• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 492 Views, 6 Comments

Outsider: The Vengeful Changeling - Sillyponyme



A new Changeling takes it upon himself to get revenge on everypony involved in Chrysalis's death.

  • ...
6
 6
 492

Lazy Night

“Princess Twilight Sparkle, I must talk with you.” Princess Celestia walked into the library, her face filled with curiosity. “Twilight, why would you marry Sweetie Belle and Crush, they are still young, almost too young.”

Twilight groaned but she couldn't say that this topic surprised her. She had expected it to come up at some point. True that the two are just out of reach of marrying age but it was for the best. She had her fears of Crush ruling by himself and those fears were confirmed as she ran off with Greyfire. Chrysalis had said something about being alone and what it drove her to do. Twilight hadn't heard the entire sentence but she had heard enough. “I know your concerns Princess Celestia, but it was a necessary marriage. Believe me, if they didn't like each other so much, I wouldn't have married them or pushed it.” Twilight explained somewhat.

“That doesn't make me feel better, you asked me to let you marry them and I agreed but you have yet to tell me the reason.” Celestia tapped her hoof awaiting an answer.

“I didn't think that you needed to know every reason I have for doing things. I thought you trusted me enough to know that I know what I’m doing but if you must know then fine. It’s because of what Chrysalis said to me on the way back to the library. Something about being alone. I suppose it was actually more of a yell but regardless. I fear that if I allowed Crush to rule on his own that he would turn into another Chrysalis if you will.” Twilight left the room for a moment, came back with two cups of tea and offered one to Celestia which she gladly took. “I didn't want the two kingdoms at odds again and I believe that giving Sweetie Belle to them would keep that from happening. Not only that but she loves Crush to death as you have noticed.” The two thought back at that day in the hospital but shook themselves from their thoughts.

“So this is all about keeping peace then; that, though honorable, is not a good enough reason. I never thought that you of all ponies would have even considered it.” Celestia only saw a smirk on Twilight's face. “Is there more to it than that?”

“Of course there is, I’m not stupid. I did a lot of thinking and it became clear to me, Sweetie would go with or without my permission or anyponies for that matter. I've seen her just disappear days and then found her with Crush. Every time she would disappear and eventually I knew exactly where she was. Granted it didn't take long for me to figure it out. As the year went on, I heard Sweetie talking with Crush. I heard her say that she would go with him. That’s when I began thinking; it’s far too dangerous for her to just go away with him. I thought long and hard about this and I came to a few conclusions. Not only would their marriage keep peace between us and the changelings but between Sweetie Belle and my friends and I. It would also keep Sweetie Belle out of trouble not only with herself but with her sister and some moral things as well. I know that Sweetie will be happy living with Crush. Trying to keep her away could possibly cause a bigger problem then just being disobedient. I feared that she may do something drastic with the way that she spoke.”

“I see, I suppose that you did the right thing. I will be on my way then but for the record, I never meant to insinuate that you were stupid.” Celestia turned and walked away but not before one final thing. “On a side note, I have sent you a visitor. He should be here any moment.” Before Twilight could ask who it was, Celestia was gone.

“Who could she have possibly sent and why?” Just then there was a knock at the door. “That must be him.” Twilight let out a big yawn and opened the door revealing a guard. “I take it Princess Celestia sent you?”

The guard saluted Twilight. “Yes Princess, I’m your personal guard. I know it’s late but I thought I would come by and introduce myself. My name is Flash Sentry, I’m a new guard and Princess Celestia thought it would be a good idea for me to work for you.”

“I apologize but I had no idea up until a few moments ago that you were coming and so I don’t have a place for you to stay. I assume Princess Celestia has something ready for you elsewhere?” Twilight yawned and felt the cold night air blow in through the door making her shiver.

“Yes I do have a place ready and I’m very sorry for disturbing your evening Princess, I see that you’re tired, I’ll let you sleep.” Flash turned and walked away.

“Goodbye Flash.” Twilight shut the door and headed toward her bedroom. After the cold breeze, all she wanted to do was warm up in her bed but she kept thinking about Flash. “I should have at least let him in while we spoke, surely he was cold.” She stretched out and yawned again. “I’ve never been so tired before.” She got in bed, covered up and immediately fell asleep.


Flash made his way to the hotel that Celestia had set up for him to stay in. It had been a long day and though he didn’t look it, he was exhausted. That wasn’t good for a guard to be so tired, it meant that his awareness was most likely off and that wasn’t good. A guard must always be aware of everything around him but of course with so little problems, it didn’t seem like a big issue. That was his first mistake; he made it to the hotel and since he didn’t hear the hoof steps behind him, he found his world going dark without knowing the reason. “Sorry guard, I need to get close to the princess in order to find that book.” The Changeling copied Flash and then hid the body. “Tomorrow I find that book.” The changeling walked into the hotel and took Flashes place

Author's Note:

I will not be updating as fast as I did with my previous story. The sequel is something that didn't make it onto fanfiction and so I still have to do some writing. I will try to update at least once a week.