• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,794 Views, 26 Comments

Skyland - shenadri



Skyworld equestria, steampunk and some tech, how the M6 reacts when they are trown in a world 2000 years in the future?

  • ...
16
 26
 1,794

Chapter 6: Towards the Jungle

After deliberating a while, all the capable hands on the aurora went outside to check how to extract the airship from the embrace of the mountain in which it was resting, Twilight and Rainbow Dash were doing aerial surveillance to see what they could do from the air, and Cheerilee, Big Macintosh and Applejack were inside, checking the stability of the cave, however, the possibilities of liberating the airship were very few, as all the involved into the endeavor return to the ship to give their respective reports.

“Well, besides a lot of interesting cave formations, this cavern is pretty much solid rock, so we won't concern ourselves with the cave giving in and burying us alive” the teacher from ponyville says, getting nods from the apple brothers. “Also Twi, the rocks in ‘ere are sturdier, if that makes sense, it is like this cave was perfect for hiding us and t’airship” Applejack adds.

“Eeeyup”

“I was fearing to hear that” the purple princess says, sighing heavily, “we with RD here did an aerial sweep over the cave, outside the wildlife and vegetation have taken the place over, so the only thing that we can try is to blast our way out of the cave, but i don't know if the Aurora could sustain the damage of the explosions and the falling debris, besides we don't have the training to use the ships cannons and the aircrafts on it so those are out of the question either.”

“Um your majesty, if I may” Applecobbler begin, “I can train some of your subjects on that regard, at least to operate the airship and all the things that are inside the Aurora.”

“And myself can train the ones that would like to become the wardogs of the ship” Rad added, grinning mischievously, “but if I am to help you, I want something in exchange.”

“Rad, i don't think that…” North Star began, only to be interrupted by Twilight, raising an eyebrow, the old stallion recede and looks at the bold human, a glint of anger on his eyes.

“And what, pray tell, Rad, do you want from us?” Twilight says, eyeing the human, “as you can see, we don't have anything of value and the few things we have are this airship and ourselves, so what do you want then?” she finalizes, anger and disappointment clear in her voice.

“Before you cast your judgement in me ‘princess’, know that the thing that i want is simply letting me go with you guys, i know that you will have a hell of a journey, and i wanna take part on it!” the human says, taking a fist in her chest, “we are tired of waiting for the change, now, we are going to be this change!”

“Hear, hear” Rainbow and Applecobbler says, smiling, all the atmosphere in the room change to a cheery one, only Rad and Twilight were exchanging glares, but the purple princess scowl slowly change into a smile.

“Okay Rad, I think that is a excellent proposition and i gladly accept your price, friend” the princess says, extending her wings fully, all the other mane six also cheering in approval.

“Well, if Rad goes, I am coming too!” Applecobbler says, lifting her hand before Applejack could intervene, “this knucklehead usually stir some problem whenever he goes, and you will need a mechanic, also I am the one that helped to fix and try to run again this relic, so I wanna take part on it!”

“Atta girl” Big mac hollered, also Northern Star walks diligently towards Twilight, when he is in front of the princess of friendship, he bows respectfully.

“Your majesty, I am also coming with you” the old stallion began, “and before you tell me otherwise, I am doing this out of my free will, I only want a world of peace, but apparently the griffons only know is war, so we are going to give them just that, I can offer you expertise in old languages and research and…” he trailed off, smiling to the two youngsters, “I cannot abandon my family.”

“Ok, enough chit-chat, we need a lot to do” Pinkie suddenly burst from one hatch in the floor, making Rad jump back in fright, Applecobbler to hide behind Big macintosh and Northern Star to stand protectively in front of the princess, “I need a pair of barrels of gunpowder, one 15mm fuse cord and a lot of capable hands, oh, and also chewing gum!” the hyperactive pink pony says, after that she simply plop down in the hatch, closing it.

“Uh… Princess?” The elder stallion was the first one to recover from the sudden appeareance of the sugar rush pony.

“Don't mind it, Northern Star, after all, that is known by us to Pinkie being Pinkie” The purple alicorn says, chuckling, “believe me, you don't wanna know how I learned that.”

“If you say so, Princess, but why in the wide world your friend wants all those things” Rad asks, eyeing the hatch

“For liberate the Aurora silly, trust me, I grew on a rock farm.”

“GAAAH.”

After helping the young human, and assuring him that Pinkie Pie was only an earth pony mare, all the capable hands on the Aurora went to their respective tasks, a couple of days were spent teaching all the ponies on the Aurora the basic functions of the airship, however, Rad impatience was growing with the day, a sentiment that, unknown by the human, was also shared with a cyan mare.

“I am going to grow old before I can teach somebody here to fly” Rad says to nobody, while he is checking one of the Efighters on the hangar, bored out of his mind.

“Yo, Wondercolt” a tomboyish voice interrupts the sulking human, causing him to trip over and fall from the stairs right on his rear, when he recovers, he found one mare laughing hard, holding her arms to her sides.


“Oh my ribs jajajajaja” Rainbow Dash says between laughs, “oh… that was just what i need, ok, need a hand?” she says, offering her hand to the baffled human.

“Yeah, thanks, however, you shouldn't be helping your crazy friend?” the human says, turning around and resuming his checking on the aircraft, “or you are goofing around again” he quickly adds, smirking.

“I quit like yesterday afternoon, that Pinkie is doing something that only she understands” Rainbow answers, shrugging, “anyhow, can I ask you something?” she continues, scratching her head awkwardly.

“Uhh, yeah sure, tell me.”

“Can you teach me how to fly any of those?”

“... Come again?”

“Ugh” the rainbow mare says, annoyed, “Can. You. Teach. Me. How. To. Fly. These. Machines?” she says, patting one of the sturdier aircrafts

“Yes, but as your princess tells us, we need first to get out of the cave before we can get out the fighters, anyhow, I can try and squeeze us out, there is one launcher here on this level that points to the exit, but we will be a little uncomfortable, those are designed to get only one pilot per fighter.” he continues, but he soon realizes that the mare is trying to get into the cockpit.

“Awesome, do your thing, i'll be waiting for you!” Rainbow says, trying to get into the reduced space.

“this is gonna be great!” the human thought to himself, pulling a lever to open one of the doors and then accommodating the aircraft into launch position.

Outside the cave

“Ain’t this world strange big bro?” Applejack casually says, checking the gun that the old Northern Star gives to all the ponies who are in guard duty.

“Eeeyup” the giant behemoth answers, also looking the mare checking the equipment, “and what about-” whatever he is going to say, were lost when an increasing roar was heard from the cave, both brothers looks worriedly to each other, before ducking away when something maroon fly past them, but they could hear the laughs of a certain stuntmare above all the noise.

“When i get my new hands on Rainbow Dash, she will desire that she was never born” Applejack mutters to herself, before turning around “ YO BIG MAC, PLEASE KEEP THE GUARD UP, I AM GOING TO REPORT THIS TO TWILIGHT!”

“WHAT?” the stallion yells back

“OH HORSEAPPLES, THAT MARE IS SOOO DEAD!”

Unknown to both brothers, someone is also watching the scene unfold

“Quick, report to the nearest outpost, apparently the rebels are on the move, we need backup” a blackened figure says, before crouching again and checking for further movements from the cave.

“And this time, we know EXACTLY where they are!”