• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 4,027 Views, 213 Comments

Life in Another Pony's Hooves - HonorBound



If given the chance, would you trade bodies with a pony? Even if that pony was Blueblood? I did.

  • ...
22
 213
 4,027

Chapter 01: Pain Of a New Body

I slowly woke up, as I always do in the morning. Rolling around to find a more comfortable position to fall back to sleep with. Finding that none could be had, I raised my wrist to my eyes to rub the sleep from them. I’m not sure why I decided to use my wrists and not my fingers this time around, and the delirium of sleep prevented me from realizing the obvious problem preventing me from it.

“Ugh, what time is it?” With that little bit of noise and movement my brain decided to riot against me. Immense amounts of pain pounded through my head. Instinctively my hand went to cradle my en-flamed cranium but collided with a horn, causing even more pain. As it turns out, horns are incredibly sensitive things. It felt like I was just kicked in the balls, that is, if my testicles were placed on my forehead and then stomped on repeatedly.

I was wide awake now, as I lay there holding my throbbing horn, writhing in pain. I heard someone enter the room. So I turned what little attention I had left, to look at the pony that entered. My eyes were blurred with tears, as I tried to make out the white blob of a visitor. Wiping my tears away, I tried to focus on my guest more clearly.

The pony in question was a dead ringer for Princess Celestia. However, there were differences. For instance, her white fur was more pronounced, and looked like… well, fur. Her mane was still waving to a nonexistent wind, but it looked a little more like shiny hair. Barely. She looked at me with that all knowing, motherly, look that she seemed to give to everypony in the show. Essentially, what I’m trying to convey here is that she looks the same, just more detailed.

“Ah, you’re awake already? You seem to have a strong will. A normal pony would have been unconscious for, at least, another day.”

Wait, her voice is different, not by much, but it’s still different from the show. Huh, I guess that makes sense. She’s not going to sound like the person who plays her voice from a cartoon, I suppose.

“Ugh, Princess?” My mind was having trouble working with the pain that was running throughout its entirety.

“Yes, young one?” She keeps looking at me with a tender smile and her compassionate eyes.

By this time, the pain in my horn had subsided, leaving only the migraine in my head. This allowed me to think more clearly, if only a fraction.

“Is this real, or have I gone insane?” I asked, hoping to all hope that this was real.

She chucked a little. It sounded so elegant, almost soothing to listen to. “My little pony, this is as real as anything you have known in your past life.”

Past life?

“I’m not dead, am I?” I asked, clearly forgetting about the conversation that I had with her in my drowsy state from last night.

“No, young one, you are not among the deceased. You are simply in a new body.”

My mind seemed to take this moment to come back on fully. Wait... this is different than what was written in my fic. This can’t be good.

“Princess, this is different than I had imagined it. What’s going on?”

“Oh... well, let me explain then. In order to connect to another dimension, like I did with yours, it is important to follow certain... prerequisites.” She paused, waiting for the question that she thought I would ask.

I sat silently waiting for her to continue. I’m not one to interrupt a princess when she’s telling me cool shit. Especially, when said shit allows me to live out my dreams.

Seeing as I wasn’t going to press the issue she continued to explain. “Such as, the life form on the other side of the void would have to create a sort of ‘bridge’ to follow. That ‘bridge,’ being the story you had written. After finding it I had to follow it to a tee in order to make the connection to your mind.”

“So, you’re saying that because I wrote a story about coming to Equestria, that you were able to bring me here?”

“In a way, yes.”

“Then, why did you choose me? There are tons of stories of humans coming here. What made me so special?”

“You have to understand that there are many rules governing this kind of magic, but your story was one of the few links to this world that followed all of them. The list of potentials were also limited to switching bodies with Blueblood. Getting rid of him has been one of the better decisions I have made in a very long time. Once everything was taken into account there was only a hoof full of possibilities. That being said, you were the only prospect that was not more of a pompous blowhard than my nephew had been.”

I laid there, in bed, taking in this information letting my mind connect the dots. “So, now that you no longer have to keep a connection to the other dimension, then you no longer have to adhere to my story.”

“That is true. What you have written will probably never happen in the way you had imagined it would.”

This put a bit of a cloud over my head. I may never get Twilight to fall in love with me.

“That is not set in stone.” She said with a bit of a smirk.

“Oh Hell! You can read my mind!” I nearly yell as I flop against my pillow. I instantly regretted my outburst, when my head pounded out its protest. “Ow.”

“I can, but I won’t do it often. I believe it violates a pony’s privacy. Though, my sister has not yet come to embrace that concept yet.”

Then, almost to prove her point, the walls began to shake as a loud whine was heard from a distance. “CELLLEEEEEEEE!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!”

“See what I mean?”

I could only nod, while I cradled my poor skull. This caused the next revelation for the day. I had hooves. I was a pony now. Though, as my mind caught up to the thought, my joy soon petered away. I was Blueblood. The worst pony to ever walk on equestrian soil.

Either she read my mind again, or she could see the emotion on my face say as much. She was able to ease my tensions with a simple suggestion. “If you would like to look different than Blueblood, we have a very skilled mane dresser here at the castle. I am sure he would be willing to give you a new look.”

“Thank you, Princess. You have no idea what this means to me.”

“I have lived long enough to have an idea. Now, if you are to be Blueblood’s twin than you should start treating me more as family than royalty. So, please stop calling me princess.”

“That brings up a question. How is… was blueblood related to you? I’ve always been curious about this.”

“Oh… well… he was my nephew... in a sense.”

“So Luna…”

I was unable to finish the question I was about to ask, when Luna herself burst into the room, panting as if she had just run a marathon. “SISTER!” She bellowed far too loud for my en-flamed brain to stand. Seeing me in pain seemed to bring her out of her Royal Canterlot Voice.

With a bashful grin she continued, “We thought we hast come to an understanding about telling other ponies of that.”

Celestia seemed to ignore Luna’s worries and waved her off. “That we did, Luna. Though, being as he has come into our… little family. I believe that he has a right to know.”

At this point, I was a bit confused. “What’s the problem? I can only assume that Blue… I mean, I am one of Luna’s direct decedents.”

Both princesses stared at me. Luna had a deep blush that was just visible behind her dark blue fur. Celestia had a smirk that threatened to turn into her infamous Troll Face while she gave Luna side glances. But, before either princess could say anything my stomach decided to voice its own opinion. That opinion being, I’M HUNGRY!

I’m pretty sure that the whole castle heard it. It sounded like it had used the Royal Canterlot Voice somehow. Celestia tried to stifle a giggle, but failed at the attempt. The sound seemed to get Luna to stop blushing, but she was now slack-jawed in shock.

Celestia decided to break the silence that hung in the air. “You have been unconscious for a couple of days now. The energy your new body has used to help the transfer of your soul most likely has rendered you rather famished.”

Great. Not only does my head hurt, like it was being used as a hammer. Now my stomach is making demands of me.

I decided to get out of bed for something to eat, which turned out to be a bad idea, as I fell flat on my face. My head screamed out in pain, while I uttered a muffled “Ow.”

Neither Celestia nor Luna moved. Though, Celestia seemed concerned enough to ask, “Are you all right?”

“I’ll be fine.” I said as I got to my hooves. They were incredibly wobbly and unbalanced.

“Take it slow. Thou needest to familiarize thyself with thy new limbs.” Luna stated with concern.

I took a step forward, then another. It wasn’t too hard. It was actually a lot like crawling, except for the fact that all of my legs were the same length. The problem was that I had no strength in my muscles, which was what was making the progress to the door so slow.

The princesses simply watched, as I made my way to them. Once I neared them, Celestia spoke. “That is actually very impressive. Your mind should not have had the time to make the proper connections to your nervous system yet. In all honesty you should not be able to move your extremities.”

I would have felt a whole lot of pride at the comment, but my body was already sore from the few steps it had taken. I sat down in front of them, my front legs supporting me. “I still can’t move very well. I don’t think I’ll be able to walk to the dining room in this condition.”

“Here, let us help you with that.” was Celestia’s response. There was a flash of light, a quick nauseous feeling, and then we were in a large dining room. The table in the center of the room looked like it could seat over twenty ponies comfortably.

The three of us were clustered at the end of the table. Celestia was at the head, while Luna was to the right of her, and I was on the left. There were two guard ponies stationed at the door along with a unicorn waiter. Once we were comfortable on our velvet cushions, he trotted over to us.

“Good evening your majesties. How can I help you tonight?”

Wait, Evening? You mean it’s night time right now. God, my sleep schedule is going to be all kinds of messed up. I wonder what time it is.

“Good evening Hors D'oeuvre I would like to have a fruit salad with a banana and hay smoothie. Sister, what would you like?”

“Well, as it is still early for us, we would like to have hay pancakes with orange juice. Nephew?”

All eyes were on me. Oh Hell. I don’t know. I’m not used to the vegetarian diet that I have to adhere to now. Nothing with meat. Nothing with meat. Okay. The fruit salad and smoothie sounded good, but I want a bit more substance. Hmm, maybe…

“I’ll have a fruit salad with a Strawberry and banana smoothie, as well as a grilled cheese sandwich.”

This got the waiter to raise his eyebrow, ever so slightly. Both Luna and Celestia gave each other a look and a grin. I noticed all three reactions. “Is there a problem with that?”

“O..Of course not, your highness. I..It is just that, you usually would consider such food as b..beneath you.”

God, I keep forgetting that I’m in Blueblood’s body. I guess this is as good a time to introduce myself to the castle staff as any. I suppose the story I used in my fanfic would still work in this situation.

“I am not my brother.”

That came out a little spiteful. I hope no one noticed.

“This is the first time I have eaten in the castle for a while, as I have been traveling abroad… And, there is nothing wrong with grilled cheese.” I added in protest.

Celestia caught on to what I was doing and backed me up. “This is Prince Blueblood’s twin brother…” She looked at me expectantly for a name.

Guess I’ll go with the name I chose in my fic. It’s Honor Bound, Princess. I thought for her benefit, assuming she would just read my mind for the information.

“…Honor Bound. He will be staying with us for a while to acclimate back into pony society.”

“My apologies, sir. I meant no disrespect. I was unaware that the Prince had a brother, much less a twin.”

“It’s all right. No harm, no foul.” I got another round of odd looks from all in the room. “Sorry. It’s an expression from one of the cutlers I’ve visited in my travels.” I explained quickly, trying to rid the waiter of any more suspicion.

Hors D'oeuvre seemed to accept my explanation in stride. “Very good, sir. Your orders shall be out in a moment.” With that, he walked out of the room, to what I assumed to be the kitchen.

I don’t know if he believed me or not. If he didn’t I guess he wouldn’t say anything with the princess of the sun supporting me.

“That is quite true.” Luna piped up.

“Luna, I thought we talked about this. Stop reading other ponies minds. It violates their privacy.”

“But the minds of yon ponies are so interesting. Take the guard on the right for example. He hast been fantasizing about thy flank since we teleported in.” The stallion in question didn’t even flinch at the accusation, however there was a small blush spreading across his face.

Celestia didn’t even bat an eye at the revelation. “That may be the case, but it does not change the fact that the thoughts of others should remain their own.” She then turned her attention to the two guards. “You may leave us now.” The guards left the room promptly, the right one a little more eagerly than the left.

Poor bastard’s never gonna live this down.

Luna giggled a bit. I looked right at her and directed my thoughts to her.

If you keep reading my mind like that, I’ll make sure you regret it.

“We are certain that thou will try, however thou could not come up with anything that we have yet to see.”

“I warned you.” I then thought what Luna would find most disgusting. That line of thinking got mingled with my more... perverted thoughts, and ended with a couple of images of Luna and Nightmare Moon together. Intimately.

I could feel the smirk grow on my face as I saw a mix of emotions form on Luna’s continence. It was strange to see. It was a mix of horror and disgust, with a hint of a blush added to it. Which was impressive, considering her dark coat coloring.

Celestia was giggling a bit at Luna’s expense. “There. You see sister. Sometimes it is better not to know what a pony is thinking about.”

Before Luna could respond to her sister, Hors D'oeuvre entered with a tray of food levitated over his head. He placed a plate in front of each of us, and removed the covering that adorned each. “Dinner is served, your majesties.”

“Thank you. That will be all.” Celestia waved him away.

“As you command.” He bowed to the princesses, turned, and left us to our meal.

Once he was out of the room Celestia sighed, and shook her head. “He is a good waiter, though he takes his job a bit too seriously. He used to work with the Orange family, if I’m not mistaken.”

“The Orange family? As in, relatives to the Apple Clan?” I asked with curiosity.

“The very same.”

Interesting. I wander if he was there when Applejack went to visit as a filly.

The smell of the grilled cheese brought my attention away from my thoughts. The food looked good. Excellent, in fact. The fruit was freshly cut and placed in the bowl in an artistic pattern. The grilled cheese was perfectly browned and melted. The smoothie, well... looked like a smoothie. All smoothies tend to look the same to me. The only difference is the color, and whether or not it has whip cream.

Celestia and Luna raised their forks with their magic, and began eating. I looked at my fork then at my food again.

How, the Hell, am I going to levitate my fork. Wait, why do I even need a fork? I could just levitate the food to my mouth. That still doesn’t help me with my inability to use magic though.

Celestia noticed that I hadn’t started eating yet. “Is something the matter?”

“I don’t know how to use magic.” I tried to pick up my fork with my hoof, and it was just pushed against the table. “And, I don’t think I can pick anything up with my hooves either.”

“Ah, I suppose you wouldn’t know how to use your new body to its fullest as of yet. Vary well. I will give you a preemptive tutoring session. When using magic you must first…”

Celestia didn’t get the chance to start her lesson before Luna interrupted her. “Sister, we do not see why thou do not simply do this…” Luna lowered her horn down towards me, and shot a beam at my forehead, effectively linking our horns with a blue ray of light.

So many descriptions, theories, and procedures filled my mind all at once. I couldn’t sort them all out, they were coming too fast. Then, the pain came. The unholy wrath that was Luna’s teaching seared into my skull. My mouth opened to scream out, but no sound was made. I wanted to close my eyes, but they were locked open, unable to see anything as the information passed over and through me.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GOD! IT HURTS MORE THAN A HOOF TO THE HORN!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEE!!!! MAKE IT SSSTOOOHHOOOOOHHHOOOPPP!!!!!!!!!

“Sister, cease this at once! You are causing him great pain. His mind has yet to settle into his new body and the strain the spell you are using could have damaging effects!"

The light connecting our horns dimmed, and then dispersed. Once the force of the spell faded out, my body lost all its strength. Causing me to slump over, and I fell, face first, into my fruit salad.

I barely had enough strength to groan in pain, but I managed it.

“Are you all right?!” Celestia inquired with great concern in her voice.

I couldn’t answer. My mind was filled with the images that were transferred into it. So many thoughts swirling around like a tornado. I must have nodded unconsciously, because Celestia seemed to calm down a bit.

“’Sigh’ Good. Luna, what were you thinking, doing that to him? He is in a fragile state from the transfer. You could have seriously hurt him.”

“Twas revenge for the images he bestowed upon us. Besides, thou saw that he is well. He should be able to use his magic without any hindrance, once the information settles, that is.”

Uuuuggghhhh. Did she say I could use magic now? I think I blanked out for a second there. My head still hurts! Why do I taste pineapple? Oh... My head’s in my food. I guess I could eat like this for a bit. I don’t think the princesses will mind. My head hurts too much to move anyway.

“Luna, that is incredibly petty. We, as royalty, should be above that sort of thing.”

“Yphpha,” was my muffled agreement. The food muffling my voice.

Luna however, did not seem to share the same thoughts. “That sentiment is for our subjects. Not for those of us who art immortal.” She covered her mouth as she realized what had just left her lips.

Wait. ‘Those of us, who are immortal’? Did she just say that I was immortal!?

“I’M FUCKING IMMORTAL?!?!?!” I screamed as I sat strait up.

That was a bad idea. My mind was already weakened from Luna’s info-beam assault, not to mention my body was still sore from the transfer I had undergone. The two problems mixing with the sudden movement was too much for me. Everything grew dark, and I passed out.