• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 767 Views, 14 Comments

Rough Landing: A Desert Geek's Experience of Equestria - DrZed



A Modern-day Renaissance Man meets Equestria the hard way. Diamond Dogs, Really?

  • ...
6
 14
 767

Just Play Dumb

I knew what they wanted. Gems. I knew in my current state I didn't have much of a chance against them... They have my gear, including my sword.... so I played along. I needed to recuperate before I could do anything of use.

Heavy chains were put around my wrists and I was yanked along by Asshole, that being my new nickname for the diminutive canine with a stick on one shoulder and a huge chip on the other.

Tunnels, more tunnels, and oh look at that, more tunnels.

Yes, there were ponies, pulling carts and tearing themselves apart digging for gems. I was saddened and enraged by this but chose to hide it. The right moment will come.

The ponies whimperered, screamed or shrank away upon seeing me. Other dogs growled, yelled and swung sticks, eliciting yelps and a slow return to work. I could still feel the huge eyes of the ponies on me, frightened by my appearance and size.

Asshole grinned broadly, his tongue lolling out as he dragged me along, "YOU WILL MAKE GOOD WORKER, APE THING."

I grimaced and kept mum, numbly following. The less they knew about me the less they could exploit. The filthy chains digging into my wrists already.

Finally I was brought into a large central cavern, draped with what must be tapestries raided from the ponies they had captured. Other dogs sat around the room eating pieces of meat from the torn apart carcass of something... resembling what used to be a pony.

Flat rock platforms carved into the walls around the room gleamed with gold jewelery, piles of gems, and fine, if dirty, pony clothing.

I spotted my belt and pouches on one of the shelves the contents strewn around nearby.

I found it no surprise that all the change was missing, Small shiny coins? to a race that likes shiny things? Yeah.

Finally after being paraded around the room by Asshole I was brought to the center, where a nice looking chair sat upon a raised platform, In that chair sat a fat burly dog, his dirty claw resting on the hilt of my bastard sword.

Of course, The Alpha. He regarded me with one eye, the other missing, crossed by a large scar running across his wrinkled face. "What have you brought to the court of Limestone, the Sharp eyed?"

Shar pei'd? I gritted my teeth and fought down the guffaw I felt wanting to escape, due to the horrid pun.

Asshole stepped forward and grovelled, dragging me down next to him, surpisingly strong, these mutts. "Stonecoat has brought you this Ape thing as a worker."

Stonecoat, huh? I preferred Asshole. It suited him better.

Limestone hopped down from his chair, which I realized was covered by my red cloak.

He ambled around me slowly, "He looks strong, but has no claws, How will he dig?" He grabs my jaw, pulling my mouth open, examining me.

Asshole grinned, "He has the bearing of a minotaur, Great Pack Leader, perhaps he can use their tools."

Limestone nodded, "Fix his injuries. Train him. He will work with the ponies. He has a the teeth of a meat eater, Perhaps it will scare the ponies into working faster." He steps back up the platform and settles his girth into the chair, and onto my cloak.

A bulldog guard steps up, "The Great Limestone has spoken! Send for Basalt to tend to him, then put him to work."

Asshole bobbles his head up and down vigorously mouth hanging open, then yanks the chain, dragging me away.