• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 3,280 Views, 32 Comments

Magic Mishap - TheFaceofMercy



The Cutie Mark Crusaders will Discover the perks and the problems of being adults while they take care of an alicorn filly and her friends, but dont worry, they can handle it... Right?

  • ...
3
 32
 3,280

What are we going to do?

"My head..." Little Rarity moaned. Her eyes trebled in size when she noticed the pitch of her voice had changed dramatically. "—MY VOICE!! What in Tartarus just happened?! Why is everything so big?!?.." She got up slowly from her spot on the floor, only to start galloping towards the mare that resembled her little sister talking with a familiar pink coated mare.

"Sooo…what are you going to do now, little filly?" Diamond Tiara patronized, looking down at the white unicorn filly that retreated in fear. She looked around the room, searching for her pal. She found Silver Spoon picking up a small rainbow-maned filly that tried in vain to run and fly away from her captor, but she didn’t prevail.

"Do you like this, little filly? It isn’t fun to be the small one, is it?!” Silver Spoon teased the blue filly, contempt practically dripping from her tone.

"Ahhhh!! Put me down, put me down!!" Dash bawled. She was then unceremoniously dumped onto the floor by a stern-looking Silver Spoon.

"You're going to get it when I grow up again, I'll show you...did ya hear me!!?" Dash shouted, glaring up at the grey mare with the air of an angry child. Her anger instantly melted and evaporated when she saw Silver's evil grin leering down upon her. She didn't need to think twice; Rainbow Dash ran for her life. Silver Spoon growled as she chased after the young Pegasus filly.

"Stop, you fiend!" the grown up Scootaloo ordered, putting her hoof down. "You're not going to treat Rainbow Dash like that!!" she bellowed as Rainbow hid behind her legs. Silver went charging toward Scootaloo at maximum speed when she heard her friend call her.

"Silver... we shouldn't waste our time with these immature foals," Diamond Tiara derided, looking down at the fearful former mares, "Let’s go. There are so many things that we could do now that we’re older!" Tiara said with a smirk. Silver Spoon nodded and followed her friend towards the library’s exit.

But before they could leave, a lavender filly hurried to block the door, with a slightly scared yet determined frown, "You can’t leave! We still have to fix this mess!" Twilight proclaimed, her hilariously high-pitched voice laced with determination. What she didn’t expect was what was going to happen later that day.

Diamond Tiara trotted towards the filly, her eyebrows knitting into a menacing glare. She crouched down until she was at eye-level with Twilight. Twilight tried to avert her gaze, but the much older mare put her hooves in Twilight's cheeks and twisted her head around so she could look her directly in her eyes. Twilight tried to fight her way through, but she simply wasn't strong enough to overcome the older pony
.
"I don't care if you’re a princess," Diamond Tiara spoke in a relatively calm and collected tone, "Or the new ruler of Equestria, but since I’m older than you now, I say that you are going to show me RESPECT, young filly!!!" As Diamond continued, Twilight shrank backwards in fear, curling up into a tiny ball in the Library floor.

“You no longer have the right to boss me around, and you WILL NOT demand anything from me anymore; is that CRYSTALLINE CLEAR?!!?" Twilight didn't answer. "I SAID, AM I CLEAR?!" Roared Diamond. Twilight’s head bobbled up and down rapidly as tears coursed down her cheeks.

Diamond smirked, "I thought so. Oh, would you look at the time! I’m sorry, but it’s time for me to go. Oh! I almost forgot, 'Princess'…" she put heavy emphasis on the word ‘Princess’ while she sent a stern look towards the aforementioned filly, "You should really learn how to behave around grownups. After all, mind your elders!" Diamond Tiara concluded with a haughty laugh, leaving the tiny purple filly to her own devices as the pink mare and her silver-colored friend left the library.

All of the other remaining ponies (and dragon) stared at the blubbering Alicorn in shock and went over to calm her down. Between sobs, Twilight managed to choke out, "Wha-what are we goin' t-to do…?”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The former fillies and dragon were having a real hard time taking care of the 6 fillies while trying to figure out a way to sort out the disaster. Sweetie especially felt guilty for being the one that cast the spell.
Worse yet, Twilight didn't want to read any books, a rather shocking revelation to say the very least. Initially it was a huge surprise for all them…until they realized that the new Twilight was more like Rainbow Dash than the adult version. Perhaps since Twilight’s resurrected and revived childlike mindset was aware that she had friends in her youth was the most plausible explanation for her change of personality.

As of now, Twilight was indulging herself in a flying contest with Rainbow Dash rather than read the spellbooks that Spike had offered her earlier.
"On your mark," little Pinkie counted, "Get set... " The Alicorn and Pegasus stretched their petite wings and prepared to fly. Their target, the finish line, was located at the top window.
“GO!!”

As soon as Pinkie gave the green light, they took off from the bookshelf and flew towards the window when suddenly a pair of scaly purple claws snatched their small bodies.

"Well, well, well, looks like two certain little fillies are going to have a very long timeout," Spike calmly rebuked, giving Twilight a stern look. "You haven’t read any of the books that I gave you, Twily," He then looked at Rainbow Dash, who was desperately trying to avoid his gaze. "And you, little missy, should be helping your friends! Don't you see that they are all in need of some moral support?"

Spike had a point; for six former mares, being helpless fillies again was a rather tough adjustment. The diminished heights, the lack of abilities, and (for Fluttershy), the return of old fears and inhibitions was most definitely NOT a pleasant experience. For the Crusaders, being fully grown adult ponies with flanks barren of any cutie mark was just plain disappointing.

"But Spiiiike," Twilight whined, her bottom lip jutting out as she used the puppy dog eyes that she hoped would cajole Spike into letting her off the hook, "I don' wanna read books! They’re soooo boring!"

"You mean you don't want to help your friends?" Spike pointed out, unconvinced as he raised an eyebrow, highly doubting the filly’s protests. Twilight instantly felt guilty again, her cheeks pinking slightly.

"No, no, no! Spike, you don't understand," Twilight said quickly, "I wanna play, Spike. I never got the chance to be a real kid when I was really young, and you know that! I’ll read all of those books when I later, I promise! But for now, I wanna enjoy this! Pleeeease? You understand, right?" pleaded the purple filly, her eyes shining.

"Please Spike," Rainbow added with a whine, "Listen to the egghead..." she couldn't continue the sentence because of the book that had toppled off its shelf and landed on her head. ”Ouch... I'm on your side ya know, Twilight?!" Dash said rubbing her head with her foreleg.

Twilight glared daggers at her friend, "I'm not an egghead! I could beat you in ten seconds flat anyday!” A wicked smile crossed her features when she used Rainbow's slogan. Rainbow stared at her for several seconds before she let out a seething growl. The two fillies were about to engage in a fight when filly Rarity decided to intervene.

"Spiiikeyyy, I have just thought of the best idea ever!" Rarity exclaimed, "Why don't you send a letter to Princess Celestia? She could fix this mess in no time!"

Spike knew that she was right, but for some reason his magical fire breath wasn't working right. "Rarity, I’ve already told you before that my magic isn't working either. If I used my fire breath right now, I would probably burn the letter before it could even make it to Celestia’s palace.”

Rarity’s eyes welled up with tears as she prepared to cry her eyes out, but a joyful scream coming from the other side of the room interrupted her.

"GIRLS!!" Applebloom exclaimed, pointing her hoof to a half opened book on the floor, "I found something, I can't quite see it, but the cover says 'Transformation'.”
Everypony in the room (minus Twilight and Rainbow Dash that were muzzle-to-muzzle and having a smirk-off) ran towards the book that Applebloom held in her hooves.

"What da hay is that?" Little Applejack said, looking at the cover of the book and then turning her gaze towards the yellow coated filly, "What do ya think Flutters?" she asked.

"I do-don't think that I’ve seen it before…it looks like it’s in another language,” Fluttershy replied in her expected soft tone.
"Well, looks like we’re gonna be stuck this way for a little while longer then,” an annoyed Scootaloo commented, earning various looks from the fillies in the room. Spike, giving Scootaloo a soft punch in her flank approached the watery-eyed fillies and gave them a reassuring smile, "Don't worry girls, I think know somepony that can read this." Spike took the book in his claws and went to the corner of the Library where Rainbow Dash and Twilight were committed to their staring contest.

"Twily... could you do me a fav—”
"Shhh, quiet Spike, I’m kind of busy right now!" Twilight said, still not tearing her gaze away from Rainbow’s.
Spike tried to be patient and understanding about Twilight’s desire to feel and act young again, but this had pushed it far beyond his breaking point. He went over to Twilight's side and clapped his hand loudly. The echo of the clap was strong enough to make Twilight accidentally blink and consequently lose the staring contest, much to the filly’s dismay.

"Ha! You blinked! I won!" Rainbow exclaimed, smirking victoriously.

Twilight shook her head, flashing Rainbow her classic smug smile. "Nuh-uh, Spike cheated!"

"Yeah, I won!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yeah-uh!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"ENOUGH!" boomed Sweetie Belle, "Twilight Sparkle, come here right now!!"

“Bu-But Rainbow started it! She was—“

"Twilight, did you hear me?? Come over here NOW!!!”

Twilight obeyed, stunned by the sudden authority in Sweetie’s voice. "Okay…" The alicorn mumbled, meekly walking towards the white coated mare, eliciting a few laughs from Rainbow Dash.

"Twilight, I’m sorry I had to raise my voice at you like that, but we really need you to read the book.” Sweetie explained.

Twilight nodded softly in understanding. "Okay, I’ll read the book, but can I play again later?" She asked expectantly.

"Of course, but you have to translate this for us,” Sweetie replied.

"Alright, give me the book." Twilight said, extending a hoof towards Spike, the one that had the book.

"No, no, Twilight, what’s the magic word?" Applebloom chided the purple alicorn teasingly, which earned a confused look from Twilight.

"Ummm…please?"

"Beg ya Pardon?" Applebloom grinned.

By now Twilight was fuming out of anger. "Can you hand me the book PLEASE??" Twilight said with a rising tone of impatience through her gritted teeth as she glared at Applebloom.

"Ver’ well then," giggled Bloom, making a hoof gesture towards a snickering Spike, who nodded and handed the book to Twilight. "What do we say now?" she tolled, not even trying to suppress her laughter.

"Thank you," Twilight mumbled, clearly irritated. She then trotted over to a nearby table and opened the book with her muzzle. “Can anypony bring me a piece of parchment...oh! And a quill…and some ink?“ She requested, not lifting her eyes from the book, until she realized she had forgotten something. “Please?” she added with a weary sigh.

Spike accommodated the request and quickly brought her the items that she required. “Alright then. I’ll start,” Before she could begin, however, Twilight was stopped by a low rumble that came from her stomach. She blushed, “Buuut…I think I need a quick snack first,” The others groaned as she stood up and trotted towards the kitchen. Seconds later, a light green aura that surrounded a cupcake with chocolate frosting made the former mare do a doubletake.

Twilight stared at the mare with the candy-colored mane that was levitating the snack in front of her in amazement. “Swe-Sweetie Belle, you’re using your magic! That’s wonderful!” She happily chirped.
She tried to reach the pastry with her mouth, only to find that she couldn’t reach it. The filly opened her eyes in confusion to find the chocolate confection was suspended above her head.

"Twilight," Sweetie teased in a sing-song voice, "I think there’s something you should say first." She reminded, a broad smile slowly stretching across her face.

"Not agaaain!! Forget it. I’m not THAT hungry…" Twilight retorted, her thoughts interrupted as she heard a familiar grumbling noise once again. "Errr… it wasn't me!" She defended, eyeing Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who both stifled laughter. She sent them both dirty looks, only for another soft voice to speak up.

"I-it was me, Twilight….I don’t mean to interrupt anypony, bu-but I am a little hungry too…" Fluttershy said quietly, shadowing her face behind her willowy pink mane.

"It’s okay Fluttershy, I think that we all could go for a little snack," Scootaloo assured the yellow Pegasus filly with a smile. "We can steal some food from Twi’s kitchen. You cool with it, Twilight?” She asked, looking at the blue-maned filly expectantly.

"Actually..."Twilight temporized as Spike interrupted her, "To tell the truth, Scoots, we don't really have any food here. Most of the time we just eat out," The dragon finished.

"You know what that means, right?" Applebloom asked the orange coated mare.
"Oh, oh! I know! I know! Ask me! Pick me! I know!!" Little Pinkie interrupted, jumping up and down excitedly.
"Ya don't mean.." Applejack whimpered timidly.
"I think that we're going to have to eat out this time." Sweetie finished with a glint of dread in her green eyes.

Author's Note:

Well, this is the second Chapter of the story,
Be tough with the comments, I need feedback...
also I hope that you like the story so far.

Also Thanks to theARAuthor for editing and proofreading my story