• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 397 Views, 5 Comments

Some Ponies Are Too Oblivious - ShimmerShine



In a group of eight friends, there are four mares and four colts. With one week before hearts before hearts and hooves day, secrets are exposed and love is found. It was always bound to happen but like this?? Nope

  • ...
 5
 397

Idiots

Author's Note:

Yay! Ok so, we tag teamed on this story because we have crazy weird friends!!! Hope you like it!


- Skatespark and Shimmer Shine

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until its put right under your nose. This story is all about stupid ponies who have that problem. But, I am getting ahead of myself.


On a warm winter afternoon in Ponyville, a group of eight friends met at the park. They talked, laughed and overall enjoyed themselves for about three hours.

There was Lily, a unicorn with a light purple coat and a light pink curled mane. She always wore a pinkish dress that hid the lower half of her body. Although, ponies had seen her cutie mark. It was two masks with a sad face and happy face resembling her talent for acting.

Then, There's Melody. Also a unicorn but, she is a light blue mare with dark blue spiked hair. her cutie mark is a quarter note with a pencil for the spine. This resembled her love for playing the violin and, drawing.

Shimmer Shine was a pink pegasus pony with long dark red hair. One big star and three little stars was her mark to resemble singing.

The last of the mares in this group was Skatespark. An excellent unicorn with a red coat and a gold flowing mane. Her talent was skateboarding and her mark was her skate board; Katara.

All of these mares were looking for something to do on Hearts and Hooves day, which was only in one week so, they needed to think fast. Well, all except Melody. She knew things that the other ponies of the group didn't. Good things? Yes. Strange things? Oh definitely.

The colts of the group were just as clueless as the mares.

First, there was Blue. Blue was a tall fearless pegasus. His coat follows his name and is a dark blue color. His mane is a light purple and his talent is


Then. Cinnamon. Cinnamon is a dark red Pegasus colt with spiky black and dark purple hair. Although he is rambunctiously annoying, he manages to maintain around other ponies who he might scare. His cutie mark is a lightning bolt. Ya know, pegasus. Lightning.

Next was Symphonic Blitz. A Light brown random unicorn with a dark brown and pink short mane. His talent is playing the violin and his cutie mark is a violin with music notes around it. His fraternal twin sister just happens to be part of the group too. Lily and Blitz are thee son and daughter of a unicorn and pegasus couple.

The last of the group of friends is Triple Track. This burgundy Unicorn is known for being the father of corny jokes. He has a black shaggy mane and his talent is being an extreme video game player.

At the park, They discussed the daily news and whats going on in Ponyville. It was a warm but, cloudy day considering Cinnamon decided to be lazy. Again.

" Can you believe hearts and hooves day is only one week away!?" Melody said in excitement. The rest of the group had been dreading the lovey dovey holiday for some time now. For, none of them had a special somepony. Skatespark gulped down the rest of the sandwich she had and gave the cheery blue unicorn an annoyed look.

" Who cares about that stupid holiday??" The rest of the group mumbled in agreement. Melody looked at all of them and rolled her eyes before going back to her salad.

"I do" Blue said. Everypony stopped and looked at him in awe. Blue? Care about Hearts and Hooves Day?? He spoke up again " It is a special day for ponies to be with the ones they love" He glanced over at Lily who was poking her Sunflower Sandwich. Cinnamon burst out in laughter, causing the group to turn their heads in his direction.

"OK" he said through a giggle fit " Who are you and, what have you done with Blue?" Blue rolled his eyes and gave Cinnamon a scowl.

" I can care about holidays if I want to Cinnamon. Just because I'm a hardcore athlete with coltly obligations, doesn't mean I am not soft at times.." He said giving Lily, who was whispering something to Shimmer Shine, another look. Shimmer Shine giggled and tried to hide it behind a hoof. Triple Track looked at them with confusion.

" I didn't say anything to make you guys laugh, what are you laughing at??" He said in a serious tone as if funny was his job. Shimmer Shine cleared her throat and looked at Triple Track.

" No, you didn't say anything" She turned her head to Blue and Pointed at him with her left wing. " He did with his ' Coltly Obligations' " She said before Her, Lily, Melody and Skatespark burst into a laughing quartet. It took a moment for the colts to get it but, they joined with the laughing too. Melody was the last to stop laughing. She scanned the group and chuckled to herself.

" You guys are all idiots." She said like it was no problem. She chuckled again and then stood up. The group gave her looks of confusion and interest at what she was doing. " I bet I can get you each a special somepony BEFORE hearts and hooves day." The group sat in silence for a moment before laughing at their friend's comment. Melody put on a poker face and sat on her haunches waiting for them to stop. Each of them got up and picked up trash, getting ready to leave. The all made comments to Melody about her challenge.

" Good luck with that" said Blitz, throwing away an apple core.

" Have fun" Lily said following him, her glittery dress dragging on the grass.

" Yeah, ah,no" Blue said in a serious manner.

Skatespark walked away, waving at the group. Triple Track, living in the same area as her, followed.

Cinnamon walked up to Melody and put a wing around her, causing her to blush.

" Have fun getting this stud muffin a date, Mel." His wing came to his side and he said goodbye to the remaining ponies before, taking to the skies.

Only Shimmer Shine was left. She gave Melody an apologetic smile before giving her a hug goodbye. She flapped her wings and said "Doubt you'll find somepony as weird as me but, you can try!!"

Melody stared up at Shimmer Shine as she flew away. She chuckled to herself again.

" Idiots" She got up and went home. Getting ready for the weeks plans.. They will have no idea what hit them..