• Published 14th Feb 2019
  • 286 Views, 16 Comments

Owner Of A Lonely Heart - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Rarity's gone through a number of crushes over the years. As told via a series of diary entries.

  • ...
 16
 286

Entry 35

Dear Diary,

I suppose I may as well consider my other friends. Applejack? They say opposites attract, after all. That said, I must say I didn't see her appeal when Trenderhoof was fawning all over her. And I still don't. We're good friends, but I just can't see myself falling for her any more than I could see her falling for me.

Twilight? Well, she's from Canterlot, the greatest city in all of Equestria. But... so are a number of other ponies in my social circle these days. I even have a shop there now. She's a dear friend, Diary, but she'll never be what I'm looking for.

And the same is true of Pinkie Pie. I could handle Pinkie Pie better if she came with an 'off' switch. I love her like I love all my friends, but she can be overwhelming at times. She thinks so radically different than any of the rest of us. I daresay I don't understand her most of the time. And I suspect she's madly in love with Rainbow Dash. She seems... far too attached to 'Dashie'.

My employees? Coco Pommel and Sassy Saddles. Certainly both are attractive mares, and Coco certainly has that whole shy thing going for her. She makes it work better than Fluttershy does. But good help is terribly hard to find, and should a relationship with either fail to work out it could critically damage my brand and my image. No, it's safest to leave personal feelings out and keep these relationships strictly professional.

There's one other possibility. The one I've refrained from talking about this whole time. I think I shall sleep on this one before putting my thoughts to paper.

Good night, Diary.

Love,
Rarity