• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,795 Views, 26 Comments

Skyland - shenadri



Skyworld equestria, steampunk and some tech, how the M6 reacts when they are trown in a world 2000 years in the future?

  • ...
16
 26
 1,795

Chapter 1: Welcome to the world (well, whats left of it)

"and thats the last of the story of the golden age" The old stallion finishes, getting an groan of deception from his little group

"hey, old timer" one of the other survivors on the island says "If those pony princesses are as powerfull as you say they are, why they doesnt stop the empire back then" he states, a half grin plastered on his face, getting the old stallion to slowly rise himself from the stump where he was reading to the children.

"First off, Gerome, the princesses in that age certainly are powerful, and immortal, but in those times they didn´t know about tecnology" The old pony begrudingly says, "also, how many times i have told you to call me by my name"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry North Star" the gruffy man, Gerome, blurt out a half hearted apology, "Aaanyway, whats the second reason that you have to believe your "allmighty" princesses doesn't have a chance" he states, sarcasm heavily imprinted in his voice.

"That's because of the Dragonsbane" the weathered stallion says, sadness in his voice, "as you know, Dragons are mostly impervious to magic, but still they could produce some of the most incredible magical substances such as scales, dragon bones, liquid fire, etc, the sun and the moon doesn't stand a chance with that type of anti-magic substances imbuded in the armor and the tech all the griffons have, after some calculations made by one alchemist called Swift Potion, the princesses discovered that all the dragons on the griffon empire after the 3 years lockdown where massacred in order to get all the materials to fuel the invading first armada, also, with the arrival of your kind, human, the technological boom of the empire gives them the upper hand and they destroyed any resistance, that is, untill the diamond dogs destroyed the core of the planet, and all the chunks like the one on wich we are where separated from the plantet's cluster."

"Umm, excuse me, grandpa" one of the little ones hesitantly says, gaining over the argument between the old pony and the now flustered human, "but if thats true, what about the other princesses."

"Well my boy" the old stallion says, a sprinkle in his eye, "there is where this story gets interesting, the princess of love managed to seal again her empire from the treaspassers, getting an allmighty barrier in the exterior of the crystal city, and a foreboding warning to all the invading forces, because she cast a charm on said forcefield, that states that anybody, except the ones that wield the harmony could get trough, and also the empire being in the last corner of the world, now where Sheithreth is, the natural coldness of the land proves a great natural obstacle against the hot headed griffons."

"¿And what about the little princess?" Another girl, this time a filly, hesitantly asks, also clutching a little grey and patched doll in her tiny hands

"It is a very curious thing indeed, Amethist" North Star stated, "because the princess of the sun, before banishing, leaves behind a lot of markers to be found, along with one prophecy: "Whenever the time is right, She who wields the magic will return, with the last hope of a war long lost, but that same hope will reunite all the banners from this fractured world back together, to correct the long wronged races. along with her friends and the young hopes from the ashes, she will rise again."

"I sure hope so" Amethist states, smiling sweetly.

"¿Hey Gerome, have you seen Rad and Applecobbler recently?" Another stallion asks, gaining a wary glance around the camp and a sigh, followed by a sound clap, when Gerome uses his hand to slap himself on the forehead.

"Those two are going to kill me" the human mumbles, before looking to the horizon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"¿Are you sure that's what you saw?" a young, tan earth pony mare asks, also dodging a twig that her partner, a teen human, trows away while walking near the cliff, "because the last time that you "saw" something, it was a wild banhthar that almost got both of us killed" she promptly continues, this time gaining a eye roll from her companion.

"We agreed to never speak of that again" the teen automaticaly answers, "also, this time, i am sure that i saw something strange near the wistling peaks over there, a cavern with a couple of pony skeletons."

That answer only grants an anoying silence, when the human turns around, he notes that the mare has come to an halt, and she was seeing him waringly.

"¿And why in the seven islands you want me to go to check a skeleton for that matter?" The now frightened mare now asks, granting another eye roll from the human boy.

"thats the interesting thing, cobbler, those ponies are wearing a very different armor from the other ones we already have found, also, they still are quadrupeds." that statement comes with more silence, but this time, the pony girl has a pensive expression

"so you are telling me that those two are wearing somekind of different armor, and also that they are still on the first stages of our evolution, lets say... 2000 or so years ago, before human appeareance?"

"Exactly."

"OK, now you have my attention, but Rad, if you get us in somekind of weird traumatic experience, im gonna buck you out the island" Applecobbler sweetly states, also gaining a pained expression from Rad

"Dully noted" he says nonchantantly, while approaching a huge cavern in the western side of the island, also seeing the skeletons, Applecobbler begin to sweat, no because of the long deceased ponies, but because the omnious atmosphere that the cavern gets tho both the bold youngsters, without hesitation, the young human enters the cavern followed by the aprensive mare, both getting their neon flashlights and looking for clues, suddenly, the mare gets a glint from an object on a far side of the cave, meanwhile, our adventourous human boy goes ahead, without considering his friend.

"Hey Rad, i think i found something!" Applecobbler states, lifting a little cubic cristal, about the size of her fist, but she mets darkness and a dumbfounded expression from her companion.

"Holy maker, what is that" Rad states, when the mare arrive to her companion, she also look upside, also getting stunned, because they both found an very old airship in good conditions, when they flashed their lights in the airship, two bold words were on its hull.

"PROJECT AURORA"