• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,138 Views, 43 Comments

The Chaos Conundrum - Chaos_Azeroth



After Discord was trapped again, there was a bit of a side effect. Chaos itself is made into a pony.

  • ...
5
 43
 1,138

Chapter 1 (Who Am I?)

'Who am I? What am I? There is only darkness here. Do I even exist? I feel so lonely, and yet I am glad to be alone. Why is this? I don't know.

Strange thoughts in the darkness of something in between worlds, in between existing and not existing. And suddenly a gentle light orb, shining and showing.

'What is this? It's lovely. I can almost feel...

And then, a sudden lurching. A strange pony hit the ground, the only witness to her 'birth' the night sky. She sat up, bewildered. 'Who am I?' She asked the night sky. 'What am I? Where am I?' She began to laugh and cry at the same time.

She was a black pony, and her mane and tail were black with streaks of red, blue, and purple. She looked at these things, through her tears, with a strange mix of surprise and apathy. The only thing she knew was that she was called. But who had called her, and why? She didn't know.

She walked, silently now, searching for anyone or anything that could give her answers. No one was around. She reached out with her inner self, shouted.

'Who am I? What am I? Who are you? Why did you call me? Did you make me? She just kept reaching out. And suddenly she got a reply, very weak and hazy.

'It can't be...I didn't...Oh this is just...Come find me...Come find me...

She was somewhere between mad and relieved. Finally maybe some answers. But who would do this to her and why? And the voice had gone, where she didn't know. Only a faint energy remained, that grew more and more faint by the second. She followed it, gently breathing for the first time. Being lost in the moon and stars. Just existing, truly existing, for the first time.

She could smell freshness, but didn't know she was smelling or what it was. Or what freshness was. The breeze was cool, pleasant against her, yet she didn't know any of those things. She was feeling more lost and alone than any of her other feelings, but she didn't know that either. She had come into thought longer ago than she knew, and had suddenly come into this being. It was too much, and not enough. The loneliness was bittersweet, something to be both cherished and feared. But she had no idea about any of it, or anything.

She had to stop before she knew it. The energy was there and yet it wasn't. Before her, a strange statue. She could barely make it out. She had begun to weep again, the tears streaming silently down her face. 'Why?' She whispered.

'You're Chaos.' It was the faint voice from before. 'You're needed...I need...to be free again....

She screamed, 'I don't understand! I don't understand myself, or you, or this place!' Then began to laugh.

'You do...Aww what a shame, no cutie mark. I'm surprised.....'

'Cutie...mark? What is a....' Concepts and images flashed through her brain. She looked back at her flank, and felt some strange shame to see it was indeed without a mark. Other images and concepts hit her, like a storm.

Moon...grass...stars...sky...breathing...love...hate...those and so much more.

'No more,' she whispered. 'Yes more.'

Bombarded even stronger by imprisonment, by frustration and joy. By hate and by...

She fainted.

She awoke slowly, and almost had forgotten what had happened before. The sun had risen, and she immediately decided she didn't like it as much as she liked the moon. She sat slowly, and blinked. The statue was strangely lovely to her, though she couldn't figure out quite why. She stared, sadly and whispered to no one at all.

'Discord.' Then, after a few more moments.

'I am Chaos. But what does that really mean?' She suddenly heard voices, but she didn't care. She would wait there for her answers. She would wait forever if she had to. She had time, she knew that now, all the time she needed. The voices she heard now were of no importance. They were...

She didn't know.

'I bet nothing's wrong Pinkie.'

'I'm telling you, Twilight. My Pinkie sense is going off big time.'

'Well we've been just about everywhere. Surely it can't be....' The voice cut off.

'I wonder who that is?' They were coming closer now, she could hear their steps approaching her. A friendly voice spoke to her, cheerful and full of enthusiasm.

'Now I know you're a new pony!' A gasp.

As lonely and as lost as Chaos had felt, she just didn't care that someone was talking to her.
_______________________

The night that Chaos had arrived, or rather came into physical being, someone had heard her questions. Princess Luna had heard them, felt them really, as Chaos had spoken to the moon.

'Chaos has come to Equestria,' she though in shock. 'And already so strong! She is reaching out to us with her questions without even realizing it. Something must be done! But what?'

This had troubled Princess Luna, and it only had gotten worse when Chaos touched minds with Discord. Had he done this somehow? Princess Luna doubted it very much. But if not him, then who? And how? She wasn't sure if her sister knew, or if to tell her. She paced, restlessly. The biggest question was if Chaos should be imprisoned or if she should be given a chance.

Having been imprisoned herself, Princess Luna was having trouble deciding. After all, Chaos hadn't done anything wrong..Yet. She was Chaos, after all. But was it right to already decide? But Chaos....

Princess Luna sighed. She would watch and wait. And if nothing had become any clearer by the next night, she would have to have a chat with the strange pony.

'We are not looking forward to this. We can only hope we are doing the right thing,' Princess Luna said softly to herself, hoping her sister wouldn't hear her, and yet a small part of her hoping she would.