• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 7,093 Views, 157 Comments

My Little Luffy - Fluttrick

  • ...
17
 157
 7,093

Departure

"Twilight." She felt her name called. "Twilight." Now something was shaking her body side to side. "Twilight!"

"Wah- Oh Spike, what's wrong with you!? It's like three in the morning for Pete's sake!"

"But Princess Celestia replied to your letter!" The baby dragon explained as he handed her the scroll which she quickly unraveled then skimmed through quickly. A grim expression etched across her face by the time she finished reading. Dropping the scroll on the floor, she started in a full gallop for the door.

"Spike! Get the others! Tell them to meet me at Sugar Cube Corner, and if I don't make it back before five then tell them they can go back home." She finished just as she went out the door. And she was off, galloping frantically towards Luffy's house.

Back at the library, Spike picked up the scroll that Twilight had dropped onto the floor. In script the princess wrote.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

This is not acceptable. Punishment will be given to the human known as Monkey.D.Luffy.

Your Disappointed Mentor,

Princess Celestia

Upon understanding the situation, Spike gripped the scroll and headed off to follow Twilight's orders. Time was not on their side, not at all.

--------------

Bucking the door open, Twilight entered the small hut-like house.

"Luffy!" She called, but to no avail. There was no sight of the cheeky, carefree human in sight. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she fell to her knees. "I'm-I'm too late..." A single tear escaped her eye as she headed back out the door. Her next destination Sugar Cube Corner. During the long walk from Luffy's house to Sugar Cube Corner, she couldn't tell which felt worse, finding out that Luffy was dead, or the future when she would have to tell them the grave news. But truthfully she didn't care, she just wanted her newest dear friend back with her.

Just then, a sudden fury flowed through her.

Princess Celestia sent me here to make friends and keep that bond strong! It isn't fair! And it doesn't make sense! The thoughts raced through her mind as Sugar Cube Corner came into view. Slowly, she walked up to the candy themed door, the burden she carried was undoubtedly heavy, but she must carry it, for Luffy, for her friends.

----------------

(An hour before Twilight Arrived At Luffy's House)

The constant sound of Luffy's snoring filled the small hut-like house through the night, that is, until the rhythmic beat of pegasus wings echoed from above. Two alicorns silently landed at the front door. Their ears listening intently for any sign of the human's awakening.

"Do you think he's awake Tia?" Luna asked quietly.

"No, he's out cold. Let's go on the mark of, three, two, one, now!" And with that the two weaved through the room and appeared beside Luffy's bedside. His continuous snoring meant he was still asleep. Silently, Celestia levitated Luffy up from the bed and then Luna levitated a rope around him, binding his arms and legs together.

(Not very) Surprisingly, he hadn't woken up, but still, the two princesses kept to the task at hoof. Capture, then punish. Celestia knew that Twilight would be angry with her, and possibly have a grudge after this was all finished and done, but she knew that over time, her pupil would move on and forget all about it.

Probably.

There was no true way of knowing. All Luna knew at the moment was that she was to help her sister capture a human. That was what really caught her attention when her sister informed her of their mission.

Swiftly and silently, the two once again weaved through the night. Their wing beats soft and muffled as they flew low to the ground. Luna had asked her sister many times why they did not just teleport to the human and back to Canterlot with the same means of transportation, but all Celestia said was that her horn was exhausted from a recent incident.

Many thoughts occupied the sisters' minds as they flew into Canterlot. Little did they know of the one big mistake they'd made upon entering the castle doors. For the first room they entered was the kitchen, fragrant smells of dinner leftovers and used pans and pots filled the area.

Immediately Luffy's eyes drifted open, and he muttered in a hollow voice. "Foooood."

"Tia..." Luna warned her sister in a concerned voice,

"I know." The princess of the sun replied, her wings now beating vigorously to reach their destination. Just then Luffy began to squirm in his ropes. Each attempt getting stronger and stronger. Muttering the word 'food' in the same drowsy voice. Most likely half asleep, he still managed to regain his strength.

"We're almost there, hurry Luna." Celestia called to the dark blue alicorn lagging behind her.

"Wait Tia! Slow down, or you shall-" But it was too late as Celestia's magical grip on Luffy slipped and he tumbled to the velvet floor.

Snap!

Ever-so slowly, the two sisters looked at each other with wide eyes, then even more slowly to their captive who now stood, his head hanging to his side, but his eyes wide open. Stretching then yawning, he rubbed his eyes a bit then looked around his new environment.

"Where the hell am I?" He asked, still not noticing the two stunned princesses flying above. He then scratched his head, then, his expression changed immediately as his face grew solid and stern. "Where's my hat? Oh no no no no no! Where is it?!!" Finally noticing the two alicorns, he asked angrily. "You two, what did you do to it?!!"

Celestia then spoke back angrily to the human. "We do not know, nor do we care about your loss of possession. All that matters is-"

"Shut the hell up lady and take me back to my house." Just then Celestia noticed her sister's anger about to explode and then rested a hoof on her shoulder and whispered in her ear to return to her quarters. Obediently, her sister did as she was told and left without a single huff. Turning back to the task at hoof, Celestia began.

"I am afraid I cannot do that! In fact, you may never return, for you are an enemy to Equestria, therefore you are an enemy to me. If you do not come quietly, then I will have to make you by force."

"Wait, what did I do?"

"Do not deny your actions Monkey.D.Luffy! You, who destroyed the whole town of Ponyville and endangered its citizens, should know by now that you must pay for your actions."

"Oh, that's what happened yesterday. Well, to tell you the truth I wasn't completely in control, so do I get a second chance?" Luffy asked innocently with a sly grin.

"No. I cannot allow you to walk among my little ponies and endanger them with your uncontrolled strength. I am deeply sorry to do this, for I know my pupil may never forgive me, but I hereby banish you from Equestria. Monkey.D.Luffy, you are hereby an outcast and may never return to this land ever again. Now you may leave."

"But can I at least get my hat?"

"Yes, take your things and leave as fast as you can. You must not endanger those you hold dear."

Luffy thought for a moment about those words. All his life his objective was to be able to protect those he loved, but he'd never imagined that he would be the one to put them in danger.

With a deep sigh, Luffy said. "Okay, I understand." His expression now full of gloom and remorse. And with that he exited the castle and began his long trek back to his house. The door creaked open as faint rays of sunlight from the distance lit the room. There his three possessions lay. A pillow that Twilight had lent him, a blanket that Fluttershy had offered, and his hat.

"There you are, I can't believe I made such a big fuss about all of this." He said placing his treasure atop his head. Then turning to the pillow and blanket. "Better return these back to Twilight and Fluttershy." Picking them up and placing them over his shoulder he set off for Ponyville probably for his last time.

There in the middle of town, stood the public library, where a teary eyed unicorn lay. Broken due to the loss of a dear friend.

"It's not fair..." She muttered quietly to herself and sobbed quietly into her hooves once more. She'd been up all night, which she did commonly for studying or finishing a novel, but last night was different. Last night she mourned for the loss of a friend. "No, no no, no...."

Just then, the door behind her opened revealing the one and only, Monkey.D.Luffy. Immediately she jumped up in surprise and shock, then rushed to him, overcome with joy, only to be stopped by the expression on his face.

"Wait, what's wrong Luffy? What happened?! I thought the princess got you and k- killed-" She was cut off as Luffy placed a hand on her shoulder then knelt down to meet her eye to eye.

"I can't stay." The words were plain and a devoid of any cheery emotion he usually held. "Not with the burden of knowing that each time I am near you, any of you, that I could hurt you, or worse." A tear suddenly fell from his now teary eye. "Tell the others that I won't be coming back. And here." He said placing the pillow and blanket in her hooves. "Can you give the blanket back to Fluttershy, and the others, but especially tell her I'm sorry for making it harder on them all, by making friends, then leaving them behind." Turning his back on Twilight and heading for the door, he muttered quietly to himself. "I really am a monster." Then left without another word.

Truthfully, he hadn't the slightest idea where his crew was. He didn't even know which direction they were in, all he knew was that he had to leave, never to return here.

For them, for my friends. Luffy told himself over and over, but it was never enough to fill the space in his heart that he'd made when he befriended the ponies of Equestria. Nor would it ever if nothing was done soon.