• Published 22nd Mar 2014
  • 4,266 Views, 55 Comments

Choose Your Own Adventure: Maud's Education - Palm Palette



Maud needs to round out her rock science major with a liberal arts minor. Help her choose what to study.

  • ...
3
 55
 4,266

(26)

Maud swallowed her pride. “Fashion's about making ponies look fabulous.”

“That's the best answer I've heard all day. Let us see if you're a protégé. We can skip the technical question. Listen to this: my suggestion. Make me a dress that shows me your style. If it's good enough, I'll find you worthwhile.”

“What? Here?” Maud looked around the classroom. There were sewing kits, mannequins, thread and cloth in the room, but they looked more like display items then pieces meant for actual use.

Zirconia pointed out the door. “There's a workshop out across the hall. You'll find what you need past that wall.”

“Oh, thanks.” Maud stepped out. The workshop was well supplied with what one would expect to find in a dressmaker's shop. Well, the materials were cheap, but there was enough variety there to give a good impression of whatever it was she decided to make.

“So how'd it go?” Suri Polomare loomed over Maud's shoulder.

“She loved it, just like you said she would.”

“Bravo. I told you that you'd go far if you stuck by me. Say, do you know what you're going to make for your demonstration? I'm already such an expert on fashion and design that I'm sure I can give you a hint or two to improve on your already exquisite design even further.”

“Well...”

“Yes? Yes?”

What kind of dress should Maud make?

One that captures the essence of a geode.
One that captures the thrill of a landslide.