Destiny.

“CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!” Shining shouted in panic over the commotion on the bridge. He had no idea what was going on. On the viewscreen, he saw the other four ships in the fleet taking heavy damage from each other’s energy beam weapons. Realizing he had to do something quickly, began pumping magic into his horn as he prepared to cast the spell he was famous for with his skill at. Concentrating as hard as he could, he cast his shield spell around their entire ship. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the magical shield around their ship now protecting them from the energy blasts from the other ships.

But his relief was short lived as he saw what was happening to the other four ships on the viewscreen. The ships were literally being broken apart by the assaults they were taking, huge chunks of debris being hurled from their hulls by explosions. The glowing magical energy spheres within the ring in the center of the ships faded as the ships lost power, and the ships began drifting from their positions, completely out of control. The Destiny and the Devotion crashed into each other, their hulls crumbling from the impact. A few moments later, the Harmony and the Monarch also collided with each other. The four ships were now floating completely powerless in space, debris from their hulls floating all around them like a cloud.

Shining Armor and Rarity, and the rest of the crew on the bridge of the Ascendency, all stared at the wreckage of their fleet with mouths agape and eyes as wide as saucers.

“WHAT IN TARTARUS JUST HAPPENED!?!” Shining Armor demanded furiously.

“DID WE JUST DESTROY OUR OWN ARMADA!?!” exclaimed Rarity.

Shining Armor turned to his crew. “SOMEPONY EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED?”

After several seconds, one of the crewponies at a computer console spoke. “Sir, there appears to be some sort of glitch in our networked tactical computers!”

Shining looked at him. “A glitch!?” he exclaimed.

“Yes, sir. I think it’s been tampered with.”

Shining Armor wondered how this could have happened. Then he remembered the changeling. His eyes widened when realization hit him. “How could I have allowed my self to get fooled like that?!” Shining Armor growled in frustration, angry at both himself, and at the enemy. “And on duty, too! Those sneaky S.O.B.s.” He turned back to his crew. “Switch all tactical controls to manual! Bring us about!”

…………………

On the Defiant, they watched as the enemy ships all opened fire on each other. They had to squint their eyes at the bright explosions as the enemy ships fired on each other. They flew right past the fleet of five distraught ships without a single problem.

“I’m a leaf on the wind,” said Dumbbell to himself as he piloted their ship right past the other ships, swerving to avoid the crossfire of energy blasts. “Watch how I soar!”

Hoops looked over at him. “Dude, did you just quote Wash from Serenity?”

“Yeah. So?”

“Don’t you remember what happened to him after he said that?”

Dumbbell thought, then his eyes widened in realization as he remembered. Then his ears lowered sadly. “Oh. Right.”

Once they were past the armada, they headed straight towards the Heart Star.

Trixie pressed the intercom button on her chair for engineering again. “Flim, Flam, any word from Gilda yet?”

Flim’s voice, or Flam’s voice, she could really tell because they both sounded alike, responded. “No, Trixie. Gilda still hasn’t activated her beacon.”

“The Heart Star is in firing range!” Iron Will announced.

Trixie looked back up at the viewscreen. The giant, heart-shaped space station was right in front of them, defenseless. They had the perfect opportunity to attack it with their alchemy bombs, which Sunset had told them were basically mini-nukes, and put an end to all this madness.

Everybody on the bridge looked at Trixie, wanting to know what they should do.

Trixie sighed in frustration. She knew they couldn’t teleport Gilda or Lightning Dust off the Heart Star unless knew they knew her exact location, but they also couldn’t blow up the Heart Star with their friends still on it.

At that moment, Sunset, Score, and Queen Entomala walked onto the bridge. They looked at the Heart Star on the viewscreen and then looked at everyone on the bridge, clearly wondering what was going on.

Trixie swallowed as she made her decision. “We have to give Gilda more time,” she said to everyone, sitting back in her chair. “We’ll wait.”

“Um… everypony,” said a nervous sounding Jet Set suddenly. Everybody looked at him. “…It looks like one of the enemy battle cruisers… survived!”

Trixie instantly sat up in a panic at what Jet Set said. “WHAT!?”

“It’s moving towards us!”

“On screen,” ordered Trixie.

The viewscreen changed to the view behind their ship, showing one of the giant battle cruisers turning around towards them out of the wreckage of the other disabled battle cruisers. They all groaned when they saw it was none other than Rarity and Shining Armor’s ship, the Ascendency.

At that moment, the ship fired a blast of white energy out of its main cannon at them. The blast passed right close by their ship. So close that they all felt the ship vibrate as it shot by.

“THAT WAS TOO CLOSE!” shouted Hoops in terror.

“I think we pissed them off!” said Dumbbell.

“SHIELDS UP!” Trixie ordered frantically. “MOVE THE SHIP! EVASIVE MANEUVERS!”

Dumbbell and Hoops got to work. The maneuvering thrusters fired and the ship began speeding away from the Ascendency. Sunset hurried over to an empty computer console and started putting up the force field around the ship.

“We’re being hailed!” announced Upper Crust suddenly.

“On screen,” said Trixie.

The image on the viewscreen changed to the image of the Ascendency’s bridge. Shining Armor and Rarity were glaring at them furiously. They did indeed look pissed.

“WHAT IN CELESTIA’S NAME DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” Shining yelled at them.

Trixie narrowed her eyes at the two white unicorns on the screen. “We’re trying to stop Celestia from ruining the world!” she said confidently.

Ruining it!?” exclaimed Rarity. “Princess Celestia is trying to make the world a better place! Horrible ponies like you are the ones ruining the world!”

Shining Armor must have just noticed Entomala at that moment because he the then shouted, “How could you be in league with a changeling!? This proves that you’re all evil!”

“We’re not evil!” shot Upper Crust from her seat. “Celestia’s the evil one! Don’t you realize what she’s doing? She wants to brainwash the entire world!”

“It’s not brainwashing!” Rarity argued back. “Her spell will simply take the inner goodness and better natures of every creature in the world, and bring it out in them. That way, all creatures can finally live together in friendship and happiness.”

“It’s just like my wife’s love spell that she uses to bring out the love ponies have inside them,” Shining Armor added.

Trixie gritted her teeth and growled. “How can you just be completely okay with Celestia, or any of the princesses, messing with everypony’s minds with magic? Don’t you think that’s… violating them?”

Rarity stuck up her nose at them. “Not in the least. Princess Celestia knows what is best for all of us! She is the kindest, wisest, most wonderful pony in the entire world, and she is always right!”

“HA!” shouted Entomala suddenly, buzzing her wings and flying up to the front of the bridge, right where the viewscreen was. “Don’t you know what that bitch Celestia has done!? She created my kind, the changelings, by trying to mind-rape a bunch of ponies with her spell a millennia ago! Oh, and the whole story about Nightmare Moon is also a lie! Celestia turned Luna evil on purpose so she wouldn’t tell everypony about her little secret.”

“BLASPHEMY!” Rarity shouted in total rage back at Entomala. “HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT THE PRINCESS THAT WAY!?”

“YOU HONESTLY EXPECT US TO BELIEVE A LOAD OF LIES LIKE THAT?!” Shining Armor yelled, just as enraged as Rarity was.

“It’s the truth!” said Trixie. “We saw it in Luna’s memories!”

“Yeah, right!” Shining Armor scoffed. “By the way, where’s Blueblood?”

Trixie froze at that question.

“Yes, where is that pathetic excuse for a pony,” said Rarity, her eyes looking around their bridge.

Trixie panicked. She didn’t think telling them he had gone into the plot hole was a good idea. They might start… firing into the plot hole or something. She tried to quickly think up a lie for him.

“Oh, he’s… um… in the john!” she said. She mentally cursed herself for coming up with such a stupid reply, but it had been the first thing that had popped into her head.

Rarity scoffed. “I’m sure. More likely he’s hiding somewhere, like the coward he is!”

Shining Armor nodded in agreement. “Surrender now, and give us back Princess Luna, or you will all face the consequences!” With that, Shining Armor’s horn glowed with blue light, and the transmission suddenly ended, the viewscreen cutting back to the view outside the ship of the Ascendency chasing after them.

Balls!” Trixie cursed. “Evasive maneuvers! Weapons at the ready!” She knew this wasn’t gonna be a walk in the park, and she knew the rest of them knew that as well. Darn it, Gilda, what’s taking you so long!?

Author's Note:

Hi everyone. Sorry this chapter took a while. Anyway, lot of references in this chapter. Score is dressed as Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series, Gilda's new look is a Robocop reference, and the Caster gun she was using was from Outlaw Star, and Dumbbell quoted Wash from Serenity. And for those of you who haven't seen To Boldly Flee, the song Rarity and Shining Armor were singing was from that movie.

So, anyway, please leave a review, please! I'm DYING to know your opinions of my story! Please :fluttershysad: Your comments help me write faster.