• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 612 Views, 5 Comments

Doctor Whooves and the TARDIS Crew: Come Little Children - Russell Dickson



The Borg attack. Time Turner must save the Ponies of his new home world.

  • ...
6
 5
 612

The Crack

Chapter Five

Crack

Sounding like a commander of a ship, Time Turner asked Octavia. "What can you see of the Borg cube?"
Octavia replied. "Well, it is a cube that measuring about 28 cubic kilometers. As far away as we are, this is about all I can tell you from my scanner sweeps."

Time Turner walk around the room. "Okay. So, we are going to have to do a fly by to do a proper scanner sweep of the Borg cube. Now before we do that we need to do two things. One; we need to review what we know about he Borg. Then two; we need to have someplace to go and review what we will learn about them after the sweep. Form there we will figure out what to do next."

Vinyl was the first to share. "All I know is that I was laying down some new tracks, when I hear this voice come over the speakers saying something about. 'we are the Borg' and 'your bodies and teak will be added to our own, and that you will adapt to service us, do not fight back.'"

Derpy thought about it and then said. "I not sure that is a quote, but that does sound right. I hear it on the radio, and I think the cube it self may have had a loud speaker."

Time Turner then said. "But, no one hear them inside their head?" Each pony look at each other and shook their heads. "Right!" Said Time Turner, clomping his hooves together. "They are not telepathic. or are very weak telepathic beings. What more do we know?"

Princess Luna then said. "They almost killed six of the royal guards, before you save them, but they capture doznes, before you freed them. So, they want us alive."

Vinyl once more said. "OH. And, they got some rad teak, but it looks like a mash-up, ya-know. Something form this place and more form some other place. The outside of the cube sort of looks like the inside of one of my mixing boards. Or, If you turn this thing inside out. Humm? Can this box do that?"

Octavia was going over scanner reading and asked. "Time Turner? I found something that looks like, well it sort of like when Rainbow Dash flies overhead and a rainbow con trail follows her."

Time Turner looked over Octavia's shoulder and checked the readings. "OH! This is clever. A temporal wake, good eye Octavia. We do not need to fly by the cube now. We can just follow the temporal wake back and see what they have done to others beings. And, more important see who has defeated them and how they did it."

Time Turner then ran to his place around the control center, clap his hooves together and said. "Ready or not my brave ponies. Allons-Y!" Then Time Turner slammed his hove down upon a button and the TARDIS jumped to life making a 'V-room-rip." sound sound over and over.

Mostly being lead by the mantel cues of the living TARDIS. The wooden police box filled with ponies, and other beings of Equestria, made a wide birth around the Borg cube and followed in the temporal wake of the cube.

Octavia sent information over to Princess Luna and Ditzy Doo form her control station. As Big McIntosh reported on how the TARDIS was 'feeling' about the speed they were traveling. Vinyl got on the intercom speakers and gave a blow by blow account of what was happeing to the passengers in the back of the time and space ship.

Then Spike voice came over an intercom. "Hi up there in the, what ever room this is. Lesson, we been taking a head count and so far the only pony we can not find is 'the grate and powerful' Trixie. We are still looking thou. Also, the orphans are calling for Princess Luan to came and sing to them? Not sure what that is all about."

Princess Luna then asked. "Can my children hear me form here?" Time Turner smile. "I think all of the TARIDS would love to hear you sing."

Vinyl press a few buttons giving a head nod went the intercome was ready. Princess Luna said. "I am sorry my sweet children but your night mother has to work for you right now, but I can sing our song for you."

"Come, little children, I'll take thee away
into a land of enchantment
Come, little children, the time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows
Follow, sweet children, I'll show thee the way
Throught all the pain and the sorrows
Weep not, poor children, for life is this way
Murdering beauty and passions.
Hush now, dear children, it must be this way
Too weary of life and deceptions.
Rest now, my children, for soon we'll away
Into the calm and the quiet
Come, little children, I'll take thee away
into a land of enchantment
Come, little children, the time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows...*"

When the last note fell away form Princess Luna's lips, Vinyl turned off the microphone of the intorcom system. A smile pass form one pony to the next of the crew, as a feeling of peace fille the TRADIS.

The spell was broken when Octavia once more looked down at her monitors and said. "Worm hole? The Borg split open a worm hole and came into our space time."

Time Turner looked down over his own control panel and replied. "You are right. That worm hole leads right to Equestria? Princess, is there a portal opening of some sort in Canterlot?"

Princess Luna replied. "If by, 'portal opening' you speak of the gateway mirror to the Earth then yes."

At once Time Turner started shouting. "That mirror is real? OCTAVIA! DO YOU SEE A CRACK IN SPACE!?"

Octavia looked over her reading. "Yes, that is what I would call it. We are flying right into a crack in space.

Now Time Turner was in a panic, almost screaming. "MAC! SHIELDS!! MORE POWER TO THE SHIELDS! ALL YOU GOT TO THE SHIELDS!"

At once Big McIntosh put all the power he could into the TARDIS portavtive shielding. Ditzy then started a count down. "Going into the space cack in. 4,3,2,1, now.

With only the smallest of shaking the TARDIS passed through the crack in space and into the Milky Way Galaxy. Scutum-Centaurus Arm 330/45,000 ly.

Ditzy then reported. "Okay we made it. Then she looked at Time Turner. "Doctor! What was with all the shouting and acting like we were all going to die. Are we safe or not?"

However Time Turner slowly open his eyes. As he looked himself over, he smile and then started to shout for joy. "HOOVES! I HAVE HOOVES!" He started feeling over his own body. "Oh, Yes! Same nose, same mouth, I am the same. The same all over. Oh! Ditzy Doo I am still a pony!"

Ditzy just looked at Time Turner and said. "Of course your are a pony. Why would that change after all?"

"Change!" Princess Luna replied. "The Mirror has a tranformation spell. When a pony goes thought the mirror into the human world called Earth, they are changed into a human. But, the TRADIS shielded us from the transformation spell."

With out waning the Cloister Bell of the TARDIS sounded and Ditzy Doo looked to her station. She turn the TARDIS hard to one side, and before any pony could ask 'why' a voice came over Vinyl's speakers. "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ship. We will add your biological and and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Time Turner then said. "Ditzy love, get us out of hear."

Ditzy Doo replied. "Love too. But I need someplace to go."

Time Turner looked over to Luna. "Pick a place Princess. We needed to go." Looking over the star maps, Princess Luna picked the Arcadis system and sent the information over to Ditzy Doo. With a few truns and twists of the controls the pegasus ponies set the TARDIS off and flying to the Arcadis system.

As the TARDIS went thought space, Vinyl asked. "What the HAY is going on? I thought we left those jurks back in Equestria."

Time Turner then said. "I am so sorry, but the Borg in Equestria were only a scouting pary. That was the main invastion force that we ran into back there just now. If we do not stop them the Borg well over run all the worlds back home and we will be left with nothing."

A sickening quite came over the crew as Time Turner words set into their ears, and took root inside each of there minds. Big Mac could even feel the sadness of the TARDIS, and it sort of felt like it was hugging his mind, in need of comfort. In return he thought of hugging the TARDIS back and though the words; I will do my best to protect you.

Princess Luna held her head up high, and said. "Then we know what we are called to do. Protect the worlds of our universe and take back our home planet. For this is the right and just thing to do."

Each of the ponies bow their head to Princess Luna and said. "Yes your Highness."

Octavia then reported. "I got a fast scan of some of the Borg cubes. I got some life reading, but they were very low, like as if they were half dead?"

Time Turner started looking over the data with Octavia, he then said. "130,000 life forms? Only Cybermen have those number. But, they are not form Mondas or Cybus Industries Earth. Also, they seem to lack elegants. Like their cyber parts are just stuck into there bodies with not real thought or plan."

Ditzy then said. "We are coming into the Arcadis system. Are we clear to land some place?"

Octavia looked over some new reading and said. "No life on any plant that I can find. But, I got some sort of message coming form one of the plants. Vinyl can you make it out?"

Vinyl worked on the message, cleaning up the sound around the words. "I am doing my best, but it is like some pony kick a DC player and then dumped the thing into a river. But, it seem to me to be saying - welcome to New Hope Earth Colony?"

Princess Luna then asked. "Can the Borg track us by our time and space wake, as we did to them?" Time Turner was still going over the data the Octavia had gotten form the Borg cubes, but said. "Transwarp capable. Bean and projectile weaponry. Regeneration defenses. Oh yes. The Borg can track us. It is well with in there technology. But, I got a few tricks in mind for them if we need them."

Luna the said. "What about the being that are in the Earth Colony? Are we putting them in danger?" Octavia recheck her reading and said. "There is no animals living on the plaint. And, I can see why, if you look at the monitor. What looks like a single star system is a lie. It is a binary system with a smaller star just inside the chromospheres of the larger star. The redioactive decay of the larger star is pull by and then shot out into space by the smaller unseen star. It makes a natural death beam. The Earth colony may not have seen the death beam in time and were cooked to death by what they must have thought was their new home world's sun."

Time Turner looked over the data and said. "You are very right. Taking the orbit of the smaller star into account, it is in oppostion with the colony planet once every three years. Equal to fourn years Earth time. Poor people must have set up a good life for them self's before it all came to an end. That is why the recoded message is so mess up, looks like it has been hit a few times by a flood of radio waves, and radiation. And, the next time that planet gets hit is only a few hours. Just what we need. Ditzy, set us down on the planet. It is time for us to hit back."

Author's Note:

* "Children of the Night" By Spiritto and Lionheart. A "My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, fan-animation film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW5n3k2VgZE