• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 493 Views, 6 Comments

Outsider: The Vengeful Changeling - Sillyponyme



A new Changeling takes it upon himself to get revenge on everypony involved in Chrysalis's death.

  • ...
6
 6
 493

Power Aquired

“Twilight, Twilight, you ok?” Applejack gave Twilight a gentle nudge. Twilight fluttered her eyes open. “You’re awake, good.”

“What happened to me?” Twilight grabbed onto her throat as she remembered the feeling of being choked.

“I aint sure sugarcube, I came in and found both you and Spike out like a light. Somepony was here with ya, he looked like a guard but he sure didn’t act like one.” Applejack sat down next to Twilight. “Ya’ll have been out for at least a few hours. What’s goin on?”

Twilight looked away angrily. “Flash, he knocked me out after I tried to ask him about why the princess would ask him to acquire the book of legends.” Twilight stood up off her bed and wobbled around for a second before gaining her balance. “When I find him, he is-” Twilight was interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door. “Is Spike awake?” Applejack shook her head. “I’ll go get it then.” Twilight headed downstairs followed by Applejack. When the door opened, Twilight grabbed onto the pony with her magic and threw him across the room. “Who do you think you are Flash?”

“Whoa, hold it hold it!” Flash backed up against the wall a little frightened. “What did I do?”

“You knocked me out after I asked you about the book!” Twilight saw the look on Flash’s face and lowered her voice. “You didn’t do that did you?”

“I assure you Princess; I would never do such a terrible thing. In fact I was attacked last night. I woke up behind the hotel I was supposed to stay in. When I went to go check in, they wondered why I would check in right after checking out.” Twilight was about to respond when the door to the library flew open.

“Your highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle, it’s an emergency.” A changeling said as he worked on getting his breath back into his lungs.

“Who are you, what’s the problem?” Twilight asked and stood tall, her head held high.

The Changeling bowed and answered the question. “My name is Blackwater and I was sent by King Crush and Queen Sweetie Belle to warn you. There is a traitor amongst the changelings; he is after something and I assure you it’s not good. I’m not sure of his plans but I’m sure it has to do with some legend. It would be the only way for him to stand against an army alone. I have also been told to tell you that if you find him, he is to be executed immediately, no questions asked. His name is Bloodlust and he was Chrysalis, guard.”

“He must have been the one who knocked Spike and I out. Flash, go get a group of guards, send them to Macintosh Hills. That is where, Bloodlust was it;” Blackwater nodded. “He will be. I’m positive that he is after the Legend of the Outsider. Flash, you are to return to me afterward, understood.” Flash nodded and ran off in a hurry.

“Princess, may I lay down for a moment, I’ve been traveling all night.” Twilight nodded and Blackwater gladly jumped onto the couch eager to fall asleep.

“Applejack, do me a favor and tell Flash that I went to Froud Valley to speak with Sweetie Belle and Crush and please take care of Spike and tell him not to follow me.” Twilight picked up her saddle bag and put it on.

“Of course.” Applejack ran upstairs and kept an eye on Spike who was still asleep. “Ah wonder if he is asleep because he wants to be?” Applejack chuckled at the small dragons sleeping habits and what he would do to stay asleep.


Bloodlust arrived at the sought out cave, the same cave that had been their hideout. Without so many Changelings in the cave, it was noticeably bigger. “It was right here the entire time, how did I miss it?” Bloodlust looked around but couldn’t figure it out. There wasn’t anything obvious leading anywhere special. He had to be missing something. “I’m here right, this is the place? Where do I find you Outsider!?” There was a bright flash that blinded the changeling. Once the light vanished, a blue and black line could be seen leading to a nearby wall. “You’re kidding me?”

Bloodlust walked up to the wall and fazed through it. Once on the other side, arrows came flying through the air straight at him. He ducked the arrows just in time. “That was close.” He continued on his way and found the walls moving closer trying to turn him into a pancake. He ran forward and continued to run and duck avoiding multiple obstacles and traps. After a very uncomfortable run, he came to a large round room. A tall Stallion appeared before him. “You the outsider?”

“The test is not yet over.” The ground below Bloodlust gave way and the ceiling above moved downward. “Survive this and you will be granted my power.”

Bloodlust tried to escape but the ceiling cut him off. He flew down and then shot himself upward as fast as possible.

The rock ceiling stopped moving as soon as it reached the bottom of the pit. “That was a bust.” The Outsider said as the ceiling moved back up almost instantly. In a hole in the ceiling came Bloodlust. “You wish to have my power, here you go. I am curious to see what you do with it.” The Outsider disappeared and Bloodlust found himself back in the main part of the cave.

“That was a rush, I think, oh my head.” Bloodlust took a few moments to gather his thoughts. He felt dizzy and off balance, he lifted his hoof to his head. “I see it, the power, it’s mine.” He shook his head to clear it and then headed outside to find guards everywhere. “How long was I gone for?” Bloodlust looked around when a guard saw him. “Time to test out my power.” After a bit of thought, he waved his hoof out and time stood still. “Wonderful.” A blade appeared next to him. “What’s this and where, no matter.” It took him no time to kill each of the guards. “Watch yourself your highnesses, your doom is near at hoof.” He chuckled as he made his way back to Froud Valley.