• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 3,457 Views, 51 Comments

Colin McRae Equestria Rally - JustDing



Due of a spell gone wrong, Equestria is invaded by rally drivers and their cars. And all of them are trying to beat the records on all courses of the country populated by magical equine lifeforms. And of course, to pollute the air, too.

  • ...
2
 51
 3,457

Ford Focus Rally Car, Appleloosa - Hive, Stage

This stage is one of the few stages where the drivers will mostly race on sand and in tunnels. Be careful in the tunnels, any mistake could end bad for the car.

Appleloosa

The yellow earth pony stallion Braeburn was sitting on a chair in front of his house. He was waiting for visitors which would came by train. But the only ponies who took the train were citizen from the town. Braeburn knew all of them. He looked at the clock of the church and sighed as he saw it was already 9 o'clock. He put his hat back on his head, put his vest together and turned to get back into his house...

Suddenly, he heard a voice which sounded like a metallic thud. It came from around his house. He went after it. His heartbeat increased as he saw a lightbeam coming out from the alleywey.

His jaw dropped as he saw a strange plain blue vehicle, the lights were switched on and illuminating the whole alleyway. He could read the name 'Ford' from it's sides, written in embellishmented words. And he could saw two weird creatures in it's inside.

At first, he did not know what to do, but since he was a open-minded pony who was friendly to any species, he galloped to the vehicle and began to yell in his typical southern accent "Welcome strangers to AAAA-ppleeee-looooo-saaaa!"

However, the creatures did not seem to show ANY reaction. Instead, they proceeded to discuss something but he could not hear the words.

"How rude..." Braeburn muttered. It was then when he noticed the sign placed next to the vehicle, which displayed the number five.

Braeburn was about to ask himself or the creatures what this is all about as he heard a voice.

5

Braeburn yelped in shock as the vehicles elicited a loud roar. It was much louder than a train.

4

Braeburn backed away from the vehicle as the engine went louder, emitting a raspy-sounding shout to the environment.

3

The creature to the left gripped the steering wheel tightly with his... hooves? Paws? He did not know it.

2

The engine was getting louder as it roared.

1

Braeburn thought to himself he should call Sherriff Silverstar as...

Go!

The vehicle jumped forward, driving past him. In an act of shock Braeburn inhaled which resulted in breathing in a lot of dust and smoke. As the cloud of dust subsided, he looked around... and found nothing. The only remains of the vehicle were the marks of the tires, but Braeburn did not seen them since it was getting dark.

He closed his eyes as he shook his head "Haha! I think I'm seeing ghosts. I was so eager to meet strangers that I was starting to hallicunate them."


Somewhere else...

It has been a few weeks ago since Queen Chrysalis failed attempt to rule over Equestria. She had infiltrated Canterlot, yes even the castle with ease. She dragged Princess Cadance into the long forgotten Crystal Caves and replaced her by herself. Everything seemed to go well and her plan of ruling the throne would prevail.

But Princess Celestia's personal student set the real Princess Cadance free and then her and Shining Armor's love threw her and her children out of Canterlot.

She had found herself in the deserts. And on the place where they landed, they build a new hive. Not far away from a little town named Appleloosa, but still to be remain undetected. The love they found there is not as pure as the love from Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, but still better than nothing.

So now, she was sitting in her dark charcoal throne in the far end of a large dark hall. The hall was in the middle of the hive, in one of the highest towers. And the hive looked like a palace, only completely black. Green light came from windows that were lined up like veins in a body at the towers. The towers were in the form of spiral cones and more than thirty metres tall. The main tower was more than hundred metres. All towers were connected by large bridges.

Again, she was sitting in her throne, thinking about the whole situation. She was satiesfied with that what she and her childrens have at the current situation, but is she satiesfied with the whole situation?

No.

She could have all love she need and wanted. She just wanted the best for her children.


Next to her were two guards, standing absolutely still. They wore nightblack armor and long black spears which were looking more organic than mechanical.

Queen Chrysalis thought about new plans to conquer Equestria, but she would not dare to go again to Canterlot...

"Hey! What is this?" one of her guards suddenly said aloud.

"Huh? What?" Chrysalis said in her usual doubled voice as she looked up, awoken from her way of thoughts.

The other guard went from his position and trotted up to a pair of red signs "I don't know, my queen, but these signs showed up out of thin air." He touched one of them, but nothing happened. The other guard went to the other sign and tried to push it with his spear, but it seemed like the sign was glued to the black ground. He then punched it, but he only hurt is own holed hoof "Ouch..."

The guards looked up confused to their queen. She opened her mouth to call for more guards, as suddenly one guard burst in the hall "MY QUEEN! IT'S TERRIBLE!"

"What is going on?! Come over here so I don't have to yell.", she said as she rose from her throne. The guard flew over to her, his insectoid wings gave a buzzing sound to the environment. As he landed in front of his queen, he took off his helmet and began to speak "My queen, our scouts detected a unknown fast moving chariot...thing in Appleloosa. We don't what it is, all we know it approaches our hive..."

Queen Chrysalis shivered at this words. Did Appleloosa know about the hive and now they sent a surprise to them? Do they have to relocate the hive once it's here?

"Mobilize the guards. We would defend the hive with all our might."

"But your majesty, we don't have much love. If we lose, we would waste everything we have!"

"I know...", she closed her eyes as she thought about a failure.

The guard looked at her for a few moments, before he turned around and yelled to his brothers "You heard the queen! Go to the north side. I want at least three soldiers at each entrance of the hive. Use magic only when it's necessary."

"I will stay here." Queen Chrysalis said as she returned to her throne. The guard nodded and flew off with his brothers...


The hive was on full alert. The changelings who weren't old enough stayed in their chambers, while every other changeling who was capable of fighting took position at the entrances. It was a mess, one second everything was peaceful, now everypony felt like a war is coming.

After some more minutes, everything was quiet. All changelings were on the outer side, pointing their spears at the environment around the hive.

"I see something!" one soldier shouted. A bright light came from behind a hill, as well as a roaring sound which was increasing in volume...


Seventy over long jump and thirty six left into tunnel.


Everypony screed in horror as a mechanical monster with four wheels jumped over the hill and landed on the sand with a loud thud. But it did not stop as it advanced the main entrance of the hive with a great amount of speed. The soldiers formed a line in front of the entrance, pointing their spears at the approaching vehicle.

But it did not seemed to bother as it came closer and closer...

Every changeling jumped away as the vehicle was mere meters away. With no obstacle in the way, the vehicle drove into the hive... it was a horror for all changelings.

"ALERT THE QUEEN! IT BROKE INTO THE HIVE!"

All changeling flew and run back into the hive...nopony noticed the yellow signs at the entrance. The drivers of the Ford Focus have just stand up a new record for this checkpoint, namely two minutes and thirtyfour seconds from the start to the checkpoint of this section.

A long fourty four right, uphill the voice said as it drove into one of the towers and drove the way up- it was just a long main tunnel of many which was build like the roads in a underground car park. All changelings who were in the vehicle's way jumped out of the tracks right in time. And all of them were confused from the voice. Where did it came from? And what meant that voice?

Twenty over narrow bridge into long tunnel, one hundred and fifty.

Those changelings who still contained brave in their minds began to throw spears at the vehicle, but the Ford drove with more than 140 kilometres per hour over the bridge...to the main tower, namely where the queen was. So every spear missed the vehicle.

Inside the queen's hall, four of her best guards moved up in front of their queen, longswords and shields ready to strike the vehicle...whatever this vehicle was. Suddenly, and without any warning, the closed gates of the hall vanished into thin air. The guards kept mumbling about to defend their queen, while Queen Chrysalis channeled energy in her horn.

Soon they could hear the vehicle's engine...it sounded almost like a demonic advancing dragon, ready to strike at it's prey...


It's a thirty three left, then twenty through narrow gate into stop, fifty.


The scary machine drove through the gateway. The changeling guards were shouting a loud battle cry before they charged at the much faster vehicle. But the vehicle was merely unfaced as well as the drivers in it. The guards were expecting the vehicle stopping, so they could surround it... but a Ford Focus, with it's turbo charged 4 cylinder 16 valve 1998cc 310HPS engine, on roll cage, gears and everything, wheighs more than one ton and a half... and such a mass can be hardly stopped when it drives with more than onehundred kilometres per hour.

And as soon the brave guards realized the vehicle would not stop, they dodged the vehicle...which drove it's way up to their queen, who screed in shock and the magic in her mangled horn dissipated...

The Ford Focus drove through between the red signs from earlier...

And suddenly, the wheels of the vehicle stopped spinning, the engine emitted loud puffs of unburnt fuel and flashes of fire came out from the tube underneath the vehicle. The wheels were struggling with the mass they had to carry, and the brake discs began to glow in a menacing red...

But finally, the vehicle stopped.

Just a inch in front of Queen Chrysalis.

The vehicle's engine was still humming as she opened her eyes, just to see the creatures in the vehicle discussing. The creature in the left side of her view held a college block in his appendages and pointed with his other at it, presumably showing something the creature next to it.

The guards watched the scene horrified, they were thinking it was the end for their hive. When the queen dies, they would not know what to do.

But as they saw the vehicle standing in front of their queen, they charged at it, some of them in usuage of their wings, and surrounded it.

But before the first spear could embed itself into the vehicle body...

...it disappeared.


The guards looked in disbelief at the place where the vehicle has been, mouth agape. Even Queen Chrysalis looked like a squirrel which watched a thunder...fearfully. Did she built up the hive on a long forgetten place where ancient competitors were racing for profit and now their ghosts were retaking their land?

"My queen...it's gone...it's just gone..." one of her guards only could say...

Also, none of them noticed the stopwatch next to one of the red signs, which stopped at three minutes and sixteen seconds...

-~==~-

Mode: Rally

Car: Ford Focus

Best time: 3:16

Country: Equestria

Course: Appleloosa - Hive

Next Course: Wonderbolts Stadium (Super Special Stage)

Here's a video about the Ford Rally Car:

Author's Note:

This chapter is a little bit short, but the next one will be a little bit longer.

(21.09.2015 : I accidentally hit the unpublish button. Sorry for that.)