• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 4,027 Views, 213 Comments

Life in Another Pony's Hooves - HonorBound



If given the chance, would you trade bodies with a pony? Even if that pony was Blueblood? I did.

  • ...
22
 213
 4,027

Chapter 06: Welcome to Ponyville

I woke up with something rubbing against my chest. One of my eyes peeled open, so I could discover the offending source. Spike and I may have started on opposite sides of the bed, but somehow, while we slept, we inched our way to the center of it. What I found was my arms wrapped around Spike, like he was a teddy bear, and Spike was rubbing his cheek against my chest in his sleep.

I may have d’awwed for a moment, before withdrawing myself away from the sleeping dragon as quickly as I could. Spike woke abruptly from the sudden movement.

“Huh? Wha?” He managed to question. With droopy eyes, he looked up to me laying a little closer than he was comfortable with. In an instant he was wide awake, and backpedaled a couple of feet to his side of the bed.

“What the hey?!” He shouted, before putting two and two together. “Were we just…”

I interrupted him by raising a hoof, “It never happened. Let’s just leave it at that. Shall we?”

Spike considered this for a moment, but seeing my wisdom, nodded in the affirmative.

I got out of bed to make my way to one of the many mirrors in the room. Looking at myself, I used magic to get rid of my bed head.

The info Luna gave me seems to have kicked in.

Searching my thoughts, I found that all Luna really gave me was some mental exercises that will keep my magic levels strong, as well as a few useful spells to get me started.

I smiled. I’m glad she kept her word.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on what I was going to do. My horn glowed once more. After a little while it began to pulse to the rhythm of my heart.

“What are you doing?” Spike asked.

I let out the breath I was holding, but didn’t open my eyes. “I’m doing something Luna taught me yesterday.”

My horn stopped pulsing, and dimmed to a point where you had to really look at it to find the blue glow.

“Which is?” Spike pressed.

“Some magic exercises.” I answered. “You might want to close your eyes for this next part.” I added.

Light erupted from my horn in that instant. My eyes shot open glowing brightly from the energies flowing throughout my body. I warped the aura around my horn and brought its light around me, encasing my body in the same light blue glow. I could feel my hooves lift off of the carpet as my mane and tail burst into flame. Just as quickly as it started, it stopped. With a thud, I landed back on my hooves, no worse for wear. My hair didn’t even look singed.

Wow. That was… rather invigorating actually.

“What… the hey… was that?” Spike asked, rubbing his eyes. “I’ve never seen anything like that before. That was amazing!”

“As I said, it’s just an exercise. There are cooler spells in the world.” I answered with nonchalance. Though, not many. That was really cool.

My mind came across one such spell that Luna bestowed upon me, causing me to grin.

“Like this one for instance.” My horn glowed once more, and with a flash, Spike and I were gone.

We materialized in front of Celestia, causing her to stop walking. She eyed us curiously.

Spike was holding his head while his eyes spun in their sockets. I wasn’t doing much better. I shook my head to rid myself of the dizziness, and looked at my new surroundings.

We seemed to be in the royal gardens not too far from my room. There were plenty of hedges with exotic flowers growing from them.

Best spell ever! I can’t believe it actually worked.

“I see you are awake.” Celestia says. “You also seem to have learned how to teleport.”

“Yeah, it was one of the spells that Luna taught me yesterday, and easily one of my favorites.”

“So I see. I felt you honing your power earlier. You learn quickly. Even having the knowledge to do that, I would have expected you to have a little trouble with the spell’s particular make up and design. It is a difficult spell to say the least.”

“Really?”

“Indeed. It would seem that you are rather talented, when it comes to magic. I expect great thing from you.”

Spike seemed to rid himself of his disorientation, and was looking at me in annoyance.

“That’s great and all, but why did you teleport us here? We could have just walked, you know.”

“We could have, but teleporting is so much cooler.”

Spike folded his arm and grumbled under his breath. “Not for me, it’s not.”

“Besides, I wanted to test mixing a scrying spell and the teleportation spell, so I could find Celestia.”

“And found me you have. I see you will fit right in with my prized pupil. Come.” Celestia motioned for us to follow her. “I am sure you are eager to begin your journey to Ponyville.”

Celestia lead us through the castle, to a large balcony overlooking Cantorlot. There was a chariot waiting for us, with two of the pegasi guards getting ready to take off. Spike eagerly ran towards the carriage.

“Finally! I can’t wait to get back to Ponyville.”

I rolled my eyes at the baby dragon. “Spike, it’s only been one day. You can’t possibly miss Ponyville already.”

“It’s not Ponyville I miss.” He countered.

“Oh? What is it then?”

Spike opened the door to the carriage. “None of your business.” He answered, as he climbed in.

“All right, whatever you say.” I chuckled, rolling my eyes again. I knew full well that he was referring to Rarity, though I thought it best to let him think that was still a secret.

I looked up to Celestia standing next to me. “Where’s Luna? She said she wanted to be here to see me off.”

“She will be along shortly. Luna is attending to some last minute royal business.”

There were some hoof steps approaching us, so we turned to greet our newcomers. Luna walked up with the captain of the royal guard following close behind her. He saluted Celestia after coming to a halt.

Holy Shit! It’s Shining Armor! I didn’t think I’d get to meet him before I left. I don’t know why everyone thinks we look alike. Sure, we both have white coats and blue manes, but his mane has stripes in it, while mine doesn’t. Our faces look different as well. Anyone should be able to tell us apart.

“Greeting’s sister…”

“Is this him?” Shining Armor interrupted. He didn’t even wait for an answer. He walked over to me, nostrils flared in irritation. “So, you’re the Stallion who’s going to be living with my baby sister.”

Oh, Shit.

We were about the same height. I might have been taller by an inch, but that didn’t matter. I was fully aware that he could easily kick my butt if he wanted to. I fell to my flank, as he leaned in closer to me.

“I have only one sister.” He states flatly.

Oh, shit. Oh, shit.

“If I hear that something happens to her, because of you…”

Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit.

“…even the slightest rumor. I’ll hunt you down to the ends of the world. Do you understand?”

I was trembling now, fully intimidated. It was all I could do to control my bladder. If you think that ponies are not capable of murder, all you had to do was look into Shining Armor’s eyes, at that moment, to know the truth. Nodding was my only response.

“Say it.” He grumbled, inching slightly closer. I could feel his breath on the tip of my snout.

“I.. I p..promise not t..to l..let anything happen t..to Twilight.” I manage to stammer out.

Shining Armor backed away, satisfied that I wouldn’t harm his little sister, in any way. His personality did a one eighty, once he smiled at his accomplishment. “Good. Remember that promise. I’ll hold you to it.” He said with a wink that scared me more than his previous demeanor had.

The royal sister’s only watched as Shining Armor turned to face them, saluted once more, and dismissed himself to complete some other assignment.

Spike then poked his head out of the carriage, oblivious to what had just transpired. “What’s taking you so long? Let’s get a move on.” He motioned for me to get into the carriage. The dragon seemed to notice the awkward silence in the air. “What happened?” He asked, a little confused.

That brought me out of my fear induced stupor. “Uhh… Nothing, Spike. I’ll be there in a moment.”

Note to self: Do not piss off Twilight’s brother.

Spike pulled his head back into the carriage, satisfied that I’d be there in a bit.

Celestia cleared her throat to gain my attention. “I feel I should apologize for the captain of my guard. He is very protective of his sister, and would do anything for her.”

“I’ve noticed.” I grumbled under my breath.

Celestia smiled. “Do not worry about him. As long as you are kind and respectful, you will have nothing to fear.”

Somehow, that is not easing my worries any.

“Anyway.” Celestia said, changing subjects. “Take this scroll with you, and give it to Twilight when you arrive. It is a royal decree, dictating my orders and her new duties. I am sure she will be excited to teach another pony what she has learned.”

“We are sorry, that thou hast been banished from the castle.” Luna apologized. “It is the only way the nobles will forgive thy incident. Thou haven’t lived here long, however we feel it will be emptier once thou are gone.”

“It’s alright Luna. I’ll miss you too.” I said. “I may not be able to visit you, but that shouldn’t stop you from visiting me, from time to time.”

Luna perked up from this. “It certainly does not.” She said with a nod and a smile.

“Thank you both, for everything you’ve done for me. I won’t forget it.” I paused for a moment. “I’m not one for goodbyes, so I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Until we meet again.” Luna said.

Celestia only nodded, agreeing with her sister.

With all that needed said, being said, I turned to the waiting carriage, scroll firmly in the grasp of my magic.

Spike was there, impatiently tapping his fingers on the window frame with one hand, while the other was holding his head up. Once he saw that I was going to finally enter the buggy, he moved to the side, allowing me access. “About time.” He complained.

“Oh, it wasn’t that long.” I said waving him off with a hoof.

The carriage lurched forward as the pegasi began the journey to our destination. I looked out the window to find us in the air, and gaining altitude. The city of Cantorlot was below us. I could see ponies going about their daily routines, as we passed overhead.

Looking forward, I could see Ponyville in the distance. It looked the same as it did in the show. The small town was nestled between two mountains, which turned into rolling hills all around it. A river flowed around the town, as if to frame it. I could make out Sweet Apple Acers on the outskirts of town as well as the odd windmill that’s always seen from overhead.

“What’s that letter you’ve got there?” Spike asks, drawing my attention away from the approaching town.

“It’s a letter to Twilight. I’m to give it to her when we get to the library.” I answered.

“What’s it say?”

“Celestia said it outlined what Twilight is supposed to teach me.”

I looked back out the window again to find that we were almost there. The town isn’t really that far away from Cantorlot, just a couple of miles. We were coming in for a landing, already dropping below some of the taller buildings.

Many of the ponies in the streets were watching, as the chariot came in for touchdown. The pegasi pulling the carriage reared up once we came to a stop. I opened the door and stepped out into the square, Spike following me.

I looked over to our drivers. “Thanks for the lift.”

They simply nodded, and without a word took off, to return to the castle.

“Come on. The library is this way.” Spike motioned for me to follow him.

I took maybe two steps, before I noticed a small dust cloud approaching from a distance. “Uh, Spike. What is that?” I asked, pointing to the cloud in question.

Spike squinted his eyes to try to focus on the approaching anomaly. “I don’t know, but it’s coming this way really fast.”

We watched it get closer and closer. When it got to the point I was about to move out of the way of the oncoming phenomenon, it stopped. The dust settled to reveal… nothing.

“What the hay!” Spike exclaimed.

“What was…” Before I could finish my question, I was interrupted by its answer.

I was tackled from the side by a blur of pink, tumbling on the ground, until I settled onto my back with two big blue eyes in my face.

“Hi!” The bubbly pink pony greeted. “Oh my gosh, you’re new in town! What am I saying? Of course you’re new in town. I know everypony in Ponyville, and I mean everypony, but I haven’t met you yet, so that means you’re new, because if I haven’t met you, then you’re new to me, so I had to greet you, and say ‘Hi’, which I did, which is why I’m talking to you now, because you’re new, and need to be welcomed into Ponyville.” She inhaled deeply. “I’ll be right back. Don’t move a muscle.”

Pinkie zipped out of my vision, only to return with her welcome wagon. She pressed the button on the side of it, to start the contraption. The instruments popped out of the little wagon and began to play music.

Pinkie started to dance and sing, “Welcome, welcome, welcome. A fine welcome to you! Welcome, welcome, welcome. I say, ‘How do you do!’ Welcome, welcome, welcome. I say, ‘Hip, hip, hooray!’” Welcome, welcome, welcome to Poooonyyyyyvilllle tooooooodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

During the song, I had gotten back into a sitting position. I was staring at Pinkie with slack jawed wonderment.

Holy shit! It’s Pinkie Pie. One of the main six. And, I just got the welcome song! I couldn’t help but to smile at her.

“Wait for it!” She announced.

My smile dropped. Oh Hell!

I jumped to the ground covering my head. I remember what happened to Cranky Doodle. Any minute now, the Oven is going to explode with confetti, and cake is going to shoot out of the confetti cannons. I heard the ding of the oven.

Nothing happened. I looked up just in time, to find, confetti shooting out of the confetti cannons, and a delicious looking cake sitting in the open oven. Pinkie was laughing at my stupefied expression.

“What did you think was going to happen?” She asked with a giggle.

Before I could answer, Pinkie shoved a small piece of cake into my mouth. It was good. Really good. Probably the best cake I had ever eaten.

The cake was a soft and moist vanilla, while the frosting was a delightful chocolate flavor. My favorite. I swallowed the piece that was shoved into my mouth. Pinkie through the remaining cake into the air, and downed the whole thing, before I could get more.

She licked her lips. “Mmmm, that’s good!” Pinkie looked back at me. “What’s your name! I’m Pinkie Pie! I saw you come in with the pegasus guards, and I thought, ‘They must be bringing somepony new to town, so I rushed out of the bakery as fast as I could to greet you, so here I am. I’m sure we’ll be best of friends, because everypony is my friend, and when I say everypony I mean everymmMMMmmfffff…”

I swiftly stuck my hoof into her mouth. I like Pinkie Pie, but sometimes she just talks too much. I removed my hoof, once she stopped trying to talk through it. Spike was standing behind me doing his best not to laugh at the pink ponies antics.

“Hi, Pinkie. I’m Honor Bound.” I introduce myself.

“Oh, really? You don’t look like an Honor Bound. You look more like a JosmmMMMMffff” I frantically shove my hoof back into her mouth.

Crap! That was close. I don’t know if she was actually going to say my real name or not, but considering it’s Pinkie Pie. It’s best not to take the chance.

Spike looked at us in a bit of confusion. “What was she going to say?”

Shit! He’s asking too many questions again.

“I didn’t want her to go into another tangent.” I tell Spike, and then turn back to Pinkie. “Yes, I’m sure that my name is Honor Bound.” I say a little frazzled, while I removed my hoof once more from her mouth.

“Okie doki Loki!” Pinkie says with a smile and a nod.

I give a sigh of relief.

Oh thank God!

“Pinkie, you’re so meta.” I commented.

“No, no, no. You said it wrong.” Pinkie corrects. “You’re supposed to say, ‘Pinkie, you’re so random,’ like Rainbow Dash always says.”

I start to laugh at the energized pony, only to stop shortly after I began, when a blue pegasus with a rainbow main drops out of the sky and lands next to Pinkie, as if she was actually summoned.

“Did somepony say the most awesome name in all of Equestria?” she asked and boasted at the same time.

“Oh! Oh! That was me, Dashie!” Pinkie exclaimed waving her hoof around in the air. “Honor Bound, here, is new in town, so I just welcomed him to ponyville, but afterwards he said that I was so meta, (whatever that means) but I was all like, ‘You said it wrong. You’re supposed to say, Pinkie, you’re so random.’ Like you always say Rainbow, and that’s when you showed up.” She explained excitedly.

Rainbow only nodded. I couldn’t tell if she was actually listening to Pinkie, or just giving the impression that she was.

Spike turned to me and asked, “Why didn’t you call Pinkie random, like every other pony in town?”

“It’s not really random when you know what she’s doing.” I answer without thinking it through.

Rainbow Dash turned and glared at me. “How do you know what Pinkie’s doing? Not even Twilight knows that, and she’s the smartest pony in all of Equestria.” Dash gasped. “Are you a spy or something?” She asked.

Spike answered before I could come up with a reply. “Yeah. How did you know Dash?”

There was silence as I facehoofed.

God damn it Spike!