• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 2,959 Views, 59 Comments

Lunar Eclipse - Ephemeral Memory



A human falls into Equestria on the day of the Lunar Eclipse.

  • ...
6
 59
 2,959

Chapter 05: So Malicious Colorful Fluffy Ponies Do Exist

Daniel's PoV

We flew into a room in the castle safely. I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding.

Guessing this is Luna’s chambers.

The best way to describe it was -peaceful, dark, silent- night. The ceiling and walls held dozens of constellations that we had named not even an hour ago. Unfortunately, I couldn’t gape at anything else in her room before the princess ushered me out to the halls but not before saying, “Thank th- you for keeping my company this wondrous night. I experienced..fun.”

“Oh, no. It should be me thanking you. I’m really grateful that you were there ‘cause, well, ye cheered me up. Who knows how long I would have been moping there otherwise?” I replied with a grin.

“It is the royal duty of a princess to make certain that her subjects -and friends- are not unwell,” said Luna, who looked pretty pleased with herself. More seriously, she continued, “It is time that my sister and I must change the Sun and Moon. Thou mayest show thyself to the dining hall in the meantime.” With that said, she teleported away.

Hmm..dining hall, huh? Where was it again…Could ask a guard.

The nearest pony guard had a sour face on. Perfect. I strolled over with the biggest grin I could manage.

“Greetings, good sir, it’s a wonderful day we’re about to have, isn’t it?” I began in a somewhat loud voice that ricocheted down the halls.

The guard didn’t even twitch, so I continued obnoxiously (or so I thought), “By the way, would you happen to know the way to the dining hall?”

No reaction again? Come on!

“Dude, don’t make me tickle you,” I warned, dropping my approaching-creepy grin. Ten long seconds passed. I raised an eyebrow. “You asked for it!” I shouted, kneeling down and raising my wiggling fingers toward his vulnerable sides. Before I could torment the guard, however, a golden aura surrounded and pulled me backwards before fading away. The guard gave a thankful glance toward his savior. What?...Oh. Magic. Should’ve known.

“As amusing as it is to watch somepony try to make the guards react, I’m afraid that it’s quite inconsiderate to the ponies who are just doing their jobs,” spoke a familiar voice from behind me. Ah..it’s..her.

“Then..I suppose you wouldn’t mind taking his place, right?”

I turned around with my fingers still in attack position only for the magic to restrain me again.
“I’m relieved to see you so energetic again, but no pony will be suffering under the wrath of your hands today,” replied Celestia, who was wearing her usual smile. “And before I forget -” she added tactfully, before levitating my backpack and passing it to me, “-it seems like you were in quite the hurry yesterday and left this behind. Now let’s go on to the dining hall. You must be ravenous if you haven’t eaten since then.”

I took my pack gratefully. “Thank you, Celestia,” I muttered bashfully, as I turned and walked toward the direction I was headed before.

I was down the hall by ten steps before Luna’s voice called out, “Daniel, thou art headed in the wrong direction unless thou wished to take a route most extended.”

Oh, why, me?

I faced them with a slightly twitching grin plastered on and found Luna observing me with slight concern. Beside her giggled her sister. The guard I was teasing earlier now had a smug smile. I’ll return for you later, buddy.

“I knew that,” I lied, “But since you called me out, I might as well join you.”

“Very well then,” approved Luna.


Food was excellent, as usual. Missing meat though. Somehow, those two sisters nearly landed cake on my face again. I learned first-hand how great pony shields can be. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Beam Dancer. Well, after that fiasco, Luna excused herself to bed. Her sister was finished as well. Two pairs of eyes were trained on me. I pretended not to notice the yellow ones trying to murder me at the moment. I’ll think of something to cheer Beamy up later...or escape after trying.

After washing down the last of my meal with water, I heard Celestia cough lightly and begin to speak.

“So, Daniel, from what Luna has told me, is it safe to presume that you are handling your situation better than before?”

I noticed Beam shift a bit closer through my peripheral vision. Cause, you know, a couple inches lets you hear a lot more of the only conversation in the dining hall. I peered into Celestia’s magenta eyes, and to my relief, there was no longer that dreadful pity I had witnessed before yesterday’s flight. Concern remained. I put on my largest smile, which wasn’t that different from the one I used on the guard, before answering.
“That’s correctamundo!” I exclaimed. Celestia’s head tilted slightly in confusion. Guess it’s a human thing. I amended, “That’s correct! And, uh, I was wondering whether I could go out into the city today to, you know, explore the sights! Meet new ponies. Maybe make friends. All that!”

She was staring at me skeptically now and questioned, “Just like that? One night is all it takes for you to get over the trauma of losing everything you knew in an instant? Daniel, you don’t need to hide anything from me. State any fears, worries, doubts -anything!- you may have. I’m more than willing to help you with them.” Her eyes bored into mine.

I sighed, my smile dropping an inch. Knew that wouldn’t work.

“It’s alright, Celestia. I’ll get over it someday.” Or at least, it’ll fade a bit. I continued, “But for now, I think getting some fresh air out in the city would help a lot.” Might as well see what pony land has to offer. “Just like traveling in the maze soothed me a bit,” I added.

She didn’t seem convinced, but nevertheless, she assented, “Very well, if that is what’s best for you at the moment. However, you will not go alone. Beam Dancer shall accompany and guide you.” Oh crap. The maid in question grinned evilly at me. Quick, Daniel! Excuse, excuse, excuse..

“Er...I mean..Oh, no, I wouldn’t want to drag Beamy here around again like I did in the castle. I don’t want to be a burden, so may I either burden someone else or go alone? I promise I’ll be back by dinner!”

A new, dreaded voice cut in gleefully. Actually, maliciously. “No, no. You wouldn’t be a burden at all! I’m more than happy to guide somepony new around Canterlot!”

“Well, there you go, Daniel! I hope you and Beamy -Beam Dancer- enjoy your visit to the city, and don’t forget to return by dinner, as you promised,” spoke Celestia with finality. What. That promise was if I got someone else or no one. Oh well, food here is good anyway. Wait. NO. Beamy is still stuck with me?!

“Oh, goody! I can’t wait!,” I replied with my left eye twitching. Let’s see...How do you lose a professional royal maid that is royally pissed off at you?

Celestia’s PoV

It’s quite amusing that Daniel thinks he can hide his mood from me of all ponies. His situation still worries me, but Beam Dancer will definitely keep a close eye on him and make sure he doesn’t do anything foolish in the city. A quiet giggle escaped from me as the memory of breakfast replayed through my mind.
Anyway….Day Court versus Celestia. Round three hundred sixty-five thousand and two.

“Welcome, everypony!” I boomed, “Court is now in session. Let the first pony in, please.”

A familiar light-brownish pony trotted in with an air of dignity.

“Good morning, Princess Celestia. I would like to discuss tax deductions for customers of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains,” declared the businesspony.

Oh. Look who showed up! My favorite pony!

Daniel’s PoV

I shivered as I felt Beamy’s eyes observe my every movement. She’s going to get back at me. I would -if I were her, anyway. Must escape before then..

“So..uh..Beamy,” I began.

Her eyes narrowed before she replied sourly. “Yes?”

“Er..before we get to the city, can we visit the hedge maze?”

“I don’t see why not, Sir,” affirmed Beamy.

I led the way out of the dining hall. Where are some exit signs when you need them?

With an angry pony tailing me, I gave little thought to the direction I was walking in, but surprisingly, we found ourselves at the maze in a little over five minutes. I slowly took in the sight before me -while skipping over the general direction of Discord’s statue. It really is a beautiful place.

“Why, hello there, Danny boy!” shouted out a familiar voice in my head.

Great. Just great. What do you want, Discord?

“Wow! I didn’t know you were psychic! Okay then. Besides the usual ‘how are you,’ I just wanted to help you out of your slight predicament. Your antics this morning were hilarious -ten out of five!”

You were watching me? Yay. Just what I needed -more observers.

“Oh, no, Danny. You don’t have to worry about that! I can help you lose that maid in the maze, and then you can go to the city with no one tracking you. My range of observation only goes so far, after all. Just do as I tell you.”

I’m not going to incite any chaos around you though.

“Like I said, dear friend, you don’t have to worry! I only want to aid you,” insisted Discord.

Well, it can’t hurt, I guess. What’s your plan?

“Just walk through the maze, Danny boy. I’ll tell you how to get out whenever you lose Beamy.”

“Daniel? Why are you just standing there?” inquired the maid.

“Um..Just enjoying the view. We can continue now!”

I flashed a quick grin at the pony and strolled eagerly into the maze.


Well, that didn’t take long at all.

After Discord’s distraction and random-new-hedge-wall trick, I began crawling underneath the hedges back towards the maze’s entrance, while Beamy was-

“DANIEL, SIR, WHERE DID YOU GO?” shouted a flying horse.

I don’t understand how that works. Magic screwing with physics again?...Probably.

When I finally reached the exit, Beamy was still circling around in search for the disappearing human. Literally. As soon as I stood up, Discord turned me invisible. I should thank him. With no warning, a cacophony of trumpets and fanfare blared through my ears, making me cringe. Where the heck did that come from?

“Why, welcome back, my favorite human.”

I snorted and answered back, “Gee. What an honor, knowing that I’m the only. human. here.”

“Wellll,” drawled the statue, “Even if you let me return you home, you’ll still be my favorite human! Hint. Hint!”

Exasperated, I glared at him and replied, “Leave that subject alone. I don’t need false hopes from some super villain right now.”

I paused and then muttered begrudgingly, “Although..I am grateful for your help in escaping Beamy, so thank you for that.”

“Don’t look at me with that tone of voice! And villain? You’re quite mistaken! Don’t you trust dear old Discord?” he simpered.

I could just imagine his attempt at a puppy face and just shuddered at the image.

He pressed on, “Do think about it, Danny boy. My offer that is, not my beautiful, sexy body-” I groaned. “- All you would have to do is let me free from this terrible prison, and you’d get back home. Just like that!”

I hesitated slightly but felt his wide grin again, knocking me into my senses.

“No, and that’s final. I won’t let you tempt me.”

“It’s hard to do that with my body. My hard yet attractive body, mind,” quipped the draconequus.

I stifled a groan but didn’t stop the incoming facepalm. This guy just picked at my nerves effortlessly!

“You’re welcome!” sang Discord.

I turned away and walked down the wide path leading to Canterlot.

He had a sense of humor. I’ll give him that.

“How can you give something I already have?”

I didn’t bother giving a reply. The instant he spoke that sentence, I had double-facepalmed, groaning and wondering where I had gone so wrong in life.

After around five hundred feet, I became visible again. At least no one saw that.. Soon enough, I crossed into the city. Even though I had already seen Canterlot from the castle, nothing could have prepared me for the sudden storm of colors that swept through the area. Not one building was left unmarked by some form of decoration. Spires soared from rooftops, and various flags topped those spires. Gems glistened from every wall. Many elite-looking ponies in unique outfits strutted throughout the roads with some of their muzzles pointed upward. I could feel some stares on me, and while most of them did not care about the alien thing that towered above the crowd, there were several that gave me a wide berth before regarding me with fearful eyes. Well, at least there’s no traffic. After about an hour of strolling, I had walked past multiple Wonderbolts posters neat costumes, at least, several art galleries, an opera house, museums, two theaters, and countless places to eat and shop. Ten minutes later, I was standing on a road with fewer ponies around in front of one of the galleries. Maybe this one won’t mind me entering. Before I could wonder more about whether I could go in, a dark auburn-coated stallion approached me. I ignored his presence at first, since it was highly unlikely for a random stranger to talk to an alien, until I heard a loud cough. I looked down. A top hat met my gaze. Unfortunately, the thing was too large for him and left a thin shadow over his dark purple eyes. There was also a stereotypical villain’s ‘stache growing from his muzzle, which held a slightly evil grin. To top it off, he wore a pony tuxedo and a black cape that hid what I assumed was a pair of wings. Since when did horses have mustaches?

“Uh..who-” I began.

Cutting me off with an unidentifiable yet fake-sounding accent, the stallion spoke, “Greetings, ape!”

Wow. He rolls his R’s pretty well. I raised an eyebrow as he continued.

“Ponies all over Equestria call me,” he paused dramatically, “the Grand and Fantabulous Triston!”

He dropped to a whisper, “And you, my fine specimen, greatly interest me.”

I was desperately trying not to laugh at this point, but luckily, the pony seemed too focused on his voice to notice my twitching face. At least he isn’t as offensive as he is..silly.

By the time I finally suppressed the giggles, the fantabulous Triston was staring at me as if waiting for an answer. Oops.

“Could you repeat what you said?” I asked sheepishly.

Triston sighed impatiently before shouting, “Ponies all over Equestria call me - the Grand and Fantabulous -”

“Oh! Not from the beginning, dude! I mean, what’d you ask?”

Miffed at my interruption, he let out a small, audible “hmph” but began speaking again a lot more slowly. A frown etched itself upon my face with every word that spouted out of the guy’s mouth.

“Ehem. A stray ape like you has no business wandering the streets of Canterlot! The Grand Triston highly recommends that you become his pe- apprentice and travel the world with him!” declared Triston.

I turned around, not even deigning a reply.

“How dare you! Come back before I-”

Tuning him out, I continued on my merry way -until I heard and felt a loud thud on the back of my head.

“Hmph. Seems like somepony needs to teach you some manners. At least Triston can probably sell you for a high price..”

Just before black invaded my vision, the stallion gagged me, and I briefly saw a large bag with a dark orange aura surrounding it swoop over me. Oh. He’s a unicorn.


Somepony’s PoV

“Come on, everypony! We’re going to be late to the rehearsal if we don’t hurry!”

I flinched at my friend’s voice and replied quietly, “Um..okay.”

She didn’t seem to hear me, but that’s okay, too.
We had just gotten off the train, and everypony was gathering their things. Soon, our group began galloping to the theater. At a road intersection, I couldn’t help but notice a tall figure walking in our direction. I’ve never seen that animal before! It looks like a...huh? Before we crossed the street, a large cane floated and smacked its head. I halted immediately.

“Hay! Don’t stop so suddenly! Almost made me run into ya, darlin’!”

“O-oh! I’m so sorry!” I apologized.

My friends began running again.

“Wait, everypony!” I shouted..quietly.

What should I do? What should I do? I gazed back down the road. The creature was now in the scary unicorn’s bag. My head swiveled back to my friends, who were now farther away. You have to do something now! I left my suitcase and flew as fast as I could to the front of my friends.

I shut my eyes and shouted again, “Wait!”

I heard several collisions, and when I opened my eyes again, everyone was on the ground -dazed. My ears flopped down.

“S-sorry again,” I squeaked.

“What’s the big deal?! That was so not cool!”
“Eep!”

“What’s the matter, Fluttershy? You’ve been actin’ a bit weird,” said Applejack.

“Um,” I stammered, “I just saw somepony hurt some animal, a-and we need to help it! I-if that’s okay with you, that is..”

My hooves began pawing at the ground, while my head found its usual position by tilting downwards.

“We’ll have to be quick about it though! Only nineteen minutes and thirty-eight seconds left until we’re tardy! Tardy!” proclaimed Twilight.

“Don’t worry about time! I can beat whoever this guy is in ten seconds flat! Where is he?”

I pointed down the road now behind us, and without letting a single second pass, Rainbow flew over.

The rest of us hurried after her and heard her shout, “Hey, you! Stop whatever you’re doing right now! Didn’t you hear-”

We rounded the corner and found our friend struggling furiously while tied up with a gag in her mouth.

“Well, dang. She got trussed up real tight,” Applejack commented.

The stallion I saw earlier smirked.

“Now, now fillies,” he began menacingly, “who dares to chase moi? Though, the Grand and Fantabulous Triston cannot fault you. He is extraordinary after all.”

Rainbow glared at Triston, who sniggered. He kind of reminds me of somepony…

More seriously, he addressed us, “If you don’t stop your little game this instant, Triston shall call for the guards to arrest you for assault.”

All of us gasped. But! He-

“Ooh! What game? I love games! They’re so fun! What are we playing?” giggled Pinkie. She zoomed up to the stallion before he could react and tapped him on the shoulder.
“Tag! No tag backs! Woah! What’s this?!”

She was staring at the bag with the animal now.
The unicorn angrily floated the bag away from her and asserted, “That is Triston’s property! Now shoo! Off with you brats!”

Rarity huffed and countered indignantly, “How callous! That is no way to talk to ladies like us!”

“And what can you do about it?” challenged the stallion.

He disappeared in a pink flash.

“Time is ticking, everypony,” said Twilight with a crazy look in her eyes. Her horn glowed pink again as she levitated the bag over to us. Applejack and Rainbow joined us after the latter was untied.

“What’s in it? A surprise?!” questioned Pinkie, who was now bouncing in circles around the bag.

I stepped forward.

“Um..everypony, could you please be quiet? The creature might be awake, and we wouldn’t want to frighten it.”

Gently, I untied the strings securing the bag and peered inside. A monkey or ape-like creature was bounded like Rainbow was and knocked out. The poor thing.. It had very little fur and wore clothes. Clothes? Did this animal have an owner? Surely not the mean unicorn from before though..right? I opened the bag further, and my friends crowded around to get a better view.

“What is this thing?” Rainbow inquired.

“Can we throw it a party?” whispered Pinkie excitedly.

“It has an interesting taste in fashion..whatever it is,” Rarity mumbled.

I checked the back of its head and breathed a sigh of relief. Seems okay.. I began untying the animal.

“Fluttershy, I know yer good with animals and all, but are ya certain that we should be lettin’ it free?”

“I agree with Applejack. It’s possibly a new species and has the chance to be dangerous! We should probably take it to Princess Celestia first. But then again,” Twilight checked the time, “WEHAVETWELVEMINUTESANDTWENTY-FIVESECONDSLEFT!”

Daniel’s PoV

My ears..ow..

New voices surrounded me. I was still gagged and roped. Holy..what happened to me? My eyes took in a strange view. Six ponies and one purple lizard were staring at me. Also still on the same road. Thank goodness. Did these seven save me? And why is the purple pony spazzing? I sat up, making all of them back away. Am I that scary? I made some noises through the gag. The yellow pony smiled, came up to me, and softly patted me on the head.

“There, there. You’re going to be okay now.”

“Mmrph mm mrrph mmr mmrph!” I replied.

“Um...I think it wants me to take off the gag and untie it,” the yellow one concluded.

I nodded vigorously.

“Are you sure?” asked the purple one.

I stared at the asker and nodded once more. Slowly. While maintaining eye contact. Of course I don’t want to be released!

A pink aura surrounded my mouth, and the gag came off. Finally.

“Thank you! It’d be nice if you got the ropes, too!”

The yellow one squeaked and scurried to the back of the group.

“You can speak!” exclaimed the purple pony, who was showing more curiosity than anxiety now.

“An alien!” squealed the pink pony. And then all was blue until I realized those were the pink one’s eyes breaking into my personal bubble. Woah there! I hopped back with my butt as far as a tied person could go.

“Yes, I’m an alien -kind of- and yes, I can speak. Now please get the ropes.”

The purple one just teleported my bindings away, leaving pale red marks where the ropes binded me the most.

That works, too.

I rubbed my wrists a bit before standing up, and the group backed away from the alien towering over them. Except that the rainbow-maned one was staring at me intensely for some reason.
Is she challenging me? At what though? My mind shrugged.

“Um..thank you again for saving me. You have no idea how grateful I am. At this point, I would normally ask for the names of my saviors, but if I recall correctly, you have somewhere to go.”

Twelve minutes and twenty-five seconds. Still rang in my ears.

I continued, “If you have time after your appointment, however, I’d be more than happy to meet you in or around the castle. I’m sure the princesses wouldn’t mind.” Probably. Hopefully.

That threw them off. I resisted the temptation to chuckle.

“You know Princess Celestia?!” exclaimed the white unicorn.

“Well, she and Luna are letting me stay at their castle at the moment, and -”

“And if that was true, then we will visit the castle and meet you later because we only have six minutes and seventeen seconds left!”

The purple one had that crazy gleam return to her eyes, and when she spoke, her words had persistently increased in pitch and intensity.

Not sure if I’d rather stay with Triston or...Nah. This one’s better so far.

“Alright, then you ponies and lizard-”

“Dragon!”

Dragon? I stared at the little purple fellow. Okay. Not gonna question it.

“And dragon,” I amended, “should get going. I hope you make it to whatever it is on time. See ye later, perhaps!”

With that said, I waved, and the ponies sprinted -and flew- away. Still not used to that. I stood there watching them ‘til they disappeared and then started my trek back to the castle. It probably wasn’t even close to dinner time yet, but at this point, I didn’t care. If random ponies could abduct people in broad daylight, I’d hate to see how Canterlot is at night. A chilly breeze soared by, carrying with it a couple orange-red leaves from some trees outside of the city, while the sun blazed on, albeit a bit lower. Wish I could tell time.. I looked at my dead watch, a graduation gift. Its hands remained on 4:14.


The castle was not getting any closer. I had tried many streets and passed familiar locations, but my destination always loomed ahead of a dead end in the road. I knew my sense of direction was terrible, but this was just...pitiful. Maybe some amiable citizens could help me out. I approached the nearest pony.

“Pardon me, sir. I need to get back to the castle, and-”

“I have better things to do with my time than guide some random country folk,” spat the pony before turning around and stomping away.

That could’ve gone worse. I suppose he was just having a bad day.

After progressing for a while longer, movement in an alleyway caught my eyes. I paused. A brown unicorn with shifty eyes was sneaking around. To greet or not to greet -that is a dumb question. I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime, and nothing’s going to make me mess with a pony that’s shadier than Triston. Just as I decided to move on, a green flash briefly swirled around the unicorn. Holy crap. In the pony’s place was a black pony with strange wings and hooves. From my distance, I could not see anymore. Oh well. That’s a pretty neat disguise. Magic, man..I guess all the ponies have access to some of it. With that, I continued meandering to the castle.


Celestia's PoV (Half an hour before dinner)

I knocked on my sister's door.

"Luna, it's time to get up and raise the moon."

I heard the bed shift and the grumblings of my grumpy little sister.
I knocked again. The guards stationed next to her door couldn't resist a smile, as they knew what was about to happen. It only occurred almost every night.

"Luluuuu."

I chuckled as I heard her scramble around before opening the door a crack.
She whispered furiously, "Tia! Didst we not tell thee to cease using that name in front of guards?"

I smiled warmly.

"Lul-" her left eye twitched "- Luna, it is time."

With a short glare, my sister threw her head up and stomped toward the room we usually used for changing the Sun and Moon. I followed, hearing a couple stifled chortles from behind.

We stood side by side, as our horns glowed. Day began changing to night. My sister faced me.

"Tia, how fares the hu- Daniel?"

I replied, "He decided to explore the city today but should be back for dinner soon enough."

"Dost thou not think he may lose his way within the city?"

"He's smart enough, Lulu."

I received a skeptical look in return.

"Yes. Smart enough, Tia. Didst thou not observe him earlier this day?" replied Luna wryly.

"It'll be okay. Besides, Beam Dancer is with him, and even if he does get lost, there are plenty of ponies who could give him directions, " I reasoned, and with that said, we began walking to the dining room.


We had been seated at the dining table for half an hour already. I was beginning to worry. Neither of us had eaten yet. Well, a couple bites of cake doesn't count. Some more of the pastry casually floated over to my mouth.

Beam Dancer's PoV

"Ughhh!" I groaned in frustration.

Just what is wrong with that human?! First, he uses me as a pony shield for cake -the nerve!-, and then he makes me fail at my job by scampering off to Celestia knows where!

I had been looking for him everywhere! All day! And it’s almost dinner- I checked my watch. -Nevermind! It is dinner!

“Oooh! Where could the insolent human be hiding?” I growled to myself.

At the moment, I was searching the hedge maze, where I lost him, for the third time. If it weren’t for him, I could’ve done so much more today! Like dusting, cleaning, doing my actual job! Okay, okay. Calm down, me. Your employer is an empathetic, passionate, wonderful princess. She won’t punish nor fire yo- I’m going to be fired! Banned to the moon! Oh, Celestia!

I flew above the maze, and circled desperately around the castle’s main entrance. Wait..could it be?

Daniel’s PoV

I hope I’m not late. Breaking promises stink. The sun had dipped almost below the horizon by the time I reached the castle. A familiar sky blue figure was flying in place -a stark contrast to the dark orange of the sky. Beads of sweat began forming, as the pegasus shot towards me. Oh crap.

I waited until I could see her yellow irises, which clearly held explosive anger, before shouting, “Toro, Toro - OLÉ!” I leapt to the side, rolled, and sprinted to the castle doors as if a thousand Triston clones were after me.

“You’re not escaping this time, Daniel!”

NOPE. I wrenched one of the heavy doors open and entered. Celestia and Luna should be at the dining room. Dining room… A distant whistling began making itself known, as Beamy cut the distance between us. Left, right, LEFT! I darted to the left, and the smell of food wafted down the hall. Good job, me! Beamy was only five feet away from me now. I scrambled away much more swiftly, and right before the dining room, I used my momentum to slide like a baseball player reaching for home plate. Beamy sped right over me at the point, and I used her momentary confusion to burst through the room before slamming the doors shut. I bet that baffled a lot of guards.

"Ehem."

I turned around slowly and delivered a weak smile.

"Sorry-" I panted, "I'm a bit-" I took more breaths, "late."

Both princesses had reacted quite differently to my spontaneity. Celestia wore an amused expression, while Luna had, I assumed, kicked her chair back, stood up, and went into full attack mode. The latter’s horn slowly stopped glowing as the initial shock faded. Luna shook her head, and the horn glowed again, pulling the chair to its original position. She sat down again. The maid I recognized as Feather Shine still had her jaw near the ground.

“That is alright -as long as you made it back safely. Now, why don’t you take a seat, and we can enjoy our meals,” replied the sun princess.

I gave a nervous glance at the doors and then quickly sat at my becoming-usual spot across the princesses. The doors slammed open, displaying the furiously huffing nightmare that had pursued me. Her eyes widened as she took notice of the scene, and she blubbered some random nonsense that was probably meant as an apology. The doors slammed shut and reopened slowly. Every creak made itself known, and the pegasus returned calmly, shutting the door once more and taking her place next to Feather Shine.

A minute passed.

Feather Shine recovered and came over to me.

“What will your meal be, Sir?”

I took a swift look at Celestia’s and Luna’s dinners. Well, breakfast for the latter.

“I suppose whatever Celestia got minus the cake.” What used to be the cake, that is.

Once Feather Shine left to deliver the request, Celestia inquired, “So. How was your visit to Canterlot?”

Oh, God. I could feel the daggers on the back of my neck coming from Beam Dancer’s glare alone. An involuntary shiver shook my body.

“Canterlot was quite beautiful, and, uh, I..had fun?”

Luna’s ears perked up at the word. Celestia, however, noticed my discomfort.

“Would you like to continue this conversation later, Daniel?”

“That’s completely fine by me.”

The Princess of the Night disagreed though.

“Is it much too toilsome for thee to expound upon what manner of fun thou hadst?”

“Not really, no,” I murmured.

Luna looked expectantly at me, and just as I was about to crack, a heavy knock echoed through the room. SAVED.

“Enter,” rang Celestia’s voice.

A guard opened the doors.

“Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle and her friends request to meet the human.”

Huh? Who’s Twi- Crap.

Author's Note:

Ahhh. Sorry for the long wait! Life took over completely. (Final Exams..Summer courses..new term..more exams) But besides the excuses..

Should I continue with the multiple-PoV style?
Or should I just stick with Daniel's PoV?

And what did you think of my depiction of the Mane 6 + Spike?

One more thing, did the chapter feel rushed?

Thanks for reading!