• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 9,662 Views, 97 Comments

The Pony Ghostbusters - Wildcard25



When the ghost of King Sombra haunts the Crystal Empire, the girls have no idea how to handle an entity like that. So who're they gonna call?

  • ...
9
 97
 9,662

On the job training

As the Ecto-1 flew through the sky, Ray looked out the window still feeling enamored on how high up they were, "Oh, wow this is incredible. Hey, how come we never tricked out the car with the ability to fly?"

"You have any idea how long it could take to build the car so it can defy the laws of gravity itself?" Egon asked in deadpan.

"Yeah, not to mention the kind of stuff we'd have to find to make it work that way." Winston added.

"Just a thought." Ray replied.

"So where is this Crystal Empire?" Winston asked Twilight, who was behind him.

"You'll know it when you see it." she replied.

"Oh, you really expect us to spot this Crystal Empire when it could be anywhere down there?" Peter asked sarcastically, until Slimer tapped his shoulder.

"Uh..." he pointed downward.

Peter and the others looked down seeing they were flying above their destination, the Crystal Empire. Peter looked sheepish before answering, "Well,what do you know? We're here!" Egon and Ray rolled their eyes.

"Take us down, Winston." Ray ordered.

"But be careful." Egon warned him.

"You got it." Winston confirmed, as he began bringing them down.

The car was getting lower, and closer to the ground. Finally it pulled up right by the spot where the Crystal Heart was set in place to protect the Empire from outside forces, "Everypony out!" Ray ordered, and they exited the car.

The Ghostbusters and Slimer looked around the area, as Peter whistled, "No wonder they call this the Crystal Empire."

"This whole kingdom just sparkles." Ray added in astonishment.

"Twily!" a voice called.

They looked and saw Shining Armor and Cadence trot out of the castle and embrace Twilight, "Who're they?" Winston asked the girls.

"That's Shining Armor, Twilight's older brother," Spike began, "And that's Princess Cadence; Twilight's old foalsitter, and the ruler of the Crystal Empire."

Twilight led her BBBFF and sister-in-law over to the group, "Shining Armor, Cadence, allow me to introduce to you the gentlecolts Princess Celestia called upon to help deal with Somrba's ghost. Meet the Ghostbusters."

"We're honored you came all this way to just to help us." Cadence bowed her head in respect alogn with Shining.

"Hey, if the ya got the dough then the ghost's gotta go!" Peter chuckled, "Sorry, but please let me introduce myself and my friends. I'm Dr. Venkman, Dr. Stanz, Dr. Spengler, Winston."

"Hey!" Slimer gargled in irritation.

"Oh, right. And Slimer." Peter introduced him.

"Well, welcome to the Crystal Empire," Shining greeted them, "We're glad you were all able to make it here so fast."

"Thank Celestia for tricking out our ride." Peter motioned to the car.

"Come on inside so we can talk." Cadence instructed, as they all headed inside the castle.

As they walked through the hall Shining spoke up, "So you four can deal with these ghost problems?"

"We're professionals." Ray replied.

"But how bad is this ghost problem aside from the ghost of this Sombra?" Egon inquired.

"Well, at first it was just Sombra, but then sometime today many of these other spirits started showing up around the empire." Shining explained.

"We suspect Sombra sent them as a means of preparing for his second return." Cadence theorizes.

"Plus when we used our magic on him he seemed to recoil from it. I guess he's trying to strengthen himself back up before coming back." Shining put in.

"When he does we'll all be ready." Twilight confirmed them.

"In the meantime, why don't we get to some busting practice for real?" Peter suggested to his boys who agreed.

"We'll cover all of them empire if we have to in order to find all the smaller ghosts." Twilight added.

"Then let's go, yall!" Applejack ordered.

"How exciting!" Pinkie beamed as they took off.

When they left the castle, Egon used his magic to levitate the PKE Meter and determined what direction to go. So they followed Egon, and saw multiple specters that looked like ponies. They were flying around scaring the Crystal Pony inhabitants.

"Check it out guys, it's spooks equine version." Peter joked, and only Slimer laughed.

Let's get to work." Ray ordered, as Peter flew up readying his compact pact, while Ray and Egon used their magic to hold their particle throwers.

"And a-one, and a-two, and a bobbly-bobbly boo!" Peter called, as the four opened fire on four of the specters who were being affected by the protons.

"We got them, now for a trap." Egon ordered.

Winston slid one trap under the specters as they were being lowered down, "Gotcha!" Winston stomped on the pedal, opening the trap that sucked the ghosts in before closing.

"You got them!" Pinkie cheered with Applejack.

"We're not done yet." Egon said, while looking at the PKE meter.

"Still got plenty of traps." Ray said.

"Well let's go." Peter said as he flew off, while the others followed.

So they kept up the job by blasting and catching multiple lesser ghosts. The guys started enjoying it because it felt just like a job back home. And Peter was enjoying it the most, because with his new ability to fly he would be able to catch a ghost before it could fly away and out of range.

Soon they captured all the ghost minions sent by Sombra and returned to the castle, with multiple traps, "Well it wasn't easy, but we caught just about all of the ghosts swarming the empire." Ray explained.

"Thank you all so much." Cadence smiled, and bowed her head.

"It was our pleasure." Peter replied.

"But we need to do something about all these traps," Egon motioned to the seven traps they had loaded with ghosts, "We can't just leave them here unattended."

"If only we could send them back home and have Janine load them into the containment unit." Winston said.

"Maybe you can." Twilight spoke up, grabbing their attention.

"Ok, I'll bite." Peter said.

"Spike can use his flames to transport these traps back to Canterlot and Princess Celestia can transport them back to your world." the princess explained.

"It'll work, but we'll need to leave Janine a message." Egon put in.

"All over it." Spike pulled out some parchment, and a quill and began writing a message that Egon was messaging, "And finished."

"Ok, put the traps together." Egon instructed his friends who gathered the seven traps into a pile.

"Spike." Twilight ordered, as her number one assistant used his flames on the traps and they suddenly vanished.

In Canterlot, appearing before Princess Celestia were the pile of traps with the message Peter made out to them. Using her magic she transported them back to the Ghostbusters HQ in New York, where Janine saw them, "Figures, they take off and still leave me with their dirty work." she said dryly.

Back in the Crystal Empire, Egon looked to Twilight, "Now can you use your magic to duplicate this empty trap, Twilight?"

"Of course." Twilight answered.

"Hold on, I'll help you." Cadence offered, as the two alicorns used their magic and from one trap came about ten.

"Why do ya need that many more?" Shining asked Egon.

"While we're not sure if we'll run into more smaller class specters, we can't be too casual." the scientist explained.

"But enough about them, I say we get onto training these girls how to use our equipment." Peter said, as he put his hooves around Rainbow and Pinkie.

"Ooh this is so exciting!" Pinkie jumped for joy.

"Well, can we trouble you for the use of the training field?" Twilight requested of Cadence and her brother.

"No trouble at all, I'd like to see how it works too." Cadence admitted.

"So would I." Shining agreed.

"Well lead on, your highness'." Peter said formally, and the two led them on.

Soon they were in a training area, where the crystal guard recruits would train, "Will this so?" Cadence asked the Ghostbusters.

"It's perfect." Ray admitted.

"Well girls, we got work to do." Peter said with a smirk.

Soon the six ponies stood side by side each wearing a compact pack on their right hooves. Twilight, Rainbow, and Fluttershy wore compact packs due to needing to fly and wouldn't be able to support the weight of a full proton pack, Applejack and Pinkie wore them for the same reason as Winston so not to use the mouth to hold the particle thrower, and Rarity wore the compact one because she didn't want to carry such a heavy thing on her back.

"Ok, girls. Listen up!" Peter began, "It's more than just watching us and learning how the equipment is used to be a ghostbuster. You must also be quick, clever, and smart to use this stuff."

"We understand, Dr. Venkman." Twilight answered.

"Good, because we're gonna be running you through tests." Egon stated.

"And we can help." Shining offered, as she and Cadence used some of their magic to create astral projections of ghosts.

"Perfect." Winston nodded.

"All right, ladies. Let's get this show on the road!" Peter declared, as Rainbow, Pinkie, and Applejack cheered.

And so the training with the girls began as they were struggling to use the compact packs against the fake ghost targets. They found it difficult to keep still so they could aim right, and their streams were darting all around. Fearing of them accidentally crossing their streams, Egon used his magic to shut off their compact packs, ending their streams.

"Ok, that went..." Ray began, until Peter spoke up.

"Very unprofessional."

"Hey!" Rainbow shot up.

"I'm sorry, but Peter is right." Egon answered.

"He is?" Ray asked incredulously.

"I am?" Peter asked in similar shock before clearing his throat, "I mean of course I am. Why wouldn't I?"

"I hate to say it girls, but you lack the ability to control your aim." Egon lectured the girls, with them looking disappointed.

"Egon, permit me," Winston spoke up, as he took a shot, "Look girls, I know it's hard to control your packs, but here's some advice. Don't let it control you."

"Control us?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah," Ray spoke up, "It's like when me and Egon started using unicorn magic. We were unable to control it because we were letting it control us. You all have to take charge of when you're controlling your packs. Show it you are the wearer and it is the blaster."

"I get where you're coming from now, Ray," Twilight gasped, and turned to her friends, "Girls, let's try one last time, and let's give it our all."

"I'm with ya, Twi." Applejack smiled in confidence.

"Rock on!" Rainbow agreed.

"Absolutely." Rarity added.

"Yes, indeedily!" Pinkie cheered.

"Yay!" Fluttershy finished.

Twilight looked to her brother and sister-in-law, and nodded before the two used their magic to make the astral ghost targets appear again. The girls activated their compact packs and once again started opening fire on the ghost targets. This time, however the girls were actually able to zap at the illusions signaling their aim had drastically improved since their initial run. The Ghostbusters looked incredibly surprised, especially Egon. Winston however smiled with Ray seeing how their little pep talk got them back in the saddle, no pun intended.

When they ended their training, they looked to Egon who smiled and nodded in approval of their improvement, "Congratulations girls, you all did well." Egon congratulated them.

"Thank ya, Egon." Applejack thanked him.

Ray noticed Fluttershy looked a little unsure, "Fluttershy, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I can handle using it. I mean what if I slip and accidentally hit one of my friends?" She began in worry, "Oh I don't know if I should join you." her friends gave her concerned looks.

"That's ok, Fluttershy. We may have another job for you." Ray stated.

"What would that be, Dr. Stanz?" she wondered.

Ray levitated a trap to her, "We'd like you to be in charge of of the trap. And that's the biggest job."

"It is?" she gasped.

"Uh-huh."

"And you want me to be in charge of it?"

"I wouldn't ask anypony else." he finished.

"Oh, thank you, Dr. Stanz! I won't let you down." she smiled in joy.

"I'm sure you won't." Ray smiled.

Suddenly Egon looked at the PKE Meter and gasped at it's readings, "Fellas, we got a problem here."

They looked at the readings as Ray gasped, "Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh, what?" Applejack asked.

Twilight looked at the readings and gasped, "Girls, something big is coming."

"Big?" they asked.

Suddenly the door if the entry to the training burst opened and flying in was a familiar black cloud. As it flew around the area went dark, as the ponies and Spike looked in horror, while Slimer and the Ghostbusters looked shock. It suddenly hovered above the group, as Sombra's face appeared in the cloud, "Hello, again." he laughed sinisterly.

"Sombra!" Twilight gasped.

"That's Sombra?" Ray asked in shock.

"Yes," Cadence replied, "The former ruler of the Crystal Empire."

"And now back to take what was mine from the beginning!" the ghost declared.

"Guys, we better be getting paid overtime for this." Peter told the guys, who were too shocked to even remark at his statement.