• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 9,662 Views, 97 Comments

The Pony Ghostbusters - Wildcard25



When the ghost of King Sombra haunts the Crystal Empire, the girls have no idea how to handle an entity like that. So who're they gonna call?

  • ...
9
 97
 9,662

Knowing your Equipment

After the girls had whipped the four Ghostbuster ponies in shape to control their new pony abilities, it was time they learned exactly how the Ghostbusters do what they do best. Soon the four Ghostbusters stood outside Golden Oaks in their new ponyfied uniforms, with the girls and Spike watching them and the equipment they brought with, "Ok listen up girls, and Spike," Peter began, "If you wanna know what it means to be a ghostbuster then you're gonna have to listen well and hear what we have to say."

"We're listening." Twilight replied.

Winston spoke, "First up to be a ghostbuster ya need to believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster, and the theory of Atlantis."

"That's a lot to believe in." Applejack answered.

"Yeah, but when you've been on the job like us all that hardly sounds like a big deal." Ray explained.

"Yeah-yeah, so can we see your cool equipment now?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah-yeah, can-we can-we?" Pinkie asked, while bouncing up and down.

"Take it easy, girls," Ray chuckled, "First thing to introduce you to is our more standard equipment."

"Correct." Egon agreed and levitated the PKE Meter up.

"Hey, that's the thing you have for a cutie mark." Rainbow noticed.

"Very observant, Rainbow Dash. Yes, this is called the PKE Meter." Egon explained.

"PKE?" Rarity wondered.

"That's Psychokinetic energy," the unicorn answered, "This device is what we use to track ghosts or other powerful entities by reading their psychokinetic signature in a surrounding area." he activated the device that was at a strong reading due to being close to Slimer.

"Interesting." Twilight admitted.

"Next we have Ecto-Goggles," Ray levitated a pair of ecto-goggles onto his head, which didn't get in the way of his horn, "Wearing these allows us to track ghosts who're invisible, and track PKE valences."

"So when ya find them ghosts, how do ya deal with them?" Applejack inquired.

"With these babies." Peter stepped aside to reveal the proton packs.

"What are they?" Fluttershy asked.

"These are our proton packs," Ray explained, "It's what we use to subdue a ghost."

"How do they work?" Spike asked.

"Well we'd love to show you," Peter began smugly, "But we would need an ecto volunteer to help us." he eyed Slimer.

Slimer looked from left to right, wondering what Peter was getting at before pointing at himself, "What, me?"

"Who else?" Peter asked.

"Nuh-huh. No way!" Slimer waved his arms in protest.

"Come on, Slimer. For us." Ray pleaded.

"No!" Slimer crossed his arms, and looked away stubbornly.

"That little spud is impossible." Peter grumbled.

"Let me try," Fluttershy said, as she flew up to Slimer's level, "Slimer, it would mean so much to me and my friends if you'd help the gentlecolts show us on how their equipment is used. Won't you please help them in their demonstration?" she put on an adorable face.

Slimer, unable to resist Fluttershy's sweetness, ceased his stubbornness and answered, "Ok."

With Slimer cooperating, Egon continued, "Now our proton packs are our means catching and subduing a ghost. They shoot a proton stream with positively charged ions which can counter the negative energy in a ghost, which we then use to ensnare the ghost once they've lost enough of their energy to fight back."

"Makes sense." Twilight answered, while the girls stare at her blankly.

"You get all that?" Rainbow asked.

"Of course. Can't you?" she asked back, and Rainbow shrugged.

"Although, we normally carry our proton packs on our backs and use our human bodies hands to hold onto the particle throwers connected to our packs," Egon continued, "However, with me and Ray being unicorns we can still carry our packs on our backs, and use our unicorn magic to levitate the throwers and aim them. The standard pack size however would be too big for Peter to carry, especially if he's trying to fly, and Winston without magic can't levitate his particle thrower."

"I could hold it in my mouth." Winston suggested.

"Too risky. Aiming is everything in this matter." Egon reminded him.

"Ok, Egon, so what do you have in mind?" Peter asked, while open for suggestions.

"You and Winston will be using the Compact Packs." Egon said, as he levitated two Compact Packs to the two.

"Works for me." Winston admitted, as the pack portion was strapped to his right shoulder, and the beam shooter to his right leg. Once Peter got his on, the four stood ready to give a demonstration.

"Now watch carefully, girls." Egon instructed, as the four activated their packs and shot their streams that were attacking Slimer.

"It's so flashy!" Pinkie beamed.

"So that's the positive proton-things or something?" Applejack asked.

"Correct." Ray said as their beams ensnared Slimer and started bringing him down, until they shut the packs down.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow cheered.

"Those devices of yours are sure something." Rarity admitted in wonder.

"Well they're not to be toyed with, in fact if not handled with care they can cause more damage to the user and those around them." Egon explained.

"How so?" Twilight asked.

"Well for one thing, you don't wanna cross the streams." Ray answered.

"Why not?" Pinkie asked.

"It would be bad." Egon answered.

"Bad, how?" Applejack asked, hating their vagueness.

"Try to imagine all life as you know stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light." Egon cleared it up, leaving the girls in a fright.

"Good heavens!" Rarity gasped.

"In others words, Total Protonic Reversal." Twilight gasped. in realization

"Precisely." Egon replied.

"That is bad." Rainbow admitted.

"Ok, so you use those beams to subdue a ghost, but how do you catch it?" Spike asked.

"With these," Ray levitated a trap, "The ghost trap. When we use our proton beams to ensnare a ghost and hold it in place, we bring them down further to the ground and open one or more of these traps to catch a ghost and hold it. Like so." he slid a trap underneath Slimer, and stomped his hoof on the pedal opening it, which in turn sucked Slimer into the trap and then closed.

"What happened to Slimer?" Fluttershy gasped, seeing he was gone.

"He's inside the trap." Peter explained, as he tapped the trap with his hoof, that sparked a bit.

"Can't you get him out?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, but only because he's one of us." Peter pressed onto the pedal to reopen to the trap. With it opened up, Slimer flew out and announced.

"Tah-dah!" he giggled, as Fluttershy and the others applauded on their performance.

"Thank you, thank you." Peter said, as he waved his hoof.

"Though we don't keep them inside the traps forever," Ray continued, "After we capture them we take them back to our headquarters and store them in a storage facility."

"How many have you caught?" Fluttershy asked.

"I've never kept track." Peter admitted.

"So you just find the ghost, blast em, and catch em?" Applejack asked hoping she got it all right.

"Well it's not always as simple as that, Applejack." Egon replied.

"Sometimes we can't simply catch the ghost or entity we're trying to hunt. Sometimes we have to neutralize it or destroy it." Ray explained.

"And sometimes our packs don't have enough juice to get the job done, so we find alternative ways to trap them." Winston added.

"But on a standard job it follows three steps," Peter spoke up, "First we zap 'em, then we cap 'em, then we trap 'em."

"You think maybe we can learn how to use them?" Twilight asked.

"Well Princess, as said before the proton packs are not toys." Egon reminded her.

"But if you taught us how to use them we'd be prepared to handle them." Rainbow put in.

"Hmm, having more help would do us some good, and Twilight does know a multiplying spell so she can duplicate the packs for her and her friends." Ray noted.

"What do you say, Egon?" Winston asked.

"Well with more help we stand a good chance against the ghost of this Sombra," Egon admitted, before looking at the girls, "Very well, but we're gonna have to make it a condense practice round."

Suddenly Spike belched up green flames which created a rolled up scroll, "Whoa!" the ghostbusters gasped.

"Did he just burp a message?" Ray asked.

"It's a letter from the Princess," Twilight began, as she looked at the letter, "She says we have to head for the Crystal Empire. Some smaller ghosts have been spotted around the kingdom, and believes they may be followers of Sombra's ghost."

"Looks like we're gonna have to make a condense lesson into a more condenser lesson." Peter quiped.

"And how far is this Crystal Empire?" Winston asked.

"It's due north here, but we'll never make it in time by train." Twilight stated.

Suddenly their was a bright light illuminating from behind them. They looked and saw appearing before them was the Ecto-1, which looked bigger and longer to hold more than the four Ghostbusters and their equipment combined, "No way!" Peter and Winston gasped.

"What is that?" Rarity gasped.

"The car!" Ray gasped in surprise.

"Car?" the ponies and dragon asked in confusion.

"How'd it get here?" Peter asked, until Spike belched up another message.

Twilight read it, and spoke, "The princess said she used her magic to bring it here, and used more magic to trick it out better for you to use here in Equestria."

"As long as it can get us to the Crystal Empire with no trouble we can't complain. Let's go!" Peter ordered, as Ray and Egon used their magic to levitate their equipment and load it into the back.

As they piled into the back seats, Peter got up front on the passenger side, while Winston took the wheel. The now earth pony saw the steering wheel had been modified to have two holes on both sides where he would assume he had to put his hooves into in order to steer it.

"Ok, buckle up." Winston ordered, as the group buckled their seat belts.

"Come on Winston, let's see the if the old girl's still got it!" Peter called, as Winston started the car, as its alarm sounded.

"Everyone set? Here we go!" Winston called, as he started driving off with the car going through Ponyville.

The ponies in town seeing the thing drive through were in shock and confusion, while some of them were taking the kids off the street so they wouldn't be run over, "Ya sure ya know how to drive this here thing?" Applejack asked Winston.

"Trust me, I'm the better drive out of all these guys." Winston assured her.

"Well I admit it goes fast, but I don't think we'll still get to the Crystal Empire in time." Twilight said in doubt.

Suddenly Ray and Egon's horns started glowing with their magic auras, "Hey our magic is acting on their own." Ray gasped.

"I think it's the car that's reacting to them." Egon said as he noticed the controls on the car glowing.

The car continued going faster, until it suddenly lifted off the ground and rocketed into the air leaving a trail of magic behind it, "Whoa!" Rainbow and Peter gasped as they looked out the windows seeing they were off the ground now.

"The car is flying!" Ray gasped.

"This is intense!" Peter called.

"Looks like your princess tricked out the Ecto-1 in more ways than one." Egon stated.

"Well now we can get to the Crystal Empire in no time." Twilight said in relief.

"Then let's go!" Winston said as he drove the car through the sky and right through the clouds leaving behind car outlines in them.