• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,794 Views, 26 Comments

Skyland - shenadri



Skyworld equestria, steampunk and some tech, how the M6 reacts when they are trown in a world 2000 years in the future?

  • ...
16
 26
 1,794

Chapter 2: do you want me to WHAT!!!

"PROJECT AURORA"

"Rad, i have a bad feeling about this" Applecobbler suddenly states, trying to turn around and to the exit of the cave, however, she suddenly stops when she notice that her friend wasn't following.

"¿Rad?"the nervous mare turn around, to find his partner at one of the aircraft stairs, breathing heavily while climbing, as some of the steps were either broken or the amount of rust, water and environment had deteriorated to the point where when stepped, with a metallic crunch the steps sank inward. "Rad, What. The. Buck. Are. You. Doing, get down here, NOW!"

"No way, dont you see Cobbler, if we can get this baby outa here, we can join them" the human exclaim in a excited manner

"Join who" Applecobbler states, before realizing,"Oh no, nononono, dont you ever THINK that we are going to get that airship out of this caverns and join them, besides, with this relic, i dont even think we can actually make it trough the takeoff."

"Whatever... woaaah, hey, move your flank over here and check this out, the door is open", without thinking twice, Rad entered the cavernous bottom of the aircraft, not noticing a small sensor on the inside of the door that just activated when he and a apprehensive Applecobbler set foot inside the massive relic, after that, they began to hear a faint hum while all devices inside the ship began to activate one after another, starting with the electrical system, which lit the lights within the site revealing about 20 fighters in what both explorers now identified as the bay of war, besides the machines designed for maintenance and deployment of these little warriors.


"Wait a sec... i know these little guys" Applecobbler states, gaining a surpised look from her companion, after all the nervousness, the pony girl began to speak in a rather more confident tone "these are the first prototypes of the Efighters, Rad, I begin to believe that we could follow your crazy dream after all, the ship and these appear to be in good condition, if somehow manage to get this huge old piece of history out of the cave, we could try to sell it as a lost technology and sustain the colony at least until we can not see the horizon, it's a great opportunity, I will bring Gerome and old Northen Star, they will know what to do."

"No way, this is our discovery and I want to keep it for me, for us, so we could join Lone Mountain and Crazy Haze, Applecobbler, dont you see? finally we can get off this island and dedicate ourselves to be explorers or even aid the rebellion to end the Griffon Empire" The boy exclaimed in jovial manner, reaching for the filly with one hand, while the other do a sweep in one of the windows of the fighters, taking away some dirt and dust above the glass, "Besides," the boy added, "I need an amazing mechanic who can help me keep this ship and all fighters in conditions, and because of what I've seen, I dont know of another girl, or filly, who can handle a wrench so like you, Applecobbler."

"Let's do this Rad, if we get this pile of junk in this cave out, and WE MAKE SURE that no one cames out and reclaims the airship as theirs, is ours, but for now let's explore more, I think we have not looked a one-third of this ship, and I want to get to the bottom of this mystery, traumatic experience or not." the young maroon mare said as she headed to the next door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After realizing the time, both youngsters returned to the village , where they where giving the reason that they had lost track of time while looking for parts to repair some of the most urgent things, like the ventilation system in the hospital, or some specialized parts for the only two fighters currently operating in the village, the young mare had to use all his strength and patience in Rad for him not to use one of the fighters inside the ship to reach the village , besides making sure the secret where intact for a while longer , the 6 next days were spent in a similar way , exploring the Aurora , as both began calling the imposing aircraft , checking and changing all the old or weak parts in order to try to get the behemoth out its stone grave.

In a way, the secret of the cave was safe until one day that a slip by Rad forced the mechanical wonder to explain to the old North Star why they were absent so long in the village , skipping its obligations, such as harvesting and collection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, this is what you have been working the last few days, right?" the old pony said, watching the titan hiding in the cave.

"Yes, old man, now we present you the Aurora" Rad said with an exaggerated bow while activating the elevator (which Applecobbler got to run just the day before.) "Almost the entire ship is scanned, it takes the back room, but for more I tried to force the door open it has not budged even a centimeter. "

"Hmm"mused the old stallion, looking all that the young couple had achieved in these few days, "¿can i see that door?"

"Sure, anyway I do not think you can open that door" Applecobbler intervened, while giving the young man a hard look, however, when they get to the door in question, North Star gave it an incredulous look, as he immediately understood why this particular door did not open.

"lads, this door can only be opened with magic, and must be specifically unicorn magic in order to reach those mechanisms." the old stallion muses gaining again some disbelief looks from the other two in front of the door.

"The real question here is, why the builders of this ship do this door specifically, and what is hidden behind it."

Author's Note:

I need one editor and one proofreader, if you are interested, please leave me a PM