• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,795 Views, 26 Comments

Skyland - shenadri



Skyworld equestria, steampunk and some tech, how the M6 reacts when they are trown in a world 2000 years in the future?

  • ...
16
 26
 1,795

Chapter 5: Picking up the pieces

After the initial shock, and assuring all the populace that was saved from the war was comfortably accommodated on the huge airship, the element bearers, plus Rad, Applecobbler, and the Eder, were reunited in one of the biggest chamber in the aircraft.

“Are you telling me that we were lost for two thousand years!” Rainbow was yelling at the top of her lungs, “Furthermore, we leave all of our friends outside of Ponyville to die on a stupid war and… and… oh my Celestia” the daredevil stopped, finally understanding what has happened, unceremoniously she plopped on the nearest chair, hiding her face in her hands.

“W-What about the other cities and towns, Twilight, if you can answer me, that is” Fluttershy asks, hugging her pet bunny, Angel, tightly against her chest. After all the ordeal of getting out the Ponyvillians from the stasis chamber, Fluttershy was the most affected by the fact that they are all now in a floating island of their former planet, also that most of the wildlife that has survived out there now were feral.

“Well Shy, being completely honest, i don't know what to do, Celestia a-and Luna went missing after they saved us and I- and I…” the purple princess say, before her voice cracked and she also fell on her knees, heavily sobbing, “I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHAT HAPPENED, WHY? WHY THE DAMNED GRIFFONS ATTACKED US AND WHY-” before Twilight continues, a hard slap from Rarity effectively silences the alicorn, all the others in the room stay put, flabbergasted, while the fashionista simply loomed over the ex librarian, hand still extended.

“For Celestia’s sake, Twilight, stop crying RIGHT NOW” Rarity yells, “we all are shocked that we lost… well everything that was appreciated to us, but please, you are conducting yourself unbefitting for a princess!” the alabaster unicorn continues her speech, “what do you think Celestia would have do in our position right now, and please, don't tell me that the plan now is sobbing and fussing about the past, because, honestly darling, we are alive NOW, and we can do something about this, but we need to take the wheel of our lives again in our hands, and go forward!”

“She is right, sugarcube,” Applejack says suddenly, accommodating her trademark stetson on her head, “We the Apples are strong and we always try t’overcome all the problems that came ‘r way the best way we can, moving ahead!” the orange mare finishes, also showing a grin, “A’h can bet that this little mare over here is one descendant from the original apple clan!” she proudly says, pointing Applecobbler, which just eeped and jumped behind Rad, causing the human to raise an eyebrow to the suddenly skittish mare.

“You might be right, honest Applejack” North Star pointed, glad to enter the conversation, “Applecobbler is a descendant from the ponies that founded appaloosa two thousand years ago, also I am descendant and the last seneschal from the House Starcall of the old Canterlot, and the last chronist alive.”

“Ok, that means that you are the descendant from Fancy Pants!” Twilight exclaims, “so you probably know or have any documented history that could help us” the ex librarian was jumping on the spot, little stars shimmering on her eyes.

“Unfortunately, Princess, those records are lost in the Ponyville Jungle, that is the nearest island, there are a lot of ruins within, including a crystal palace” Rad interjects, gaining a grasp for all the audience, “also a strange magic keeps the place secured, and supposedly there is a huge dragon keeping everything outside it, also the rogue Changelings, a lot of mythical beasts, and a curse, but hey, your funeral” the human ends, looking surprised the grin on all the faces of the mares present.

“Rarity, you are right” Twilight states, looking to all the ponies and the human, “we are alive now, and by Celestia’s sun, we are going to fix this huge mess, so our first stop would be the Ponyville Jungle!” all the others in the room cheered.

“Ok, so, how we get the Harmony out of the cave?” Pinkie innocently asks.

Author's Note:

Short Chapter, but next one will be longer, also i think things are to peacefull for our heros...