• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 493 Views, 6 Comments

Outsider: The Vengeful Changeling - Sillyponyme



A new Changeling takes it upon himself to get revenge on everypony involved in Chrysalis's death.

  • ...
6
 6
 493

The Traitor

Twilight woke to the sound of Spike talking but she couldn’t tell if he was talking to himself or to somepony. She ignored it and went over to her mirror and brushed her mane. She had the oddest dream last night of her and the new guard Flash. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, it was just her and Flash at the movies but it was still odd. She couldn’t figure out why it was that way but it was a dream, nothing more. Still, she couldn’t help but think that there was more to it than that. “I shouldn’t think about it, I’ve got my share of things to do today.” Twilight finished brushing her mane, set down the brush, and headed downstairs when there was a knock on the door. “Spike!” Twilight called down.

“I got it Twilight!” Spike answered the door and standing in front of him was Flash Sentry. “I take it you’re here for Twilight?”

“Yes and no, I came for a certain book actually. Is she awake?” Flash asked looking past the small dragon.

“Hello Flash, good to see you again, I heard you say that there was a book you need?” Flash nodded. “I find it odd that you would need a book but I suppose that Princess Celestia has her reasons for asking you. So what is the book you need?” Twilight went over to one of the shelves.

“It’s on legends, a specific legend that the princess is worried about.” Flash walked over to the shelves next to Twilight. “It’s the legend of the Outsider.”

Twilight grabbed a book off the shelf that was full of legends, myths, and so on but something wasn’t right about the request. “I remember specifically that princess Celestia said never to give this book to anypony, why-” Twilight felt two hooves around her neck squeezing tightly. She struggled to free herself but it was no use and the world around her went dark.

“Sorry Princess but this is too important.” Flash heard a gasp behind him and turned to see Spike running past him. Flash ran over to the door just before Spike reached it and blocked the small dragons’ path. “You’re not going anywhere.” Flash tackled the dragon and knocked him out. “Now back to my reading.” He went over and picked up the book that Twilight had grabbed and began looking through the many legends. Moments passed before he found the correct one. “Let’s see what this has to say about you.”

Legend of the Outsider

A pony hidden away in the cliffs of the hills is he found. The path of good is an easy trail but the path of evil is more difficult and near impossible. Find him and he will give you a gift for you to decide how to use. He does not care either way but he will watch your every move and action. Beware, where there is evil, there will be those ready to repress it.
“Really, that’s all that there is, what does that even mean? What cliff and what hills; wait, it couldn’t be?” Flash looked around frantically and found a map of equestria showing off the names of landmarks, towns, cities, and so on. He soon found what he was looking for. “That’s it, Macintosh Hills, in the Badlands.” He grabbed the book and put it away and then did the same with the map just as an orange pony came in.

“What in tarnation?” Applejack said as she looked around the room. Twilight and Spike were out cold on the floor and a guard turned around with a smile on his face. “What did ya do to them?”

“Sorry little miss honesty but I have to go.” Flash ran past and out the door leaving Applejack baffled.


A guard ran frantic through Froud Valley to warn Crush and Sweetie Belle about the traitor Bloodlust. It had started raining and his armor weighed heavy on him as he ran. The rain turned the dirt roads to mud and soaked the torches putting out the flame that lit the way. Despite being daytime, it was as dark as night. Every changeling ran inside to keep dry, only this single guard traveled. He soon arrived at the castle, the gargoyles, black twisted spires sticking high above the roof, along with the lightning created a creepy atmosphere. The guard knocked on the door multiple times before another Changeling opened up. “I need to speak to our new rulers immediately.” The Changeling at the door could hear the urgency in his voice and let him by without question.

“Go right ahead Blackwater.” The guard known as Blackwater nodded and ran forward through the halls, came upon the doors to the king and queens room and knocked as calmly as possible.

“Come in, the door is open.” Crush said from the other side of the door. Blackwater opened the door and walked in dripping water along the way. “Blackwater, what is going on?”

Blackwater let himself catch his breath before bowing and then stood up straight. Crush and Sweetie had been cuddled up until they saw the look in Blackwaters eyes. “It’s Bloodlust your highnesses, he is going to betray you. He is currently working on his scheme as we speak. I tried to stop him but he was Chrysalis personal guard, he was too strong for me. I will understand if you kill me for this unforgivable failure.” Blackwater bowed down until he felt a hoof on his chin.

Sweetie lifted his face so they could stare at each other. “Now don’t think such a thing, you have warned us and that is enough.” She turned to Crush who looked furious. “What do we do?”

“I must let Princess Twilight know, surely she will help. Princess Celestia must also know of this, I’m sure that she will have sent look outs to keep an eye out for him. I dislike it but once we capture him, he will be put to death. I should have had that done the moment we took over. This betrayal is no surprise to me, I knew him all too well.” Crush turned to Blackwater. “Go and warn the princesses of this heinous act and let them know that if they catch Bloodlust, they are welcome to execute him but before you go, do you know what his plans are?” Blackwater shook his head. “Go, quickly, there is no time to waste.” With a nod, Blackwater ran out the room while Crush grabbed a hold of Sweetie and held her tight.

Author's Note:

So from here on in, i will be updating every Monday and possibly on Saturdays. I have no idea what Froud Valley looks like or if I even found good info on where the Changelings live but I did and will do my best with it.