• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 3,308 Views, 191 Comments

At The Drop of A Hat - Tchernobog



A particularly strong gust blows Applejack's hat away. What follows is a chaotic chase across all of Equestria to retrieve it.

  • ...
20
 191
 3,308

The Yaoi Mistress

“Lightning Dust? Why would she be here?” Rainbow Dash asked her companion, stopping her with a wing from entering the warehouse, where the flames were quickly spreading.

“She was with me when that ninja jumped us,” the earth pony immediately replied, glancing at Rainbow. “They might've brought her here too!”

“What?” Rainbow exclaimed. Any further reaction was interrupted by the distant sirens of the local firefighters. They stepped back as the place collapsed and was engulfed in flames.

The pair were still getting their bearings on the situation as the police approached them, ushering them away as the fire was contained and the paramedics treated the wounded.

Two hours later, Celestia had once again brought forth the sun. Applejack and Rainbow Dash had given their statement on the events. Despite initial skepticism, the authorities believed their story, backed up as it was by a number of Demule cronies. As they stepped out of the police station, the pair stared in surprise and relief at the pegasus waiting near the gate.

“Yer alive!” The farmer cried out as she ran towards Lightning Dust, Rainbow Dash slowly fluttering behind her.

“Glad I can say the same about you two!” she greeted in return. “After that mess, I figured I'd find you here.”

“Huh?” the pair exclaimed, glancing at each other in confusion.

“Here, look at this.” Lightning ducked her head under her wing. She then held up a newspaper in her mouth.

Secret cult falls in flames.

“You're on the front page!” She exclaimed after spitting the newspaper out. “I don't even know how the press knew about it, all I did was tell the authorities where the place was...”

Rainbow Dash took the newspaper, skimming over the article along with Applejack. But the earth pony glanced up at Lightning Dust's last few words.

“Who'd ya talk to?” Applejack frowned.

“How do you think the firefighters arrived at a warehouse on the outskirts of the city so fast?” Lightning winked.

Applejack grinned. “Well, thanks a bunch pardner!” She glanced back at Rainbow Dash, who'd just finished reading the article.

“AJ's right, Lightning. You're a lifesaver.”

Lightning shrugged off the mood. “Well, time to get back to work. Wish I could stay.” She snapped a hoof to her head, saluting the pair as she lifted herself into the air. “I'm glad you're both okay. Was nice seeing you!”

“Same here,” Applejack replied.

“Yeah, maybe we can get a coffee next time?” Rainbow winked.

Lightning Dust grinned back, understanding that the hatchet had finally been buried. “I hope so. Well, I'll see you lovebirds around!” She sped away from the blushing pair, disappearing amongst the skyscrapers.

After losing sight of her, Rainbow glanced at Applejack, and found the earth pony staring back. Their bodies slowly inched closer to each other.

“Well, It's all over now.” Rainbow grinned.

“Seems like it.” Applejack replied, her gaze still locked with Rainbow's.

“We got your hat back.” Rainbow continued, her voice softer than before.

Applejack nodded. “Eeyup.”

Rainbow's voice dipped lower still. “Stopped a global evil plot...”

“That we did...” Applejack replied. She could see the blush on Rainbow's muzzle, and knew that her own was just as hot.

“We had a great adventure!”

“Couldn't ask for better company.” Applejack mumbled, their muzzles so close they could feel each other's breath.

“You know what would make this even better?” Dash's voice dropped to a whisper, her eyes lidded in a way that left nothing to the imagination.

“I got a few ideas...” Applejack replied, closing her eyes as their muzzles closed the distance. Just as they were about to make contact, a growling sound shattered the mood. Blinking, they faced the direction of the noise, ready to yell at whatever had interrupted them.

But instead, many voices did it for them.

“Pinkie!”